Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,095 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,274,971
Visionary Realms | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2017)  | Pub:Visionary Realms
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Forum » General Discussion » For those of you unfamiliar with this project.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Blazenfury

Advanced Member

7/09/14 8:53:49 PM#21
Originally posted by Cendharia
LOL why hello Frenzic, fancy meeting you here. :P  Gotta keep that agenda going..God Forbid,  Pantheon should succeed...THAT would make certain people SOooo unhappy.  :)  Have a great day. :D

I haven't posted in this thread, I'm confused... Do I know you?

Convo

Novice Member

7/09/14 8:55:26 PM#22
Originally posted by Blazenfury
LOL why hello Frenzic, fancy meeting you here. :P  Gotta keep that agenda going..God Forbid,  Pantheon should succeed...THAT would make certain people SOooo unhappy.  :)  Have a great day. :D

The only frenzic  I know is a pretty big jerk...

Blazenfury

Advanced Member

7/09/14 8:56:45 PM#23
Originally posted by Convo
Originally posted by Blazenfury

The only frenzic  I know is a pretty big jerk...

LOL 170 post over here? You tease :)

TucoPRX

Novice Member

7/09/14 9:58:28 PM#24
Blazenbro come back.

BeckAltarr

Apprentice Member

Supporting Community with Players and Devs

7/10/14 1:28:51 AM#25
Originally posted by Generol
Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

Leaving only $43000 to pay lawyer fees for documents and incorporation and other things

There is absolutely no way in hell that he is paying $43,000.00 (approx) for documents and incorporation via legal fee. My former firm was one of the most sought after and high priced in the state of CA. To put it into perspective, a general hourly wage, depending on the reputation and associated firm runs around $200 - $1,000 (extremely rare) per hour and those wages (in regards to contracts) usually coincide with large contractual agreements such as merging or large purchases. In this case, for the creation of an NDA and contracted worker contract? At most (even from a high priced attorney - which I doubt he had) would have ran about $1,000.00 for the general contract. From there, once a template is created, he doesn't have to pay a dime and simply needs to circulate it when the need arises.

To copyright the intellectual property, I will let you see for yourselves and judge for yourself on the fees. For example, the last copyright issue I dealt with was last summer and it cost $945.00 to be initiated for review and that even added the most secure safeguards for the material. Anyhow, check yourself and do your own calculations if you wish:

http://www.copyright.gov/

also be sure to check

http://www.uspto.gov/

All that said, there is absolutely no way, no chance, zero, zil, zip, nada that $43,000.00 was paid into attorney fees if the claim is that it was done for contract creation, incorporation and such. Not even close. However, don't take my word on it, I suggest you do your own research as it is easily available to find (message me if any of you get stuck and are of the "internet lawyer" type who like investigating things).

Alders, I have only seen four original and/or former FoH members thus far on the forum but I'm sure there are others around so I believe it is more so a gaming forum that takes a more upfront approach about things which I can respect. Sure there are trolls, people who think they are important when they aren't and dingbats but every site has them. It's a good forum for information and there are good people there. There really is no reason to look down on that site as far as I am concerned and I am an original FoH member. They just handle things much more ferociously and bluntly. 

Actually that Post by Arch was by me on a different forum. Be nice if credit was given. I was also never a mod on the Pantheon Boards. I did sign an NDA but I am in Canada so there is nothing Brad can do to me even if he wanted to. I have no plans to visit California. 

If you read my break down I start with that $43k number and agree it is too much and bust it down to $10k which is still a lot. 

One bit of information that has been mentioned is Brad paid/gave his Financial adviser friend $20k. In the end the math still works out, though leaving less money to pay the team over all. I know one of the team went $20K+ in debt working for Brad and every time he brought up being over his head Brad told him he would take care of him and to trust him. 

I have also confirmed that Ben did get paid something but it was not enough to keep him in his apartment. He had to move to another city and found a better job there as a result.

K-TAM Radio

Generol

Novice Member

7/10/14 1:43:35 AM#26
Originally posted by BeckAltarr
Originally posted by Generol
Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

Leaving only $43000 to pay lawyer fees for documents and incorporation and other things

There is absolutely no way in hell that he is paying $43,000.00 (approx) for documents and incorporation via legal fee. My former firm was one of the most sought after and high priced in the state of CA. To put it into perspective, a general hourly wage, depending on the reputation and associated firm runs around $200 - $1,000 (extremely rare) per hour and those wages (in regards to contracts) usually coincide with large contractual agreements such as merging or large purchases. In this case, for the creation of an NDA and contracted worker contract? At most (even from a high priced attorney - which I doubt he had) would have ran about $1,000.00 for the general contract. From there, once a template is created, he doesn't have to pay a dime and simply needs to circulate it when the need arises.

To copyright the intellectual property, I will let you see for yourselves and judge for yourself on the fees. For example, the last copyright issue I dealt with was last summer and it cost $945.00 to be initiated for review and that even added the most secure safeguards for the material. Anyhow, check yourself and do your own calculations if you wish:

http://www.copyright.gov/

also be sure to check

http://www.uspto.gov/

All that said, there is absolutely no way, no chance, zero, zil, zip, nada that $43,000.00 was paid into attorney fees if the claim is that it was done for contract creation, incorporation and such. Not even close. However, don't take my word on it, I suggest you do your own research as it is easily available to find (message me if any of you get stuck and are of the "internet lawyer" type who like investigating things).

Alders, I have only seen four original and/or former FoH members thus far on the forum but I'm sure there are others around so I believe it is more so a gaming forum that takes a more upfront approach about things which I can respect. Sure there are trolls, people who think they are important when they aren't and dingbats but every site has them. It's a good forum for information and there are good people there. There really is no reason to look down on that site as far as I am concerned and I am an original FoH member. They just handle things much more ferociously and bluntly. 

Actually that Post by Arch was by me on a different forum. Be nice if credit was given. I was also never a mod on the Pantheon Boards. I did sign an NDA but I am in Canada so there is nothing Brad can do to me even if he wanted to. I have no plans to visit California. 

If you read my break down I start with that $43k number and agree it is too much and bust it down to $10k which is still a lot. 

One bit of information that has been mentioned is Brad paid/gave his Financial adviser friend $20k. In the end the math still works out, though leaving less money to pay the team over all. I know one of the team went $20K+ in debt working for Brad and every time he brought up being over his head Brad told him he would take care of him and to trust him. 

I have also confirmed that Ben did get paid something but it was not enough to keep him in his apartment. He had to move to another city and found a better job there as a result.

I wonder (seriously) what he gave that friend 20k for as that's an awful lot for financial advice. 

LachiusTZ

Novice Member

OP  7/14/14 10:43:38 AM#27

Apparently most of the people on this forum are lacking perspective.

Rerolled has a ton of great forums / threads, and there are some jackasses, but there are also a TON of very helpful people that are knowledgeable about a vast array of topics.

That being said, the Pantheon threads attracted 2 of the most polarized groups:

1.  Ultra jaded MMO gamers looking for the first sandbox style game (save for EVE) released in a decade +

2.  People very familiar with Brad and his past.

You get a spectrum of those 2 groups in those threads, but, those threads are a fairly accurate depiction of the timeline since Pantheon was announced, **AND** are virtually non-moderated.  Which means you get an unfiltered report of what is going on, and some honest discussion / venting regarding it.  Unlike the actual Pantheon forums, which there are several people in those threads that have paid to have access to simply for providing the details of what is going on "in the inside".

Either way, if you have a higher functioning brain, are able to read and filter, those threads are great references.

If you are the type that watches commercials for 4hrs a day, and they effect your life in a meaningful way . . . then, well . . . ignore all of this and write Brad a check equal to or greater than your life savings.

sn072856

Advanced Member

I came, I saw, then I drank all their liquor. - me.

9/23/14 5:29:43 PM#28
how sad... nothing here says anything about the actual game...

I have a life, its just different from yours.....

2 Pages « 1 2 Search