A new post has cropped up at the Final Fantasy XIV site detailing some of the changes coming with the next patch, v1.16. The new patch is slated to be deployed in March with new quests, bug fixes, enhancements, UI improvements and more.
Quest-related system changes
- Addition of icons to make quest NPCs easily recognizable
- Addition of quest NPC locations to maps
- Reexamintion of data transfer mechanics to display all current quests and levequests on one screen
- Increased speed for text scrolling in general, and further speed increase for continuous scrolling
- Addition of page-scrolling control for gamepads
Read more here.