Realism != Fantasy.
Aion is a fantasy based game, which is why they have items like this. Fantasy doesn't contain real elements or your taking away from a game that is fantasy.
/?fænt?si, -zi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fan-tuh-see, -zee] Show IPA noun, plural -sies, verb, -sied, -sy⋅ing.
1. imagination, esp. when extravagant and unrestrained.
2. the forming of mental images, esp. wondrous or strange fancies; imaginative conceptualizing.
3. a mental image, esp. when unreal or fantastic; vision: a nightmare fantasy.
4. Psychology. an imagined or conjured up sequence fulfilling a psychological need; daydream.
5. a hallucination.
6. a supposition based on no solid foundation; visionary idea; illusion: dreams of Utopias and similar fantasies.
7. caprice; whim.
8. an ingenious or fanciful thought, design, or invention.
9. Also, fantasia. Literature. an imaginative or fanciful work, esp. one dealing with supernatural or unnatural events or characters: The stories of Poe are fantasies of horror.
10. Music. fantasia (def. 1).
These weapons are created from imagination, even if the objects they represent are real. FOr instance, you do't see us fighting wars with carrot sticks. If these items take immersion out of your fantasy, then that's fine. But if your looking for a sense of realism, you won't find that in any fantasy.