|3 posts found|
2/25/13 1:42:56 PM#1
Can someone help me? I thought that I could find these things google but I do not speak English at all, so it is difficult. I translated the text with google. Me and my clan we thank you for the help.
The things that occupy me:
- Quick Travel, do you think this game has fast travel? Can I create portals through which I walk, or I press the button and teleport to a place? Or do I actually travel on foot / boat / plane if I want to place?
- If I kill another player, whether as something to awards? Can I loot money?
- Is the game instanced or whether the dungeons are open to all if you want to go hunting for monsters? How about servers, are they instances? Compare to SWTOR for example.
- How long does it take to get a character level of 50?
- Is the game only PvP servers?
Do you think that the game is anything like the UO? I liked the game a lot. :)
Thank you so much.
2/25/13 2:06:03 PM#2
Originally posted by Chakrafi
I added colors (1,2,3,4,5) to help with the questions.
(1) no easy quick travel. Walk, Glide, or take airships or boats. Teleport stones are limited and crafted (see post below).
(2) Can't loot money, but stolen goods are yours to keep, from unprotected housing. The owner may report you (internal game mechanic), however, and if you do it enough times, you'll go to prison. If you are transporting goods for profit, the goods can be stolen if you are killed, or your ship sunk.
(3) The world is seemless, unlike SWTOR - no loading screens. Dungeons are reported to be instanced, like flashpoints in SWTOR or dungeons in WoW. Servers are static so you know your peers .. or you will know them soon.
(4) From reviews, from players who play hard-core, not long. Weeks. For people who can't play often, longer .. much longer, months?
(5) The game is PVP AND PVE ... you can do just PVE stuff normally, but beyond level 30 you are subjected to PVP, in contested zones. You can still PVE, but you will need to live in a PVE community who protects each other, if it's in a lv 30+ area.
Same-faction player kills and item / crop / livestock stealings are possible, but not within your property limits. [Contested houses can/might be destroyed (need confirmation of this, I saw something about it last year, not sure if it was nixxed).]
A lot of trading happen's in contested areas, so the possibility of getting killed and your cargo stolen exists. Risk vs Reward. Your personal gear and achievements can't be touched, although a cargo loss can be expensive to your virtual pocket. [In SWTOR terms, losing cargo valued at 5,000,000 credits would be disasterous, if you were trying to haul a full (ship) boat instead of just a couple packages valued at 5,000 credits].
edit: changes to (1) just so misinformation is not spread. There is quick travel, but it's not unlimited (has to be worked for).
2/25/13 4:52:45 PM#3
(1) There IS quick travel. It requires that a player travels to a point first and 'bookmark' it. And then requires a 'Travel' stone to open the portal. The stone used to travel was removed from vendors in a recent patch, and is now crafted only.
Here is a player using Portals to banish Bots - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aPIN2eozL8c
(2) Only items carried in the special 'back' slot are dropped on player death. Refined Resource Packages, Trade Packages, Land Claim tokens for the northern continent, and similar. Raw resources and bag contents are not dropped. There is a PvP currency 'Honor' that is used to buy a special mount, or certain Blueprints.
Here is a video with some PvP and Trade Package looting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX1yeZ4t20
(3) Dungeons are the only instanced feature, The only 'loading' screens would be for quick travel, death, dungeon entrances. Players will never be in a Tatooine1 or Tatooine2 as SWTOR does, all maps are unified.
The Dungeons themselves are small goup, 3 player for some, and are reported to be so-so for XP, coin and only the final boss drops loot players care about. They are more there for fun, and not grinding.