Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,311 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,682
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Britannia Tavern (General) » Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar (New Ultima announced!)

19 posts found
  MacroPlanet

Novice Member

Astronomy, art, games, and a cup of coffee.

OP  9/03/12 3:35:24 PM#1

It looks like EA has posted up a page to register for the beta for the new Ultima game announced.  Apparently Ultima Forever is a re-make of Ultima 4.  Except this time you can play with friends and the entire game has been re-vamped with HD art.

http://ultimaforever.com/

What do you all think about this?

Best MMORPG:
Ultima Online
EVE Online
World of Warcraft
DayZ

Chiram

Novice Member

9/04/12 12:15:43 PM#2
I will certainly give it a shot. I know it's nothing like UO, however... if done right maybe they can get enough interest into the genre to boost more subscribers in UO and hopefully a new MMO.
  Tardcore

Apprentice Member

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to post."

9/04/12 12:22:34 PM#3
Originally posted by MacroPlanet

It looks like EA has posted up a page to register for the beta for the new Ultima game announced.  Apparently Ultima Forever is a re-make of Ultima 4.  Except this time you can play with friends and the entire game has been re-vamped with HD art.

That yet again an old classic is getting corpse raped into a shit browser game instead of a gaming company actually trying to come up with new ideas. Just going to be one more turd in the stagnant cesspool of gaming to me.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

MacroPlanet

Novice Member

Astronomy, art, games, and a cup of coffee.

OP  9/05/12 6:36:26 AM#4
Originally posted by Tardcore

That yet again an old classic is getting corpse raped into a shit browser game instead of a gaming company actually trying to come up with new ideas. Just going to be one more turd in the stagnant cesspool of gaming to me.

I do not have good experiences with browser games either, or with EA games in general. However I am probably going to give it a chance, if it even does come to PC.

Best MMORPG:
Ultima Online
EVE Online
World of Warcraft
DayZ

Opapanax

Novice Member

Most Morbid One

9/05/12 6:50:08 AM#5

It's shocking how much seeing Bioware / EA scares me away from this. I loved my time in Ultima Online, but back then RPG's were alot more about the role playing and less about.. Well w/e it's about now..

With that said however my fond memories of the original won't let me wish ill-will on this project

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

ZigZags

Novice Member

10/01/12 1:13:14 PM#6
If EA has anything to do with this game, then I will not. EA is the devil and if you feed them your money, you deserve all the crap they give you.

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

10/01/12 1:17:28 PM#7

Yup, because they haven't raped the corpse of the Ultima franchise enough, apparently.

VikingGamer

Advanced Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

10/01/12 1:26:50 PM#8
Originally posted by ZigZags
If EA has anything to do with this game, then I will not. EA is the devil and if you feed them your money, you deserve all the crap they give you.

Well EA owns the IP for all things Ultima now so if anything is ever done with Ultima again EA will be involved at some level. The best we can hope for is that EA figures out that the best thing they could do for one of their games would be to pay the bills but stay out of the kitchen. Yeah right.

That it is targeted for browser doesn't have to be a bad thing. It probably will be, but it doesn't have to be. We will see.

Ultima 4 is a good choice. I really liked 4. But... if they defile my memories of 4 I will be really upset.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

Xzen

Novice Member

A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.
- Seneca

10/01/12 1:28:30 PM#9
Hell no I'm not going to touch it.
  Ex0dUs101

Advanced Member

10/01/12 1:29:40 PM#10

Not touching anything close to EA ever again, no matter what it is.

Its clearly never going to be anything close to any of the Ultima world we knew and loved in the past, and due to that id rather treasure the memories than let EA leave another bad one.

User Deleted
10/01/12 1:31:12 PM#11

I do not have good experiences with browser games either, or with EA games in general. However I am probably going to give it a chance, if it even does come to PC.

Which is kind of why companies are turning out half arsed dross.

The simple fact of the matter is, for some reason, even though everyone knows deep down it is going to be a massive pile of shite. Many people still buy it anyway. The companies still see a return and they still see a demand and so they keep on turning out absolute garbage.

And so the wheel keeps on turning.

It's hard to ignore an old favourite, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole.

redcapp

Novice Member

11/09/12 10:43:22 PM#12

Will be garbage.  EA destroys everything it touches.

If you are really an Ultima fan, this is what you should read.  http://www.portalarium.com/index.php/ultimate-rpg?id=93

Ackbar

Novice Member

its a tarp!

11/09/12 10:50:21 PM#13
I was interested until I saw login to Origin.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

11/10/12 12:30:33 AM#14
Ultima 4 with a cash shop. No thanks, I can play the original and not have my memories raped.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

11/10/12 10:25:51 AM#15
DOOM!!!! EA $$$ DOOM!!!!

cantjump

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 11:20:59 PM#16
is that the same thing as http://uoforever.com/ ??
  Heretique

Advanced Member

Most of my posts get deleted.

12/31/12 11:25:23 PM#17

This.

EA loves to shit all over everything. Just change Electronic Arts to "Eat Ass" because that's what their games are now.

Originally posted by salsa41
are you have problem ?

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

1/01/13 1:24:09 AM#18

Let's see... Ultima 4 in a browser with a cash shop, made by a team that couldn't make a decent MMO with $100 million+ dollars and one of the most kickass IPs on the planet...

I think they're going to crap on Ultima 4 and I'm neither happy nor excited about it.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

jpnz

Elite Member

1/01/13 3:17:00 AM#19

If memory serves correctly, Ultima 4 was awesome (think 3-7 were all good) so I'll give this one a fair try.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.