Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,460 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,337
Forged Chaos LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Forged Chaos LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Trials of Ascension Forum » General Discussion » A few facts about this game (as far as i know.)

2 posts found
  Drealgrin

Novice Member

OP  6/25/06 4:06:54 PM#1

The number of races has been cut down, And the ones that remain have assimilated some of the cut races abilities. For example the previous Viper class was cut [I like snakes :( ] and their spit attack was given to the goblin.

Well, anything i say from hereine is what I believe to be true.

But really what sets this game far and beyond any other MMO is that player races aren't strictly limited to humanoids. The most powerful race and also the hardest to play will be the Dragon, which will start out as fair game for a small cat (Devs have stated that baby dragons will barely give a rabbit a run for it's money) and after a long time (supposed months) the dragon will become and adult, and only then will it be able to do any sort of damage. But it is also possible if you survive long enough as an adult dragon to become an elder dragon, and after many many MANY months perhaps years you might make it to Ancient Dragon. Ancient dragons are extremely powerful and are capable of destroying entire settlements. (As far as i know)

Dragons aren't the only non-humanoids who grace Ter'Varus. The gryphon will be a Player race which is as far as i can tell the only race who will be able to fly at creation, but the drawback for a gryphon is they cannot speak or learn other races' languages. They may be able to understand another language but they cannot speak in any but their own and no other race (as far as i know) can learn to understand the Gryphon language.

You can also become a very powerful mage, Powerful mages are supposedly just as hard to work for as Dragons. Spells if cast improperly can backfire and destroy the caster. But as a fledgeling mage has many dangers ahead of him/her, he/she has many opportunities as magery can delve into many many different abilities such as a long term invisibility or morphing into various things.

Their are also many influential religions in Ter'Varus. and each religion has a Heirophant. A heirophant is the being closest to their chosen god and thus take on similar powers of that god. Their are various gods in tervarus such as Meeka who favors Animals, Occul who favors the persuit of Knowledge, Dalgar who favors battle in all it's forms and many more. Their can only be one Heirophant and it's been said that the Heirophant can slightly change a religion's view on certain things. A Heirophant is very powerful and alot of responsibilities come with it. There are also quite a few drawbacks as IF a Heirophant commits a sin against his chosen god then that god will punish a heirophant quite moreso then a priest or just a sympathetic follower. Possibly this might include death.

Just a few of the more interesting facts about this game that drew me to becoming a longtime follower in it's forums.

heroxxx

Novice Member

1/09/07 11:05:19 PM#2
sounds good and as far as i know this game should be good :)

don't be stupid its too populer.