Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,796,744 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,551
Funcom | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/27/01)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.95 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Anarchy Online Forum » Game Suggestions » An Open Letter to the AO Developers...

4 posts found
  Fadedbomb

Spotlight Poster

OP  4/04/12 8:57:27 PM#1

Hey Anarchy Online Devs!!

I'm writing this open letter to you simply because I cannot do so on your forums. This is because I am a froob (returning players from 4+yrs ago?). I recently got re-interested in AO again after seeing the large push of media about the GFX upgrade. I felt this would be a great time to get back into the "groove" so to speak before the GFX upgrade hit (i'm guessing end of 2012, early 2013?).

With that having been said, you have a problem. Froobs are fleeing from your product faster than I had originally thought. I had a "Froob" heavy org on Rimor for the past couple weeks but recently they've stopped logging in alltogether, or have logged in to say they're quitting. The PRIMARY reason was stated that the Froob -> Alien Invasion package is TOO much, and that the reason they're quitting is because they want to become paid subscribers, but not get "ripped off" for the $20 upgrade & $15 per month for the AI package.

You used to have a "Tiered" package system that you stealthfully ripped out without announcing to people, and that has caused a MAJOR rift within the Froob realm. We WANT the $5 SL package back! Most of us know lvl 220s who still haven't finished the expansion BEFORE Alien Invasion, and most don't use their expansions enough past RK as it stands & have even gone FROM Paid -> Froob.

This letter is to inform you directly that your decision to remove the tiered packages was a mistake. Please bring them back! You won't hear much about this on the AO forums because MOST Paid subscribers don't care! However, the Froobs are the ones you're trying to get money from, and you won't hear from us because we cannot post on your forum to ask!!!!!

Sincerely,

-Froobs United

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

User Deleted
5/26/12 12:28:01 AM#2

"dear developers, i wont be supporting you financially but i demand you devote more of your unpaid work towards me and others like me, please dont forget about the people who wont be paying!"

Never a thank you for the ability to play for free.

rdrpappy

Novice Member

5/26/12 12:39:36 AM#3

I'm sure Funcom or as you put it "the developers of AO" will jump through the welfare hoop to help all you Freebs.

User Deleted
5/28/12 11:05:51 AM#4

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=2405&table=CONTENT

They were paying customers 5$/month.

It was just funcoms trick to force them to upgrade,most likely they cant even touch their characters anymore if they dont upgrade and pay 15$ month.