Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,068 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,962
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/10/01)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  Tiby

Novice Member

OP  4/05/13 5:46:03 PM#1

I don't need DAoC II I just want DAoC back. I know this is a dead horse but why not a new server with the rule set in place as of the addition of SI. No ToA, No Minotaurs, no new frontiers. Literally the rule set in place then with a very clear message that this is the way it would be...no attempts to balance classes, no tweaks, it is what it is. Everyone will start with new characters, no transfers so you don't need to worry about toons that are from other rule sets. In addition, people would be starting even so returning people wouldn't have to cope with getting gear (even though it is much easier now) but even worse with the throngs of high RR toons.

Assuming they have legacy code there is virtually no cost and I believe there are people who would come back. If you look at the interest in the kickstarter for Camelot Unchained people still want RvR  I'm sure EA/Mythic could tap into some of that.

Alaya_AngelSoul

Apprentice Member

We give ourselves names a place to belong. Love each other The rest will come I promise you.

4/05/13 5:57:58 PM#2
I would love to see an old school comeback in any form. If CU launches.....I'll be there. Alaya AngelSoul Domus Caliburn Guinevere
  Vladamyre

Advanced Member

8/21/13 3:28:17 PM#3
Originally posted by Tiby

I don't need DAoC II I just want DAoC back. I know this is a dead horse but why not a new server with the rule set in place as of the addition of SI. No ToA, No Minotaurs, no new frontiers. Literally the rule set in place then with a very clear message that this is the way it would be...no attempts to balance classes, no tweaks, it is what it is. Everyone will start with new characters, no transfers so you don't need to worry about toons that are from other rule sets. In addition, people would be starting even so returning people wouldn't have to cope with getting gear (even though it is much easier now) but even worse with the throngs of high RR toons.

Assuming they have legacy code there is virtually no cost and I believe there are people who would come back. If you look at the interest in the kickstarter for Camelot Unchained people still want RvR  I'm sure EA/Mythic could tap into some of that.

I would love for this to happen. I would come back to DAoC and play for years again if they did this.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

Comaf

Hard Core Member

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

8/25/13 7:21:41 PM#4
Originally posted by Tiby

A while back (2 years?) Mythic promised to release Origins server.  This would have been the old school DAoC before New Frontiers.

Shamefully, not only did they not release it, but they muted any discussion.  Sad state of affairs and this title is as good as forgotten.

IngemarVM

Novice Member

9/02/13 11:22:37 AM#5

This might interested you: http://uthgard.net/

The wife and I might try this out as well. DAoC pre-ToA was the most fun we have had together in an mmo.

Nadia

Elite Member

9/08/13 9:48:45 AM#6

in July 2005, Mythic launched 3 classic servers, Lamorak, Gareth, and Ector

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/mythic-releases-new-classic-servers-for-dark-age-of-camelot

DAOC was the first mmo to launch classic servers but they never did it again

Grunch

Apprentice Member

9/09/13 11:49:25 AM#7
Originally posted by Nadia

in July 2005, Mythic launched 3 classic servers, Lamorak, Gareth, and Ector

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/mythic-releases-new-classic-servers-for-dark-age-of-camelot

DAOC was the first mmo to launch classic servers but they never did it again

If they did I would still be playing.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."