Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,671 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,337
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

3 posts found
  Anslem

Apprentice Member

OP  6/23/14 8:38:06 AM#1

So after solving the puzzle of whether my account was EA or Mythic, I logged back onto an old bard of mine.

Died 3x in the span of 90 minutes - had a blast being lost (although I was surprised I remembered my way around certain places) and running through old dungeons.  Ran through Despise/Deceit and didn't see anything active like the old days but my shard (LS) is supposedly one of the more dead ones.

Going to work on a viable archer and who knows - might reignite my love for the game.  Some of my old friends from the early days still play which was a nice surprise too.  

Anyone able to rekindle their old love w/ UO?  Honestly I was concerned that things that were "easier" in MMOs like WoW would make me frustrated when returning to UO - we shall see.

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

6/23/14 9:29:58 AM#2
I wonder...did you do all this solo or in a group? Some people on this site seem to believe that self sufficiency (aka soloing) = anti-grouping.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Anslem

Apprentice Member

OP  6/23/14 7:12:25 PM#3
Originally posted by Ramonski7
I wonder...did you do all this solo or in a group? Some people on this site seem to believe that self sufficiency (aka soloing) = anti-grouping.

I am sorry I don't understand what you mean!?

I reactivated solo... and I did find a few old UO relics (friends) via an old program called ICQ which is how we used to communicate and they did help me with a suit and moongates to where I should be. 

I had some money and the server I'd called home had a lot of land open so I placed a large tower. 

PS. Do you still play WoW?  Our gaming histories are quite similar.

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -