Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,241 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,655
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Britannia Tavern (General) » Release a new server, pre t2a

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  ZigZags

Novice Member

OP  10/01/12 4:04:40 AM#1
If they came out with a new server so everyone started fresh and kept it Pre t2a...or at least pre trammel. I would play.

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Rolero

Novice Member

11/24/12 11:47:07 AM#2

you know that Siege perilous is a pre tramel shard? Launched in 1999 and was always there.

if you want inform yourself:

http://www.uoguide.com/Siege_Perilous

rolero Xfire Miniprofile
  King-Kong

Novice Member

12/04/12 4:45:05 AM#3
Originally posted by Rolero

you know that Siege perilous is a pre tramel shard? Launched in 1999 and was always there.

Siege, pre-trammel? What a joke. That shard has suffered from every crappy expansion the others have.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

12/04/12 4:50:29 AM#4
Originally posted by King-Kong

Siege, pre-trammel? What a joke. That shard has suffered from every crappy expansion the others have.

What exactly do you think would happen with any pre-T2A or pre-UOR shard they release?

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

mcrippins

Hard Core Member

12/04/12 4:52:20 AM#5
Originally posted by Loktofeit

What exactly do you think would happen with any pre-T2A or pre-UOR shard they release?

Pretty sure the point he was trying to make was obvious. We want a 'classic' shard without all of those updates. 

User Deleted
12/04/12 5:24:57 AM#6

Some people are after a non updated "classic" shard.

cantjump

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 5:07:21 PM#7
Yeah,  would be fun for sure. I don't have much time to play games atm because of school, but I heard there was one in the making called uoforever or ultimaforever, something like that.
  Cothor

Novice Member

2/11/13 1:13:51 AM#8
I dont' understand why these idiots have not done this already. It makes me sick that such irresponsible humans are allowed to have anything to do with UO. There are thousands of people who would do anything for that Shard to happen.
  Mystic_Fuzz

Novice Member

3/04/13 3:51:28 AM#9

The problem with a classic shard is that the nostalgia doesn't last long for most.

The reason we all wanted a classic shard was because it was the good era, the one we remember fondly, the one of discovery. The problem now days is that there is no more discovery and the era would stagnate and people would get bored quickly. We know pretty much everything there is to know about the game: how to GM all skills quickly, where all the best loot is, how to make characters that are best suited for whatever we need them to do. Classic eras were that of discovery. It was fun because we were in the process of figuing out how everything worked, running around lands that we have never been to and having the prospect of how the game would evolve. All those things wouldn't exist with a new shard based in a former era.

Ultima Online
Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

3/04/13 4:18:45 AM#10
Originally posted by mcrippins

Pretty sure the point he was trying to make was obvious. We want a 'classic' shard without all of those updates. 

I didn't question that. His point is very obvious. He wants a 'classic' shard. I wasn't even going to touch that idiocy because if he is so into getting a classic shard but has not followed or taken part in any of the discourse with the developers on that topic over the past three or four years, then he's really not that interested in finding out and I can't be bothered explaining it.

My question was, once it is released, then what? What does he think will happen with a pre-T2A or pre-UOR server? Will it stay like that forever? If so, how many people would continue to play past the first 3 months? 6 months? When they get tired of the bugs and lack of updates, will they ask for patches and, if so, will they want the problems solved in a different manner than they were the first time around? If so, then once those patches roll out (which means completely different development branch) will it still be the 'classic' server you wanted?

Everyone else has had this discussion, taken the surveys and attended the meetings. Where were you?

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

Luftwaffen

Apprentice Member

3/05/13 9:26:43 PM#11
UO forever !
  TheCoon

Apprentice Member

1/01/14 10:42:42 PM#12
Originally posted by Luftwaffen
UO forever !

This ^^

bibensd

Apprentice Member

1/01/14 10:50:10 PM#13
in por ylem launches the 10th i think
  tom_gore

Novice Member

1/02/14 1:09:29 AM#14

Just play freeshards if you want pre-T2A. Why would you want to pay EA 15 bucks a month for a game they don't even support anymore?

Mizzoufan

Hard Core Member

1/02/14 1:31:51 AM#15
Originally posted by tom_gore

Just play freeshards if you want pre-T2A. Why would you want to pay EA 15 bucks a month for a game they don't even support anymore?

I dont play this game but I thought Mythic Entertainment maintains UO now...

(Jul'14) // Playing: Lord Of The Rings Online

tom_gore

Novice Member

1/02/14 1:45:09 AM#16
Originally posted by Mizzoufan

I dont play this game but I thought Mythic Entertainment maintains UO now...

And who do you think owns Mythic?

Mavolence

Elite Member

1/02/14 5:46:27 AM#17
as others have said theres a very intresting server that is still pre t2a and the one that i play currently too which im absolutely loving is www.uoforever.com
  tom_gore

Novice Member

1/02/14 6:31:23 AM#18
Originally posted by Mavolence
as others have said theres a very intresting server that is still pre t2a and the one that i play currently too which im absolutely loving is www.uoforever.com

UO Forever seems to be making a lot of things right. I wish they'd add support for the enhanced client, though. I'm too spoiled by modern UIs to play with the original client anymore :)

MacroPlanet

Novice Member

Astronomy, art, games, and a cup of coffee.

1/04/14 1:17:30 PM#19

UO Forever seems to be making a lot of things right. I wish they'd add support for the enhanced client, though. I'm too spoiled by modern UIs to play with the original client anymore :)

UOF is a lot of fun.  The updated graphics would be nice, but not necessary.

Best MMORPG:
Ultima Online
EVE Online
World of Warcraft
DayZ

sempiternal

Novice Member

3/12/14 9:22:40 PM#20

Wow, that's a nice website. I'll have to check it out.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search