|60 posts found|
Funcom Q4 2012 casually announces...
The Pub at MMORPG.COM « General Discussion
3/01/13 6:10:28 PM
Originally posted by FromHell
AO has atroxes in pink tutus, but yeah, i totally agree wth you on your point, one of the few studios not afraid to do things differently, add something from themselves, instead just copy paste the standard themepark model into a new IP
alltho their best mmo is their oldest one - Anarchy Online, while both AoC and TSW are different from most of other modern MMOs it was AO wich was totally unique
Originally posted by shamall
sadly, alltho deep inside im still hoping the new engine wont turn out vaporware, that FC wont just die, at least not before ressurecting Anarchy Online pushing enuff life into it to last another decade,,,
im bit of biased here by my undieing love to the game, even tho im on a break that already takes like 3 years, but for me it always was and still is Anarchy Online, no other game offers such a depth when it comes to developing your character, not even Eve,,,
being an old scholl mmo'er i was disgusted by what could pass for being a raid theese days,,, one team encounter? its a raid!! say the new school devs,,,
while 40 ppl raid is definately a step (back) in the right direction for mmo's i wont start gigglin like a japaneese schoolgirl until i see some 100-200 ppl raids we were used to back in the day,,, uninstanced ones,,,
just becouse i miss it so much, more OMNI propaganda!!!
Omni-Tek made me what I am today!
well, its still not good old Anarchy, but Fallen Earth is a very interesting game for us AO refugees if you havent tried it out yet,,,
- while not sci-fi its setting is post apocaliptic, wich is as close as you can get right now if you count out the less then mediocre swtor
- while char development is not as complex as in AO, its much more complex then 99% of mmo's out there, there is no "twinking" as we know it from AO, but still its char development ( classless system ) exceeds pretty much everything besides AO and Eve
- game is a FPS/TPS MMORPG, while im not a fan of fps games, and ussually suck at em simply becouse i havent played any in over a decade i really got pulled in into this one, if you want fps/tps mmorpg combo, youre way better off trying out FE then GA
- while not a sandbox its not your standard themepark either, for example while zones are still following ( propably wrong word, its really early tho and english not my native language, sorry ), ie. first one has content for lvls 1-15, second 16-30 etc, the zones are huge and open, with lots of content spread out trough them, it definately doesnt feel like "on rails"
- while its not swg's crafting system, its still very fun, actually one of the very few games i got into crafting
- game must be popullar amongts AO refugees, since i fell into quite a few of them while playing FE
- game is free2play, and last time i played NOT p2w
P.S. Omni-Tek Protects!
i tried a trial of this game a long time before it went f2p, and i really liked it, actually thought of buying it w/e id find it on a nice discount ( was for 5 bucks once, but i missed it ),,,, then a year later it went f2p and after the first 2 days of playing it turned out the game world is extremely small, so small it shouldnt be even clasified as an mmorpg,,,
imagine the aproximate size of a standard newb zone in a standard mmo, the whole game world in global agenda is barely larger then that, if even that,,,,
it was a good idea to make a fps mmo, but this game lacks scale, really
damn happy i didnt buy it, cos even if i got it for 5 bucks it would be a waste
P.S. as a fellow AO vet i can tell you this game is NOTHING like AO, it has ZERO in common with it, besides it being in a sci-fi setting
P.S.2 Omni-Tek is your friend!
Path of Exile - The game Diablo 3 aspired to be,,,
no doubt - SWTor
User rating down to 6.6 is a bit harsh don't you think ?
General Discussion « Star Wars: The Old Republic
1/30/13 2:49:30 PM
this was one of the most overrated games on this, and other mmo sites for wayyy to long, finally its scores are going into the right direction,,,
btw, review ratings on this site are jokes, site rating 8.7, user rating 6.6,,, i can bet a portion of the "biggest budget in mmo history" went into mmorpg's reviewers/owners pockets
only ratings that are at least somewhat realistic are those for indie titles, pretty much every new AAA title is over rated on this site
shame mmorpg.com, shame on you
ESO devs: If you want to get open world PvP "right" read this...
General Discussion « Elder Scrolls Online
1/28/13 12:20:55 PM
Originally posted by boxsnd
ill just quote some1 from a dif thread on a simillar topic not so long ago on theese forums,,,
"sigh, the long lost art of crowd control"
my very favorite proffession of all mmorpgs ever, is Anarchy Online's Bureaucrat: it was the ultimate CC master proffession, basicly your toolset was:
- huge evade skills ( both passive skill ammount and active "perks" that gave short lasting bonuses on top of that )
- extraordinary CC skills unmatched by any other profession out of the two dozens mmo's i played so far ( ultimate CC "spells" ((since AO's story is taking place allmost 30k years into the future, humankind was able to create "magic", wich is in fact nano technology)), both single target and AOE, both "roots" ( glues you target to a point on ground ) and "snares" ( slowing your enemy down, in some cases debuffing into negative ammounts was possible ), single target/aoe de-snares and de-root nanos(spells)
- pet(s) - depending on lvl one or two offensive pets, alltho middle lvl pvp crats, like mine could just not bother with the ninjabot, it was utterly gimp for title level 5
- allmost NO heals whatsoever, besides healing stims/kits, and one generic perk avaible to every1, and few tricks not usable to every build, like unequipping your weap to use a martial artist heal skill, or switching to meele for dimach etc,,,
no other feeling like standing infront of big bad enemy guy, letting him swing and miss you at will, dancing and showing off that he cant move you hp bar down, even tho you have no heals, or keeping a whole zerg at bay, just behind the corner, all rooted, while you rip them apart one by one, using LoS as you ally
aaaaaahhhhhh teh nostalgia, give me a mmo with an old school CC class ASAP, the new school low dura CC shit is boring as hell,,, and evades that matter!!
I have a weird build on my character right now..
General Discussion « Path of Exile
1/25/13 7:30:51 AM
if youre gonna stick with this setup you should move ahead the passive skill that makes your str. to increase bow dmg, dont remember its name but its in the duelist part of the skill tree,,
with that said, act1 is easy, weird setups have to wait with real testing of its usefullness to higher dif. settings,,, but ofc thats a part of POE's magic, loads of weird setups possible, great base for theorycrafting and experiments,,,
open-world and supports up to 2000 players
General Discussion « Elder Scrolls Online
1/25/13 5:47:52 AM
I get IT!!! the new meaning of Open World some devs would like to force on us is that it has NO ROOF!!
reinventing the meaning of words by devs/publishers is kind off unethicall marketing in my eyes, and we had wayyyy to much of it in the previous year,,,
Originally posted by Nitth
dont worry, less then 1day 8hours to go,,,
im actually excited myself, since after my initial rush with this game im on a break for 3-4 months waiting for act3/cut-throat league,,, i realllllyyyyy wanna just log in and play, but better to force one self to just wait till tomorrow,,, ITS GONNA BE AWESOME
if any1s interested in rollng a char today and have it deleted tomorrow to start over,,,,
feel free too do just that:)
Looking for a new MMO (or online game) with a strong presence of PvP.
LFGame « General Discussion
1/21/13 1:33:43 PM
Originally posted by jpnole
sadly no ETA on cut-throat league (full loot pvp league), so no pvp till its actually implemented,,, ive intentionally ignored the pvp instance thats in game already, just becouse i never actually got any invite to it, event tho i stayed queued up for days, literally,,,
with that said its an amazing game, really worth trying out, just wish they'd hurry up with cut-throat
Originally posted by Narof
dont worry, game is going into open beta TOMORROW, wont need a key no more
aswell, there will be no more character wipes post 21.1., the one between cbt and obt that will happen today or tomorrow is supposed to be the last,,,, so its kinda like a game launch if you dont mind missing stuff like cut throat league ( i do :( )
 might be actually on 24th of jan not on the 21st, cant find the email i got from them bout this to confirm and at heir site it sais 3 days 7hours left till final char wipe so,,, anyways its just arround the cornerl lets just hope cut throat league will be included at OBT launch
Originally posted by Jemcrystal
its a sandbox,,,
Originally posted by Kyleran
yeah, its a very bad bussiness decission by FC, i mean i loooove the game and i cant justify to pay even in dollars for this game no more ( alltho i have two accounts and wouldnt be able to choose just one to sub too, its all or nothing for me ),,,
with that said, its still my biggest mmo love ever, i keep comming back to official forums, reading and hoping that soon will come the day that there are enuff players ingame to justify paying the sub fee x2
game is really amazing, like no other, but if you havent played it yet i have to disencourage you from trying it right now, better to wait a few months, till the new engine ( assuming FC finally dellivers on it ),,, right now it would give you just a bad impression on a great game wich would most likely disencourage you from trying it out when it re-releases with new GFX
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
saddens me to say this, but unfortunately funcom's accountants never noticed the financial potential of free 2 play, and their games are at best a bad implementation of freemium, calling them f2p is just plain wrong;/ even TSW is somekind of b2p / freemium mix
Originally posted by Mr_C
he propably just added the 15% vat ( EU tax law ) to the 14.99 E,,,, in US there is no VAT tax on games or computer progs in general,,, combined with the fact that 1 euro is worth noticeably more then 1 dollar, makes ao indeed one of the most, if not the most expensive ( counting monthly sub fee ) mmo's to play
with that said, there is ( or at least was when i last was playing ) a way arround it,,, i used some service called Pay By Cash ( or something simillar ), basicly a third party company like PayPall and such, but i registered with an US adress, just googled some florida hotel and used their adress
this allowed me to pay in dollars ( first saving ) and i didnt had to pay the damned 15% vat on top of it ( second saving )
with all that said, it is a sign a huge disrespect towards the EU gamer by Funcom ( or at least FC's financial departament - as we were told this decission was outside of competence of the team that works on AO ), and im saying this as a funcom fan, not a hater
PS. another thought, Norway is not a EU member, while you are a member of Schengen ( open borders ) and can access the free market of EU, its very possible the Norwegian law when it comes to taxing computer programs is different then the EU one
Originally posted by Torgen
1. dl and isntall the RUSSIAN version
2. dl the EURO version Language files
3. replace the files
5. log in
wont bother reposting the proper links, since they all are on the verry first page of this thread, bottom of the page