|3 posts found|
OP 9/18/13 6:08:58 PM#1
i played pretty hardcore from launch until the halloween patch last year then quit, and i was wondering how much has changed since then that would potentially make me come back to play again. I had a level 80 engineer, 60 something guardian, and i think I maxed out on at least 1 or 2 crafting professions i dont remember which.
Specificallly questions I would like answered:
1) Have they added any new permanent dynamic events or replaced old ones?
2) Have they added more dungeons?
3) Have they added new rewards to old dungeons?
4) Is there a point to WvW now except the endless cycling of one server winning one week followed by another server in the next week?
5) Can PvP be taken seriously now? Did they add new rewards/prestige skins at least?
6) Have they added more permanent storyline or open up new areas of the map?
7) Are there any actual goals for guilds to aspire towards?
8) what is the content of these biweekly updates?
i really supported the game at first but later got bored then the last straw was the asanine cash grab that was the halloween event (lotto box/keys) which made me lose all trust in arenanet. I was also told that dynamic events would be replaced throughout the world so that exploration and questing would stay fresh but they never made good on that promise at least during the time i was there. Anyway, hats off to all of you who still play the game. Even though I dont play anymore, i will always be looking for that window where I can make my return.
Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)
9/18/13 8:46:04 PM#2
Originally posted by gessekai332
9/19/13 9:33:00 AM#3
1) Yes, pretty much every patch comes with new DEs. The fractals patch in November for example had over 30 new ones, which were promptly ignored as everyone was concentrating on fractals.
2) Yes, though so far only the fractals were permanent. There was also Molten facilities, Aetherblade Retreat, and most recently Scarlets Funhouse. More are scheduled this year, permanent ones at that.
3) There have been several tweaks to dungeon rewards, mostly related to the gold you get for completing a run, and to discourage farming and encourage players to run a greater variety.
4) No. WvW is about your server beating the others for bragging rights. Though there seem to be some guilds who are organizing structured guild fights. edit: completely forgot about the WvW tournament thing. So yeah, there'll be more to WvW soon.
5) I presume serious PvPers play for winning, not for shinys. Can't really tell, not my thing.
6) Southsun is a permanent addition, Bazaar of the 4 winds was a temporary one. The Living Story is ongoing, so if you missed a part of it, you'll just have to pick it up with where it is now.
7) Guilds can unlock various special challenges, ranging from bounty hunts to jumping puzzles to scavenger hunts. Those activities earn guild buffs as well as individual rewards, but the latter are still within the general reward system of "different looks, but same stats".
8) Living Story. There's basically a monthly release that is delivered in 2 parts, which drives the story of the world forward, and includes all kinds of different content: new dungeons, characters, maps, reworks of older content, achievements and respective rewards ... Esentially everything that would usually come as part of a large expansion can be delivered via Living Story updates.