Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,816 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,578
Turbine Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Turbine Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:MOut of date info? Let us know!

Asheron's Call 2 Forum » General Discussion » Just a FYI - The AC1 free trial also works for AC2.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  GroovyFlower

Apprentice Member

Skyrim

12/25/12 10:01:53 AM#21
Originally posted by Seillan
Originally posted by Kilrain
went for my free trail to play ac2 and this trick is now no longer working.

Hmm, damn, I guess they really don't want anyone trying it out for free. I hate to don my "tinfoil hat" here, but I really hope this whole revival wasn't just a way to make some quick money, while breathing a bit of life back into AC1 by the association with AC2. The fact that they still haven't even given a reason as to why the brought it back, or a combat plan on what they intend to do with it, also adds to that concern.

I don't want to jump to conclusions though. I guess we just need to wait and see what they do. In any case, I'm really sorry that this isn't working anymore. I'll update my initial post with that information.

Any one remember big money stealing TURBINE did in 2005 with legions expansion after they launch the expansion full price they annouced after 2 months they quit AC2 thats turbine for you, old tricks never die.

In 2012/2013 this kind of games should be free 2 play its 10 years old for god sake.

Sevenwind

Advanced Member

12/25/12 10:14:26 AM#22
Originally posted by GroovyFlower
Originally posted by Seillan
Originally posted by Kilrain
went for my free trail to play ac2 and this trick is now no longer working.

Hmm, damn, I guess they really don't want anyone trying it out for free. I hate to don my "tinfoil hat" here, but I really hope this whole revival wasn't just a way to make some quick money, while breathing a bit of life back into AC1 by the association with AC2. The fact that they still haven't even given a reason as to why the brought it back, or a combat plan on what they intend to do with it, also adds to that concern.

I don't want to jump to conclusions though. I guess we just need to wait and see what they do. In any case, I'm really sorry that this isn't working anymore. I'll update my initial post with that information.

Any one remember big money stealing TURBINE did in 2005 with legions expansion after they launch the expansion full price they annouced after 2 months they quit AC2 thats turbine for you, old tricks never die.

In 2012/2013 this kind of games should be free 2 play its 10 years old for god sake.

I think it lasted more than two months. If I remember the expansion launched in May 05 and the game shut down in December.  Also it wasn't that much cost wise for the expansion. I got my moneys worth out of it. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search