New Features for '12!
- New Ghost Hunter competitions in Commonlands and Antonica!
- New version of the “Nights of the Dead Devotee” quest rewards a dedicated jack-o-lantern pet!
- Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Skyshrine, Withered Lands, Qeynos and Freeport undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
- New illusions added to the Gigglegibber Goblin unpredictable illusion costume.
- New costume illusions available from holiday merchants.
- New rewards for some of the old Nights of the Dead Events!
- "The Haunting" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: bristly spinner
- "This Won't End Well..." (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: Ghoulish Night Banner
- "There Will Be Ghosts" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: carrion beetle
- "A Nightmarish Return" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Hollow Banner of the Hedge
- "Train to Zone!" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choices: Scare Crow & Cave Spider Plushie
- "Survive the Night" (Repeatable annually) - New reward choice: Moldering Mummy Wrap armor set
- New house items sold by Nights of the Dead Merchant.
- New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead V" available from holiday merchants.
- Haunted house in Qeynos and Freeport.
- Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
- Decorations in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Gorowyn, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, New Halas, Maj'Dul and Thurgadin Harbor in Great Divide.
- Nights of the Dead celebrators in the player cities that give the background to the festivities.
- Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
- Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains that is accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
- Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest.
- vampire lore and Legend book attainable within the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion.
- Undead and creepy crawlie beasts drop "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) as loot. It can either be exchanged for event coin, sold to merchants for coin, or used in tradeskilling.
- Tradeskillers get to create holiday flavored clothing and house items using the "Nights of the Dead treats" as ingredients.
- Players can purchase costume illusions from holiday merchants.
- Neriak has some decorations at the docks, New Foreign Quarter & tradeskill area. They are smashable jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. This is the only zone that has them!
- Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest! Accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
- The “Survive the Night” quest, featuring the flora versus undead zone, offered by Setri Lur'eth in Nektulos Forest.
- Holiday collection "The Hollow Hedge Collection" found within the Haunted Hedgemaze.
- Triggered skeletons (a calcified skeleton) in Nektulos Forest spawn at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
- In-game mail to inform everyone of the event! (and contains the Nights of the Dead Devotee quest offer item.)
This event content is currently set to run 10/11/12 through 11/05/12 on the live servers.
Moldering Mummy Wrap armor set looks like this
EQNext press http://EQ3Wire.com
EQ2: Freeport server
GW2: Stormbluff Isle