Trending Games | TERA | Blade & Soul | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,983,635 Users Online:0
Games:827  Posts:6,432,298
Forged Chaos LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Forged Chaos LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Trials of Ascension Forum » General Discussion » Check out the ToA Store!

6 posts found
  Choch

Apprentice Member

OP  1/07/14 10:01:07 AM#1

Just wanted to inform you about some newly released info about ToA.

Now that the holidays are over, ToA is beginning what they call a 'Light the Forge' campaign which is a small fundraiser to help the Dev's create a more presentable kickstarter campaign once they begin kickstarter: round 2. They also provided other details as to what the money will go towards and what to expect down the road.

Here is the announcement: http://trialsofascension.com/news/introducing-toas-store#.UswkYftUm3o

and

Here is the store: http://trialsofascension.com/store

Get in now before the campaign ends! (Just $5 gets you into the private forums too)

Choch

Apprentice Member

OP  1/21/14 12:07:38 PM#2

They've raised over $13,000 so far and it is climbing!

Sawlstone

Novice Member

1/24/14 5:01:43 AM#3
No offence, some of those items are outrageously priced for what you get. I mean buying an in game item for $30 that can be looted/stolen/damaged does not sound worth it to me. Good luck to them though as the game does have some interesting aspects.
  Choch

Apprentice Member

OP  1/24/14 10:49:37 AM#4

And nobody is forcing you to buy those items. There are also many items that CANNOT be looted too or you can purchase a 'lost design' and just make your own if it does get looted. Or if you prefer, you can purchase early access, plot of land, the list goes on.

PeskeyPixie

Novice Member

2/27/14 11:40:30 AM#5
I think these developers at Forged Chaos have the tenacity of a bulldog.  When indie developers fail with their Kickstarter they generally just fold up shop and call it a failed project. Not these guys, they regroup, examine what went wrong and then develop a new plan and try again.  In this case they decided to open up a store on their web site to generate the necessary funds to create a demo so that they can create new in-game footage to show they haven't just been sitting around moping about their KS failure. It wouldn't surprise in the least if we didn't see a come back from these guys in the next 6 to 9 months.
  Mordeth123

Novice Member

5/04/14 5:57:32 PM#6
Originally posted by Sawlstone
No offence, some of those items are outrageously priced for what you get. I mean buying an in game item for $30 that can be looted/stolen/damaged does not sound worth it to me. Good luck to them though as the game does have some interesting aspects.

I'm a bit torn about this really. I too find most things there overpriced, especially considering it seems like a gamble. At the same time, if many think like me there might not be a game. Meh, I'll sit on the fence for a while longer, the game definitely has me intrigued though.