Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Shards | ArcheAge

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,503 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,715
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:My.com
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Skyforge Forum » General Discussion » Discussion if the game is going to be P2W

15 posts found
  Hallwyn

Novice Member

Joined: 6/17/14
Posts: 3

 
OP  6/17/14 5:39:34 AM#1
Because i didn't see the developers mentioning in the Q&A . What are your thoughts?

The game will have P2W market?

Yes
No
(login to vote)
  rojoArcueid

Elite Member

Joined: 8/13/09
Posts: 5786

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

6/17/14 5:51:39 AM#2

EDIT:

nevermind, while looking for the interview to link it here found that the non-p2w interview was for another game. I got confused there, my bad. But still, wait and see. The game doesnt even have a release date.

 

I know the p2w concern is there because Obsidian is working with the Allods team. The Allods team did not make that game p2w, Gpotato did. Gpotato is not the team behind allods.

  DamonVile

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/22/05
Posts: 4909

6/17/14 6:14:01 AM#3

Normally for a first post I'd think this one was pretty stupid but...... the game is by the allods team. Allods was my first real experience with p2w. When I first started playing I had no idea what that even was. I looked at their cash shop and thought wow, this stuff totally isn't fair to sell, you could just buy a win in pvp with some of this stuff.

I gave up on the game soon after, not wanting to be involved in that type of nonsense and there was no way I'd give a company any money that did that. So if they do it again with skyforge, they obviously haven't learned their lesson and I hope the success of the game suffers for it.

As of right now though, it's too early to tell.

  Allacore69

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 878

6/17/14 7:34:11 AM#4


Originally posted by rojo6934
EDIT:

nevermind, while looking for the interview to link it here found that the non-p2w interview was for another game. I got confused there, my bad. But still, wait and see. The game doesnt even have a release date.

 

I know the p2w concern is there because Obsidian is working with the Allods team. The Allods team did not make that game p2w, Gpotato did. Gpotato is not the team behind allods.


THANK YOU THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE.

  Allacore69

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 878

6/17/14 7:36:33 AM#5


Originally posted by DamonVile
Normally for a first post I'd think this one was pretty stupid but...... the game is by the allods team. Allods was my first real experience with p2w. When I first started playing I had no idea what that even was. I looked at their cash shop and thought wow, this stuff totally isn't fair to sell, you could just buy a win in pvp with some of this stuff.

I gave up on the game soon after, not wanting to be involved in that type of nonsense and there was no way I'd give a company any money that did that. So if they do it again with skyforge, they obviously haven't learned their lesson and I hope the success of the game suffers for it.

As of right now though, it's too early to tell.


Who is there to learn their lesson? The people who made it P2W? Gpotato. Oh yeah, Webzen bought them out and now they answer to China.

Obsidian has no lesson to learn because they never tackled an mmorpg before.

So blame Gpotato. Not the publishers of Skyforge, Obsidian.

  Reklaw

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/07/06
Posts: 6168

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

6/17/14 7:47:05 AM#6
Originally posted by rojo6934

EDIT:

nevermind, while looking for the interview to link it here found that the non-p2w interview was for another game. I got confused there, my bad. But still, wait and see. The game doesnt even have a release date.

 

I know the p2w concern is there because Obsidian is working with the Allods team. The Allods team did not make that game p2w, Gpotato did. Gpotato is not the team behind allods.

Did you just creat a new account in OP just to make a P2W topic?

Just curious.....

  Utinni

Novice Member

Joined: 7/13/13
Posts: 358

6/17/14 7:57:31 AM#7
There is no winning in MMO's.
  Allacore69

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 878

6/17/14 2:35:31 PM#8


Originally posted by Reklaw

Originally posted by rojo6934 EDIT: nevermind, while looking for the interview to link it here found that the non-p2w interview was for another game. I got confused there, my bad. But still, wait and see. The game doesnt even have a release date.   I know the p2w concern is there because Obsidian is working with the Allods team. The Allods team did not make that game p2w, Gpotato did. Gpotato is not the team behind allods.
Did you just creat a new account in OP just to make a P2W topic?

Just curious.....


Yes they did but it was supposed to be about another game and now they started sh#@ here for no reason.

  SupaAPE

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/23/13
Posts: 97

6/19/14 7:52:02 PM#9

the game came out of no where...it wasn't on my radar at all..

 

 

it looks like this game has alot of good stuff to offer, which is surprising  to me. it looks like it could rival the AAA mmo's coming,

 

therefore i don't think it will be P2W. 

 

P2W only happens when a game sucks and can't cut it

  Allacore69

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 878

6/22/14 1:15:31 AM#10


Originally posted by SupaAPE
the game came out of no where...it wasn't on my radar at all..

 

 

it looks like this game has alot of good stuff to offer, which is surprising  to me. it looks like it could rival the AAA mmo's coming,

 

therefore i don't think it will be P2W. 

 

P2W only happens when a game sucks and can't cut it


This^^^^^

+1

  Black-Magic

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/27/06
Posts: 90

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

11/04/14 1:21:41 AM#11
Originally posted by SupaAPE

the game came out of no where...it wasn't on my radar at all..

 

 

it looks like this game has alot of good stuff to offer, which is surprising  to me. it looks like it could rival the AAA mmo's coming,

 

therefore i don't think it will be P2W. 

 

P2W only happens when a game sucks and can't cut it

Well said. Personally I dont think this game will be P2W because it just looks way to epic to be P2W. Time will tell I guess..

  zaberfangx

Elite Member

Joined: 3/12/11
Posts: 150

11/15/14 12:44:38 AM#12

With allods back under mail.ru owner of my.com the P2W have not stop, even got worst then befor. Who know Skyforge will be pay to win or not, but with allods team and it's game design for the game they will find a type of way that will make people pay up by a lot.

And people still think Gpotato/webzen a problem? yes there pretty bad, but if people take a look allods on the russian side pretty much the p2w was by Design.

  rojoArcueid

Elite Member

Joined: 8/13/09
Posts: 5786

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

11/15/14 12:50:11 AM#13
Originally posted by Allacore69

 


Originally posted by Reklaw

Originally posted by rojo6934 EDIT: nevermind, while looking for the interview to link it here found that the non-p2w interview was for another game. I got confused there, my bad. But still, wait and see. The game doesnt even have a release date.   I know the p2w concern is there because Obsidian is working with the Allods team. The Allods team did not make that game p2w, Gpotato did. Gpotato is not the team behind allods.
Did you just creat a new account in OP just to make a P2W topic?

 

Just curious.....


 

Yes they did but it was supposed to be about another game and now they started sh#@ here for no reason.

i did not create a new account in OP. I posted my answer wrong and had to edit my post. The OP has nothing to do with me.

  Raquis

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/18/13
Posts: 393

11/15/14 1:14:13 AM#14
yes that's the only way they think that they will make money,the game looks so good I would have bought it then there would not have been pay to win or pay to grind less.
  reeereee

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 762

11/15/14 1:22:42 AM#15
Originally posted by DamonVile

Normally for a first post I'd think this one was pretty stupid but...... the game is by the allods team. Allods was my first real experience with p2w. When I first started playing I had no idea what that even was. I looked at their cash shop and thought wow, this stuff totally isn't fair to sell, you could just buy a win in pvp with some of this stuff.

I gave up on the game soon after, not wanting to be involved in that type of nonsense and there was no way I'd give a company any money that did that. So if they do it again with skyforge, they obviously haven't learned their lesson and I hope the success of the game suffers for it.

As of right now though, it's too early to tell.

I'm inclined to give them a pass because of the time period.  The heavily p2w cash shop was the norm rather than the exception back when Allods launched.

 

Also, I'm surprised this thread isn't flooded with people insisting that all f2p games are really p2w.