Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Firefall | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,955 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,378
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

The Matrix Online

The Matrix Online 

The Construct (General)  » The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
78 posts found
  putian

Novice Member

Joined: 8/07/07
Posts: 14

8/07/07 2:30:21 AM#61

I think SOE figure out what gamers hate: meddlesome behaviour from the devs. 

  Zelon500

Novice Member

Joined: 7/01/07
Posts: 1

8/14/07 3:14:22 PM#62

I played MXO ever since the morpheus friends trial. I stop right when my Faction fell on the syntax server. Me and a few people were the last ones to leave. I didnt like MXO after a while due to it being difficult for me to find events happening. The RP seemed dry after a while and the gameplay was repetative as hell. I dont think this game will be worth coming back to at least for another five years.

  Mequellios

Novice Member

Joined: 5/10/07
Posts: 82

8/17/07 2:05:27 PM#63

May I just add this in...

Alot of people post about SOE as if they enjoy ruining games and losing players. This is a rediculous point of view. SOE has made many mistakes and have payed dearly for it. They know this. It is not their intention to drive players away from their games because obviously that means less money. I think things will iron out with SOE with time. How much time? Its hard to tell. My guess is about 5-10 years. Just remember they are trying to make the games they take in more fun. It seems their biggest issue is finding ways to balance games. Hopefully they get through that barrier.

  BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 1/09/06
Posts: 695

8/27/07 3:18:21 PM#64

This is matrix, not star wars.  Lots of SOE haters go to forums and badmouth games they've never played because SOE made a mistake with their star wars game. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

  User Deleted
8/27/07 9:00:57 PM#65
Originally posted by sullivanj69

This is matrix, not star wars.  Lots of SOE haters go to forums and badmouth games they've never played because SOE made a mistake with their star wars game. 

Hehe very true and whats worse those same people cant seem to let go of the fact..scary it really is.

  Shapeshift

Novice Member

Joined: 8/27/07
Posts: 2

8/28/07 1:05:25 AM#66

Well It seems to me that SOE is not trying to ruin mxo but it looks that they have more or less given up on the game, they don't advertise the game at all, they don't try to fund it and if they really wanted others to try it out and buy it then they would probably have come up with  something better than a half assed buddy trial email promotion, which most people didn't even receive. Now it just looks like  they just want to use it to fund their other games in development. With more and more veterans like Ic3b3rg and Zippy leaving the game every month its less likely that the game will last very long without the full support of SOE.

Second of all I think only one person was talking about star wars in this whole thread, almost everyone else who commented in this thread are known veterans who had played this game for at least a year or more and have had it with the matrix online and yes I've also played this game for more than 2 years.

 

  adolf102

Novice Member

Joined: 7/13/06
Posts: 41

10/18/07 7:03:42 AM#67

Worth knowing that indeed it looks they gave up on game.

They haven't even tried to fix MXO and 8xxx Nvidia cards problems in 6 months. And even admitted they don't have staff to do it.

Decide your self if it's worthy going for that MMO while it's in SOE hands?

 

Read more here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts/list.m?topic_id=36300011842 

Regards,
adolf

  UncertaintyP

Novice Member

Joined: 4/19/06
Posts: 70

11/17/07 1:16:40 PM#68

They seem to rarely fix anything, and mostly just make things worse, talking about more than just Mxo though. I can't even play my trial account because of some common "account in use" problem, and they seem to be ignoring my help request in their support section (was made friday at 11:50am btw). It seems like people get an easy fix from someone on the forums but I'm not even capable of posting on them or PMing. I wonder if it's because I'm not giving them money, trying to quell the hate speech from people who aren't currently addicted to one of their games?

  TeknoBug

Novice Member

Joined: 10/13/07
Posts: 2166

11/25/07 4:49:48 PM#69


Originally posted by aiolos121
Everyone can come here with their pro-SoE arguments and point to the fact that MxO is still running and all that jazz but what it all comes down to is what Bloodwork stated previously: the lack of funds.

SoE is apparently this powerhouse, or so the rumor goes, so why is this game not generating any revenue? Why is their not a big publicity campaign to get this game back on track?

I've been around (MxO) for two years, and I cannot give you one moment under SoE's takeover that I look back on fondly. But if you ask me about the Monolith days and I can give you plenty.

What most people who say they're fine with SoE fail to mention is the lack of support from SoE itself. Yeah, they gave us CR2, but it was a system not really needed and you seem to forget the six month draught of, well, anything. You say they give new content, but that content is a white hallway that's always been there, archive missions that we've already done, re-textured items of clothes and guns I got sick of seeing years ago, and the sniper rifle still looks like a freaking M16! (ok, that last is just a pet peeve of mine ) To the devs' credit though, they can only do so much with the limited amount of funds they have to work with, and I applaud that, but by now, they're just beating a dead horse.

The one underlying truth is this: MxO would not exist were it not for station access, b/c most people don't get station access for MxO, and no one buys MxO either, as can be found in another poster's claim that Gamestop no longer carries it. When was the last time anyone's seen MxO in a retail store?

So yes, MxO exists now only b/c of SoE, but it's only a byproduct of the SoE marketing scheme, otherwise it would be dead. If SoE would put more money into the game, we'd see more content, more quests, more everything, but the simple fact that this game seems to be going nowhere and fast has lost lots, and I mean lots, of players, including, finally, myself.



QFE on all that, there's a reason why there's alot of SOE haters not not because of SWG- there's a high demand for EQ classic and SWG classic as well. PlanetSide has fallen and MxO isn't holding out too well either, SOE simply are not putting enough effort into their hosted games with no advertisement and very little customer appreciation from the deve.


As stated above, the station pass is what keeps these games alive, PlanetSide is struggling with subs right now and there's a deomand for merging 3 servers, which once was 7 servers (Jackson closed down 2 weeks after live launch). Only game I ever seen in stores these days is EQ2 and there's not many of those either.


I have played PlanetSide, SWG, EQ2 and MxO and I loved PlanetSide until they introduced BFRs and loved SWG until they fooled me for the second time with the NGE. I couldn't stand MxO's gameplay and I'm not a fan of fantasy genre that EQ2 (and WoW) has.


  Nothinghere

Novice Member

Joined: 11/27/07
Posts: 5

11/27/07 11:05:25 AM#70

Originally posted by UncertaintyP

They seem to rarely fix anything, and mostly just make things worse, talking about more than just Mxo though. I can't even play my trial account because of some common "account in use" problem, and they seem to be ignoring my help request in their support section (was made friday at 11:50am btw). It seems like people get an easy fix from someone on the forums but I'm not even capable of posting on them or PMing. I wonder if it's because I'm not giving them money, trying to quell the hate speech from people who aren't currently addicted to one of their games?

You are actually on the right track there, they wont answer any of your customer support emails if you only have a trial account. I had problems on two trial accounts and they never got back to me. Finally I tried to use the live chat feature but all I got was a generic statement saying "we understand your concerns, thank you very much".

I decided to use my friends account to see if they would answer the customer support emails for her and they did, almost an hour or two after it was sent.

  LordHale

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/30/07
Posts: 8

MasterHale's first rule of combat. if it moves, kill it. if it doesnt move its easier to shoot.

12/03/07 9:43:41 PM#71

see the thing is sony used to be the big dog on the block with evercrack and as such they would down play any game that would give it some compition. Now that sony is no longer the the lead brand  (thanks to WoW) these bad buiness practices are catching up to them

  niceron

Novice Member

Joined: 2/28/08
Posts: 9

4/14/08 2:44:32 AM#72

Would you happen to have a buddy trial key that you could pm me so that I could try this game out for myself and let me decide whats going on with it? I'd like to see first hand.

  NCPilot

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/06
Posts: 49

Yo

6/02/09 10:53:22 PM#73

Dear SOE,

The Matrix Online was my first MMO, I brought it because I wanted to play an Agent. I went to gaming stores to try to find a copy of it, and I even heard that the servers has been shut down and I was too late. However I didn't believe him. I went online and found MxO's home page and to my joy the servers were still up. I ordered my copy of the game (which I still have) and a game card. Hell I even brought a new video card so that I could at least play moderately well on it.

I was so excited when I first jacked in, so much to do, so much to see, and events! Oh my Gods the events! I joined in right at the beginning of the first anniversary and of the spawn of the sleepwalkers! I got even more excited when I started to meet characters from the Matrix inside the game! Sure they were Devs playing characters, but in my mind, the 4th wall was never broken.

Pretty soon I was hyperjumping and running all over MegaCity. Gray wanted my help with Anome and his Unlimits, the Bag Lady wanted help. There was endless things to do, endless players to see! Every corner, every crook and nanny of this city was unique and so was this game. I even took part in Beta-testing CR 2.0, which I got a cool hat for. I thought this game would always be supported.

Then after CR 2.0, you started cutting out things from us. You started taking away Devs like HCFrog and Walrus (true Walrus did come back), leaving Rarebit to run the game himself. Then Chadwick quit after the Unlimit Arc. I never cared for Chadwick's writing style, I thought they were too comic-book-ish, however he was a link between MxO and The Wachowski Brothers. That was a very important link because what Chadwick wrote was Canon.

Ok, so we've taken a few hits, and maybe after awhile things will get better. Maybe SOE will re-establish that all important link with another story teller, maybe they'll swing another dev by us. Nope, the cuts just keep coming. We didn't have an animator or whatever else was needed, so Rarebit had to recycle content. Which I thought he excelled at. I mean Rarebit was a very talented guy, he could do very much with very little!

I want to talk about Rarebit for a minute here. Now it's true that when he was the last Dev here, he became the focus point of all our anger, rage, disappointment, , etc. We didn't like what he was doing with the storyline, we let him know it, and Gods did we. We didn't like the recycled content, and once again, boy did we let him know it. However, I do have to hand it to the man. When SOE wasn't responding to us, he did. When SOE didn't answer us, he did. He wrote the story after Chadwick left, he created "new" content. Like I said, he did much, with little. He was a divider, and a uniter. I'd hate to think that he quit because we ran him out. I hope he has no ill wills towards us, because I don't think any of us has any ill wills towards him.

Anyways, so we're left with Rarebit, LESIG 2.0, and Walrus who checks in on us once in awhile. Ok, so things didn't look like they weren't improving, but at least we were leveling out. At least we still had what counted in the MxO universe. A continuing storyline, Dev, Org Liaisons who created side stories (Viracondra was the best IMHO), and missions etc. Sure we had the Cinematics cut and then replaced with the shadow of it's former self. However, it seems SOE like to kick a community when it's down.

Rarebit quits, which was a shocking news for all of us. He spelled out his storyline all the way up to Chapter 14, in which I think was suppose to be the end game. After this, many people of the MxO Community sent out letters, e-mails, we wrote on the forums, we contacted Walrus, we tried everything to talk to you. We wanted to make sure that we were going to get a break, that another Dev would be found. However, all we got back was silence. We never could break that wall of silence. We didn't even get anything from Walrus until now.

Then we got the news, all MxO servers goes dark on July 31st, 2009. The Matrix Universe will end. This is what broke the wall of silence. Not we're getting an Intern Dev, not that this game will contiune at a reduced price, not that we're merging Three Servers into One. All of these options we would hate, but we would've accepted. No, it's that y'all are closing the servers down.

You know, I really really would like to know why now, why not right after Rarebit quit? It's obvious now that y'all weren't going to refill his position. Hell, even after he quit, some of us tried to create smaller community stories. I know my faction Familia Grigori make it's own RP, and I tried to get something going. What was the deciding factor to finally close the servers? Will you tell us, probably not, which goes right along with your track record with us at MxO.

Remember back at the top of my letter? When I described my excitment and joy about jacking into the Matrix Online? This was after SOE has taken over, fired most of the Devs and PET. See, instead of investing in MxO, instead of putting a little money into it, y'all decided to lock it in the closet and feed it left overs from other games. It's amazing we lasted so long, and it's no wonder why we're now going dark. We're not going dark because the community failed, we're not going dark because we were a financial sinkhole, we're going dark because of you SOE. We're going dark because you refused to invest in us, we're going dark because you apparently don't understand simple concept like Customer Service, or To make money, you have to spend money.

So, why even take MxO from Monolith? Why even take a game that you weren't going to invest in? Were we nothing more than stepping stones for DC Universe MMO for you guys? Is that why y'all kept us around for so long? If that's the case, then that means you only dated us so you could sleep with our sister.

I will tell you this SOE, you will never find another community like MxO's. We are a loyal, dedicated, and tight community, we never say die. Sure we have our fights, and we have our disagreements, but when push comes to shove, we always band together. Good luck finding that in EQ, Plantside, SWG, or any other games you have, or will have. Thanks to your inactions, you have lost a large percentage of us as customers after July 31st. You certainly have lost me.

~MetaLogic

Yo

  sanedor

Novice Member

Joined: 1/13/06
Posts: 497

6/07/09 7:06:46 PM#74
Originally posted by NCPilot

Dear SOE,

The Matrix Online was my first MMO, I brought it because I wanted to play an Agent. I went to gaming stores to try to find a copy of it, and I even heard that the servers has been shut down and I was too late. However I didn't believe him. I went online and found MxO's home page and to my joy the servers were still up. I ordered my copy of the game (which I still have) and a game card. Hell I even brought a new video card so that I could at least play moderately well on it.

I was so excited when I first jacked in, so much to do, so much to see, and events! Oh my Gods the events! I joined in right at the beginning of the first anniversary and of the spawn of the sleepwalkers! I got even more excited when I started to meet characters from the Matrix inside the game! Sure they were Devs playing characters, but in my mind, the 4th wall was never broken.

Pretty soon I was hyperjumping and running all over MegaCity. Gray wanted my help with Anome and his Unlimits, the Bag Lady wanted help. There was endless things to do, endless players to see! Every corner, every crook and nanny of this city was unique and so was this game. I even took part in Beta-testing CR 2.0, which I got a cool hat for. I thought this game would always be supported.

Then after CR 2.0, you started cutting out things from us. You started taking away Devs like HCFrog and Walrus (true Walrus did come back), leaving Rarebit to run the game himself. Then Chadwick quit after the Unlimit Arc. I never cared for Chadwick's writing style, I thought they were too comic-book-ish, however he was a link between MxO and The Wachowski Brothers. That was a very important link because what Chadwick wrote was Canon.

Ok, so we've taken a few hits, and maybe after awhile things will get better. Maybe SOE will re-establish that all important link with another story teller, maybe they'll swing another dev by us. Nope, the cuts just keep coming. We didn't have an animator or whatever else was needed, so Rarebit had to recycle content. Which I thought he excelled at. I mean Rarebit was a very talented guy, he could do very much with very little!

I want to talk about Rarebit for a minute here. Now it's true that when he was the last Dev here, he became the focus point of all our anger, rage, disappointment, , etc. We didn't like what he was doing with the storyline, we let him know it, and Gods did we. We didn't like the recycled content, and once again, boy did we let him know it. However, I do have to hand it to the man. When SOE wasn't responding to us, he did. When SOE didn't answer us, he did. He wrote the story after Chadwick left, he created "new" content. Like I said, he did much, with little. He was a divider, and a uniter. I'd hate to think that he quit because we ran him out. I hope he has no ill wills towards us, because I don't think any of us has any ill wills towards him.

Anyways, so we're left with Rarebit, LESIG 2.0, and Walrus who checks in on us once in awhile. Ok, so things didn't look like they weren't improving, but at least we were leveling out. At least we still had what counted in the MxO universe. A continuing storyline, Dev, Org Liaisons who created side stories (Viracondra was the best IMHO), and missions etc. Sure we had the Cinematics cut and then replaced with the shadow of it's former self. However, it seems SOE like to kick a community when it's down.

Rarebit quits, which was a shocking news for all of us. He spelled out his storyline all the way up to Chapter 14, in which I think was suppose to be the end game. After this, many people of the MxO Community sent out letters, e-mails, we wrote on the forums, we contacted Walrus, we tried everything to talk to you. We wanted to make sure that we were going to get a break, that another Dev would be found. However, all we got back was silence. We never could break that wall of silence. We didn't even get anything from Walrus until now.

Then we got the news, all MxO servers goes dark on July 31st, 2009. The Matrix Universe will end. This is what broke the wall of silence. Not we're getting an Intern Dev, not that this game will contiune at a reduced price, not that we're merging Three Servers into One. All of these options we would hate, but we would've accepted. No, it's that y'all are closing the servers down.

You know, I really really would like to know why now, why not right after Rarebit quit? It's obvious now that y'all weren't going to refill his position. Hell, even after he quit, some of us tried to create smaller community stories. I know my faction Familia Grigori make it's own RP, and I tried to get something going. What was the deciding factor to finally close the servers? Will you tell us, probably not, which goes right along with your track record with us at MxO.

Remember back at the top of my letter? When I described my excitment and joy about jacking into the Matrix Online? This was after SOE has taken over, fired most of the Devs and PET. See, instead of investing in MxO, instead of putting a little money into it, y'all decided to lock it in the closet and feed it left overs from other games. It's amazing we lasted so long, and it's no wonder why we're now going dark. We're not going dark because the community failed, we're not going dark because we were a financial sinkhole, we're going dark because of you SOE. We're going dark because you refused to invest in us, we're going dark because you apparently don't understand simple concept like Customer Service, or To make money, you have to spend money.

So, why even take MxO from Monolith? Why even take a game that you weren't going to invest in? Were we nothing more than stepping stones for DC Universe MMO for you guys? Is that why y'all kept us around for so long? If that's the case, then that means you only dated us so you could sleep with our sister.

I will tell you this SOE, you will never find another community like MxO's. We are a loyal, dedicated, and tight community, we never say die. Sure we have our fights, and we have our disagreements, but when push comes to shove, we always band together. Good luck finding that in EQ, Plantside, SWG, or any other games you have, or will have. Thanks to your inactions, you have lost a large percentage of us as customers after July 31st. You certainly have lost me.

~MetaLogic

LOL. after the tens of thousands they lost after nge , i think they will not sweat couple hundred people left . I beta the game before soe got it , it sucked then too.

  User Deleted
6/07/09 7:10:02 PM#75

I love SOE dont care about what they did to SWG as i never played it. The legendary EQ and EQ2 are imo the best MMO's to date. WOW ane everyother quest based MMO are EQ clones.  Flame away boys i wont be around anyway i will be playing EQ2.

  slntnsnty

Novice Member

Joined: 4/24/07
Posts: 67

You'll get electrified if you don't strike a pose.

6/07/09 7:11:54 PM#76
Originally posted by grandpagamer

I love SOE dont care about what they did to SWG as i never played it. The legendary EQ and EQ2 are imo the best MMO's to date. WOW ane everyother quest based MMO are EQ clones.  Flame away boys i wont be around anyway i will be playing EQ2.

 

QFT

 

  qombi

Novice Member

Joined: 7/09/04
Posts: 1187

6/07/09 7:14:52 PM#77

 Let me find my pitchfork....

 

Seriously though, alot of the complaints are valid and should be seen. Don't hide away legit complaints in some silly "We're angry at SOE" post. That makes peoples critiscms sound invalid. 

  Nebulation

Novice Member

Joined: 6/08/09
Posts: 24

6/11/09 5:33:37 PM#78

SOE does this to all of their games.

They hate their customers.

 

I invie all of you to check out everquestonlineadventures.com. They are going through a similar thing that happened to the matrix online.

 

I will never play another SOE game because the devs hate people who play their games. They consistently screw all of them up; Star Wars Galaxies, Matrix Online, Everquest online adventures, even the original everquest they frigged up. O ya I forgot Vanguard.

 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search