Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,869,905 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,183
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

All Posts by gaeanprayer

All Posts by gaeanprayer

116 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last
2315 posts found
Originally posted by SereneBlue

Current stuff in development won't be affected but anything actually NEW (as in the idea was being pitched to investors in 2011/2012 for the first time) is fighting over that remaining 13%.

 
 
I wonder if MMO fans post 2014 are in for a long draught of new MMO IPs (assuming if what he states is true).

This is not a bad thing. Not everything needs an MMO, and not every MMO is worth playing. Gamers in the last 5 years or so have gotten used to 4 new MMOs or more launching every year. That's ridiculous if you think about it, do we really need that many online games diluting the player pool? No, absolutely not.

Been over a month and I'm still playing every chance I get. I've never played any game this hard, let alone an MMO. Even ones I like, I tend to move on after a week or two and come back later. I intended to do that with GW2 since it's B2P, but I never get the chance to leave.

Oh look, a completely CG trailer. That's totally the best way to show off a new and improved version of the thing people hated most, THE FRIGGIN GAMEPLAY.

Not that it wasn't pretty, SQE certainly knows how to make a nice cinematic. Honestly they should just stick to making movies. WTB FFX version of Advent Children.

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
Originally posted by Loktofeit
Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

They seem to be a pretty "aggressive" company in terms of when to shut down a game. It seems that it isn't worth the time and effort (for the top 2% of the company) to keep a game running if it is barely running above the breaking even point.

 

Exactly, for example there's Dungeon Runne... oh wait, they kept that running far longer than any other company would have. Hmmm... so let's go with Exteel becaus.. oh wait, that they also kept alive well beyond a point any other company would have. Auto Assault... well, see the other two.  Tabula Rasa? Extremely expensive debacle that immediately hemmorhaged subs... and money... and staff.

Can you list the games you were referring to?


Well I was specifically pointing out P2P MMORPG games that were eventually closed in the West or became F2P or P2W games with a huge reduction in servers. I am not sure if you read my response entirely.

 

You pointed out 2 games and gave an example with Dungeon Runners. That game barely lasted for 3 years. I don't expect games to last for 15 years (or coming close to it) like EverQuest. But most of us hope that the next title we play won't close down in less than 4 years.

 

That is why I pointed out that question in bold/underline.

 

These are the games that have been shut down by them in the WEST (mostly not all).

 

Auto Assault

Dungeon Runners

Dragonica

Exteel

Point Blank

Tabula Rasa

City of Heroes

Lineage I

 

I didn't include Guild Wars 1/2 since ArenaNet is the developer. The only major title I can think of that is still available in the West (MMORPG) is Aion; although no longer P2P. The only major title that has been announced in the foreseeable future 2013-2014 is Blade & Soul.

 

So as it currently stands, I will ask again, is there currently any successful P2P NCSoft (developer) MMORPG in 2012?

 

Everything else has been shut down, with very few exceptions, and the only major title (developed) by them is Blade & Soul.

Blade & Soul, Wild Star and one other (can't remember the name atm) is being developed by them, and they've acquired publishing rights for Arche Age which will be coming to the west as well. Though you're right none of that is due out in 2012. As for the games you listed, Lineage lasted for a very long time and the others, especially Dragonica and Dungeon Runners (neither was developed by NCSoft, they were just publishers) didn't actually have a population. Dragonica was kept on life support literally while they ran ad campaigns to try and get people interested, but the game was empty. They aren't the only publisher who had rights to it, and they aren't the only publisher who gave them up, the game was terrible. Same goes for Tabula Rasa, even though I actually enjoyed that one.

The only one that really boggles in CoX. I'm not really mad at them for closing it, but it's nowhere near as justified as the other examples. Ah well, everything dies eventually.

I actually enjoy this game, but in spurts. It gets redundant, but I started playing at the begging of my nephew, and the hours flew by. He and I were slamming missions like kid-friendly vodka shots, and as I got money for more heroes to play and level, that "collector" fever kicked it. But I find it burns me out pretty quickly, which is fine since it's not really meant to be a long-term distraction for anyone but the childrenz.


 


Just the same, the game is more fun than I thought it would be, even as an occasional side distraction, and it's probably one of the few (if not only) video games you'll actually enjoy playing with your little ones.


Originally posted by spitfire1064
Originally posted by gaeanprayer
Originally posted by Ozmodan
 I just do not see the point of having umpteen spidermans running around in a MMO.  Oh right this is NOT a MMO but an FPS.

It's about the same point as having umpteen warlocks/warriors/clerics running around in an MMO. Aside from aesthetics, the only thing separating you from others of your class is your build in the typical MMO, and people will be able to 'build' their heroes differently by distributing among stat and skill varieties just like the Ultimate Alliance games, but now in MMOARPG form.

The Point is, your still Iron Man or Thor, not a character of your own creation. I was really disapointed in discovering this and have lost interest in this game.

The point is that's purely an aesthetic thing. I get that not everyone can get over that. Whatever floats your boats. But there are other hero games that allow you to do that. One of the rapidly growing bunch deviating from the flock isn't worth all the distress people are going on about. It was meant as an ARPG, by the creator of Diablo, all of which was known since years back. I don't remember having less fun because my Sorceress looked exactly like every other sorceress out there, and considering how loved D1 and 2 is, there ~should~ be many who feel the same. Yet all I see is this same argument. 

Gamer logic is weird.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

 


Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Originally posted by GeezerGamer  

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Originally posted by GeezerGamer  

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Why is this community so stuck clinging to a notion that no raids is better better than a game with raids? Really? If you don't like them, don't do them. What's the big deal? So WoW and Rift have raids. You don't want to raid so that makes GW2 better simply because it lacks them? That's totally ridiculous. I've heard the argument about gear chasing and that argument is ridiculous too. It's always the same. They get the best gear so they can ROFLSTOMP other players. In case you missed it, Raiders in raid gear haven't been able to ROFLSTOMP other players since vanilla WoW. Once resil hit PVP gear, that argument went out the window. Rift has the same thing. PVP gear is for PVP. So then back to PVE. Raid gear is only good for progression raiding. If you don't progression raid, then having or not having the best gear is pointless. My Rift character has a combination of crafted, Expert dungeon epics and Planar gear. Guess what? It's more than enough to outgear anything PVE in the game outside of progression radis. Expert dungeons? I can keep up with progression raider's DPS. Once you get to a certain point with gear, and it's easy to get. Then Progression raid gear is just overkill and has little value in anything but the hardest raids. The progression raid geared player can 2 shot a level 50 standard zone mob....So can I. So what if his did more DPS than mine, I still killed it just as quick. Now, as far as PVP goes, the GW2 argument is even more ridiculous. The argument I hear all the time is that WoW PvPers win because they got the gear. Well, How do you think they got that gear in the 1st place? They sure as hell spent a ton more time than those who didn't get it. And guess what? With progression PVP, they have to have skill before they can get the top gear. And once they all get the top gear, gear is no longer a factor in PVP. So it all boils down to skill. The gear just means the PVPer had the commitment to get it and developed the skills to use it. Someone without gear dabbles in BGs every now and again and bitches that he lost because of gear. Well, that's only part of it. Let's take those same 2 players and put them in GW2. Who's gonna win? Yeah, the same guy who was committed to spending hrs and hrs and hrs honing his PVP skills. Not the guy who queues up for WvW in between his personal story and hearts and DEs. Oh, but now, it's fair because there is no gear right? If players make the same commitment in WoW as they make in GW2 to be the best, then they'd have had the gear in WoW in the 1st place. So now they come here bitching because they lacked the commitment to get good and now want the game to either hand them something, or to take it away from someone who would earn it. PFFT. Ridiculous.
The point is and you missed it, most RAIDS ARE THE ENDGAME. If you want to play the end game, YOU HAVE TO RAID - PERIOD. What is so hard to understand about that.
  What does that mean, "Endgame you Have to raid?" No you don't. I don't. And still what's GW2 offer as an alternative? Either way, you aren't raiding. I still don't get the argument. You remove raiding from WoW or Rift and They STILL have more than GW2 for endgame. In Rift, I can do dailys, And there are enough of them in Rift that I can usually only do one zone a day. So the rotation is big enough to off se the repetition. Don't like Dailys? OK, You can craft to sell stuff. Yeah, you can do that in GW2 as well. I can PVP, But I know, there's that gear argument. So instead of getting creamed in PVP in Rift, you'll get creamed in GW2 by the same hardcore PVPers. So yeah Whatever. There are Expert dungeons to do in Rift. But hey if you'd rather run around like chase scene out of Benny Hill, then OK. There are Instant Adventures. (Technically more dynamic than DEs) Hey, f you don't want that, you can do Chronicles. Another introduction by Rift. 1-2 man instanced dungeons. Scaled down versions of the 5 mans. And finally, there are zone invasions. They blow away anything in GW2 for open world PVE (My opinion of course) I don't raid in Rift. And I wasn't bored. I'll defer to someone else who can address the endgame in WoW currently, I don't know that yet. But I've heard they made other things more important than just raiding.
Your post is colored by bias. Everything you spouted about Rift is in my view monotonous and boring. Instant Adventures are the same 5 combination of quests run by a group of people over and over. Run to the castle, kill undead until boss pops, kill it, then get teleported to burn undead, then go here and zerg this group of enemies, then rinse and repeat until you're dying of boredom (which won't take long). Dynamic my butt. Chronicles are scaled down versions of raids which isn't even worth bringing up in a GW2 forum since most of the people playing it are here because they don't like the typical MMO formula, which includes raiding. PvP is not going to get you roasted if you don't have the best gear, Golds drop like candy and exotics are a single digit % better, and craftable with a couple days work at the most if you are that much of a min/maxer. Dailies? That someone offered that as 'content' is mind-boggling, I'll just leave that alone. Zone invasions in Rift are the most repetitive things in that game and the only thing spontaneous about them is when they start, to rave about that then complain about anything in GW2 is nothing short of hypocritical.
  Well, What's GW2 offer instead? And don't give me some "go finish the maps" Yeah, I can down level to 20 and that's endgame? I don't think so.
"I don't think so" is not a valid defense for anything as down-leveling neither makes you feeble (which you'd know if you actually played well into the game) nor is it worthless for someone who is at level cap. You still get drops your level, it's a great way to make money, and best yet they're the most populated areas aside from Orr, so it's the best place to be social and help others out. If you want to stick to endgame, there are huge, mass parties running CONSTANTLY in the 75+ zones as people try to build karma for either legendaries or karma skins, and clearing the temples of the Gods takes actual coordination (particularly Lyssa). Do the dungeons if you miss them in Rift or ignore them if you don't. 1 gold will get you a full set of gold gear, and if you have anyhting less than 4g by the time you're 80 you're doing something wrong.

 

Everything you listed there as a + for Rift exists in GW2 and then some, GW2 just isn't going to slap a label on it and shove it down your throat nor is it going to commit you to it in order to be competitive. If you need your game to force you to do something in order to have a reason to do it, you're not looking for a game, you're looking for a job.


 

How is it not a valid defense? When exchanging opinions, it's the ONLY defense. Clearly ours differ. and there is little either of us is going to do to change that. We've both played both games and we have our preferences. I think Rift has a better end game, "You don't think so" And I guess that's OK. I think there are more options than whether to raid or not. But Whatever, As long as we both enjoy our respective games, I guess that's the best you and I are going to see on this issue. And again, that's fine, but as my initial argument still stands (IMO) "To have the option to raid or not is better than not having the option."

It's not valid because exploring all of the game's content is the purpose behind there being an achievement for 100%. Therefore, refusing to explore the world and complete content just because you get scaled down in level, then turning around and complaining there isn't content, is silly. That's like refusing to be fed then complaining you're hungry. If that makes sense to you then...kay. As for raiding, yes it would be additional content, but it also changes the core of the game. People aren't going to gather 25+ people for a large-scale raid, especially at the difficulty Anet puts in their dungeons, for anything less than OP gear. They barely do it now just for regular dungeons, which are a hell of a lot easier than a Raid would be. If you don't add uber, elitist gear then the desire to complete the raids dies, and if you do then you've changed the core of the game and pissed off the people that are still playing after the initial zerg goes back to WoW. Or Rift, evidently. So no, options aren't always a good thing.

edit = btw, Rift was half the game it is now at launch. GW2 has been out a month and its comparable to Rift in content now, let alone Rift as it existed when it first launched.

Originally posted by ZigZags

I think its a shame that some of the greatest intellectual properties of our life time were made into MMOs that utterly failed. I remember watching movies and reading books thinking to myself, "I wish I could live or play in this world" and eventually some corporation got involved with the creators of the IP, made a game and it ended up sucking, going free to play or closing down.

 

HOW CAN THIS BE? Ironically, some of the best MMO's still in play and going strong didn't really have a big following before the game ever came out. I find that kind of funny.

You answered your own question. MMOs based on popular IPs do badly for the same reason that movies based on video games do badly; people already live in this world through their initial introduction to it, and no derivitive work that comes after will ever measure up. The expectations are always higher than can be met, because your imagination and fantasies will ALWAYS tell a better story than any writer.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

 


Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Originally posted by GeezerGamer  

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Why is this community so stuck clinging to a notion that no raids is better better than a game with raids? Really? If you don't like them, don't do them. What's the big deal? So WoW and Rift have raids. You don't want to raid so that makes GW2 better simply because it lacks them? That's totally ridiculous. I've heard the argument about gear chasing and that argument is ridiculous too. It's always the same. They get the best gear so they can ROFLSTOMP other players. In case you missed it, Raiders in raid gear haven't been able to ROFLSTOMP other players since vanilla WoW. Once resil hit PVP gear, that argument went out the window. Rift has the same thing. PVP gear is for PVP. So then back to PVE. Raid gear is only good for progression raiding. If you don't progression raid, then having or not having the best gear is pointless. My Rift character has a combination of crafted, Expert dungeon epics and Planar gear. Guess what? It's more than enough to outgear anything PVE in the game outside of progression radis. Expert dungeons? I can keep up with progression raider's DPS. Once you get to a certain point with gear, and it's easy to get. Then Progression raid gear is just overkill and has little value in anything but the hardest raids. The progression raid geared player can 2 shot a level 50 standard zone mob....So can I. So what if his did more DPS than mine, I still killed it just as quick. Now, as far as PVP goes, the GW2 argument is even more ridiculous. The argument I hear all the time is that WoW PvPers win because they got the gear. Well, How do you think they got that gear in the 1st place? They sure as hell spent a ton more time than those who didn't get it. And guess what? With progression PVP, they have to have skill before they can get the top gear. And once they all get the top gear, gear is no longer a factor in PVP. So it all boils down to skill. The gear just means the PVPer had the commitment to get it and developed the skills to use it. Someone without gear dabbles in BGs every now and again and bitches that he lost because of gear. Well, that's only part of it. Let's take those same 2 players and put them in GW2. Who's gonna win? Yeah, the same guy who was committed to spending hrs and hrs and hrs honing his PVP skills. Not the guy who queues up for WvW in between his personal story and hearts and DEs. Oh, but now, it's fair because there is no gear right? If players make the same commitment in WoW as they make in GW2 to be the best, then they'd have had the gear in WoW in the 1st place. So now they come here bitching because they lacked the commitment to get good and now want the game to either hand them something, or to take it away from someone who would earn it. PFFT. Ridiculous.
The point is and you missed it, most RAIDS ARE THE ENDGAME. If you want to play the end game, YOU HAVE TO RAID - PERIOD. What is so hard to understand about that.
  What does that mean, "Endgame you Have to raid?" No you don't. I don't. And still what's GW2 offer as an alternative? Either way, you aren't raiding. I still don't get the argument. You remove raiding from WoW or Rift and They STILL have more than GW2 for endgame. In Rift, I can do dailys, And there are enough of them in Rift that I can usually only do one zone a day. So the rotation is big enough to off se the repetition. Don't like Dailys? OK, You can craft to sell stuff. Yeah, you can do that in GW2 as well. I can PVP, But I know, there's that gear argument. So instead of getting creamed in PVP in Rift, you'll get creamed in GW2 by the same hardcore PVPers. So yeah Whatever. There are Expert dungeons to do in Rift. But hey if you'd rather run around like chase scene out of Benny Hill, then OK. There are Instant Adventures. (Technically more dynamic than DEs) Hey, f you don't want that, you can do Chronicles. Another introduction by Rift. 1-2 man instanced dungeons. Scaled down versions of the 5 mans. And finally, there are zone invasions. They blow away anything in GW2 for open world PVE (My opinion of course) I don't raid in Rift. And I wasn't bored. I'll defer to someone else who can address the endgame in WoW currently, I don't know that yet. But I've heard they made other things more important than just raiding.
Your post is colored by bias. Everything you spouted about Rift is in my view monotonous and boring. Instant Adventures are the same 5 combination of quests run by a group of people over and over. Run to the castle, kill undead until boss pops, kill it, then get teleported to burn undead, then go here and zerg this group of enemies, then rinse and repeat until you're dying of boredom (which won't take long). Dynamic my butt. Chronicles are scaled down versions of raids which isn't even worth bringing up in a GW2 forum since most of the people playing it are here because they don't like the typical MMO formula, which includes raiding. PvP is not going to get you roasted if you don't have the best gear, Golds drop like candy and exotics are a single digit % better, and craftable with a couple days work at the most if you are that much of a min/maxer. Dailies? That someone offered that as 'content' is mind-boggling, I'll just leave that alone. Zone invasions in Rift are the most repetitive things in that game and the only thing spontaneous about them is when they start, to rave about that then complain about anything in GW2 is nothing short of hypocritical.

 

Well, What's GW2 offer instead? And don't give me some "go finish the maps" Yeah, I can down level to 20 and that's endgame? I don't think so.

"I don't think so" is not a valid defense for anything as down-leveling neither makes you feeble (which you'd know if you actually played well into the game) nor is it worthless for someone who is at level cap. You still get drops your level, it's a great way to make money, and best yet they're the most populated areas aside from Orr, so it's the best place to be social and help others out. If you want to stick to endgame, there are huge, mass parties running CONSTANTLY in the 75+ zones as people try to build karma for either legendaries or karma skins, and clearing the temples of the Gods takes actual coordination (particularly Lyssa). Do the dungeons if you miss them in Rift or ignore them if you don't. 1 gold will get you a full set of gold gear, and if you have anyhting less than 4g by the time you're 80 you're doing something wrong.

Everything you listed there as a + for Rift exists in GW2 and then some, GW2 just isn't going to slap a label on it and shove it down your throat nor is it going to commit you to it in order to be competitive. If you need your game to force you to do something in order to have a reason to do it, you're not looking for a game, you're looking for a job.

I gave it a try. It's not bad, but it's not the kind of game you can just dive into, it's more for those that have to the time to really invest into the small things, like a willingness to wander around for hours and still not find the thing you're looking for. Not that there aren't still plenty of gamers out there who like that kind of thing, they're all just busy playing other things :P
Originally posted by GeezerGamer

 


Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Why is this community so stuck clinging to a notion that no raids is better better than a game with raids? Really? If you don't like them, don't do them. What's the big deal? So WoW and Rift have raids. You don't want to raid so that makes GW2 better simply because it lacks them? That's totally ridiculous. I've heard the argument about gear chasing and that argument is ridiculous too. It's always the same. They get the best gear so they can ROFLSTOMP other players. In case you missed it, Raiders in raid gear haven't been able to ROFLSTOMP other players since vanilla WoW. Once resil hit PVP gear, that argument went out the window. Rift has the same thing. PVP gear is for PVP. So then back to PVE. Raid gear is only good for progression raiding. If you don't progression raid, then having or not having the best gear is pointless. My Rift character has a combination of crafted, Expert dungeon epics and Planar gear. Guess what? It's more than enough to outgear anything PVE in the game outside of progression radis. Expert dungeons? I can keep up with progression raider's DPS. Once you get to a certain point with gear, and it's easy to get. Then Progression raid gear is just overkill and has little value in anything but the hardest raids. The progression raid geared player can 2 shot a level 50 standard zone mob....So can I. So what if his did more DPS than mine, I still killed it just as quick. Now, as far as PVP goes, the GW2 argument is even more ridiculous. The argument I hear all the time is that WoW PvPers win because they got the gear. Well, How do you think they got that gear in the 1st place? They sure as hell spent a ton more time than those who didn't get it. And guess what? With progression PVP, they have to have skill before they can get the top gear. And once they all get the top gear, gear is no longer a factor in PVP. So it all boils down to skill. The gear just means the PVPer had the commitment to get it and developed the skills to use it. Someone without gear dabbles in BGs every now and again and bitches that he lost because of gear. Well, that's only part of it. Let's take those same 2 players and put them in GW2. Who's gonna win? Yeah, the same guy who was committed to spending hrs and hrs and hrs honing his PVP skills. Not the guy who queues up for WvW in between his personal story and hearts and DEs. Oh, but now, it's fair because there is no gear right? If players make the same commitment in WoW as they make in GW2 to be the best, then they'd have had the gear in WoW in the 1st place. So now they come here bitching because they lacked the commitment to get good and now want the game to either hand them something, or to take it away from someone who would earn it. PFFT. Ridiculous.
The point is and you missed it, most RAIDS ARE THE ENDGAME. If you want to play the end game, YOU HAVE TO RAID - PERIOD. What is so hard to understand about that.

 

What does that mean, "Endgame you Have to raid?" No you don't. I don't. And still what's GW2 offer as an alternative? Either way, you aren't raiding. I still don't get the argument. You remove raiding from WoW or Rift and They STILL have more than GW2 for endgame. In Rift, I can do dailys, And there are enough of them in Rift that I can usually only do one zone a day. So the rotation is big enough to off se the repetition. Don't like Dailys? OK, You can craft to sell stuff. Yeah, you can do that in GW2 as well. I can PVP, But I know, there's that gear argument. So instead of getting creamed in PVP in Rift, you'll get creamed in GW2 by the same hardcore PVPers. So yeah Whatever. There are Expert dungeons to do in Rift. But hey if you'd rather run around like chase scene out of Benny Hill, then OK. There are Instant Adventures. (Technically more dynamic than DEs) Hey, f you don't want that, you can do Chronicles. Another introduction by Rift. 1-2 man instanced dungeons. Scaled down versions of the 5 mans. And finally, there are zone invasions. They blow away anything in GW2 for open world PVE (My opinion of course) I don't raid in Rift. And I wasn't bored. I'll defer to someone else who can address the endgame in WoW currently, I don't know that yet. But I've heard they made other things more important than just raiding.

Your post is colored by bias. Everything you spouted about Rift is in my view monotonous and boring. Instant Adventures are the same 5 combination of quests run by a group of people over and over. Run to the castle, kill undead until boss pops, kill it, then get teleported to burn undead, then go here and zerg this group of enemies, then rinse and repeat until you're dying of boredom (which won't take long). Dynamic my butt. Chronicles are scaled down versions of raids which isn't even worth bringing up in a GW2 forum since most of the people playing it are here because they don't like the typical MMO formula, which includes raiding. PvP is not going to get you roasted if you don't have the best gear, Golds drop like candy and exotics are a single digit % better, and craftable with a couple days work at the most if you are that much of a min/maxer. Dailies? That someone offered that as 'content' is mind-boggling, I'll just leave that alone. Zone invasions in Rift are the most repetitive things in that game and the only thing spontaneous about them is when they start, to rave about that then complain about anything in GW2 is nothing short of hypocritical.

Originally posted by Ozmodan
 I just do not see the point of having umpteen spidermans running around in a MMO.  Oh right this is NOT a MMO but an FPS.

It's about the same point as having umpteen warlocks/warriors/clerics running around in an MMO. Aside from aesthetics, the only thing separating you from others of your class is your build in the typical MMO, and people will be able to 'build' their heroes differently by distributing among stat and skill varieties just like the Ultimate Alliance games, but now in MMOARPG form.

I'm with you on pretty much everything except the weapon skills.

GW1 when it was just prophecies didn't have that great a skill pool either. A lot of people are comparing GW2 now as a new game to GW1's skill diversity over the course of 3 separate games + an expansion, and at the end of all that GW1 ended up with too many skills and many of them redundant. I'm pretty happy with the amount of skills GW2 started with, and as more weapons are introduced later on through expansions and the like, that pool will continue to grow. I don't want it to become another discombobulated mess like GW1 was.

Voted "It could have been better".

Some personal stories are absolutely phenomenal, others kind of dragged. A few started to pick up about halfway through (my Norn) but prior to that I wasn't interested enough to pay much attention. I ended up hitting the skip button a few times. Then things got dramatic and I was interested again.

If you consider "WTS/B" spam a community environment, I'm glad it's gone.
That's a really wierd combination of classes. And weapons, for that matter.
Originally posted by Calerxes
Originally posted by Stx11
Originally posted by Calerxes
Originally posted by Stx11
Originally posted by Calerxes

If they give the client away its F2P and not B2P, simple really.

Not going to happen.

Can I quote you on that?

Sure thing - I'm 100% confident on this based on ANet and GW1.

The game wasn't designed for F2P nor will it ever be. They have other ways to make money.

 

So when Mike O'Brien said,

 

"I know none of this is new; the original Guild Wars also had microtransactions. But microtransactions were an afterthought in Guild Wars, whereas with Guild Wars 2, we had an opportunity to integrate the microtransaction system from the ground up"

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2

He did not think it would be the main source of ongoing funding to improve the game? Gems are all that matter from now on believe me.

That....really has nothing to do with anything at all. He stated only that microtransactions were a part of the plan, nowhere does he say it's their main source of revenue. As population settles, the people willing to purchase gems and sell them for gold will gradually decline, but the most stable source of income being the boxes, something that will rise exponentially once several expansions are out for the game all with their own box cost. That's what they're counting on, and that's why they're not just going to get rid of it.

Puting it on sale however, is different, and something they did often with GW1.

Originally posted by Four0Six
Originally posted by gaeanprayer
Originally posted by Four0Six
Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Many players stopped using chat and removed that  chat tab and focus 100% on guild chat.

Smart players join guilds and ignore the PUG crud.

 I take offence to the green statement. But I support your right to have this narrow minded view.

To me is sounds just like high-school and listening to a group of "we-are-better-than-you" snobs.

I also think it is this attitude promotes anti-social behavior.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it on the floor where it was found.

Gasp! Someone pointed out that in order to be social in an mmo, you join a social experience (guilds), and avoiding it while complaining that the game is anti-social is stupid. They are clearly an elitist snob.

 "Pointing out" =/= calling people dumb.

Urging the participation in a guild to enhance the "social experiance" would be a better choice. When you approach it the way the OP does, you might just stick with "you are playing, this game ANet advertised as Play-How-You-Want, wrong".

Your statement seems to imply that the ONLY social aspect of MMOs comes through a guild. Again, arguably a "narrow minded" view.

I was not part of ANY of the cliques ot my high school. Not a "Jock", "Redneck", "Stoner", "Prep", or any of the other "guilds"...You know what it got me in the end of it all?.....I knew all my classmates, and they voted me "Most Original".

But I am old and come from a different time.

Meh

Edit: Furthermore, I would argue that the single most UN-social manuver, is to turn off chat, unless ofcourse you socialize through telepathy.

Arguable indeed since there's nothing narrow-minded about it. A fact is not narrow-minded, it exists regardless of whether you like it or not. This is not the day and age of Ultima or Everquest anymore, if you can't accept that, leave the MMOs alone. It's not going to change. Ever. Social interaction is no longer required, it is offered, that offering coming in the form of guilds and gatherings like it. If you want social interaction, you seek those forums out, and if you don't then you have no right to complain that no one is talking to you. Turning chat off is not merely a means of staying reclusive, it also means avoiding trolls, stupid world chat, drama and gold sellers. I would argue that it is your view that is the narrow one, and I'd do so effectively.

Originally posted by Four0Six
Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Many players stopped using chat and removed that  chat tab and focus 100% on guild chat.

Smart players join guilds and ignore the PUG crud.

 I take offence to the green statement. But I support your right to have this narrow minded view.

To me is sounds just like high-school and listening to a group of "we-are-better-than-you" snobs.

I also think it is this attitude promotes anti-social behavior.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it on the floor where it was found.

Gasp! Someone pointed out that in order to be social in an mmo, you join a social experience (guilds), and avoiding it while complaining that the game is anti-social is stupid. They are clearly an elitist snob.

Originally posted by shadowmage

As a backer of the Astronaut MMO, I am regretting it. They are worse at communicating then most Developers. Still have not had word one on any of the extras they promised, just a lot of “I have something big to tell you guys next week!” and then no post for 2 Month+.

And this is exactly why as popular as Kickstarter is, 10 years from now people will look back at it and laugh, "I can't believe anyone actually fell for that."

116 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last