Trending Games | Dragon Age: Inquisition | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,584 Users Online:0
Games:685  Posts:6,081,943
Forged Chaos LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Forged Chaos LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  sly220

Novice Member

OP  7/25/06 7:31:33 AM#1

So this sounds like it would be a fun option to have in a game but hmmm lets think for one second...... okay im gonna put HRs and HRs into a game and a Main Character to get to the end game  then its woot woot woot im at the end game im at the end game and BLAM a dragon takes my head off and my Chr is dead like for good  and all that is left is the cold ground that i lay upon    and what do i get to do Now i get to start over from lvl1  

Oh but i have to say that the rest of the game looks and seems to be on the up and up and i looking foward to kiling off my main for a head stone in my garden Mwuahhaha

Zvulakr

Novice Member

Every change isn''t an improvement, but every improvement is a change.

7/25/06 7:35:07 AM#2
I think they're going to let you have a set number of lives or something and you can quest for more but im not sure i havent looked at the game in a long time but it looked fun last i checked
  paade

Novice Member

"Game is sold. I made my money. Later losers"
Colton Burgress, CEO of Loud Ant Software.

7/25/06 7:36:13 AM#3
i didnt understood even half of what you just wrote but maybe you should read again what kind of perma-death they have. Theres actually deathcount there...
  avienthas

Novice Member

7/30/06 12:24:47 PM#4
And yes, when the dragon takes your head off for the n-th time, your "main" (and "only", since it´s a 1-char-per-server) will die forever and you will be left with 2 options:

1) start a new one
2) quit the game

Whereas now you basically have one sole option for "endgame" in mmorpgs..and that is, get bored, go to the MMORPG.com forums and bitch awhile about the boring POS game before you quit it, then bitch some more.

But seriously, permadeath is no commercial decision. Most people will hate it and are even supposed to. Most people will not play a game with perma-death, but the people who do, will mean business. In the groups I used to play pen&paper with,  we always had a permadeath option for the GM. Characters who behaved foolishly and repeatedly so, stood a good chance of getting killed. So your lvl 19 wizard you spent months building could be dead by the next dragon you handled without proper care.

Sometimes it really hurt, but all in all it made the game better by making sure the hack´n´slash type of player fled screaming from our groups, which was good for both sides involved. So, although I doubt they will pull it through, if they do, I´ll play it.

piratej

Novice Member

10/12/06 3:11:23 AM#5
i agree, perma death will be very interesting and add more realism to the game. It adds more value to your chars life so you dont just pointlessly go charging in and fight a dragon, you wanna be sure you can win first.
  Jorev

Novice Member

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

10/12/06 8:20:41 AM#6
Permadeath is the ultimate challenge. Carebears need not apply.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
Brad McQuaid
Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
www.vanguardsoh