Trending Games | Landmark | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,201 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,983
Visionary Realms | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2017)  | Pub:Visionary Realms
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Forum » General Discussion » New crowdfunding campaign for this "game" (by which I mean scam)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  saxifr

Apprentice Member

OP  5/28/14 1:50:03 PM#21
Originally posted by Nadia
Originally posted by saxifr

lol quote from the pantheon website:

"While crowdfunding went very well initially, that money is now drying up and we need to find investors."

I bet I know where they could find 45,000!

more text

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

We are still accepting crowdfunding. The only change is that we are no longer offering tangible items like t-shirts. But all of the other awards remain valid. Any money you could send this way will be used to maintain the web site, purchase software and assets we need, and to occasionally send some money to the volunteers as a thank you.

better than the prior text they posted at least

--------------------------------------------------------------

ANY MONEY PLEDGED WILL NOT BEING GOING TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT AT THIS TIME; INSTEAD IT WILL GO TOWARDS KEEPING THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING AND TO OTHER MAINTENANCE COSTS. WE WILL ADVISE YOU WHEN AND IF THIS CHANGES.

One has to wonder if McQuaid is still drawing his 15,000 a month salary...does that get paid before anything else does?

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Siris23

Advanced Member

5/28/14 1:54:44 PM#22

Your pole is missing an option:

• enough to actually make a viable product (but they'll waste it all and need more)
  User Deleted
5/28/14 2:00:07 PM#23
Originally posted by redbug1
So many people have a boner for brad, its kind of like religion. It can be an obvious scam that even a child will question, but since people who are stupid do not like to be wrong, even a child may get bitten for doubting this will happen.

I'm all for spreading this "religion" for no other reason than not doing so just gives him more chances to scam people who don't normally keep up with MMO news enough to realize what he's about.  For the average person, all they will see is the typical "From the creative force behind Everquest" or " From legendary game designer Brad McQuaid."  They may read that and get the false impression that their investing in something by a professional, without realizing his history.

Adamantine

Hard Core Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

6/02/14 10:42:07 AM#24
Originally posted by asmkm22

I'm all for spreading this "religion" for no other reason than [...].

Man, how did I *not* miss this kind of level of discussion. This is silkyvenom / Vanguard at launch level, all over again.

I'll just sit back and wait. Maybe he'll come up with a good game. Maybe he wont. Either way, I'll not do anything else than for every other game out there - I'll check the reviews once its out.

User Deleted
6/02/14 10:49:26 AM#25
Ah Pantheon... the Star Citizen people didn't buy into so massively.
  AmbrosiaAmor

Apprentice Member

6/03/14 6:30:07 AM#26
Originally posted by Nadia

"While crowdfunding went very well initially, that money is now drying up and we need to find investors."

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

We are still accepting crowdfunding. The only change is that we are no longer offering tangible items like t-shirts. But all of the other awards remain valid. Any money you could send this way will be used to maintain the web site, purchase software and assets we need, and to occasionally send some money to the volunteers as a thank you.

better than the prior text they posted at least

--------------------------------------------------------------

ANY MONEY PLEDGED WILL NOT BEING GOING TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT AT THIS TIME; INSTEAD IT WILL GO TOWARDS KEEPING THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING AND TO OTHER MAINTENANCE COSTS. WE WILL ADVISE YOU WHEN AND IF THIS CHANGES.

Amazing... he should define what "occasionally" means to him. Once a week? Once a month? Once a year?

Blazenfury

Novice Member

6/08/14 1:40:32 AM#27
Please don't let this project scam any more people. It doesn't take much to look around and see what happened and continues to happen. The entire website is on extreme mod lockdown. The head of the project took half of the 151,000 the project raised. If that's not a scam I don't know what is.
  Azrile

Advanced Member

6/16/14 4:23:10 PM#28
Originally posted by redbug1
So many people have a boner for brad, its kind of like religion. It can be an obvious scam that even a child will question, but since people who are stupid do not like to be wrong, even a child may get bitten for doubting this will happen.

It's actually kind of fascinating to observe, though, isn't it?

There are a lot of situations similar in life.  People get so emotionally connected to a dream that they can´t see it for what it really is.

We are having the same debate with Trial of Ascension, which is also a scam project that will never be made but has raised over $50k  because they are able to successful manipulate their donors into ´if we have just a little more we can also add this to the game´.    But they haven´t added anything to the game to date.   They downloaded a free program and did some quick landscaping...  But every few weeks, they come up with another big feature they will add to the game ( playable dragons!!!)  and in the meantime, their game has no user interface, no combat system, no inventory system, no character creation system... nothing...

But yet, their backers are like fanatics regarding defending the game and the more you point out the game is a fake, the more likely they are to donate money to the game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search