I am not one to complain about a company using fraud measures to ensure people are who they say they are and are using the appropriate credit card to make a purchase. I would encourage good fraud protection measures and appreciate a company for implementing them properly. It appears that within the last month NCSoft has banned a large number of accounts because of their fraud detection system. My account was suspended on November 25th and I have still not been told why or when/if I can get back into the game. According to my Internet searches, some people have had their accounts suspended for the same error code for weeks, so my mere 6 days pales in comparison.
I would like to make the following suggestions to NCSoft:
1. Work on your fraud system to eliminate false positives. It seems that a bulk suspension system has caught a lot of legitimate users by mistake.
1.5 If you insist on bulk banning, let the community know ahead of time what will happen and what to do when it does. The community not having information is really making your hard working customer service folks look very bad.
1.51 If you insist on bulk banning, please consider surging customer support to deal with the increase in support ticket volume.
2. Instead of suspending accounts in bulk, maybe do a phased suspension in an effort to deal with customer issues in a timely manner.
3. If an account is suspended, please still allow access to sign into the forums to get access to the "3 day or older ticket" thread.
4. If a person responds immediately with the information you are looking for, please reactivate the account.
5. If a person sees a $79.99 credit on their credit card from Anet, please tell them why their account has been credited.
6. As a result of the credit, if people need to repurchase the game to get a new key then please tell them to do that. Also, provide them a status of their old account and what will happen to all of their old characters. Will they have to reroll or have access to the characters they have already leveled.
Thank you and have a nice day !