Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,160 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,179
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/10/01)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Dark Age of Camelot Forum » Round Table Pub (General) » What class in Daoc you like most and why?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  BowbowDAoC

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:13:26 AM#21

Kobold Hunter !

yeah i know, it was said to be the gimpiest of all classes on all 3 realms... But i just loved that class, it suited me perfectly.

- Could solo in PvE effectively enough to be fun, and mine was good enough to be accepted in groups.

- Could go out in RvR and scout our frontier, with 2 things ; stealth and my adorable pet :)

- Spear ftw !

- Self reliable as far as fun factor is concerned, but so useful to the alliance to report activities.

- protect low level players in our frontiers while they were out there XPing (ok, protecting is a big word, i could only protect their dead bodies when they were killed by other stealthers)

Best gaming time EVER.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR

Mithrandolir

Advanced Member

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft' might win, by fearing to attempt

3/06/13 9:18:36 AM#22

I played a Kobold Shaman, yeah... I actually played him and did not park him at the gate as a buffbot.

I LOVED the shaman class in DAoC. I loved Midgard. I loved RvR. 

Outis

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:37:14 AM#23

Loved my Minstrel, best toon I have ever played with PvP and PvE game play. He was neither the strongest nor the weakest. This character would always make any fight more interesting.  

Next would be my infi, I had my share of kills but was killed a lot as well. People stated stealth does not need to be in the game but as a stealther I recall casters/reavers PBAE/Pulse dmg everywhere in the Frontier or BGs just to make a stealther pop for an easy kill. People forget that the stealth argue is two sided.

Last it my Scout, damn I love the longbow, different dmg types for arrows, and stealth for counter intel. Only thing I did not like about the scout was it you spec’d full bow and enough stealth for RvR you could not have good melee. Since archer was interrupted if you were in melee range this really made it difficult to play a character the way I wanted it to work. None the less the Scout was GREAT keep defense.

Nadia

Tipster

3/06/13 9:39:02 AM#24
hunter - spear and pet combo was fun
  Outkast22

Novice Member

Bruins 2011 Champs!

3/06/13 9:43:27 AM#25
Skald was probably the most fun I've ever had in any mmo. Loved the abilities and they could pump out some nice dmg.
Gorilla1manclan Xfire Miniprofile
  Tuktz

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:45:26 AM#26

Sorceror.

I've always liked casters, and (especially before CC nerfs) he could crowd control insanely well and nuke pretty well too. I switched him from full mind / some body to full body / some mind, and had a bunch more fun. His nukes hit harder, plus he could debuff 50% cold/heat resists to help fellow casters. still had mage speed. Also he could stil 1850 range aoe mez (just not as long), but he gained a sweet aoe root that saved many a people from assist trains of melee. Man they hated getting aoe rooted LOL.

WHen I wasn't the first one dead, I could wreak some serious havok. =)

Valewalker

Loved the caster / melee hybrid. I finished many a people off that tried to run with that lifetap nuke haha. At least it gave me somethign to do when rooted. =) Plus in pve I could just pull forever! Besides, who wouldn't love a scythe? I was like green grim reaper! LOL

Skald

Loved my troll skald. Who wouldn't love a giant behemoth running at a million miles an hour? LOL loved the group chats, and big two handed weapons. I felt so menacing!

I have no clue what classes will be in TESO, but I hope there's a caster type that uses lightning. For some reason I've wanted to play that for a while. Tired of the standard fire/ice in all mmos.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

shaodrin

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:54:18 AM#27

warri ... loved these situations where a zerg of 100 ppl inced my group we had nearly no chance to escape i kicked my rr5 ran into the zerg and the zerg with 80% of em attacking me needed like 1 min to kill me

oh and taking 3 off tanks out of the battle via snare styles was just awesome

i think most of the hybrid classes in daoc were pretty nice since most of em had a unique skillset wich you didnt found in any other game (well most of the daoc classes beside full tanks/offtanks and some caster like wizz had a very special gameplay/skill set wich you dont find in most games)

steelwind

Hard Core Member

3/06/13 9:56:04 AM#28
Mana Chanter and Bard
  User Deleted
3/06/13 10:03:02 AM#29
Originally posted by wackypogi
What class in Daoc you like most and why?

Animist. Always loved nature classes. My fave in EQ was a druid, and Fury in EQ2. Shame that decent druids / nature magic has been neglected lately.

Kaneth

Elite Member

3/06/13 10:03:43 AM#30

Valewalker - Scythes, Magic, Cloth that could be hardened into chain with spells, positional attacks that had some neat effects to them.

Animist - How unique is a class that uses Mushrooms as a freaking weapon? I remember being in the level 20 battleground and setting up choke points with mushrooms.

Nightshade - Stealth and Magic. I remember playing cloak and dagger (literally) with stealthers from other realms during day hours out in the frontier.

Hero - I played a pierce hero before Lurikeens were able to be heros. I was typically an offtank for my group, so I got to use the positionals quite a bit. It wasn't super effective, but it was still fun.

Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

3/06/13 10:05:57 AM#31
Berserker, Savage, Hero

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

Kryptonite_Hilo

Novice Member

3/06/13 11:17:38 AM#32
My luri champ first and foremost then savage and minstrel.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search