Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,702 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,094
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Game Suggestions » Would you be interested?

7 posts found
  Pyrostasis

Novice Member

OP  9/23/07 10:10:26 PM#1

So... I started with UO back in the day, it started me off on this MMO ride, and ever since I have been hooked. However, as time has gone on I have become rather bored with whats out. There simply arent enough skill based sandbox games =(

In fact... now that I think about it there are only what... three?

UO

Eve

Ryzom

So, my question is. How many of you would be interested in a UO "Classic" server.

Pre-trammel / feluca.

Pre stat loss

Pre new class changes.

Just simple old UO, Greys, Reds, Thievs, Housing, intense pvp...**drools**

So is it just me or do others find this interesting?

Does a classic UO server interest you?

Hell yeah!
Um... no
Yeah... but I want other things in it. (expansions, etc)
(login to vote)
  Pyrostasis

Novice Member

OP  9/23/07 10:25:42 PM#2

awww votes but no comments

uoplayer123

Novice Member

9/30/07 9:05:22 AM#3

This site sems to be very non UO friendly..

zharot

Novice Member

10/09/07 6:29:14 AM#4

Well, they probably have trouble figuring out why a game, not made within the latest year, can be fun.

I love the idea, there's not much to comment except t that you are right. I don't mind having new creatures , elves and items or whatever expansions. As long as I can kill, rob, or be a victim of this wherever I go.

But the last thing I want in the world, even if it means the game will be "better", is the WoW kiddies and griefers in it.

daelnor

Advanced Member

10/09/07 6:34:41 AM#5

Basically, there are two camps of people in this MMO world...

Those who were around for UO, and those who weren't.

Those who were not around back then...have no desire to see a game 10 years out dated.

Of those who played UO..there is the nostalgic camp that forgets the annoyances of old UO, and forget that there was no other option other than UO back then.

And the ones that played UO then..and have no desire to see it again.

For the late 90's market...UO was Teh Bomb!!! For todays market..it would be a niche at best. It is too limited in scope for the modern day market IMHO.

The only people really interested in seeing it again are the 30'something gamers who want the nostalgic trip down memory lane, heh.

p.s. I'm in the 30'somethin gamer crowd btw.

D.

KohenTrask

Staff Writer

10/09/07 8:41:59 AM#6

Limited in scope?

UO has more scope than any other game out there.  The problem is people have become so used to good graphocs )though I like them) and linear gameplay that they have no time for a game that might actually be multoplayer.

A classic server that required people to actually rely on others, that wasn't item based and held the same roleplay opportunity that defines UO from others would be fantastic.

A drop in subscription price would be needed to appeal to many but I'm sure EA would have a success on their hands if they did.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the reviews of MMORPG.com or its management.

Neil Thompson
Staff Writer
MMORPG.com

Wagoner

Novice Member

10/09/07 8:52:31 AM#7

I will always love UO for giving my best gaming experience of all time. At this point in time though they have broken my heart to many times to deserve forgiveness. I'm starting to lose the grand  feelings I have for old UO. I haven't played for a very long time but when I think about UO I'm starting to forget the grand moments of old and just seeing the new crap like neon pink elves riding polar bears. Its kind of like your first girlfriend. If she became a crackhead prostitute it would be very hard to think of her as the sweet girl you fell in love with when you were younger. Its going to be sad day when no one remembers the grand days and just thinks of the steaming pile of crap it has become.