Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Archlord 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,076 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,356
Turbine Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Turbine Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:MOut of date info? Let us know!

Asheron's Call 2 Forum » General Discussion » Thinking of buying this game? Read here

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Classicstar

Advanced Member

1/06/13 12:20:27 PM#21

Games is great but i have also say a little thing about it.

The mentality and the rush rush also enter the game with a vengance its not what it use to be 8 years ago.

People are so fixated with xp they only grind grind grind AC2 is perfect for this but 8-9years it was alot more different then these days it seems like work to many even oldtime players:(

I rememeber always getting felllows for quests no real hustle about what class you where most time you could join.

Also many seems to have problem with 9/9 fellows reason no time rush rush.

Many times you wait for fellow hours on end.

High lvls dont realy help anymore they all grinding and grinding if there lifes depend on it.

So many dual-triple-quatroboxing i see players with 3-4 on follow lol.

So if you have np with this and wanne buy ac1 for 9.99 and sub of 13$ s month go for it game it self is great.

All who argue about old UI(nothing wrong with it its old skool) or graphics is rediculous game looks good enough (most old ac2 players are playing now and dont give damn about graphics)

Game still the same but community is not even close from what it was 8 years ago.

MB:MSI Z97XPOWER AC
CPU:Intell Icore7 4790k
GPU:MSI 2x AMD 290X
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Raserei

Novice Member

OP  1/07/13 3:56:37 PM#22
Level 46 and still enjoying the game. I'm mixing up exploring, crafting, grouping, grinding, and questing together. I'm still learning about new things at level 46. So many "mini-mechanics" , it's great!
  Seilan

Advanced Member

"Blue, blue."

1/07/13 4:38:22 PM#23
Originally posted by Raserei
Level 46 and still enjoying the game. I'm mixing up exploring, crafting, grouping, grinding, and questing together. I'm still learning about new things at level 46. So many "mini-mechanics" , it's great!

I've been messing around with different classes to find one that fits. I was initially doing a melee/sage hybrid, but was disappointed to hear about how gimp they apparently are later on, due to not having an adept skill. I didn't realize how important it was at first. I really hope Turbine eventually adds an adept skill for the base trees themselves, or something to that extent. There's quite a bit of room for some potentially interesting hybrid builds, but until they address the accuracy issues with them, it doesn't seem like they would be able to compete against specialized classes with adept trained, at least in the upper level content.

For now, I think I'll probably go with a Defender as my main. I'll likely be soloing a lot and I figured they were a good choice for it.

Kaneth

Elite Member

1/09/13 1:37:43 AM#24
Originally posted by Seillan

I've been messing around with different classes to find one that fits. I was initially doing a melee/sage hybrid, but was disappointed to hear about how gimp they apparently are later on, due to not having an adept skill. I didn't realize how important it was at first. I really hope Turbine eventually adds an adept skill for the base trees themselves, or something to that extent. There's quite a bit of room for some potentially interesting hybrid builds, but until they address the accuracy issues with them, it doesn't seem like they would be able to compete against specialized classes with adept trained, at least in the upper level content.

For now, I think I'll probably go with a Defender as my main. I'll likely be soloing a lot and I figured they were a good choice for it.

Honestly, Adept is only important for certain classes, such as classes that really need to hit with their abilities each time (such as a Sorcerer). Adept only affects your chance to hit with the abilities in your tree that require a hit check, and maybe 1-2 skills in the base trees. Pets aren't affected by the adept hit chance (at least as far as I can remember), and skills such as heals and buffs don't require a "to-hit" check. Adept is a fine defensive tool in pvp, but your defense is only increased vs. the skills that your adept affects.

What killed hybirds (like the melee/sage), is that the base skills don't typically scale past 50, save a few abilities. So, a melee/sage will be able to heal himself in battle, but at some point your base attacks aren't going to hit for a lot of damage and you're going to be stuck in a fight where you and the mob can't kill each other. Level 1-50 the base skills are pretty great and you can scale in power pretty rapidly. You will need to specialize once the hero quest is fixed and we're able to level beyond level 50.

Seilan

Advanced Member

"Blue, blue."

1/09/13 4:34:45 AM#25
Originally posted by Kaneth

Honestly, Adept is only important for certain classes, such as classes that really need to hit with their abilities each time (such as a Sorcerer). Adept only affects your chance to hit with the abilities in your tree that require a hit check, and maybe 1-2 skills in the base trees. Pets aren't affected by the adept hit chance (at least as far as I can remember), and skills such as heals and buffs don't require a "to-hit" check. Adept is a fine defensive tool in pvp, but your defense is only increased vs. the skills that your adept affects.

What killed hybirds (like the melee/sage), is that the base skills don't typically scale past 50, save a few abilities. So, a melee/sage will be able to heal himself in battle, but at some point your base attacks aren't going to hit for a lot of damage and you're going to be stuck in a fight where you and the mob can't kill each other. Level 1-50 the base skills are pretty great and you can scale in power pretty rapidly. You will need to specialize once the hero quest is fixed and we're able to level beyond level 50.

Ah, well, I figured the accuracy boost that is gained through adept (and the skills that benefit from it) would make them hit quite a bit more often in the later levels - it was mainly just speculation on my part. I had also heard that adept affected accuracy for your melee auto-attack, but I guess that isn't true? I also wasn't aware that the evasion boost only worked on skills that they affect, so thanks for the info.

As for the skills not scaling, I was surprised to see that 5 of the lugian base melee skills actually do scale to 150, and they happen to be the better moves available in the tree. That includes Reap Essence, which is a life/vigor stealing attack. Compared to the Defender build that I've also been messing around with, it's only about two less attack skills that go to 150.

The sage/melee build actually seems like it would be viable, as far as skills go, I was just afraid that I'd be lacking a lot of accuracy, compared to someone playing a specialized class with the adept skill trained. I'm planning to level it up anyway though, so I guess I'll see how it plays out. If nothing else, I'm hoping that it can be more of an "endurance" character - maybe not so fast at killing, but can possibly survive for awhile with the heals and vigor-maintaining potential.

Edit: Just to be clear, when you say "scale", do you mean that certain skills automatically scale past level 50 as you get higher level, or were you referring to the skill levels for each skill (some being capped at 50, while others can be raised to 100 or 150)? There's still a lot I don't know about the game, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something heh.

Kaneth

Elite Member

1/09/13 8:16:18 AM#26

Ah, well, I figured the accuracy boost that is gained through adept (and the skills that benefit from it) would make them hit quite a bit more often in the later levels - it was mainly just speculation on my part. I had also heard that adept affected accuracy for your melee auto-attack, but I guess that isn't true? I also wasn't aware that the evasion boost only worked on skills that they affect, so thanks for the info.

As for the skills not scaling, I was surprised to see that 5 of the lugian base melee skills actually do scale to 150, and they happen to be the better moves available in the tree. That includes Reap Essence, which is a life/vigor stealing attack. Compared to the Defender build that I've also been messing around with, it's only about two less attack skills that go to 150.

The sage/melee build actually seems like it would be viable, as far as skills go, I was just afraid that I'd be lacking a lot of accuracy, compared to someone playing a specialized class with the adept skill trained. I'm planning to level it up anyway though, so I guess I'll see how it plays out. If nothing else, I'm hoping that it can be more of an "endurance" character - maybe not so fast at killing, but can possibly survive for awhile with the heals and vigor-maintaining potential.

Edit: Just to be clear, when you say "scale", do you mean that certain skills automatically scale past level 50 as you get higher level, or were you referring to the skill levels for each skill (some being capped at 50, while others can be raised to 100 or 150)? There's still a lot I don't know about the game, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something heh.

For scaling, I was referring to skills that don't go past skill level 50.

The other thing you'll wind up lacking in your Melee/Sage build later on is proper defense. Defenders and FIs which are the tank classes, get personal armor buffs, which is something hybrid melee/healers lack. So you're going to wind up taking damage like a DPS class, but without the glass canon to back it up. Hybrids were pretty much killed off once the hero patch went in, which made me a sad panda.

As for getting evades. Once your GM and Paragon are maxed, the evades are less and less. Additonally, at the higher levels there are +accuracy items/enchants that can help with miss rate as well. The lower levels are mired with "evade, evade, evade" over and over, but that only lasts so long.

AngryBeaver

Apprentice Member

1/09/13 12:37:56 PM#27
You dont have to buy it. JUst sub to Ac1 and you get the Beta free.
  Seilan

Advanced Member

"Blue, blue."

1/09/13 5:32:17 PM#28

For scaling, I was referring to skills that don't go past skill level 50.

The other thing you'll wind up lacking in your Melee/Sage build later on is proper defense. Defenders and FIs which are the tank classes, get personal armor buffs, which is something hybrid melee/healers lack. So you're going to wind up taking damage like a DPS class, but without the glass canon to back it up. Hybrids were pretty much killed off once the hero patch went in, which made me a sad panda.

As for getting evades. Once your GM and Paragon are maxed, the evades are less and less. Additonally, at the higher levels there are +accuracy items/enchants that can help with miss rate as well. The lower levels are mired with "evade, evade, evade" over and over, but that only lasts so long.

Ah ok, that's what I figured. I just wanted to make sure.

Well, with the melee/sage build I put together, I'll have the Fortify buff which gives me an extra 100 natural armor when maxed at 100. I'll also have two HP buffs (one from the melee base tree) for an added total of an extra 600HP. Not to mention, the recurrent ministration HoT buff that can be kept on continuously once it's maxed (although, I guess the Defender gets one just as good). Then there's the vigor regen buff (300% out of combat, 10% in-combat) that sages get, and mixed with a couple of other little buffs from the melee tree (like the 2/5 HoT that I think would stack with the recurrent ministration), I don't think a sage/melee is quite as fragile as a dps class. Although I definitely won't take damage nearly as well as a tank (I wouldn't expect to, really), I would hope to make up for it by the extra HP, vigor regen capabilities (including direct abilities), and better heals in general. Then, of course, there's reap essence, which I imagine would be a nice benefit to sustainability.

For now, I can only theorize of course, but it seems like the sage/melee kind of balances out, just in other ways. I guess I'll see for myself once I get one in the upper levels. Worst comes to worst, I can just respec him into a Jugg or something. I'm hoping though, that Turbine might eventually make the base trees a bit more comparable to the others, so that hybrid builds can once again be seen as viable. The more room for decent build variety, the better.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search