Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest Next | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,916 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,313,123
Visionary Realms | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2017)  | Pub:Visionary Realms
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Knotwood

Novice Member

4/29/14 2:48:36 AM#21
Doesn't Brad have anyone in the media to back him up with some advertisments or connections that could get the funding?   Just shocking that the creator of EQ would not have enough support for anything.
  Zarriya

Advanced Member

4/29/14 10:25:35 AM#22

It is a process. He is currently recording a demo to present to investors. Yesterday he wrote "4. Received a number of good leads for potential investors -- reaching out to them to get them what they need."  

source: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/837/quick-sit-rep

Nirrtix

Novice Member

5/01/14 10:04:36 PM#23
Originally posted by Zarriya

It is a process. He is currently recording a demo to present to investors. Yesterday he wrote "4. Received a number of good leads for potential investors -- reaching out to them to get them what they need."  

Brad made a Rough Draft Prototype. He is reaching out for investors. I do not know oh his leads status, but I do believe fora prototype as an investor myself I believe it looked better than the Shroud of the Avatar BETA.

Nirrtix
ALPHAs:
-Pantheon
-Shroud of the Avatar
-Camelot Unchained
BETAs:
-World of Warcraft
-City of Heroes
-Star Wars Galaxies
-Saga of Ryzom
-Homeworld
-Starcraft II
-Warcraft III
-Hearthstone
-Star Wars The Old Republic
-Vanguard Saga of Heroes

jons000

Apprentice Member

5/03/14 10:22:48 AM#24
Originally posted by Nirrtix
Originally posted by Zarriya

Brad made a Rough Draft Prototype. He is reaching out for investors. I do not know oh his leads status, but I do believe fora prototype as an investor myself I believe it looked better than the Shroud of the Avatar BETA.

I wouldn't say Brad made the prototype.  It's more of a case of a team made the prototype, kind of like how Brad didn't make EverQuest, a team made EverQuest.  Can people stop attributing the work of multiple people to this one guy?  All Brad did single handedly was steal money from the crowd funding under the guise of a "pay advance" to the tune of $50000.  I don't see how any of the community is O.K. with that...  Personal problems or not, you don't take a third of the funds for your startup and then shutter the project.  His team has fallen apart and people like you, Nirrtix, still think Brad is the bestest and will deliver you to nostalgia heaven! He won't, but he will gladly keep taking your money.. To keep up the $200 a year site of course.  What a crock.  

tawess

Elite Member

5/03/14 11:24:13 AM#25

Scam this or that....

I don´t think for a second that Brad or anyone else at the team are out to per see scam anyone. But as they say the road the the nether is paved with good intentions. They might not have the skills/organization to pull the project off and for the end user it will not really matter if their intent was good or nefarious.

But i honestly do not think they are out to scam people.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

tyrancy

Apprentice Member

Nothing to see here move along.

5/03/14 12:52:25 PM#26
Originally posted by tawess

Scam this or that....

I don´t think for a second that Brad or anyone else at the team are out to per see scam anyone. But as they say the road the the nether is paved with good intentions. They might not have the skills/organization to pull the project off and for the end user it will not really matter if their intent was good or nefarious.

But i honestly do not think they are out to scam people.

It's been pretty well stated there is no one else there. It is All Brad. The team walked, they were never employees to begin with. Brad is the Only person under VRI, clearly stated as well. VRI got money, as a corp, to make a game. Brad took 45K from that corp for personal use that was not part of making the game. Sounds nefarious to me.

Keep moving.

sludgebeard

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/03/14 9:36:55 PM#27
I have asked the mods here to remove this thread, I have two friends who have rejoined the development forums after intrest in other Modern MMO's put them back in the same spot hoping for a good MMO with grouping, emergrent content and otherwise.
  Kilsin

Apprentice Member

5/04/14 3:50:57 AM#28

2 Pages « 1 2 Search