|1 posts found|
Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Official SWTOR Review
News & Features Discussion « General Discussion
2/04/12 3:52:39 PM
this review is horse shit, and the fact that we base everything on WoW makes it worst, let me tell you all one thing, WOW is crap, it was the most unfair game time wise when it first came out, its a time hog and it contains no real interesting content, they only made the game fair recently and not because of public outcry but because they knew SWTOR was coming out and didnt want to lose customers, THE GREAT THING about this game is that in its first 30days out:
1. playable - who has ever released a mmorpg game this polished, no one. Con: thats why it took forever to come out but this allowed for more betas to be released last fall
2. its fair - the developers could have made this game so much more time consuming but they didnt. Con:because its fair you can get to level 50 rather quick than most mmorpgs
3. companion system brings something new to mmorpg - f a pet system, we now have a companion system and it ROCKS! they can be an addition to a group when you cant find other players, they do everything for you that you need done. Con:none
4. you can max out and replay other characters with ease - hitting the lvl cap on wow was only the beginning, and that was the problem you didnt feel you really accomplised sh*t once you leveled, it was like getting your work done for the day just for 2 days worth of work to suddenly appear on your desk, with SWTOR there seems to be AN end. And you get to enjoy other toons instead of making them just to help with your "main" Con: There isnt much end game content to grab your attention if you dont PvP
5. Its star wars done right! like come on they did the entire star wars universe and put into a mmorpg and didnt f it up, we cant even say that about g lucas himself! the visuals and the sound are terrific, could it be better, yes it could but would it be playable across most systems NO, and that is the bottleneck to most games, if you want 10 million subscribers in the future then you need a game engine that can run on most pcs and although swtor has a higher req than most mmorpgs it is the benchmark for any future games mmorpg or not to come out in the near future. Con: low pop servers mines well be solo play servers
to not even be out a half a year yet this game is amazing. all the things wrong with it can be solved with a patch or two, some of you have sat at your computers bitching and complaing about how unfair WOW is or was but yet you all still paid Blizzard faithfully 15 dollars a month and now you want to pick SWTOR apart?! just to go back and play wow?
Now. as far as the game not feeling like an MMORPG. Guess what? No MMORPG feels like a MMORPG when they first come out. Why? because you need people. And because of WoW some of us dont want to start in those crowded servers because on WoW it means hell is coming, but here its different. if you want to be social then you have to start out on those high pop servers but its not as bad as wow by a long shot. One thing we have to do is appreciate the EFFORT they put into caring about the gamer when it comes to SWTOR. Like i said earlier this game could be a lot worst but in the end you get a game that feels like it was created for us not around us.