Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,771 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,243
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

The Pub at MMORPG.COM  » Greed Monger switches back to Unity and Forums get Removed!

15 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last Search
284 posts found
  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 11:43:14 AM#121
Originally posted by Talonsin
Originally posted by Mogus

Bill,

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring.  

This is exactly why I personally think you are a D-Bag Jason.  If you had no intention of taking legal action then why did you bring it up AND reference examples?  Of course, your lack of management ability is also a factor in my assumption of your intelligence level.  Seriously, you posted all these reasons why Unity was bad and had to move to Hero and then you move back?  You ask for $30k on Kick, get $90K, sell out on plots and THEN you come back asking for more money because you have lack financial management ability and did not properly plan for what you actually needed? 

The truth is, most people here dont honestly believe you are running with the money.  I am sure you are working on an actual product but I would also bet money your backers will be sorely disappointed in the released product and it will get universally bad reviews at launch.  Not due to the coders but to your lack of management ability.  Perhaps you would be better off selling sex enhancment pills again or running for governor of Ohio.  I would personally vote for you.  You are not any worse than the officials we have in office now.

 

 

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

  Jayaris

Novice Member

Joined: 9/05/08
Posts: 340

Hi

4/04/13 11:43:29 AM#122

I don't know about you guys, but to me Jason Appleton comes off like a very sincereintelligent, and responsible young woman. I think his family is lucky to have him. 

Thank God, that people like him exist. 

(Reverse everything in bold). 

Hi

  Jayaris

Novice Member

Joined: 9/05/08
Posts: 340

Hi

4/04/13 11:45:20 AM#123
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
Originally posted by Talonsin
Originally posted by Mogus

Bill,

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring.  

This is exactly why I personally think you are a D-Bag Jason.  If you had no intention of taking legal action then why did you bring it up AND reference examples?  Of course, your lack of management ability is also a factor in my assumption of your intelligence level.  Seriously, you posted all these reasons why Unity was bad and had to move to Hero and then you move back?  You ask for $30k on Kick, get $90K, sell out on plots and THEN you come back asking for more money because you have lack financial management ability and did not properly plan for what you actually needed? 

The truth is, most people here dont honestly believe you are running with the money.  I am sure you are working on an actual product but I would also bet money your backers will be sorely disappointed in the released product and it will get universally bad reviews at launch.  Not due to the coders but to your lack of management ability.  Perhaps you would be better off selling sex enhancment pills again or running for governor of Ohio.  I would personally vote for you.  You are not any worse than the officials we have in office now.

 

 

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

"Hi Bill, I'm sure you don't need me to cite sources. But, defamation is a very serious crime, and though I understand you want to respect your board members you must also recognize that their behaviour is simply unacceptable."

Edit : Put plainly, Jason Appleton is a tactless clown.

Hi

  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 7/19/06
Posts: 1039

4/04/13 11:48:58 AM#124
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour 

 

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

Can you explain to me how you can site legal cases and describe defamation without actually implying you are going to sue me over it?

 

On to your question, I can not explain it to you unless you point me to the exact spot where MMORPG.com made a remark about Jason that was untrue.  You see, MMORPG did not make any false comments that I am aware of, individual posters have done that NOT MMORPG.com to my knowledge, but if you can point me to those comments, I will try adjust my prespective a bit.

 

  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 11:49:33 AM#125
Originally posted by Jayaris
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
Originally posted by Talonsin
Originally posted by Mogus

Bill,

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring.  

This is exactly why I personally think you are a D-Bag Jason.  If you had no intention of taking legal action then why did you bring it up AND reference examples?  Of course, your lack of management ability is also a factor in my assumption of your intelligence level.  Seriously, you posted all these reasons why Unity was bad and had to move to Hero and then you move back?  You ask for $30k on Kick, get $90K, sell out on plots and THEN you come back asking for more money because you have lack financial management ability and did not properly plan for what you actually needed? 

The truth is, most people here dont honestly believe you are running with the money.  I am sure you are working on an actual product but I would also bet money your backers will be sorely disappointed in the released product and it will get universally bad reviews at launch.  Not due to the coders but to your lack of management ability.  Perhaps you would be better off selling sex enhancment pills again or running for governor of Ohio.  I would personally vote for you.  You are not any worse than the officials we have in office now.

 

 

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

"Hi Bill, I'm sure you don't need me to cite sources. But, defamation is a very serious crime, and though I understand you want to respect your board members you must also recognize that their behaviour is simply unacceptable."

Edit : Put plainly, Jason Appleton is a tactless clown.

 

However, Bill evidently did not know it otherwise he wouldn't allow it, so it was a courtesy to link sources, was it not?

  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 11:53:31 AM#126
Originally posted by Talonsin
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour 

 

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

Can you explain to me how you can site legal cases and describe defamation without actually implying you are going to sue me over it?

 

On to your question, I can not explain it to you unless you point me to the exact spot where MMORPG.com made a remark about Jason that was untrue.  You see, MMORPG did not make any false comments that I am aware of, individual posters have done that NOT MMORPG.com to my knowledge, but if you can point me to those comments, I will try adjust my prespective a bit.

 

 

That's a two-edged sword, which is my point. To properly inform comes off as a threat. That's exactly what happened.

 

Noone except Jason knows his true intentions. The rest of us can only guess. 

 

Edit: Reading the links, the entities being sued where the actual posters, never the forums.  So MMORPG.com could at best imagine themselves being sued as some form of accessory. 

  Jacxolope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 743

4/04/13 12:00:33 PM#127

-So how many people has this idiot threatened now?

Jason, you seriously are one of a kind... Quite frankly, a little bitch. I hope your backers sue the HELL out of you.

  User Deleted
4/04/13 12:07:12 PM#128
Although GM sounds like a great idea, I simply decided not to back the project because I thought he didn't have enough experience in game development.  I didn't have much else to say about it except that I wish them well.  Some people feel a need to launch a crusade to save the world though lol.
  GreenHell

Novice Member

Joined: 11/27/05
Posts: 1341

4/04/13 12:07:37 PM#129
This thread is a perfect example of why some people should hire someone else to do their PR. So many things that should have never been said.
  Abdiell

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/28/08
Posts: 101

4/04/13 12:07:57 PM#130
Originally posted by Mogus

Bill,

 I have to say that I'm saddened by your postings here.

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring. I understand that such things are great for page views and thus advertising revenue, but the intention of my email was to simply remove the slandering and defaming posts from this site that the people who created them continued to post in other mediums.

One of these cases I presented in that email was this one:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Another such case is this one: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awards-13-million-texas-defamation-suit-anonymous/story?id=16194071#.UV2SyVeReSo

The fact is, slander and defamation are a big deal. You simply can't run around hiding behind anonymous usernames while spreading lies and falshoods about people in efforts to damage their reputation and or business. There is a difference between saying "His game is awful!" to "hes a liar and a scammer taking your money and running!"

Now, contrary to what some may say, I've made many efforts to make ammends with those who have slandered and or defamed me with no basis whatsoever but that didnt work. I talked to a lawyer about it and he simply said, take screenshots of everything, ask for it to be removed, (which it all was) and then if people persist in their actions, we go from there. I don't want to have to resort to legal action against anyone, but from what I've seen, people really think that their geographic location or anonyminity will protect them.

I wrote a letter the other day that my community manager is preparing to publish today applauding mmorpg.com for their quick reaction to my requests, but to find these posts from you Bill, I have to say I'm dissappointed. As a primary medium for MMORPG gaming, I'd like to think that this site would be more interested in taking an active stance against slander and defamation instead of defending it and encouraging it.

I am not a faceless corporation. I am a man, developing a game with others and have been attacked, lied about, slandered and defamed personally by members of this site. I also have a day job in finance and a family of 5 that depend on me and my livlihood to support them. Personal attacks on my honesty, integrity and the like cause more damage than just swaying people to not support my game. It's damaging to me personally and financially with my day job as well. This is the difference between trolling me, an independent developer and a corporation. It's not about "having thick skin" or "sucking it up with trolls". It's about feeding my children and paying my mortage and not having to worry about some anonymous people on the internet spreading terrible lies about me to serve themselves.

The message is clear from here on, I simply can't and won't sit idle and let this activity continue. Say whatever you like about the game. Hate it, love it, whatever, but when it comes to me and members of my team who are all working very hard on this game, keep to the facts.

That's all I have to say about this.

Thank you.

 

LMFAO. You sure think a lot of yourself. The link you posted about a defamation lawsuit was in regards to a couple that lost millions of dollars in assets because they were falsely accused of, and tried for rape. They went through REAL anguish. What you are complaining about isn't even in the same universe my friend.

 

Get a grip on reality, stop posting contradicting information, and give backers what you promised. You do that, and there wont be so much deserved criticism.

 

Oh ya, and the best way to piss of the interwebz is to feed us bullshit and call it cake. Trying to pretend you are not threating suit is just insulting to the intelligence of even the most meager troll. You are obvious sir, and you scare no one.

  Jacxolope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 743

4/04/13 12:12:20 PM#131
Originally posted by Abdiell
Originally posted by Mogus

Bill,

 I have to say that I'm saddened by your postings here.

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring. I understand that such things are great for page views and thus advertising revenue, but the intention of my email was to simply remove the slandering and defaming posts from this site that the people who created them continued to post in other mediums.

One of these cases I presented in that email was this one:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Another such case is this one: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awards-13-million-texas-defamation-suit-anonymous/story?id=16194071#.UV2SyVeReSo

The fact is, slander and defamation are a big deal. You simply can't run around hiding behind anonymous usernames while spreading lies and falshoods about people in efforts to damage their reputation and or business. There is a difference between saying "His game is awful!" to "hes a liar and a scammer taking your money and running!"

Now, contrary to what some may say, I've made many efforts to make ammends with those who have slandered and or defamed me with no basis whatsoever but that didnt work. I talked to a lawyer about it and he simply said, take screenshots of everything, ask for it to be removed, (which it all was) and then if people persist in their actions, we go from there. I don't want to have to resort to legal action against anyone, but from what I've seen, people really think that their geographic location or anonyminity will protect them.

I wrote a letter the other day that my community manager is preparing to publish today applauding mmorpg.com for their quick reaction to my requests, but to find these posts from you Bill, I have to say I'm dissappointed. As a primary medium for MMORPG gaming, I'd like to think that this site would be more interested in taking an active stance against slander and defamation instead of defending it and encouraging it.

I am not a faceless corporation. I am a man, developing a game with others and have been attacked, lied about, slandered and defamed personally by members of this site. I also have a day job in finance and a family of 5 that depend on me and my livlihood to support them. Personal attacks on my honesty, integrity and the like cause more damage than just swaying people to not support my game. It's damaging to me personally and financially with my day job as well. This is the difference between trolling me, an independent developer and a corporation. It's not about "having thick skin" or "sucking it up with trolls". It's about feeding my children and paying my mortage and not having to worry about some anonymous people on the internet spreading terrible lies about me to serve themselves.

The message is clear from here on, I simply can't and won't sit idle and let this activity continue. Say whatever you like about the game. Hate it, love it, whatever, but when it comes to me and members of my team who are all working very hard on this game, keep to the facts.

That's all I have to say about this.

Thank you.

 

LMFAO. You sure think a lot of yourself. The link you posted about a defamation lawsuit was in regards to a couple that lost millions of dollars in assets because they were falsely accused of, and tried for rape. They went through REAL anguish. What you are complaining about isn't even in the same universe my friend.

 

Get a grip on reality, stop posting contradicting information, and give backers what you promised. You do that, and there wont be so much deserved criticism.

 

Oh ya, and the best way to piss of the interwebz is to feed us bullshit and call it cake. Trying to pretend you are not threating suit is just insulting to the intelligence of even the most meager troll. You are obvious sir, and you scare no one.

The best part is where he says "I was going to have my community manager write a glowing statement about MMORPG's handling of this , blah...blah...blah"

Well MMORPG- You fucked up BIG TIME. No glowing letter for you. 

LOLOLOLOLOL

  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 12:18:39 PM#132
Originally posted by Abdiell
Originally posted by Mogus

(...)

 

LMFAO. You sure think a lot of yourself. The link you posted about a defamation lawsuit was in regards to a couple that lost millions of dollars in assets because they were falsely accused of, and tried for rape. They went through REAL anguish. What you are complaining about isn't even in the same universe my friend.

 

Get a grip on reality, stop posting contradicting information, and give backers what you promised. You do that, and there wont be so much deserved criticism.

 

Oh ya, and the best way to piss of the interwebz is to feed us bullshit and call it cake. Trying to pretend you are not threating suit is just insulting to the intelligence of even the most meager troll. You are obvious sir, and you scare no one.

So you would rather want him to gamble and hope that defamation does not affect his real life income severely? Because there is no point in trying to prevent a car crash before it actually happens, right?

  gotha

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/13/05
Posts: 1042

4/04/13 12:19:44 PM#133
Originally posted by Mogus

So in other words, you think the site could and maybe should be sued for slander, and have talked to a lawyer about it and told this site so, but you're not actually directly threatening to sue the site just yet?  Yeah, that clarifies things.  < /sarcasm>

If you wanted to make it clear that you weren't threatening to sue, then you'd have said something to the effect that under no circumstances would you sue mmorpg.com for what random forum members say.  But you didn't, and that speaks volumes.

I won't go into further details on this matter publicly. Assume whatever you'd like. I've made my point.

Thanks.

Slander in the US requires you to prove the person is purposely telling lies about you.  I can say anything I want as long as I believe it. Its on you to prove I dont believe,   not on me to prove I do.  Your lawyer will probably not go any further than a few threats and then consider it not worth his time to pursue.  

 

  Sovrath

Elite Member

Joined: 1/06/05
Posts: 17080

4/04/13 12:24:52 PM#134

The really sad part about all this is that it's just not the way to handle it.

One can't make themselves seem likea great company or make it so that their product is perceived as great simply by trying to stifle any dissenting opinions.

The way to change opinions is to simply be clear, concise and even more... be great.

Act great. Figure out what you need to do to get the message across that you ARE great.

If someone accuses you or your company of something that is not true then address their concern, show evidence and if that doesn't work then indicate that "you have tried to present examples that show that their accusations are not correct but clearly don't have sufficient examples to assuage any fears therefore they will be put on a special mailing list so that when additional information is made available they will be among the first to know."

If it's  a group then invite them to a special presentation addressing their concerrns with examples.

It's not possible to pleas everyone but it is possible to be straightforward and honest and lead by example.

ONe of the things I believe in, especially in my job and in my "other vocation" is that I don't ask anyone to do anything that I don't do myself.

I essentially believe in living by example. This way no one can ever accuse you of not walking the walk.

I think more developers need to stop talking and let those who can talk to the public take over.

  Skymourne

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/12/11
Posts: 358

4/04/13 12:25:49 PM#135
What a load of hot garbage.  This is like Jay and Silent Bob going on their crusade to stop other people from saying bad things about them on the internet.  Not one poster on this forums is any threat to this guy.  His ego is damaged.  That's about it.  
  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 7/19/06
Posts: 1039

4/04/13 12:27:13 PM#136
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour 

 

Edit: Reading the links, the entities being sued where the actual posters, never the forums.  So MMORPG.com could at best imagine themselves being sued as some form of accessory. 

I didnt see anything in those readings where the hosting company of the blogs or any forum owners were even mentioned in the suits.  I understand Jason getting mad about a POSTER making false statements and asking for it to be removed but to think that he has any legal position against MMORPG is idiotic at best and just reinforces the public opinion that he is emotionally immature and has issues controlling his temper, much like a small child.  This can be seen again and again in his postings, I want to be governor, I am selling sex pills, I want to make a MMO, I want to use Unity because it is the bomb, Unity is bad so now I want Hero, Hero is bad now I want Unity, I need kickstarter to raise money but I didnt plan well and now I need to go back for more money, the game will be free, the game will be sub-based.  Lets be honest and admit that he makes decisions very rashly and without much thought or research. 

  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 12:27:31 PM#137
Originally posted by Sovrath

The really sad part about all this is that it's just not the way to handle it.

One can't make themselves seem likea great company or make it so that their product is perceived as great simply by trying to stifle any dissenting opinions.

The way to change opinions is to simply be clear, concise and even more... be great.

Act great. Figure out what you need to do to get the message across that you ARE great.

If someone accuses you or your company of something that is not true then address their concern, show evidence and if that doesn't work then indicate that "you have tried to present examples that show that their accusations are not correct but clearly don't have sufficient examples to assuage any fears therefore they will be put on a special mailing list so that when additional information is made available they will be among the first to know."

If it's  a group then invite them to a special presentation addressing their concerrns with examples.

It's not possible to pleas everyone but it is possible to be straightforward and honest and lead by example.

ONe of the things I believe in, especially in my job and in my "other vocation" is that I don't ask anyone to do anything that I don't do myself.

I essentially believe in living by example. This way no one can ever accuse you of not walking the walk.

I think more developers need to stop talking and let those who can talk to the public take over.

 

Except that takes time and it doesn't make defamation okay in the first place. 

  Jacxolope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 743

4/04/13 12:27:54 PM#138
Originally posted by gotha
Originally posted by Mogus

So in other words, you think the site could and maybe should be sued for slander, and have talked to a lawyer about it and told this site so, but you're not actually directly threatening to sue the site just yet?  Yeah, that clarifies things.  < /sarcasm>

If you wanted to make it clear that you weren't threatening to sue, then you'd have said something to the effect that under no circumstances would you sue mmorpg.com for what random forum members say.  But you didn't, and that speaks volumes.

I won't go into further details on this matter publicly. Assume whatever you'd like. I've made my point.

Thanks.

Slander in the US requires you to prove the person is purposely telling lies about you.  I can say anything I want as long as I believe it. Its on you to prove I dont believe,   not on me to prove I do.  Your lawyer will probably not go any further than a few threats and then consider it not worth his time to pursue.  

 

THIS-

Not to mention once you become a "Public Figure" things chaamnge as well- Look at all the posts about Obama (and before him Bush)- About the Koch Brothers, actors, actresses and CEOs of every company.

-Slander and defamation requires intentional lies which hurt ones income/reputation... I.e. Someone who would say "Jaxalope was charged with the crime of X in 2009" - The I will SUE YOU!!!!!

This dude goes around threatening everyone. If he ever did win that bid for Governer he would have the national Guard attacking News Outlets for reporting the news...Ususally people like this (who threaten legal action at every turn) really are fraudsters and shady individuals.

The funny thing is, he sat here and ARGUED with people - saying that by changing Engines he "Kew what he was doing and it wasnt wasting time nor money" and NOW he switches back (the people he was arguing with were 100% right and called it)

  TwoThreeFour

Novice Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 2148

4/04/13 12:29:36 PM#139
Originally posted by Talonsin
Originally posted by TwoThreeFour 

 

Edit: Reading the links, the entities being sued where the actual posters, never the forums.  So MMORPG.com could at best imagine themselves being sued as some form of accessory. 

I didnt see anything in those readings where the hosting company of the blogs or any forum owners were even mentioned in the suits.  I understand Jason getting mad about a POSTER making false statements and asking for it to be removed but to think that he has any legal position against MMORPG is idiotic at best and just reinforces the public opinion that he is emotionally immature and has issues controlling his temper, much like a small child.  This can be seen again and again in his postings, I want to be governor, I am selling sex pills, I want to make a MMO, I want to use Unity because it is the bomb, Unity is bad so now I want Hero, Hero is bad now I want Unity, I need kickstarter to raise money but I didnt plan well and now I need to go back for more money, the game will be free, the game will be sub-based.  Lets be honest and admit that he makes decisions very rashly and without much thought or research. 

Jason stated that he never intended to take legal action against MMORPG.com. So you are actually angry over something Jason claimed he didn't do. 

  Mogus

Novice Member

Joined: 5/21/04
Posts: 176

4/04/13 12:30:46 PM#140
Originally posted by gotha
Originally posted by Mogus

So in other words, you think the site could and maybe should be sued for slander, and have talked to a lawyer about it and told this site so, but you're not actually directly threatening to sue the site just yet?  Yeah, that clarifies things.  < /sarcasm>

If you wanted to make it clear that you weren't threatening to sue, then you'd have said something to the effect that under no circumstances would you sue mmorpg.com for what random forum members say.  But you didn't, and that speaks volumes.

I won't go into further details on this matter publicly. Assume whatever you'd like. I've made my point.

Thanks.

Slander in the US requires you to prove the person is purposely telling lies about you.  I can say anything I want as long as I believe it. Its on you to prove I dont believe,   not on me to prove I do.  Your lawyer will probably not go any further than a few threats and then consider it not worth his time to pursue.  

 

I think you should read the details of those cases.

You are mistaken. Accusations without proof will get you into trouble.

 

www.greedmonger.com
Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

15 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last Search