|5 posts found|
um...what greed drove players out of the game???
An Earnest Question for the Player Crew Crowd
General Discussion « Star Trek Online
11/15/09 10:30:14 PM
i played sqo for over1 year now, and ihave seen so many advances, COlonial buildings, more ships, factions, gfx updates, we even have shuttles now :O
and because of the different stations, and somewhat lack of crew, you will get sooooo much attention, help etc when you join, be it from starfleet of the united systesms alliance, the emporer of the klinshaya empire, the consul of the (newly formed) ICS, the solitary Confeds of non aligned worlds (CONW) or even the mysterious Therataan protectorates. There WILL be a place for you somewhere, PvP = Klins, Science, explore, PvE, PvP = Alliance/ICS, science, explore = Therataa.
as for Civ side, there are people who can help you get started, i am gettin a new ship soon, so who knows, maybe you can crew my ship ;) ill even buy first 3 people a shuttle :D
i have, do and always will love SQO, 1000 stars / 5 stars forever :D
take a look and look me up on forums :) im comet :P
-- Independent Coalition of Systems --
Do you love ICS? Well it doesn't matter, because ICS loves you! You may not know it, but the proud Uniformed Gentlebeings and Femalebeings of the Coalition Defence Force also Loves you! They are here to protect you, but in order to protect you, We need you ! So support our cause , or Sign up and become a Honorable ICS Citizen! Hoorah
-- Who we are?
The Independent Coalition of Systems is a big civilian faction located outside alliance territory, this mean that we have our own laws and the first goal here is help others and have fun.
-- What we offer?
Exclamation Basic training for newcomers.
-- Civilian advisor – this mean that you will have all information for start your civilian life inside ICS territory;
-- Elite training;
Newcomers seeking a real training program , help and fun. We are a family here.
Old players looking for new horizons and tired of the old rules.
All time zones welcome!
All ages welcome!
Ok, basically the ICS is a faction formed by players, similar to (if you played way back then) UFP. We have several colonies awaiting Secession from the United System's Alliance, and currently have 1 colony (the capital) in the secession process (to break away from the Alliance). We have our own government, and ships which we lend out. We also have our own Fleet (known as the Warfleet) to defend ourselves against hostiles upon full secession. We also build everything with out own materials. So, all in all, we are a player made, player ran and player built Faction, of whom all are welcome, even if you have no clue how to play, we can and will, if you want us to, teach you how :)
Senator Charles Hughes
Ok i got another thing to add...
The admins work hard, and major bugs have been wiped from the game, so performance in battle has drastically increased. Also with the new Buildings for colonies it does make another thing to do, because you need the buildings to get the colony happy, so it makes it a little more challenging to get a colony.
Also with the new shuttles and Fighters coming soon, it will be an amazing addition to not only the fighting/combat side of the game, but also the Civilian side, where you can fly in a small shuttle to make things faster to Test chemicals etc. But the fighters will enable New players to be able to go in and shoot the enemy without much risk (apart from dying) and loosing a fighter, easily replacable.
The admins continue to add new stuff to the game, and to fix the Bugs in the game. Been a year and 2 months, and i am still LOVING the game, i recommend it to all RPers (or just people who like Sci-Fi/Space MMOs) with the helpful Forums, and the 'need' for new recruits, you will be adored for your first month in the game.
If you want to join, and want to play with people, or want to get taught how to play, rather than the (rather simple) Tutorial, then you are more than welcome to PM me (on SQO forums as i rarely log on here) and join the Independent Coalition of Systems (see another topic titles Independent Coalition of System's (above this topic somewhere) and follow that Forum link, and ask to join, I am always recruiting, and will be more than happy to help you get started :) )
Hey, lets start with the good shall we?
1) A good Idea, with a bigger player base, this will go far
2) A few goals to aim for, so you know what to do.
3) Multi Clienting available, and multiple Avatars, meaning you can play 2 different alts (characters) at one time, be it 1 Starfleet, 1 Civilian, or 2 Starfleet or 2 Civilian (can be more than 2, depending on your Computer
4) Can actually walk on planets and inside ships, player owned planets/systems, player owned buildings
that is all i can think of, next is the bad,
1) Not much to do after a while or before a certain point
2) Not much fighting last time i checked
3) Takes a long time (depending on distance) to get from A to B
4) a major bug that needs to be fixed, but i bet they are working on it
Next up is the forums
1) A large amount of people here, who help others readily, be it new or veteran or beta
2) Good RP, and a good place to keep up on recent events (so if you stopped playing until they add a certain thing, it will/should be listed here)
3) CAN BE friendly, and can be brutal, RP and OOC
1) Fighting on forums a lot, starts as RP but may turn to OOC unless Mods get on top of it
2) Most people Forum play, rather than play in the game, keeping their titles as Minister, or w/e yet contribute in no way to the games upkeep (IE so rich or supplied etc that they dont even need to log in)
3) Can be inactive some times, or can take a while to get a response if no one wants to know about that post