Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,652 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,012
Funcom | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/27/01)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.95 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Anarchy Online Forum » Rubi-Ka Lounge (General) » Engine upgrade- 2012?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Ekaros

Novice Member

2/06/12 4:51:26 PM#21

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=3

There is some new screenshots out there... Still it's very slow upgrade not much personel and not high-priority...

Ekaros Xfire Miniprofile
  someforumguy

Advanced Member

2/06/12 4:55:48 PM#22

GW2 is being developed in the time that AO is creating this graphics engine upgrade lol (sad lol) Meanwhile lot of other former P2P games go hybrid and now offer F2P accounts. I dont have any hope anymore that I will play AO with that graphics engine upgrade.

User Deleted
3/03/12 11:15:29 PM#23
Originally posted by someforumguy

GW2 is being developed in the time that AO is creating this graphics engine upgrade lol (sad lol) Meanwhile lot of other former P2P games go hybrid and now offer F2P accounts. I dont have any hope anymore that I will play AO with that graphics engine upgrade.

You do realize that funcom dedicated like 13 people in a office in canada to undertake the entire reskinning of the 10k+ items and the entire world as well as developing new content....right?

Believe me, i wish they had opted for the entire company to work towards AO2 rather than a small team to undertake the whole project.  This isnt going to be a new game when it does come out with a new engin. 

It will look better, will have the same 2001 mechanics and combat.  Also, its going to be a massive cash shop sellout game, as i think it already is if i can remeber.

Really though...i think the team developing the new engie port is directly related to the kind of money this game is currently pulling in, which should indicate what about 15 people make.

Edit*

great..thanks..made me reply to a post a month old...now langly is going to ban me and send the internet police after me.

User Deleted
3/15/12 1:26:33 AM#24

I get a kick out of the "new" engine. 

It would have been "new"

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=498971

then.

It will still be old now.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search