Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,846,069 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,156
Forged Chaos LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Forged Chaos LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Trials of Ascension Forum » General Discussion » Kickstarter Update #13 - Dungeons in ToA

4 posts found
  Choch

Apprentice Member

OP  11/07/13 12:02:35 PM#1

This update is a quick look at how dungeons will be in ToA. I think this video is a great representation of how scary dungeons will be because you can get very lost, there are lots of scary things in the dungeon, you need a lot of torches for light and need to stick with your comrades to survive.

I think what is most shocking to me is how weak dungeon crawling is like in regular mmo's today. Almost no sense of danger (unless it's a group instance dungeon), and you don't ever have to worry about getting lost. You never have to think about what kind of gear you have with you, and if you happen to get stuck or you don't know how to get somewhere, you just warp back to town.  Hope you guys and gals enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forgedchaos/trials-of-ascension-a-truly-innovative-mmorpg/posts

ropenice

Hard Core Member

11/07/13 12:12:13 PM#2
Didn't show much but I did like the fact you need light (missed that since EQ) and the tight claustrophobic tunnels. A mob jumping out of a side tunnel would be pretty startling. If they plan on bringing back some risk/challenge to gaming, I might give this a try.
  liva98989

Apprentice Member

11/07/13 12:39:58 PM#3
I think it looks pretty good thinking that it's in pre-alpha, and I know for once that I won't have the nerve to go into dungeons. o.o!

Choch

Apprentice Member

OP  11/07/13 12:40:26 PM#4
Originally posted by ropenice
Didn't show much but I did like the fact you need light (missed that since EQ) and the tight claustrophobic tunnels. A mob jumping out of a side tunnel would be pretty startling. If they plan on bringing back some risk/challenge to gaming, I might give this a try.

It definitely wasn't much since this is pre-alpha content but I still think the video gives you a good idea of the dangers of dungeon crawling in this game.