Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,699 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,060
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

All Posts by echolynfan

All Posts by echolynfan

33 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last
657 posts found
Originally posted by lpriest
I'm surprised this game is still so hyped, considering that combat feels like it belongs in 2004
 

And this is a negative? The MMO's pre-2004 were better IMO - games mostly suck now.

 
Playing Wow right now waiting for Archeage - nothing else out there right now of interest to me.
Originally posted by Impacthound
Originally posted by echolynfan

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

LOL, you can't play the "freedom" card on someone who isn't oppressing you. I just gave some conflict-avoidance tips? I mean, you can be as inflammatory as you want, but it draws the attention of moderators when you do, and making political statements on MMO boards is a little misguided.

It's a quote about expression...nothing political intended. Also - other people's feelings are not my responsibility...I'm not going to change the way I express my views so someone's butt doesn't get hurt. 

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” - Aristotle

Originally posted by Impacthound
Originally posted by echolynfan

I think it's an ok maybe sucks kind of a puke game. I made up my damn mind about the game after launch and if I want to come by every once and a while to voice my opinion that's my business. That is...what forums are all about are they not?

By the way...I've played the game as recently as last month so I'm not just voicing an old opinion of SWTOR. Just as some people can't stop bashing SWG years after it's dead...I'm here with my opinions. 

This video sums up what I'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/eC8LacnQ1bc

Your positioning is hostile. I'm not a current player but I like the setting and some of the players I met in-game enough to want to stay up-to-date on current and coming changes to the game. I keep looking for something that will make me want to play again, hasn't happened yet, but in the meantime instead of posting a ton of negative things I try to temper it with things I'd like to see. I also think it's always worth discussing what did and didn't work in SWG, because BioWare can still learn from it's successes and failures. Players loved housing; not enough to float the whole game but it was a persistent want and it's finally being added just before the 3-year mark. Casualizing all the combat and group content hurt SWG, they should probably step off on Tactical Ops for a long while.

Just think about how you word things. If you trim the inflammatory words and tone you can get some real discussion.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

 

 

Originally posted by Distopia
Originally posted by echolynfan
 

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

It's obvious you never played SWG so you have no frame of reference for why it was (and still is) loved by the MMO community. I would rather play the version that can't be mentioned on this site than waste my time with EA's puke of a game SWTOR.  

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

First you say it's an okay game, then you say "maybe it sucks" now you call it puke.. Make up your damn mind. Better yet move on ,how long have you been here doing this? I remember you from launch.

I think it's an ok maybe sucks kind of a puke game. I made up my damn mind about the game after launch and if I want to come by every once and a while to voice my opinion that's my business. That is...what forums are all about are they not?

By the way...I've played the game as recently as last month so I'm not just voicing an old opinion of SWTOR. Just as some people can't stop bashing SWG years after it's dead...I'm here with my opinions. 

This video sums up what I'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/eC8LacnQ1bc

Originally posted by kitarad
Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by echolynfan
 

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

It's obvious you never played SWG so you have no frame of reference for why it was (and still is) loved by the MMO community. I would rather play the version that can't be mentioned on this site than waste my time with EA's puke of a game SWTOR.  

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

None of that explains why people like you can't just let people enjoy SWTOR or talk about it without barging in to lament the loss of SWG or complain about a game they no longer play.

So the game wasn't for you...move the fuck on and go play something else. NO ONE playing the game gives a fuck that you don't or why you don't. All you are now is that obnoxious person that cries at peoples weddings about the girl that got away.

I also cannot understand why he felt the need to put down the OP's taste with his I am better than you speech. It was so unnecessary .

Huh? I never put the OP down - I just have different tastes when it comes to MMO's - I like more complex game play which SWTOR does not have so sue me.

Originally posted by Tyggs
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by coorsguys
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by coorsguys
Originally posted by alkarionlog
Originally posted by hockeyplayr
I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

 

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

 

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

 

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

 

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

 

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

 

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

 

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

 

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

 

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

And there we have it!  We can't have a Swtor thread without a desperate, bitter, angry swg vet acting like his gf left him over three years ago and he just can't move on with his life!

I'm sorry swg has more going for it now then Swtor does?  Oh please explain this lol.  I really hope you don't mean the 1000 people playing the version we can't mention on this site, wow the desperation is strong in this one.  Back on a Friday night in '06 Swg had just over 10k players online.  Now your buddy smed denied subs fell that low but never denied the reported players.  Swg is dead little buddy it's time to move on with your life.  

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

It's obvious you never played SWG so you have no frame of reference for why it was (and still is) loved by the MMO community. I would rather play the version that can't be mentioned on this site than waste my time with EA's puke of a game SWTOR.  

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

So.... you're just a snob who thinks he has better taste than those enjoying something different? Very well, carry on.

Nope...not at all. If you read Coorsguy's response to MY opinion of SWTOR it was he who was a snot to me - I just explained in further detail why I preferred SWG over SWTOR. 

Originally posted by coorsguys
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by coorsguys
Originally posted by alkarionlog
Originally posted by hockeyplayr
I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

 

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

 

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

 

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

 

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

 

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

 

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

 

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

 

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

 

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

And there we have it!  We can't have a Swtor thread without a desperate, bitter, angry swg vet acting like his gf left him over three years ago and he just can't move on with his life!

I'm sorry swg has more going for it now then Swtor does?  Oh please explain this lol.  I really hope you don't mean the 1000 people playing the version we can't mention on this site, wow the desperation is strong in this one.  Back on a Friday night in '06 Swg had just over 10k players online.  Now your buddy smed denied subs fell that low but never denied the reported players.  Swg is dead little buddy it's time to move on with your life.  

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

[mod edit]

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by Impacthound
Originally posted by Po_gg

If you forget the major ones in the last three years (Isengard, Rohan and Helm's Deep), just the rest of the smaller updates combined could match up the additional content TOR got since release... and those three expansions each had more. Sorry, but in regards of content updates, LotRO and TOR are not even in the same league.

 

It'd be better to focus onto the original subject of the thread, the fun. A couple days ago we did a H+4 without tank or healer, it was fun :) (ok, up to the point when we saw the repair bills after the many wipes...)

Thank you for the support, I don't think my first post in the thread was unreasonable or deserving of the derailment.

It wasn't but you can't swing a midget on this forum without hitting someone trying to make this game out to be the most evil mmo ever made or trying to prove how bad it's doing.

Look where this thread went. I've laughed at all that for years not really caring much because I didn't play it any more. I took the odd poke at someone trying to say it's losing money or whatever but never really gave it much thought. Now after going back to it and playing it...the game is really fun and is a very good themepark mmo. So seeing all this nerd rage over the game seems even more ridiculous to me now.

I can see why fans get tired of reading the nonsense about this game. When every mouth breather with a keyboard is here trying to spread shit that isn't even close to true it's a bit frustrating. What would any fan do if every thread about their game got trolled by these people.....wait.....that is what happens here.

You can not have a thread about this game without it turning into why SWTOR sucks. It really needs to stop.

Well...have you considered the possibility that this is happening because the game DOES suck?

Originally posted by coorsguys
Originally posted by alkarionlog
Originally posted by hockeyplayr
I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

 

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

 

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

 

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

 

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

 

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

 

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

 

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

 

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

 

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
Originally posted by Muke
Originally posted by falc0n
Wont be as good as SWG was 10 years ago.

Yeah, nothing as immersive as placing 100k houses next to each other on a desert planet like Tatooine, making it look like Manhattan streetplan.

Yeah, and then when 90% of those houses are basically empty shells from disuse, it starts to resemble Detroit. Just throw around a few empty 40's, add a few crack dealers & homeless people, and BAM!  Perfect.

 

I'd take that over the garbage that is being sold as MMO's today. 

 
Hey OP...sent you a PM :)
Originally posted by Scott23
Originally posted by Quizzical

Here we go again.  This has been rehashed many times, and the reasons why the people claiming that PCs are going to die off are completely clueless haven't changed.

Some people want high performance, such as to play games.  For them, tablets will not be a serious alternative to desktops in the foreseeable future.  The only way tablets ever could be a serious alternative is if some revolutionary change to technology made performance no longer scale with power consumption.

Some people use a computer to do real work, not just simple web browsing.  For those people, a desktop will always be superior because of the form factor, even if you could match the price and performance in a tablet--which will probably never happen.  Multiple large monitors, a full-sized, wired keyboard that can be positioned independently of the monitors, and a wired, laser mouse all greatly increase productivity over anything that you can do on a tablet.

But the biggest reason that PC sales have been falling is one that tablet enthusiasts tend to ignore:  PCs last longer--and in particular, last longer than they did 10 or 15 years ago.  If you used to replace your PC every 3 years and now do so every 5 years, you've just reduced your PC purchases by 40%--even though you use the PC just as much as you did before.

Tablets, by contrast, have much shorter life expectancies.  A large fraction of the new desktops purchased today will still be in service five years from now.  Most tablets purchased today will be discarded, abandoned, or dead entirely in five years.

Very good points across the board.

Agreed!

Originally posted by Burntvet

Just the opposite, in fact.

The economy is in a terrible state, forcing crafters to sell below the cost of materials for many things. In turn, many people that were among the biggest crafters before, are the first to realize the problems caused by certain choices made by the programmers. Usually takes a couple months for people to give up.

Similar choices plague other aspects of the game: PvP, GCW, and high end PvE.

What is there is good, but it is clear that all of the parts need to be there and work, for it to "work". Especially on more than a short term basis.

I think we both can agree that the game is incomplete and in the development phase. However - I don't agree with you on the economy...there are tons of crafters and items on the auction aren't cheap. I'm just getting started and only have one vendor set up and have sold a bunch of items already...much to my surprise.

I was Grandpappy on Shadowfire and known as one of the best "Beastmaster" crafters (NGE's version of Bio-Engineer) and made some of the 1st pets on my server. I've always mined my own resources so the cost factor doesn't affect me and allowed me to be competitively priced.

Also - this server will wiped at some point so everything we're doing will be NGE'd in the "far future" (their words) and the permanent server will be in place once the game has been completed. I'm just happy to back in SWG - no matter how much is complete...I missed the game and I missed the social aspect SWG fostered.

I will be watching The Repopulation and have signed up for Beta...should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by Burntvet

Anyone who played SWG in the old days and still has the disks, can play SWG currently, in a certain fashion.

So there is no reason to miss SWG (especially not the bastardized, StarWoWs NGE version, which is hopefully dead for all time).

Yes indeed and I am - I would rather play an in-progress version of the pre-cu over the "finished" version of SWTOR any day.

That said, what is there does not have much staying power, the 4 main pillars: PvP, high end PvE, crafting/economy and space are all not finished enough (or have other problems) to get people to stay for any period of time (space is not even in yet, although the SW can craft some stuff). People pop in and have some fun for a couple months and then leave again.

Hurts bug reporting and financial support for the effort a good bit.

And yet it's STILL more fun than SWTOR or any other AAA MMO out atm - and there are lots of people running around everywhere I go also having a great time. I stand by my previous comment.

I don't disagree, but the unfinished-ness all hits it in the longevity.

There is not much reason to play currently, past 2-3 months, max a few toons, and you are looking for late game content that isn't there, isn't working, or isn't managed well.

And that DOES sound an awful lot like TOR....

 

Based on your comments you're not into crafting - which was/is a HUGE part of SWG and really is a game within the game (it's not ALL about combat ya know!)  and there's enough to keep someone busy for months. It's not perfect by any stretch yet but there's still a lot to do and if you missed the pre-cu era (like I did) it's the only "game" in town :)

TOR is an ok game it's just a bad copy of Wow with their version of dungeons and a gear treadmill. The stories are meh and don't add anything to the actual game IMO other than if you like that sort of thing. It's basically the dumbed down version of a Star Wars MMO that LA wanted SOE to change SWG to once they saw how much $$ Wow was raking in.

EA/Biowhore just spent WAY WAY too much money on the voice acting and the rest of the game was like an afterthought. I mean - what's with buying a crap version of a Hero engine? Out of the millions they spent you would have thought the game engine wouldn't SUCK.

Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by echolynfan
Originally posted by Burntvet

Anyone who played SWG in the old days and still has the disks, can play SWG currently, in a certain fashion.

So there is no reason to miss SWG (especially not the bastardized, StarWoWs NGE version, which is hopefully dead for all time).

Yes indeed and I am - I would rather play an in-progress version of the pre-cu over the "finished" version of SWTOR any day.

That said, what is there does not have much staying power, the 4 main pillars: PvP, high end PvE, crafting/economy and space are all not finished enough (or have other problems) to get people to stay for any period of time (space is not even in yet, although the SW can craft some stuff). People pop in and have some fun for a couple months and then leave again.

Hurts bug reporting and financial support for the effort a good bit.

And yet it's STILL more fun than SWTOR or any other AAA MMO out atm - and there are lots of people running around everywhere I go also having a great time. I stand by my previous comment.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
Originally posted by Karteli

Well if SOE upholds their tradition of nerfing great ideas, the next implemention would be SWG Next, which wouldn't be of any comfort to former players.  Action combat, lots of boom booms, and particle effects .. also available for the PS4. Limited controls, and only enough abilities to fit on a controller.

 

But hopes for a really good MMORPG successor are all out, since Disney awarded EA exclusive rights to Star Wars for a long time in the future ..  obviously Disney see's something that everyone else doesn't.

In spite of the fact that SWG was a Star Wars IP based game, I think the people who loved that game loved it for the game itself more than the IP. When I played, I always had the sense that it wasn't really Star Wars. It looked and sounded like Star Wars, but I never felt like I was actually in the Star Wars Universe. I still loved the game. Sure the name attracted players to it, but I don't think it, alone, was enough to keep them. A SWG "clone" could succeed without said IP if done right.

I think SWG had a wonderful Star Wars feel to it - certainly better than SWTOR's version. SWG had Tatooine sand storms....worlds had night and day cycles and the ORIGINAL trilogy theme. Darth Vader would should up with his storm troopers...as well as Luke, Leia, Solo and Chewbacca. Having my very own Millenium Falcon to fly around space in or a Tie Fighter? THAT's Star Wars.

Originally posted by Burntvet

Anyone who played SWG in the old days and still has the disks, can play SWG currently, in a certain fashion.

So there is no reason to miss SWG (especially not the bastardized, StarWoWs NGE version, which is hopefully dead for all time).

Yes indeed and I am - I would rather play an in-progress version of the pre-cu over the "finished" version of SWTOR any day.

33 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last