Trending Games | ArcheAge | EverQuest | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,298 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,276,228
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Game Suggestions » Make a Total new UO ALL Off IT.

15 posts found
  david_ikke

Novice Member

OP  8/09/08 6:47:36 PM#1

why they quit Update UO.

They most update it like wow. Heavy chars..... I sure old uo players will return.

I have quit uo because its all so very small in there.
UO is still the best game ever. I think wow have Copy IDea's

So UO plz Bring it back up. how ? Compleet renew it. Big chars. High tech levels. etc.. all off it.

bobothewizar

Novice Member

8/09/08 6:49:57 PM#2

I went out to see if i could buy some crack, so i can smoke it and understand what your wrote.

david_ikke

Novice Member

OP  8/11/08 1:35:08 PM#3

ultima-online was the First RPG on the market,

Some other rpg makers sniff Idea's from uo.
Uo was also the Best Great Rpg every.

Most EA <--you hear me EA. most they Update Uo Total Renew.... Big chars..... Big levels.... and not small shit.. Then the most will return...

Reason : There is no not 1 Njiet noppes. game , that have what UO Have.

SO UO weakup and dam Update...Sorry Renew UO Total plz.....

-There is only 1 problem..why they not response?
Or they make some new cd, its a Joke... the new uo cd king of blablala JOkinG.

I still have my account in uo... from 1997... :)

Vote: A Total New UO Version.  new world new chars... higher chars and no pretty smalls one dam.

ajs08

Apprentice Member

1/02/09 10:54:09 AM#4

If English is your primary language, I am sorry for you. Please put time into re-writing this so we may understand just what you said.

hidden1

Novice Member

Good? Bad?... I''m the one with the gun.

1/02/09 10:57:58 AM#5
Originally posted by ajs08

If English is your primary language, I am sorry for you. Please put time into re-writing this so we may understand just what you said.

lol... that's too funny

Wagoner

Novice Member

1/02/09 11:05:10 AM#6

His English isn't very good thats true. What he is saying on the other hand isn't to hard to understand. So, either you are to stupid to be able to make sense of it or you are just a dick. A new UO will prolly never happen though and I think my Avatar explains why. Now if a company decided to make a new game modeled after UO I would be all for it. Darkfall is the closest thing so far but with all the red flags it's hard to beleive Darkfall is anything more than empty promises.

Netzoko

Guide

1/02/09 11:10:49 AM#7

Its sad that the *cough* illegal servers are more successful than real ones.

EA fails at everything.

-------------------------

BarCrow

Advanced Member

1/02/09 11:23:47 AM#8

Wow...lot of intolerance round here....oh...sorry.."around here".  I just assume English is the OP's second language...really doesn't matter because with half a brain you can still understand what he is trying to say. UO was defintiely good in it's day and still somewhat entertaining these days. It is a bit long in the tooth though.  I agree with OP.....a newer game with similiar skill system and variety of actions that UO offered would be refreshing because Kingdom Reborn doesn't cut it.

edit: Wagoner...you beat me to it.

Ashlura

Advanced Member

1/10/09 8:44:34 PM#9

There's no game that I have played since that compares.

I wish they would make a UO2- honestly. Just creat it on Unreal 3 Engine with better graphics and additions to the game. I would honestly scrap the two lands junk and go with more of a old school UO or Darkfall way of doing things too :p

I have been waiting for a game that captures me like uO did and I dont think I will ever find one that does. Maybe DF or Mortal Online- maybe, but all the games I have played have been 'maybe' since UO

Kordesh

Apprentice Member

1/10/09 8:50:56 PM#10
Originally posted by Wagoner

His English isn't very good thats true. What he is saying on the other hand isn't to hard to understand. So, either you are to stupid to be able to make sense of it or you are just a dick. A new UO will prolly never happen though and I think my Avatar explains why. Now if a company decided to make a new game modeled after UO I would be all for it. Darkfall is the closest thing so far but with all the red flags it's hard to beleive Darkfall is anything more than empty promises.

A new UO will never happen because EA wouuld have to swallow it's pride after shutting down development of UO2 way back when after the game was already complete to "keep the community focused on UO". Considering they've already had to swallow their pride with the EA store and finally partner up with Steam which they should have done in the first place, this is likely not going to happen until the next galactic alignment.

Yes, you heard me, there was going to be a UO2, and it was going to be pretty cool from the looks of it too, then it got canned. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGWBSjHVGI

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Skuz

Novice Member

"If you can''t laugh at yourself there''s always someone around to show you how it''s done!"

1/10/09 8:58:22 PM#11

I think I've read the same thread before on just about all the "older" MMO's, it's kind of a pipe-dream of dedicated fans of a game that their particular favourite MMO will one day get a massive fresh lick of paint & money injected into it to revive it & bring it bang-up-to-date.

So it would be interesting to see it done because nobody has to date bothered to try that, but as a wise man once wrote "be careful what you wish for" the massive revamp might leave you with a game you hate even if others loved it, a revamp of such proportions could not possibly please all the current players as there are probably a huge amount that like the current look, or even preferred an older look.

EverQuest upgraded it's graphics engine a few times & there were a vocal minority that truly hated it each time it was just as one example (and there's been a cry for an "original" EQ since Shadows of Luclin was released).

TrueWarrior1

Apprentice Member

I Needzzzz Some Starzzzz

1/10/09 9:02:13 PM#12
Originally posted by Kordesh
Originally posted by Wagoner

A new UO will never happen because EA wouuld have to swallow it's pride after shutting down development of UO2 way back when after the game was already complete to "keep the community focused on UO". Considering they've already had to swallow their pride with the EA store and finally partner up with Steam which they should have done in the first place, this is likely not going to happen until the next galactic alignment.

Yes, you heard me, there was going to be a UO2, and it was going to be pretty cool from the looks of it too, then it got canned. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGWBSjHVGI

So there goin to start creation in December 2012?

Darkfalls so revolutionary it uninstalls itself.

khartman2005

Novice Member

CU/NGE
The day 200,000 Accounts suddenly cried out in horror and were suddenly canceled.

1/10/09 9:07:29 PM#13
Originally posted by Skuz

I think I've read the same thread before on just about all the "older" MMO's, it's kind of a pipe-dream of dedicated fans of a game that their particular favourite MMO will one day get a massive fresh lick of paint & money injected into it to revive it & bring it bang-up-to-date.

So it would be interesting to see it done because nobody has to date bothered to try that, but as a wise man once wrote "be careful what you wish for" the massive revamp might leave you with a game you hate even if others loved it, a revamp of such proportions could not possibly please all the current players as there are probably a huge amount that like the current look, or even preferred an older look.

EverQuest upgraded it's graphics engine a few times & there were a vocal minority that truly hated it each time it was just as one example (and there's been a cry for an "original" EQ since Shadows of Luclin was released).

Sheesh, some of you must be very young not to have heard about Ultima Online: Origins

Here is a link to the wikipedia article on it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online_2

Skuz

Novice Member

"If you can''t laugh at yourself there''s always someone around to show you how it''s done!"

1/10/09 9:14:23 PM#14
Originally posted by khartman2005

Sheesh, some of you must be very young not to have heard about Ultima Online: Origins

Here is a link to the wikipedia article on it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online_2

Well that & Ultima X were developed as sequels rather than as revamps of the original game, much like EverQuest 2, only EA canned them as it wanted to preserve UO's then profits.

My understanding of the Original Post was that he wanted the current UO revamped rather than a sequel.

khartman2005

Novice Member

CU/NGE
The day 200,000 Accounts suddenly cried out in horror and were suddenly canceled.

1/10/09 10:02:17 PM#15
Originally posted by khartman2005

Well that & Ultima X were developed as sequels rather than as revamps of the original game, much like EverQuest 2, only EA canned them as it wanted to preserve UO's then profits.

My understanding of the Original Post was that he wanted the current UO revamped rather than a sequel.

Well they tried that with Kingdom Reborn client and that didn't work out to well.