Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,470 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,859
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Ninja Anime Pirates Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Grimrock 2 Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Overwatch Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Rebel Galaxy Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Conflict Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Triad Wars Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warriors World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

ArcheAge

ArcheAge 

General Discussion  » archeage has a feature that other sandbox dont have

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
40 posts found
  Goriom

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 8

7/11/13 1:48:05 PM#21
Originally posted by Koroshiya
Originally posted by Goriom

So much misinformation going around on these forums, it's sickening.  First off the game is not a themepark.  Its certainly not a sandbox, but its not a themepark either.  Its more of a hybrid.  A Sandpark? Themebox?  

Also I hear a lot of people say that the game is "failing" because it went "F2P"  People need to realize that there are cultural differences between South Korea and other places.  Tons of  big titles out in Korea are F2P and doing very well.  Archeage wanted to be more competitve against titles like Blade and Soul, Aion, and the Original Lineage.  This "F2P" is just a scheme to make more money...  The game is doing fine in Korea.

 

 

I am playing the game, its a theme park.  There are quest hubs, and the primary way of leveling is to follow the quest hubs from place to place. Those same quest hubs lead you into new leveling areas where you grind out the remaining quests until it moves you to a new place.   There are predetermined plots of land you can build on, you can't just build anywhere you have to buy the plot where the devs decided to put them.  Boats don't make a game a sandbox, 3 class trees and job changing isn't a sandbox, FFxiv isn't a sandbox and it does that already.  

Here is the only thing I guess you can consider sandbox:

You can be a magic user who wears plate and has a bow.  Congrats, but your skills are still based on the core classes you pick and the skills in them you spend your skill points on.   The potency of those skills are soley based on the primary stat for them (STR, DEX, INT, WIS) considering though that only the stats matter and not the fact that its cloth or leather or plate since none of it slows you down, hinders movement or offers differences based on the type of equipment it is.

Everything else in the game is exactly the same thing you will find in any other theme park game like Aion, WoW, GW2, EQ2 etc.  And btw, have fun when you are stun locked for the entire fight, or 3 shotted by Grim Reapers!  I don't think some of you understand what you are getting hyped up about.  I enjoy the game, its why I play it, but it is not even close to a sandbox. 

A sandbox MMO is a game that drops you into a player driven world (creation is not  the only tool, politics is also a big feature of a sandbox).  Players are given tools, and sand, and they get to make things (to a certain degree).  

Again, this is not a sandbox game, but it is neither a themepark.  It is definitely somewhere in the middle...

Also, you are not the only one outside of Korea currently playing the game.  

  firefly2003

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/16/08
Posts: 2585

7/11/13 5:36:27 PM#22
I've been noticing some of the more odds and ends stuff in Archeage that breaks immersion for some people , I myself enjoy weird bizzare things , the only thing that has me worried now is how item decay and synthesis was removed in the Korean version which was met with negative reaction, XL Games wanted to scale back and cater to players once again that already has a market of games they have heavily available to them but seemingly only have 1-2 hrs a week to play, they continue tweaking and going for mass appeal by the time this games hits American shores it will be DOA before it is allowed to garner an audience it was truly intended to be for, not ultra casual players that shouldn't be playing MMOs to begin with.

  Distopia

Drifter

Joined: 11/22/05
Posts: 15954

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

7/11/13 5:55:08 PM#23
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by SavageHorizon
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by waterwarfare203

if your a crafter then archeage has a feature that other sandbox dont have.

Craft cars and then you can craft submarines!!!!!!! wooooo

lol take that. SUBMARINES!!! how cool is that? thats something no other mmo or sandbox has

http://feature.mmosite.com/archeage/2013-06-28/kr_july_patch_submarine_swimsuit_and_underwater_dungeon.shtml

Well, still not out in the US - so we don't know what features we will get. Can we wait and see?

If you don't like the thread then don't comment, it's pretty obvious that Trion will bring most if not all of AA features that make up the game. Some might come later but you must be dreaming if you think we are going to get a dumbed down version of the game.

One thing i do know, it will be a lot more entertaining than that mess called 

mees called? SWTOR, TSW, RIft, WoW? what? spill the beans.

 

Not buying into the hype as again, been burned by hype machines. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I can't believe it happens to people once let alone more than once.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

  Koroshiya

Elite Member

Joined: 6/18/05
Posts: 248

Live with love, and love will find you.

7/13/13 3:21:29 PM#24
Originally posted by Goriom
Originally posted by Koroshiya
Originally posted by Goriom

So much misinformation going around on these forums, it's sickening.  First off the game is not a themepark.  Its certainly not a sandbox, but its not a themepark either.  Its more of a hybrid.  A Sandpark? Themebox?  

Also I hear a lot of people say that the game is "failing" because it went "F2P"  People need to realize that there are cultural differences between South Korea and other places.  Tons of  big titles out in Korea are F2P and doing very well.  Archeage wanted to be more competitve against titles like Blade and Soul, Aion, and the Original Lineage.  This "F2P" is just a scheme to make more money...  The game is doing fine in Korea.

 

 

I am playing the game, its a theme park.  There are quest hubs, and the primary way of leveling is to follow the quest hubs from place to place. Those same quest hubs lead you into new leveling areas where you grind out the remaining quests until it moves you to a new place.   There are predetermined plots of land you can build on, you can't just build anywhere you have to buy the plot where the devs decided to put them.  Boats don't make a game a sandbox, 3 class trees and job changing isn't a sandbox, FFxiv isn't a sandbox and it does that already.  

Here is the only thing I guess you can consider sandbox:

You can be a magic user who wears plate and has a bow.  Congrats, but your skills are still based on the core classes you pick and the skills in them you spend your skill points on.   The potency of those skills are soley based on the primary stat for them (STR, DEX, INT, WIS) considering though that only the stats matter and not the fact that its cloth or leather or plate since none of it slows you down, hinders movement or offers differences based on the type of equipment it is.

Everything else in the game is exactly the same thing you will find in any other theme park game like Aion, WoW, GW2, EQ2 etc.  And btw, have fun when you are stun locked for the entire fight, or 3 shotted by Grim Reapers!  I don't think some of you understand what you are getting hyped up about.  I enjoy the game, its why I play it, but it is not even close to a sandbox. 

A sandbox MMO is a game that drops you into a player driven world (creation is not  the only tool, politics is also a big feature of a sandbox).  Players are given tools, and sand, and they get to make things (to a certain degree).  

Again, this is not a sandbox game, but it is neither a themepark.  It is definitely somewhere in the middle...

Also, you are not the only one outside of Korea currently playing the game.  

nothing in this game is permanent, nothing is really changed by the playerbase.  Its a theme park with carnival games.  There is nothing about the game is sandbox, sorry!  The housing is predetermined plots unlike SWG where you can pretty much build anywhere another city has not taken up.  Nothing in the game is player driven or created.  Sandboxes, even Sandparks have SOME player generated content.  Crafting RNG gear, placing plots on predetermined lots and open world pvp are not sandbox features.  Sandbox would be allowing a player to pick up a sword and get better with that sword, or a wand and a book and getting better at the skill they are using.

In this game you have Rifts class system with less options and the same amount of "alpha" classes that EVERYONE plays.  There is no diversity because being tied to stats and a level to be powerful.  I know you want it to be a Sandpark/box but it just isn't.  I did too. 

Please list me one feature that is considered a sandbox in this game.  NOTHING is player generated from scratch, it either has a dev decided spot to build, or a recipe you already had created for you by the devs, farmville is not sandbox either because if I cut down a tree, another one will eventually pop up in its place regardless if a human plants it.  I can't steal open world crops that are in a farm either, and I can't fully destroy anything just bring it down to its last upgrade point.

Nothing I do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world.

 

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

  dandurin

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/04
Posts: 476

7/14/13 2:28:19 AM#25
Originally posted by Koroshiya

 

nothing in this game is permanent, nothing is really changed by the playerbase.  Its a theme park with carnival games.  There is nothing about the game is sandbox, sorry!  The housing is predetermined plots unlike SWG where you can pretty much build anywhere another city has not taken up.  Nothing in the game is player driven or created.  Sandboxes, even Sandparks have SOME player generated content.  Crafting RNG gear, placing plots on predetermined lots and open world pvp are not sandbox features.  Sandbox would be allowing a player to pick up a sword and get better with that sword, or a wand and a book and getting better at the skill they are using.

In this game you have Rifts class system with less options and the same amount of "alpha" classes that EVERYONE plays.  There is no diversity because being tied to stats and a level to be powerful.  I know you want it to be a Sandpark/box but it just isn't.  I did too. 

Please list me one feature that is considered a sandbox in this game.  NOTHING is player generated from scratch, it either has a dev decided spot to build, or a recipe you already had created for you by the devs, farmville is not sandbox either because if I cut down a tree, another one will eventually pop up in its place regardless if a human plants it.  I can't steal open world crops that are in a farm either, and I can't fully destroy anything just bring it down to its last upgrade point.

Nothing I do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world.

 

It seems like you are just being argumentative.

 

AA is more sandbox-y than 95% of MMO's out there, therefore calling it a themepark makes the term "themepark" pretty much meaningless.

If you build a house on a plot then I can't build one there myself.  Therefore "something you do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world".  Farmville isn't sandboxy?  Says you and... nobody.

 

And what about castles?  Their wall structure isn't pre-determined right?

 

Granted, Wurm Online is MORE "sandboxy" since your houses and fences are free-form and you can terraform and it's classless, but if ArcheAge isn't a "sandpark" then the term shouldn't exist.

 

You complain about everything being pre-built by the devs, but since it has as many or more ship models as any other game, I guess there are zero "sandboxes"?

  cura

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/24/04
Posts: 896

7/14/13 2:39:46 AM#26
I knew it has to be something bad
  Koroshiya

Elite Member

Joined: 6/18/05
Posts: 248

Live with love, and love will find you.

7/14/13 3:19:57 PM#27
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by Koroshiya

 

nothing in this game is permanent, nothing is really changed by the playerbase.  Its a theme park with carnival games.  There is nothing about the game is sandbox, sorry!  The housing is predetermined plots unlike SWG where you can pretty much build anywhere another city has not taken up.  Nothing in the game is player driven or created.  Sandboxes, even Sandparks have SOME player generated content.  Crafting RNG gear, placing plots on predetermined lots and open world pvp are not sandbox features.  Sandbox would be allowing a player to pick up a sword and get better with that sword, or a wand and a book and getting better at the skill they are using.

In this game you have Rifts class system with less options and the same amount of "alpha" classes that EVERYONE plays.  There is no diversity because being tied to stats and a level to be powerful.  I know you want it to be a Sandpark/box but it just isn't.  I did too. 

Please list me one feature that is considered a sandbox in this game.  NOTHING is player generated from scratch, it either has a dev decided spot to build, or a recipe you already had created for you by the devs, farmville is not sandbox either because if I cut down a tree, another one will eventually pop up in its place regardless if a human plants it.  I can't steal open world crops that are in a farm either, and I can't fully destroy anything just bring it down to its last upgrade point.

Nothing I do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world.

 

It seems like you are just being argumentative.

 

AA is more sandbox-y than 95% of MMO's out there, therefore calling it a themepark makes the term "themepark" pretty much meaningless.

If you build a house on a plot then I can't build one there myself.  Therefore "something you do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world".  Farmville isn't sandboxy?  Says you and... nobody.

 

And what about castles?  Their wall structure isn't pre-determined right?

 

Granted, Wurm Online is MORE "sandboxy" since your houses and fences are free-form and you can terraform and it's classless, but if ArcheAge isn't a "sandpark" then the term shouldn't exist.

 

You complain about everything being pre-built by the devs, but since it has as many or more ship models as any other game, I guess there are zero "sandboxes"?

it's not argumentative its stopping you people from selling the game as something its not so when players get into the game and are disappointed they all frigging leave in the first month.  Quit selling the game as something its not so people won't be pissed when they actually play it and find it outs NOTHING like what you guys here have been trying to sell it as: a Sandbox.

It isn't.  I do stand corrected though, I guess you could consider writing down a couple bars of music and being able to play it in game is sandbox.  So its a themepark with a sandbox music system.  Better now?  I think the more important question is, why are you wanting me to sell the game as something its not?

A sandbox is just that.  A big box of sand that you can mold and shape.  You can not mold and shape the Archeage world.  Sorry you think that sandbox just means more things to do, but it doesn't.   That doesn't mean it CANT have Theme park idea's in it, just means that at least a portion of the game should be designed in a way that the player can shape the world around him with things that affect the sandbox.

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

  dandurin

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/04
Posts: 476

7/14/13 6:59:34 PM#28
Originally posted by Koroshiya
.....

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

 

Not sure why you are so wound up about this semantic point.   Whenever I look around this forum I see people calling AA a sandpark not a sandbox.

 

The most I see is people saying it is "more sandboxy then mainstream MMOS".  I don't see the sales job here that you claim to see.

 

I don't even PLAY AA as it's not ported to NA yet, I just study the videos, player guides, and boards because I think I might try it when it comes out.

 

Having played Wurm Online, yes I am very much aware that there are games that are significantly more sandboxy than AA.

 

  Hrimnir

Elite Member

Joined: 5/24/10
Posts: 1206

7/14/13 7:01:34 PM#29
Originally posted by waterwarfare203

if your a crafter then archeage has a feature that other sandbox dont have.

Craft cars and then you can craft submarines!!!!!!! wooooo

lol take that. SUBMARINES!!! how cool is that? thats something no other mmo or sandbox has

http://feature.mmosite.com/archeage/2013-06-28/kr_july_patch_submarine_swimsuit_and_underwater_dungeon.shtml

Cars and submarines in a fantasy MMO? Yeah... ill pass

 

I swear the more and more i learn about the game the less i want to play it.  I will be honest, i had some desire to try this out due to the more sandboxy elements, but between posts ive read and that horrendous E3 video... /shudder

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

  Torcip

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/14/06
Posts: 637

7/14/13 7:09:06 PM#30
Submarines are cool and all, but do they not care at all about the integrity of the medieval fantasy world they are trying to create. It won't stop me from playing, but I do find it extremely disorienting and weird.
  Arzacane

Novice Member

Joined: 4/20/04
Posts: 24

7/14/13 7:09:52 PM#31
Originally posted by Hrimnir

Cars and submarines in a fantasy MMO? Yeah... ill pass

 

I swear the more and more i learn about the game the less i want to play it.  I will be honest, i had some desire to try this out due to the more sandboxy elements, but between posts ive read and that horrendous E3 video... /shudder

 

I have to agree with you here. If it's fantasy, it needs to stick to fantasy. When I first heard about AA I was excited, yet now they're putting in modern technology in a game that's supposed to be fantasy. It takes away from the feel and atmosphere that I like. They should just add chainguns and rocket launchers, as well as body armor and riot shields and go all out.

  Koroshiya

Elite Member

Joined: 6/18/05
Posts: 248

Live with love, and love will find you.

7/14/13 7:10:55 PM#32
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by Koroshiya
.....

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

 

Not sure why you are so wound up about this semantic point.   Whenever I look around this forum I see people calling AA a sandpark not a sandbox.

 

The most I see is people saying it is "more sandboxy then mainstream MMOS".  I don't see the sales job here that you claim to see.

 

I don't even PLAY AA as it's not ported to NA yet, I just study the videos, player guides, and boards because I think I might try it when it comes out.

 

Having played Wurm Online, yes I am very much aware that there are games that are significantly more sandboxy than AA.

 

nice try but no one is wound up, if you don't want to debate or talk about a subject then why bother posting in the forums at all?  Sorry if my thought out responses are too long and in depth for you to be able to read through but I am here for discussion, if you aren't and just want people to agree with you then you found the wrong poster =)

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

  SavageHorizon

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 1580

7/14/13 7:17:26 PM#33
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by Koroshiya
.....

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

 

Not sure why you are so wound up about this semantic point.   Whenever I look around this forum I see people calling AA a sandpark not a sandbox.

 

The most I see is people saying it is "more sandboxy then mainstream MMOS".  I don't see the sales job here that you claim to see.

 

I don't even PLAY AA as it's not ported to NA yet, I just study the videos, player guides, and boards because I think I might try it when it comes out.

 

Having played Wurm Online, yes I am very much aware that there are games that are significantly more sandboxy than AA.

 

WurmOnline isn't more sandboxy it is a sandbox mmo, as for Archeage its  a sandpark mmo .

 

So yeah I agree with you about Archeage which is a hybrid like Age of Wushu.

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
840 Series 250GB SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

  Tierless

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/01/08
Posts: 2117

joie de vivre

7/14/13 8:27:10 PM#34

I'm not kidding I think this made me like this game less...

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

  dandurin

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/04
Posts: 476

7/15/13 1:04:24 AM#35
Originally posted by Koroshiya
...

nice try but no one is wound up, if you don't want to debate or talk about a subject then why bother posting in the forums at all?  Sorry if my thought out responses are too long and in depth for you to be able to read through but I am here for discussion, if you aren't and just want people to agree with you then you found the wrong poster =)

The problem is your "thought out responses" include broadsides against imaginary enemies.

 

An MMO is sandbox-y to the extent that it embraces User Generated Content.

 

In mainstream MMOS, your toon itself is pretty much the only UCG.  In a tiny handful of MMO's you can alter almost everything about the world using fairly fine-grain building blocks.  

Everyone agrees that AA embraces UCG significantly more than the first kind, and significantly less than the 2nd kind.

 

I don't see anyone in this forum trying to mislead people, but feel free to identify posts you consider deceptive.

  dandurin

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/04
Posts: 476

7/15/13 1:22:55 AM#36
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

WurmOnline isn't more sandboxy it is a sandbox mmo, ....

...

 

This is a semantics thing that comes up a lot.

 

Some people use sandbox and themepark as binary terms, some use them as qualified terms

 

I think the 2nd camp (the camp that says a game can be "more sandbox-y" than another) is the useful camp.

 

This is because there are many different kinds of user generated content, and some games will grant more freedom in one area while other games will grant more freedom in another

 

ie, you can't terraform in Ultima Online or Eve, does that mean they are not sandboxes?

 

You can make a 3D multi-level underground maze in Minecraft, but you can't in Wurm Online.  So is Wurm Online not a sandbox?

 

You can only build houses in certain places in Darkfall, does that make it a themepark?

 

 

  Goriom

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 8

7/18/13 2:45:31 PM#37
Originally posted by Arzacane
Originally posted by Hrimnir

Cars and submarines in a fantasy MMO? Yeah... ill pass

 

I swear the more and more i learn about the game the less i want to play it.  I will be honest, i had some desire to try this out due to the more sandboxy elements, but between posts ive read and that horrendous E3 video... /shudder

 

I have to agree with you here. If it's fantasy, it needs to stick to fantasy. When I first heard about AA I was excited, yet now they're putting in modern technology in a game that's supposed to be fantasy. It takes away from the feel and atmosphere that I like. They should just add chainguns and rocket launchers, as well as body armor and riot shields and go all out.

It is not just a fantasy game... It is also steam punk.  Sorry you can't have yet another generic fantasy MMO.  Sorry you don't like the steam punk aspect of the game that has been in since day 1.  SORRY!

  Goriom

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 8

7/18/13 2:47:10 PM#38
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

WurmOnline isn't more sandboxy it is a sandbox mmo, ....

...

 

This is a semantics thing that comes up a lot.

 

Some people use sandbox and themepark as binary terms, some use them as qualified terms

 

I think the 2nd camp (the camp that says a game can be "more sandbox-y" than another) is the useful camp.

 

This is because there are many different kinds of user generated content, and some games will grant more freedom in one area while other games will grant more freedom in another

 

ie, you can't terraform in Ultima Online or Eve, does that mean they are not sandboxes?

 

You can make a 3D multi-level underground maze in Minecraft, but you can't in Wurm Online.  So is Wurm Online not a sandbox?

 

You can only build houses in certain places in Darkfall, does that make it a themepark?

 

 

Nothing you say is going to change his mind.  That's why I stopped responding to him.  It seems like no matter how many times I told him the game is a hybrid "sandpark" he would just go on a rant about how the game is not a sandbox...

I would give up trying to get through to him, it will save you a lot of time and energy. 

  dandurin

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/04
Posts: 476

7/19/13 2:22:12 PM#39
Originally posted by Goriom
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

WurmOnline isn't more sandboxy it is a sandbox mmo, ....

...

 

This is a semantics thing that comes up a lot.

 .....

Nothing you say is going to change his mind.  That's why I stopped responding to him.  It seems like no matter how many times I told him the game is a hybrid "sandpark" he would just go on a rant about how the game is not a sandbox...

I would give up trying to get through to him, it will save you a lot of time and energy. 

Did you mean to quote this post?  I agree with your sentiment but SavageHorizon is a different person from Koroshiya.

  Goriom

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/13
Posts: 8

7/19/13 2:49:44 PM#40
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by Goriom
Originally posted by dandurin
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

WurmOnline isn't more sandboxy it is a sandbox mmo, ....

...

 

This is a semantics thing that comes up a lot.

 .....

Nothing you say is going to change his mind.  That's why I stopped responding to him.  It seems like no matter how many times I told him the game is a hybrid "sandpark" he would just go on a rant about how the game is not a sandbox...

I would give up trying to get through to him, it will save you a lot of time and energy. 

Did you mean to quote this post?  I agree with your sentiment but SavageHorizon is a different person from Koroshiya.

Yes it seems as though I have indeed misquoted.  Thanks for pointing it out =p 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search