1) lacks a good story. vs a game like ffxi or others
Lack of good story? Considering that warcraft have about 20 years old lore (or even more) you say it "lack good story"...right...if you rushed trough game you can say that, but then you can say it for every other game.
2) pvp was not very skill based to a certain extent. if you call running around some1 while pressing buttons skill then.. this game is for you. this was especially bad for people with slower computers. even worse for casters due to the fact that befor you cast a spell a person could run behind you and your spell wont go off cause you lost line of sight.
in every game you must press buttons, show me one game where you dont have to. Did you try arena fights? I guess not. LOS is important and L2use it against casters ;) (ye im melee)
3) in order to get endgame gear you had to run raid instances. these were 40man back in the day and only way to do it was to join a guild. upon joining a raiding guild , i felt like i just got another job. it was like every night they wanted you on to raid. if you wanted to take a night off to go watch a movie or just take a break from the game, they would look down upon you. ( this happens in a few games other than wow. )
Then dont play...its just simple as that. What do you want really? Free ride to everything?!?
4) classes were a little imbalanced. i mean, look at warlocks now and shamans back in the day.
5) extremly repeatative. kill 10 of this. get 20 of that. kill 1000 of these so i like you better.
Show me game that it isnt repetitive...
I dont agree with this at all...
First you talk pre TBC expirience, WoW changed alot since then. Arena fights are more skill based and not only skill buit allso how much you know about your class and armor you use...how to max up gems, chants, what to use, when to use and how to use.
I play WoW since days when droods had fegin death in cat form :p but that time is loong passed now.