We are happy to announce an addition to our Alternate Advancement (AA) system that will launch next week. For some time now we’ve wanted to improve our AAs to make earning them more in line with the natural progression of an adventuring character – not two individual leveling mechanics. In addition to that, we also recognize that the 280AA barrier at level 90 isn’t “fun” though it’s necessary for us to balance the higher end of the game for all players.
So, in the interest of fun and improved character development, on Thursday, December 18 we are going to add the auto-granting of AAs to our system in the following ways:
1. Starting at level 10 until Level 90:
- 5 AAs granted upon reaching level 10
- 3 AAs for each level (16, 17, 18, etc.)
- 2 Additional Bonus AAs for every 5 levels (15, 20, 25, etc.)
- 3 Additional Bonus AAs at level 90 (for a total of 8!)
3. AAs stop being auto-granted when 280AAs are reached at or before level 90. (Players can still earn AAs naturally, however.)
4. The 280AA bauble available in the store will be raised to 320AAs and usable at level 10.
5. Players with unused “Touch of the Steward” items given with the Chains of Eternity expansion which grant 280AAs will find it now usable at level 10 (down from level 90).
6. All characters will be updated to the new system which will include granting AAs for levels earned.
- Example: a Level 48 character will be granted 133AAs in the new system. If a Level 48 character is below 133AAs when we launch the new system, they’ll be set to 133AAs. If they are above 133AAs, their AAs will remain unchanged. In both cases, that character will be granted 3 points at level 49, and 5 points at level 50.