Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,209 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,555
Turbine Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Turbine Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:MOut of date info? Let us know!

Asheron's Call 2 Forum » General Discussion » subb is to expensive in eu

10 posts found
  lovebug

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/23/04
Posts: 249

 
OP  1/26/13 2:13:08 AM#1

it is costing me £9.50 a mouth to play not paying that much with the added tax.

so going to canncel subb was a blast playing though :))

but at almost £10 a mouth its the most expensive mmo to play in the uk :((

  Phry

Elite Member

Joined: 7/01/04
Posts: 5283

1/26/13 2:22:54 AM#2
Originally posted by lovebug

it is costing me £9.50 a mouth to play not paying that much with the added tax.

so going to canncel subb was a blast playing though :))

but at almost £10 a mouth its the most expensive mmo to play in the uk :((

as WoW and SW;TOR subs cost £9 and Eve costs £10 a month, kind of wonder just how much you think is right? or are you saying they should charge less than the going rate for some reason ?

  lovebug

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/23/04
Posts: 249

 
OP  1/26/13 2:32:15 AM#3
so you think £9.50 is right for a year dot game ??
  SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

Joined: 6/23/09
Posts: 2728

2/01/13 4:49:00 PM#4
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by lovebug

it is costing me £9.50 a mouth to play not paying that much with the added tax.

so going to canncel subb was a blast playing though :))

but at almost £10 a mouth its the most expensive mmo to play in the uk :((

as WoW and SW;TOR subs cost £9 and Eve costs £10 a month, kind of wonder just how much you think is right? or are you saying they should charge less than the going rate for some reason ?

Yeah it seems on par with what I've heard as the pound cost on most MMOs and with this one you get 2 games for the price of one.

  GroovyFlower

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/12/11
Posts: 1252

Skyrim

2/14/13 1:57:36 AM#5

Im glad its subbed around 13 euro if not it would flooded with new generation of mmo players game will be doomed in its current status as old school mmo.

 

I specially subbed for ac1 so i could play AC2 as i remember it:)
  Karahandras

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/08
Posts: 1667

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

2/14/13 4:32:14 PM#6

As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.

Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.

  Classicstar

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/04
Posts: 2529

2/15/13 12:34:37 PM#7


Originally posted by Karahandras
As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.

Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.


Dev's have said F2P model is not in there plans yet.

MB:MSI Z97XPOWER AC
CPU:Intell Icore7 4790k
GPU:MSI 2x AMD 290X
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i
OS:Windows 8.1 64bit

  Benedikt

Tipster

Joined: 12/12/04
Posts: 1337

We live for The One, we die for The One.

2/15/13 1:11:12 PM#8
Originally posted by lovebug
so you think £9.50 is right for a year dot game ??

since i do have a lot more fun in ac2 then in wow or eve (or most of the other games), yes, i do

  SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

Joined: 6/23/09
Posts: 2728

2/15/13 1:15:16 PM#9
Originally posted by Karahandras

As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.

Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.

The standard dollar rate for subscription MMOs tends to be $15. This is $13 for 2 games at once. So if you wnat to look at it at "50% of the premium" you can see it as  $6.50 per game you get. So there you go, exactly what you wanted.

 

As I said in another thread people tend to forget that regardless of a game's age it does take money to keep it running. So saying "just make it cheaper" isn't really how it tends to work.

  SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

Joined: 6/23/09
Posts: 2728

2/15/13 1:18:06 PM#10
Originally posted by Classicstar

Dev's have said F2P model is not in there plans yet.

I didn't read it as a "yet".

 

They basically said it isn't going to change to F2P and it will remain part of the AC1 subscription so you will continue to get both games for the one sub.

 

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=59067

 

"~ The game will continue to be offered to all players with an Asheron's Call subscription. The game won't be split into its own subscription fee.

~ We don't have current plans to bring the game free to play with a store."

 

The phrase "We don't have current plans to..." is the same they've used with AC everytime someone has asked over the last several years so it is more of a "We have zero plans to do this".