Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Archlord 2 | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,588 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,560
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Mortal Online

Mortal Online 

General Discussion  » THE PATCH THAT DIDN'T ACTUALLY PATCH (1.804)

13 posts found
  MortalOnlineVet

Novice Member

Joined: 5/08/14
Posts: 3

 
OP  5/08/14 11:04:23 PM#1

Sup guys, so I've played this game since late 2009.  I've loved it every bit of the way even through all the exploits, bugs, gm corruption, well the list goes on... Anyways, for the past 8-12 months about 90% of the playerbase has been complaining about something that completely removes the skill ceiling from the game.  Mounted Combat, sounds cool right?  Well, it's literally the easiest completely non skill based thing that's been added to the game in almost 5 years. 

 

So what happens when 90% of the player base complains everyday about how broken/overpowered mounts, and mounted combat are?  Well... Nothing, see in mortal online, you don't actually matter and the things that aren't working, simply, don't get fixed or are never looked at.  For almost 12 months mounts (lykiators, lizards that can ride up mountains steeper than humans) and mounted combat in general have been broken by the pure fact they can hit the strongest armors for over 50% of a skilled players HP.  Oh, you're a mage? Well enjoy 90% HP hits.  The skill required to actually land a mounted combat is literally nothing, you point and spam W as fast as you can to get a high momentum damage bonus.  From a dead stop a player can do hundreds of damage to any player in any armor, mounts have upwards of 2 - 3 x's a player's HP and it's near impossible to dismount a  riding player, therefore, making the player that's riding a mount, NEAR INVINCIBLE.  So this has been going on for 6 months, and the only way to enjoy the game is to... well, make a MOUNTED COMBAT CHARACTER. 

So, for almost 3 months now the developers, programmers and even CEO of the game have promised a revamp/rebalance to mounts and mounted combat.  On paper, they had some cool changes that might have effected Mounts and Mounted Combat into being more in line to a proper damage base. Also they were supposed to make lizard mounts not be able to climb super steep mountains that even players couldn't traverse.  Unfortunately for the MO community (as garbage as everyone in it is) this is NOT THE CASE. 

The patch was dropped yesterday, and after almost 40+ hours of server downtime we are presented with the same bug riddled piece of shit game we all love to play.  Within just a few minutes of getting our small group together, we go out to fight and end up engaging a small group of terrible players.  Doesn't really matter though, because they have lizards that can climb ridiculously steep mountains, and hit players in the best armors for over 60% of their HP in ONE HIT. ONE EASILY AIMED, NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS COMPLETELY UNSKILLED HIT!!!  Normally, I wouldn't even be here posting on these forums, especially not about this game.  I truly feel like STARVAULT bit the bullet on this one, they think they are ready for a steam release, but unfortunately even with the low amount of players it will bring, it is BY FAR NOT READY FOR A STEAM RELEASE, discounting ALL BUGS. The game is COMPLETELY IMBALANCED, AND THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT!!  So, after all this time... They've had over 6 months now to simply, properly, fix momentum based damage on mounts and mounted combat, and it's very clear to me that they obviously have NO IDEA how to fix it or they just don't care.

There are more than a few ways to fix this, such as, dismounting players with any weapon (at the moment it must be 25+ damage worth of blunt strictly with a pure hit , no handle hit), dismounting players by hitting their MOUNT, the introduction of bolas, properly fixing spear stance ( that still doesn't work after 5 years lol), MANY MORE WAYS TO BALANCE OUT MOUNTED COMBAT... but, NO!!! Instead, players get to ride around on a mount with 2-3x more hp than the highest HP character with almost 0 fear of being dismounted, therefore, riding through groups of people doing 60-90% hp damage to ANYONE IN THE GAME. 

 

All in all, I hate writing shit, especially on forums... but, goddamn, after waiting for this patch for over 3 months now I really didn't care what the fuck they did with the game as long as they balanced out Mounted Combat... but, fuck no. They couldn't or wouldn't bother with that, so fuck it.  I've been blind faith paying for subs for almost 5 years on multiple accounts but tonight, I unsubbed 6 accounts and several more as well because my friends are done with this shit as well.  People can flame this post, hate on it, we all know the game is garbage but why the fuck couldn't we at least make it a little bit enjoyable.  I'm sick and tired of the lies and lying from the CEO, and programmers constantly blaming their mistakes and terrible programming on things that are out of their control.  This game has been fucked for a long time but for me, a player since 2009 beta, and over 200 vet points.  I'm fucking through with it.  Uninstalled, going to slam shots of gin until I pass out. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK! 

 

 

  deathshroud

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/06/10
Posts: 1389

5/09/14 1:05:10 AM#2
Originally posted by MortalOnlineVet

Sup guys, so I've played this game since late 2009.  I've loved it every bit of the way even through all the exploits, bugs, gm corruption, well the list goes on... Anyways, for the past 8-12 months about 90% of the playerbase has been complaining about something that completely removes the skill ceiling from the game.  Mounted Combat, sounds cool right?  Well, it's literally the easiest completely non skill based thing that's been added to the game in almost 5 years. 

 

So what happens when 90% of the player base complains everyday about how broken/overpowered mounts, and mounted combat are?  Well... Nothing, see in mortal online, you don't actually matter and the things that aren't working, simply, don't get fixed or are never looked at.  For almost 12 months mounts (lykiators, lizards that can ride up mountains steeper than humans) and mounted combat in general have been broken by the pure fact they can hit the strongest armors for over 50% of a skilled players HP.  Oh, you're a mage? Well enjoy 90% HP hits.  The skill required to actually land a mounted combat is literally nothing, you point and spam W as fast as you can to get a high momentum damage bonus.  From a dead stop a player can do hundreds of damage to any player in any armor, mounts have upwards of 2 - 3 x's a player's HP and it's near impossible to dismount a  riding player, therefore, making the player that's riding a mount, NEAR INVINCIBLE.  So this has been going on for 6 months, and the only way to enjoy the game is to... well, make a MOUNTED COMBAT CHARACTER. 

So, for almost 3 months now the developers, programmers and even CEO of the game have promised a revamp/rebalance to mounts and mounted combat.  On paper, they had some cool changes that might have effected Mounts and Mounted Combat into being more in line to a proper damage base. Also they were supposed to make lizard mounts not be able to climb super steep mountains that even players couldn't traverse.  Unfortunately for the MO community (as garbage as everyone in it is) this is NOT THE CASE. 

The patch was dropped yesterday, and after almost 40+ hours of server downtime we are presented with the same bug riddled piece of shit game we all love to play.  Within just a few minutes of getting our small group together, we go out to fight and end up engaging a small group of terrible players.  Doesn't really matter though, because they have lizards that can climb ridiculously steep mountains, and hit players in the best armors for over 60% of their HP in ONE HIT. ONE EASILY AIMED, NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS COMPLETELY UNSKILLED HIT!!!  Normally, I wouldn't even be here posting on these forums, especially not about this game.  I truly feel like STARVAULT bit the bullet on this one, they think they are ready for a steam release, but unfortunately even with the low amount of players it will bring, it is BY FAR NOT READY FOR A STEAM RELEASE, discounting ALL BUGS. The game is COMPLETELY IMBALANCED, AND THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT!!  So, after all this time... They've had over 6 months now to simply, properly, fix momentum based damage on mounts and mounted combat, and it's very clear to me that they obviously have NO IDEA how to fix it or they just don't care.

There are more than a few ways to fix this, such as, dismounting players with any weapon (at the moment it must be 25+ damage worth of blunt strictly with a pure hit , no handle hit), dismounting players by hitting their MOUNT, the introduction of bolas, properly fixing spear stance ( that still doesn't work after 5 years lol), MANY MORE WAYS TO BALANCE OUT MOUNTED COMBAT... but, NO!!! Instead, players get to ride around on a mount with 2-3x more hp than the highest HP character with almost 0 fear of being dismounted, therefore, riding through groups of people doing 60-90% hp damage to ANYONE IN THE GAME. 

 

All in all, I hate writing shit, especially on forums... but, goddamn, after waiting for this patch for over 3 months now I really didn't care what the fuck they did with the game as long as they balanced out Mounted Combat... but, fuck no. They couldn't or wouldn't bother with that, so fuck it.  I've been blind faith paying for subs for almost 5 years on multiple accounts but tonight, I unsubbed 6 accounts and several more as well because my friends are done with this shit as well.  People can flame this post, hate on it, we all know the game is garbage but why the fuck couldn't we at least make it a little bit enjoyable.  I'm sick and tired of the lies and lying from the CEO, and programmers constantly blaming their mistakes and terrible programming on things that are out of their control.  This game has been fucked for a long time but for me, a player since 2009 beta, and over 200 vet points.  I'm fucking through with it.  Uninstalled, going to slam shots of gin until I pass out. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK! 

 

 

this isnt really news, i dont think anyone expected anything other than a complete broken mess and you should know better than to have faith in sv come patch day.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

  oldmostaff

Novice Member

Joined: 4/08/13
Posts: 15

5/09/14 1:34:13 AM#3

I always used a metaphor for Mortal Online that I think describes things well.

 

Basically Henrik is busy trying to build a new dream ship, he's able to hype up features, tell about the new mast, the new sails, the shinny new everything on it. While we all sit on the old, sinking ship made out of rotten wood. He tries to put a huge piece of a new shinny ship on the old shitty ship, and of course it doesn't work. Its not logical, it doesn't work, he puts too big of a piece and sinks the ship, etc etc. Then seb/paratus try to plug holes in the ship that got it sunk, while henrik is dreaming up new features to add on paper to the 'new' ship. 

 

That's Mortal Online, a little longer than I hoped, but basically sums up my view. Complain  if you must that there is a huge hole in the bottom, but if a new gold steering wheel sounds awesome, and will attract players, then thats what MO will get instead. Fuck the haul, fundamentals, and other basics of the game. Shinny, awesome concepts that fan boys can brag about are what matter.  

 

  Slapshot1188

Elite Member

Joined: 5/06/07
Posts: 4096

5/09/14 6:51:51 AM#4
Originally posted by oldmostaff

I always used a metaphor for Mortal Online that I think describes things well.

 

Basically Henrik is busy trying to build a new dream ship, he's able to hype up features, tell about the new mast, the new sails, the shinny new everything on it. While we all sit on the old, sinking ship made out of rotten wood. He tries to put a huge piece of a new shinny ship on the old shitty ship, and of course it doesn't work. Its not logical, it doesn't work, he puts too big of a piece and sinks the ship, etc etc. Then seb/paratus try to plug holes in the ship that got it sunk, while henrik is dreaming up new features to add on paper to the 'new' ship. 

 

That's Mortal Online, a little longer than I hoped, but basically sums up my view. Complain  if you must that there is a huge hole in the bottom, but if a new gold steering wheel sounds awesome, and will attract players, then thats what MO will get instead. Fuck the haul, fundamentals, and other basics of the game. Shinny, awesome concepts that fan boys can brag about are what matter.  

 

But it has ALWAYS been that way.  If they hadn't deleted the old forums you could see that the SAME promises being made today are ones made years ago: 

NEW TERRITORY CONTROL SYSTEM !!!

NEW MAGIC SYSTEM !!!!

NEW AI !!!!!!

 

It's been so long that it blurs now but I think this game RELEASED 4 years ago.  Anyone that thinks this is going to grow and deliver on it's "potential" after all this time is sadly mistaken.  People were saying the same thing 4 years ago, then 3, then 2... then last year.  I think there are so many undelivered promises that they just follow the SyFy channel method for naming their movies.

 

Sy-fy seems to have 2 pools of names and they just randomly pull 1 from each for the title of a new movie.  Thus "Sharknado" (shark - tornado), sharktopus (shark-octopus) or "Manquito" (man-mosquito).  With SV they seem to just pull old promises at random, slap them together in some unstructured 4-5 line "development plan" and some people lap it up like a kitten to milk.

 

After 4 years, the commonly used definition of insanity certainly applies here...

 

 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

  oldmostaff

Novice Member

Joined: 4/08/13
Posts: 15

5/09/14 5:34:59 PM#5

hopped on today to see the progress of the patch after a few days and a few hotfixes...well not impressed. No noticable changes, even the foliage that they added around fab and stuff isn't really impressive at all. 

 

Then, wait for it to hit night, whole server(or at least 5+ people in help chan+me) went to 6-10 fps(I was at 65 before night). GM said it was a small problem that happens with the coming of night. 

 

Good thing there is a new dynamic day/night cycle, we really needed that. Who cares about 60+fps when you can have dynamic night cycles! 

 

I'll post more as I see more. 

 

edit: seems that whenever I go over a certain node/area in tind GY there is also a 1 second hicup(and a guy I was chasing trying to kill got the same thing) havne't checked on other nodelines 

  Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/28/08
Posts: 1647

5/09/14 8:35:04 PM#6
Seriously, i don't know why they don't just remove broken feature to fix them just to re-introduce them later. Less broken shit in a game even if it means removing features equals up to a better game coz it changes the meta.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

  YoungCaesar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/08/13
Posts: 225

5/11/14 12:29:51 AM#7

This post is really funny because they just NERFED mounted combat into oblivion yesterday. Some will say they went a little too far, but it is better than what it was before (as you can see in the OPs post).

Its probably getting several hotfixes this coming weeks fixing all the stuff that they broke, its the usual thing with Starvault. But the game is going in the right direction, its just an indie game anyways so they dont have the manpower to polish their game that quickly. Sorry guys, but Mortal isnt going anywhere, next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

  argirop

Elite Member

Joined: 6/05/09
Posts: 326

5/11/14 1:04:35 AM#8
Originally posted by YoungCaesar

This post is really funny because they just NERFED mounted combat into oblivion yesterday. Some will say they went a little too far, but it is better than what it was before (as you can see in the OPs post).

Its probably getting several hotfixes this coming weeks fixing all the stuff that they broke, its the usual thing with Starvault. But the game is going in the right direction, its just an indie game anyways so they dont have the manpower to polish their game that quickly. Sorry guys, but Mortal isnt going anywhere, next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

As long as i remember they re doing the same "briliant method" regarding mounted combat since the beggining: Nerf it to oblivion as you said and buffing it to the sky. Its the same thing repeating over and over again. And the sadest part is that this nerf-buff rotation doesnt only apply to mounted combat.

  Slapshot1188

Elite Member

Joined: 5/06/07
Posts: 4096

5/11/14 7:13:03 AM#9
Originally posted by YoungCaesar

 next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

Acclaimed by who exactly?

 

And is this territory control version 1? 2? 3?  Hmm.. think it's actually #4...

 

Surely THIS time it will be all that we hope and dream!

 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

  YoungCaesar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/08/13
Posts: 225

5/12/14 8:46:54 PM#10
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Originally posted by YoungCaesar

 next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

Acclaimed by who exactly?

 

And is this territory control version 1? 2? 3?  Hmm.. think it's actually #4...

 

Surely THIS time it will be all that we hope and dream!

 

It is regarded as the Jesus patch in the MO community, most of the old playerbase is waiting for it. Dunno which number it is, but the past few have just been a placeholder for this one. It will finally bring some "meaning" to pvp and controlling land, giving players RTS type buildings to build in their territory (like mines and farms, which can be raided by enemy guilds), give more benefits to owning land, etc.

Its not gonna come for a long time tho, probably not before christmas, the Devs first have to clean all the bugs and stuff they broke with the last patch lol

  xmenty

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/22/10
Posts: 691

5/12/14 8:53:01 PM#11

News update.

Gamer just woke up from stockholm syndrome. 

Welcome back the real world OP. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

  Slapshot1188

Elite Member

Joined: 5/06/07
Posts: 4096

5/13/14 8:39:18 PM#12
Originally posted by YoungCaesar
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Originally posted by YoungCaesar

 next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

Acclaimed by who exactly?

 

And is this territory control version 1? 2? 3?  Hmm.. think it's actually #4...

 

Surely THIS time it will be all that we hope and dream!

 

It is regarded as the Jesus patch in the MO community, most of the old playerbase is waiting for it. Dunno which number it is, but the past few have just been a placeholder for this one. It will finally bring some "meaning" to pvp and controlling land, giving players RTS type buildings to build in their territory (like mines and farms, which can be raided by enemy guilds), give more benefits to owning land, etc.

Its not gonna come for a long time tho, probably not before christmas, the Devs first have to clean all the bugs and stuff they broke with the last patch lol

So... your new claim is that all the prior Territory Control patches, including the highly publicized territory control EXPANSION, where they had articles published on major gaming sites like MMORPG.COM were actually "placeholders" for the NEXT version which by your own words is now going to be the "Jesus" patch...

 

OOOOOOOO  KAY......

 

Funny, when Henrick was hying his Territory Control EXPANSION in Nov/Dec 2011I do not recall him ever saying it was a placeholder...

 

 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

  Jacxolope

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 743

5/14/14 6:57:51 AM#13
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Originally posted by YoungCaesar
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Originally posted by YoungCaesar

 next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

Acclaimed by who exactly?

 

And is this territory control version 1? 2? 3?  Hmm.. think it's actually #4...

 

Surely THIS time it will be all that we hope and dream!

 

It is regarded as the Jesus patch in the MO community, most of the old playerbase is waiting for it. Dunno which number it is, but the past few have just been a placeholder for this one. It will finally bring some "meaning" to pvp and controlling land, giving players RTS type buildings to build in their territory (like mines and farms, which can be raided by enemy guilds), give more benefits to owning land, etc.

Its not gonna come for a long time tho, probably not before christmas, the Devs first have to clean all the bugs and stuff they broke with the last patch lol

So... your new claim is that all the prior Territory Control patches, including the highly publicized territory control EXPANSION, where they had articles published on major gaming sites like MMORPG.COM were actually "placeholders" for the NEXT version which by your own words is now going to be the "Jesus" patch...

 

OOOOOOOO  KAY......

 

Funny, when Henrick was hying his Territory Control EXPANSION in Nov/Dec 2011I do not recall him ever saying it was a placeholder...

 

 

Man if I had more time I would find and necro those threads.

 

The promises, the hype, the whole thing- 

How many "Jesus Patches" are there going to be?

 

EDIT- Not to be a dick but I thought of something funny (and true). If MO had a statement to best describe it at any point in its history it would be this "Mortal Online: 1 Patch away from greatness since 2011."

 

@ Young Ceasar- If you can, search the archives here- t used to be filled with hilarity of a sort I have never seen in any gaming forum- Ever. There were like 4-5 Jesus Patches that were all going to be the "one". MO supporters would come in here in droves telling us "wait and see - The next patch fixes everything" then once the patch came it was "great." and "the population is booming"- Then a week later they would eave and we would never see them again.

So much of this forum should be bound into a book since it seriosuly was entertaining as all hell and some of the most tragic and yet hilarious reading I have ever done- Bar none. May posts were deleted and accounts banned so even the archives will nevr show the full picture- But you will find some old threads of interest regarding the TC control system (version 1-whatever they are at now...)

It really is sad this sub forum has lost its steam and its been worn into the ground. I used to love coming into work and firing up the forum for the daily MO scoop.