|4 posts found|
OP 10/24/12 5:53:53 PM#1
Been thinking about all the MMO's I have played, some of the massive highlights and also some of the low lights. I think I started this thread as a means of therapy!
My ten years playing MMO in chronological order.
E&B, Jumpgate and Neocron all come with fond memories.
I have left Guild Wars 2 out of the list as I am really enjoying it but think its unfair to rate right now.
Currently watching progress on the new Darkfall.
The Sandbox Foundation does not exist!
10/24/12 8:11:27 PM#2
lets see if i can remember.....
EQ launch up to just before luclin (~2 years) great game.
AO a few months at launch. Couldnt get into it.
DAOC Launch up to just before TOA (~2 years). Great game
EQ 2 a few months at launch. Game just want very good. Should of been much better.
WOW launch to about a year. Great game, quit when it became a raid fest.
LOTRO a few months at launch. Was tired of endgame raiding didnt really give it much of a chance.
WAR a few months at launch. WTF happened here!!!
5 years or so i didnt play any mmo's.
RIFT 1 day. Looked like the same old same old.
GW2 launch to now. Its a good game, but i think i need a full revolution.
ill be quite honest, nothing has really changed much since eq. bait and switch over and over again. I guess its a good thing mmo developers arent in charge of any technology we actually need . Wed never get it.
OP 10/24/12 9:29:00 PM#3
I forgot about EQ, will be watching.
Seriously laughed at your WAR comment. I think I spent my first 2 weeks just muttering no,no,no,no,no.....still have trouble even looking at the games box.
I would be more than happy with a Vanguard done really well with GW2 combat
Hard Core Member
"Antherea Online will see the light, eventually"
10/24/12 9:33:55 PM#4
hmmm let me see: (not in chronological order unfortunately i cant remember)
1. WoW (WoTLK was a pain in the ass for leveling, Cata was softer)
2. Lineage II (couldnt take the grind for loot, leveling and crafting materials)
3. Luna Online (morbidly kawai)
4. Aion (it looked nice until i saw it had instanced zones and i couldnt fly everywhere)
5. ARGO (i expected more of this one)
6. Perfect World (it was shit)
7. EVE Online (I LOVE IT!, if only i could pay the sub, i have to keep jumping from trial to trial and had two 1 month accounts, if i can get a job i would play it subbed, expect to hear the 15 dollars excuse, but guys, i dont live in USA)
8. Shores of Hazeron (i like it so far, dunno but recently i've gotten some interest in indie projects, this one es pretty nice taking in account that it's a one man project. the only issue right now is some crashes but i have an stable empire, and expecting to get to good technology level in order to fly to another solar system).
well, that's my story, im looking forward to titles like Archeage (if it comes F2P), The Repopulation, basically im the Sandboxy player(to be honest i expect a virtual universe, not a game).