Trending Games | Trove | Darkest Dungeon | Elder Scrolls Online | Skyforge

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,771,354 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,164
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

The Pub at MMORPG.COM  » [Ask Me Anything] I've bought in-game currency before, and I still have a soul. Go figure...

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
100 posts found
  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:00:42 AM#41
Originally posted by Icewhite

What...oh, yeah, it's Saturday.  Never mind, my bad for poking my nose in this thread.  Forgive me everyone, sorry, sorry.

The more people in the thread, the more likely there will be rational minds and reasonable thinking.

 

As opposed to all of the kids stuck at Level 2 in moral development.

Man, those last 2 levels are such a grind...

  GrayGhost79

Novice Member

Joined: 8/30/08
Posts: 4888

10/06/12 6:06:05 AM#42
Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
Originally posted by Icewhite
How much can I get for this [soul], on the auction house?

Since everyone is end-game level, it'll be 10k gold.

It's only actually worth 10 silver (it sells for 5 silver at a vendor) and it's only worthwhile to level 7's, but since everyone has a level 100 alt, it's 10k gold.

 

What can I say? It's obviously the fault of gold farmers.

Can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to you again but here goes my last attempt at helping you out.

Lets take FFXI for example, bots camp and farm NM's. This for 1) Deprives normal players from the opportunity of killing and getting the rare item that can drop and 2) Makes the gold sellers the only source of the item.  Since they are the only source they charge out rageous prices.

Now if you are half as intellegent as you think you are you can clearly see how this is a problem for players. Bots controlled by RMT groups you are advocating destroyed the economy in that game beyond repair.

They do this sort of tactic in one shape or form in every game they infest. This is on top of the phishing scams and account hacks.

 

Everything that happens has an effect on the things around it whether it is a major or minor effect it has an effect.

Look at GW2, the bots have caused the developers to turn up the DR system which in turns effects and hampers the enjoyment of normal players. Look at fishing in FFXI, the bots caused the developers to randomly spawn higher level mobs in areas that people fished in which made it so you had to be certain levels to fish in certain areas.

 

Gold sellers have a negative impact on a game whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant because this is a fact. Supporting these gold sellers makes you part of the problem.

 

If you aren't a kid sit back and take a look at the big picture. Look beyond your nose and think about all the other players being affected by gold sellers and bots. I can sit here for hours listing off all the games that have been negatively affected by gold sellers even just in terms of their bots.

 

 

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:07:25 AM#43
Originally posted by Omnifish
Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
Originally posted by Omnifish

Hmmm...

Most of that gold you buy, isn't from hardworking fellows grinding for it, it's from account steals.

Here's how it works: Player A on server B buys gold from Suppiler C.  Supplier C never keeps gold on any characters, or has tons of people working on it.  What they do have is lists of people who ordered gold before, through their site and their servers and most importantly emails.  They'll then try and find one for Server B and use the login details that person uses for their site as a WoW login, (most people use the same login details).

The other angle and the more despicable side is guild site farming.  So if we take the scenerio from before, the suppiler will start looking for guilds on server B. When he's found some, he'll go to there guildsites, he'll grab all of the email address of the directory, (which isn't difficult to do), put together a phising mail and start sending them out hoping to get lucky, i.e. that someone will either give the password or try and login to a premade phising site which spits out the login details to notepad.

In both cases the objective is to strip the stolen account of assets to then supply Player A with the gold they ordered.

I don't know if you work for these companies or if you genuinely are someone whose bought gold and never thought about it from another perspective, but whatever justification you give to yourself you are benefiting from stealing. 

If you actually knew about obtaining gold, then you would know you get far more gold grinding and multi-boxing for hours on end, than trying a resource-heavy, low-gold-getting, account phishing process.

A steady form of multi-box grind can give you quite a lot of gold. A lot more than hacking and selling crappy accounts.

 

I imagine you are only pretending to know how it works, based on random assumptions and bits of pieces of non-info you found on poorly written forum posts from others who have the same evidence-gathering skills as yourself.

 

What's even more sad is how you completely ignore the main purpose of the OP argument. High level players grinding for gold en mass destroys economy and gameplay far far greater than a minute amount of botters ever will.

Hillarious.

You clearly have no idea how to make any money in a game like WoW, (and why would you? You buy all your gold).  Multiboxing is poor compared to playing the markets and carving a niche for yourself as a supplier.  That's not the issue here though.

 'High level players grinding for money sinks, (put in by a developer), are terrible for an in game economy', where said developer can create money at a whim and it's completely player driven?

See the problem there? If someone like you buy gold on mass and pay stupid prices for things, prices go up.  Which screws up everyone else because it's an artifical inflation. I get it, your selfish, you don't give a shit as long as you get a shiny.  But you may do, if your short a month or your buddy in China can't strip an account dry for you.

I'd imagine your either an employee for one of these companies or your just a clueless jobby who thinks he knows better then everyone whose been around this industry for a little while.  

How do I know this? Because I used to work for one of the biggest companies in this, 'industry', so I know pretty much all of the methods and pretty much all of them are shitty. Some companies do grind the gold, but those are shifty at best, (terrible conditions for workers, long hours etc), and even they use account hacks as well. I know this because I've been to these places.

Nice try but you picked the wrong target.

Do you know how to read? I have quite a few posts here, including ones which mention working the AH for thousands of gold a week.

I wanted to give you another try, and then read how you think I pay stupid prices for things. You are completely ignorant of the posts where I repeatedly stated I am very wise with the gold I buy, and never buy anything ridiculously priced. Then you pretend as if the actual facts...the real problem....max level players farming gold for low level twinks or leveling alts...well...you pretend those facts were never stated. Your argument is so weak...after two horrendously inaccurate assumptions proven completely false by previously stated information...

I stopped reading after this, as your assumption that I "dont know how it works" and "pay stupid prices for things" are extremely....extremely wrong, and your first rebuttal to prove your assumption is completely false. Do you even realize that people buy gold BECAUSE prices are ALREADY ridiculously high? This is not caused by others buying gold...it's caused by high level players and their ability to harvest thousands of gold readily and easily, and new players being able to accumulate the same amount in COPPER.

Before you argue with the big boys, please learn to read. At the very least, skim through the thread before making yourself look silly...

 

I'll let you do your homework like a kid: How long would it take a level 1 character to get 100 gold? How long would it take a level 90?

Once you answer this question for yourself, you will find out quickly the actual reason inflation occurs, and how gold farming has little to deal with inflation in a game like World of Warcraft.

  fenistil

Novice Member

Joined: 9/22/11
Posts: 3016

10/06/12 6:07:37 AM#44

Damn it seems that OP is in serious need of justifying and reassuring himself.    

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:11:28 AM#45
Originally posted by GrayGhost79
Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
Originally posted by Icewhite
How much can I get for this [soul], on the auction house?

Since everyone is end-game level, it'll be 10k gold.

It's only actually worth 10 silver (it sells for 5 silver at a vendor) and it's only worthwhile to level 7's, but since everyone has a level 100 alt, it's 10k gold.

 

What can I say? It's obviously the fault of gold farmers.

Can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to you again but here goes my last attempt at helping you out.

Lets take FFXI for example, bots camp and farm NM's. This for 1) Deprives normal players from the opportunity of killing and getting the rare item that can drop and 2) Makes the gold sellers the only source of the item.  Since they are the only source they charge out rageous prices.

Now if you are half as intellegent as you think you are you can clearly see how this is a problem for players. Bots controlled by RMT groups you are advocating destroyed the economy in that game beyond repair.

They do this sort of tactic in one shape or form in every game they infest. This is on top of the phishing scams and account hacks.

 

Everything that happens has an effect on the things around it whether it is a major or minor effect it has an effect.

Look at GW2, the bots have caused the developers to turn up the DR system which in turns effects and hampers the enjoyment of normal players. Look at fishing in FFXI, the bots caused the developers to randomly spawn higher level mobs in areas that people fished in which made it so you had to be certain levels to fish in certain areas.

 

Gold sellers have a negative impact on a game whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant because this is a fact. Supporting these gold sellers makes you part of the problem.

 

If you aren't a kid sit back and take a look at the big picture. Look beyond your nose and think about all the other players being affected by gold sellers and bots. I can sit here for hours listing off all the games that have been negatively affected by gold sellers even just in terms of their bots.

That is all well and good...if we were talking about GW2 or FFXI where there is apparently an open world with mobs who drop items which bots hog from real players.

Unfortunately for you, we're talking about WoW. We have been this entire time, and the game where gold is bought is WoW.

 

Ironically, I actually had the line "Game of Topic: World of Warcraft" in the OP, but had taken it out before posting because it didnt fit nicely inbetween the first few paragraphs.

 

Take a look at the bigger picture: High Level Players destroy the economy far more than gold farmers ever will.

 

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact a Level 1 would take an eternity to get 100 gold, while a level 90 can get it incredibly fast? Take a look at quest rewards for a level 1 and compare it to a quest reward for a max level character. See the difference? Now go to the AH and see the level 9 item for 1-5 gold? INCREDIBLY cheap for most players. But for the REAL level 9's, it is impossible to achieve without buying gold.

The argument isn't even so much about if gold farmers are positive or negative to an economy. The argument is far more focused on the overwhelming reality that hundreds of thousands of max level players and an endless supply of virtual currency is far, far, far more destructive to the economy than a few hundred gold vendors.

 

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:13:59 AM#46
Originally posted by fenistil

Damn it seems that OP is in serious need of justifying and reassuring himself.    

Don't quit your day job, and please never get into the field of Psychology.

Assumptions have no place in the scientific community, and childish remarks only make you look as foolish as your assumptions.

 

Troll less please, and actually contribute something real to this thread. I implore you...please contribute something besides ignorant, incorrect assumptions that let you feel a slight boost in your overblown or underdeveloped ego.

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:21:03 AM#47
Originally posted by Cabaloc
It just shows you are easily defeated, like the sports star who needs performance enhancing injections . The game is to hard, tough for him so he needs to bend the rules to ensure his victory . Nothing wrong with buying gold if it makes it more fun for you but you can never compete on my level after all what I find fun is the challenge that comes my way . Oh sorry I don't have any questions .

Easily defeated in a PvE game?

The game is too hard? The game is World of Warcraft. That game isn't too hard for a 6 year old. It isn't hard for ANYONE. Boring? Can be, especially if you have to grind.

Compete on your level? Not only could I compete on your level, I would most likely utterly destroy you due to the number of hours I have in gaming (any genre, I promise you.)

 

I do not understand all of the people I meet who talk about "playing to win", "true competition", or those who boast about "their level" of play. I have never been impressed with these types, and although they seem competant in their genre of choice, they are typically easily defeated with a yawn.

 

UNLESS the competition is on who can grind for longer, as my patience for grindy boredom is probably much lower than yours. So if the competition is about who can withstand boredom for longer, you'd smoke me hands down, because I wouldn't even compete.

I always like to throw a bone and humble people who talk big, so I will more than happily pick a game, any genre, any game, and duel you or match you in it. Why? I have nothing to prove (I already know I'm better than most, and the few better than me, I wouldnt care if I lost to them, as they will always exist and be better than me.) But I am fascinated by people who talk like you do. People who talk about competition, and hold it as important to themselves. I like to know why, what happens when they win, lose, or tie. I am fascinated by people I don't understand, so it would be fun to duel you and fascinating to humble ANYONE who believes they are on a "special level".

Why? Perhaps because I am on a "special level" and top charts in any game I play, finding very few people who can beat me when it comes down to player skill. Yet I don't feel like I'm on a level so high up "no one can be at my level." I don't feel like I am special. I don't feel like I am on a "special level". (Claiming to be on one doesn't mean I feel like I am on one. I dont feel anything really, except boredom when the competition is too easy, or frustration when it is impossibly hard.)  I don't talk like that. I don't boast unless it's to imply evidence to support an argument or defend against assumptions (so that conversation and debate can speed up and skip irrational assumptions like someone saying "You're only complaining about [feature] because you suck at PvP." Well...we can skip that entire argument by me speaking of the fact I'm amazing at PvP. No argument to hold back real debate, so that person can then state an actual reason I am complaining, and inspire me to form a rebuttal!)

 

How would I compete on your level? What does it mean? What level are you on? Why is your level special? Different? Does it make you feel special?

  IfrianMMO

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/21/12
Posts: 211

10/06/12 6:27:12 AM#48

While i am generally against gold selling/ buying, i have to agree that in WoW, a few economist players screw up the economy way more than gold sellers ever will.

My server´s economy is pretty much controlled by an ex-irl friend of mine, who works in the economy sector irl, and whose take on the game is pretty much to control, monopolize and play with the gold and resources trading, and has so much gold, that she is probably WAY richer than any gold selling company has ever been in total.

She´s even got to have multiple accounts to control the whole thing since she coulnd´t possibly do it with just one.

While this particular situation may be a bit extreme and may not be the case in every server out there, most of the biggest, most populated servers ARE controlled by likeminded individuals or even guilds that do absurds amount of cash and make it impossible for anyone else to compete in the field or have any fair transaction on stuff that matters.

That is not to say that gold buying/selling is the ideal solution and i do not do it myself, i prefer to be poor, but it´s true that the situation is far from normal when it comes to the economy of the servers, and that the gold sellers are barely to blame for it.

 

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:29:49 AM#49
Originally posted by IfrianMMO

While i am generally against gold selling/ buying, i have to agree that in WoW, a few economist players screw up the economy way more than gold sellers ever will.

My server´s economy is pretty much controlled by an ex-irl friend of mine, who works in the economy sector irl, and whose take on the game is pretty much to control, monopolize and play with the gold and resources trading, and has so much gold, that she is probably WAY richer than any gold selling company has ever been in total.

She´s even got to have multiple accounts to control the whole thing since she coulnd´t possibly do it with just one.

While this particular situation may be a bit extreme and may not be the case in every server out there, most of the biggest, most populated servers ARE controlled by likeminded individuals or even guilds that do absurds amount of cash and make it impossible for anyone else to compete in the field or have any fair transaction on stuff that matters.

That is not to say that gold buying/selling is the ideal solution and i do not do it myself, i prefer to be poor, but it´s true that the situation is far from normal when it comes to the economy of the servers, and that the gold sellers are barely to blame for it.

Oh dear god....an intelligent reply...holy...guacamole...

 

I'm done here. I finally had someone who wasn't a troll, kid, or total simpleton actually reply to the OP. /Thread

  GrayGhost79

Novice Member

Joined: 8/30/08
Posts: 4888

10/06/12 6:37:17 AM#50
Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
Originally posted by GrayGhost79
Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
Originally posted by Icewhite
How much can I get for this [soul], on the auction house?

Since everyone is end-game level, it'll be 10k gold.

It's only actually worth 10 silver (it sells for 5 silver at a vendor) and it's only worthwhile to level 7's, but since everyone has a level 100 alt, it's 10k gold.

 

What can I say? It's obviously the fault of gold farmers.

Can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to you again but here goes my last attempt at helping you out.

Lets take FFXI for example, bots camp and farm NM's. This for 1) Deprives normal players from the opportunity of killing and getting the rare item that can drop and 2) Makes the gold sellers the only source of the item.  Since they are the only source they charge out rageous prices.

Now if you are half as intellegent as you think you are you can clearly see how this is a problem for players. Bots controlled by RMT groups you are advocating destroyed the economy in that game beyond repair.

They do this sort of tactic in one shape or form in every game they infest. This is on top of the phishing scams and account hacks.

 

Everything that happens has an effect on the things around it whether it is a major or minor effect it has an effect.

Look at GW2, the bots have caused the developers to turn up the DR system which in turns effects and hampers the enjoyment of normal players. Look at fishing in FFXI, the bots caused the developers to randomly spawn higher level mobs in areas that people fished in which made it so you had to be certain levels to fish in certain areas.

 

Gold sellers have a negative impact on a game whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant because this is a fact. Supporting these gold sellers makes you part of the problem.

 

If you aren't a kid sit back and take a look at the big picture. Look beyond your nose and think about all the other players being affected by gold sellers and bots. I can sit here for hours listing off all the games that have been negatively affected by gold sellers even just in terms of their bots.

That is all well and good...if we were talking about GW2 or FFXI where there is apparently an open world with mobs who drop items which bots hog from real players.

Unfortunately for you, we're talking about WoW. We have been this entire time, and the game where gold is bought is WoW.

 

Ironically, I actually had the line "Game of Topic: World of Warcraft" in the OP, but had taken it out before posting because it didnt fit nicely inbetween the first few paragraphs.

 

Take a look at the bigger picture: High Level Players destroy the economy far more than gold farmers ever will.

 

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact a Level 1 would take an eternity to get 100 gold, while a level 90 can get it incredibly fast? Take a look at quest rewards for a level 1 and compare it to a quest reward for a max level character. See the difference? Now go to the AH and see the level 9 item for 1-5 gold? INCREDIBLY cheap for most players. But for the REAL level 9's, it is impossible to achieve without buying gold.

The argument isn't even so much about if gold farmers are positive or negative to an economy. The argument is far more focused on the overwhelming reality that hundreds of thousands of max level players and an endless supply of virtual currency is far, far, far more destructive to the economy than a few hundred gold vendors.

 

I don't play WoW, I simply pointed out these gold sellers that are "only using bots" according to you are still hurting others. It's obvious you don't care. Thats fine, as I said it was my last attempt to explain things to you. You obviously aren't old enough to understand or care yet. Thats fine, but I wish you luck and when you get banned or get your account hacked or stolen do me a favor and please don't whine and moan about it on the forums here.

Take care and good luck to you, going to return you to blocked now.

  jmcdermottuk

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/10/06
Posts: 768

10/06/12 6:40:13 AM#51

While I can agree that max level chars farming items and playing on the AH can and does lead to inflated prices for lower level items, causing problems in a games economy, I have to disagree with the OP's comments on how little buying gold damages a game.

The OP, in his replies to people, makes a point that he buys from a reliable and game-friendly source that gathers it's gold in a way that doesn't resort to hacking accounts. However, the original post clearly mentions "some asian gold seller". I think it's widely known that these "asian" gold selling companies are also the ones responsible for hacked accounts and rampant botting. Regardless of the consequences to a games economy, be they minimal or extensive, I don't think anyone would support this kind of behaviour.

People having their accounts hacked so gold sellers can profit from their loss is a bad thing, period.

People who buy gold from gold sellers, regardless of that sellers morals or methods of gold acquisition, create a market for gold sellers to operate in, thus encouraging the less scrupulous gold sellers who hack and steal accounts from legitimate players.

No matter which way you spin it, buying gold leads to accounts being hacked. You, OP, may in fact buy your gold from a seller that doesn't operate in this way, but you still contribute to the problem by creating a demand for in-game gold that other companies supply through account hacks and botting.

I don't really care how much it affects the economy of the game. I'm far more concerned with the thousands of players who log in to find their characters stripped and their bank emptied, or the ones who find they can't even log in at all until the support team get around to recovering their account - and then find all their items and gold missing.

I understand exactly what you're trying to say, and I agree with it with regards to the game economy. It's the misery inflicted on hacked players that I find is the real problem with creating a market for in-game gold. Where you buy your gold from is irrelevant because for every gold seller out there that sells gold from "legitimate" sources, there are 10 others who get it by stealing it from some poor schmuk.

  GrayGhost79

Novice Member

Joined: 8/30/08
Posts: 4888

10/06/12 6:40:29 AM#52
Originally posted by Kyleran

Does this sound like anyone you know?

I see more than a few of them in this thread.

Profile of the Sociopath


  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
     
  • Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
    They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

     
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

     
  • Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

     
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

     
  • Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

     
  • Incapacity for Love
     
  • Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

     
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

     
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

     
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

     
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

     
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

     
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

     
  • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Other Related Qualities:

  1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
  2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
  3. Authoritarian
  4. Secretive
  5. Paranoid
  6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
  7. Conventional appearance
  8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
  9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
  10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
  11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
  12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
  13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
  14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
  15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world


(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

Read more here:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Actually fits a certain poster in this thread to a T i'd say lol. Nice post!

  tawess

Elite Member

Joined: 3/24/05
Posts: 1895

10/06/12 6:46:32 AM#53

This is prime time entertainment right here.

 

Now the prime reason why you should not buy gold is that most of the gold in circulation come from stripmining accounts. It is good that Magnus found a company his extensive research have shown to be a pure botting/gridning company. That way at least it only hurts the crafters in game and not the account it self.

 

The faulty premiss comes from his assumption that most max level players grind gold all day long. A few does, and a good bunch grind from time to time to be able to obtain a item or another but the fact is that just like in the real world the top layer is very small but their effects can be huge. Now i do not care if Magnus spend real money on gold.. that is his right to do(as long as the gold-sellers pay taxes and keep their books in order it is not ILLEGAL to do so, just against the ToS and EULA). Just like the companies behind the games he plays have the right to ban him for pretty much anything... Including buying gold. This is mostly because i am part of a good guild in the games that i play and thus have access to a internal economy and support should i need it. But I personally would never buy gold in games where the parent company is not the ones offering the service as i feel it is not worth the risk. 

 

On the other hand i would not care one iota if for an example Blizzard would erase Maguns account/s from the face of their servers either. That is the risk he runs (together with the risk of the gold-sellers misshandling his information. But that is a risk we all take when we shop on-line.

This have been a good conversation

  Cuathon

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/24/04
Posts: 2254

Draw Something is now an MMO. God has forsaken us.

10/06/12 6:48:07 AM#54

To be fair, unregulated capitalism like what is possible on the auction houses of video games is quite damaging to games. I'm pretty sure a couple college econ grads could totally destroy the WoW in game economy.

 

But imo that was just his convenient excuse to post all this drivel.

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:52:29 AM#55
Originally posted by Kyleran

Does this sound like anyone you know?

I see more than a few of them in this thread.

Profile of the Sociopath


  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
     
  • Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
    They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

     
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

     
  • Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

     
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

     
  • Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

     
  • Incapacity for Love
     
  • Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

     
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

     
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

     
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

     
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

     
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

     
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

     
  • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Other Related Qualities:

  1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
  2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
  3. Authoritarian
  4. Secretive
  5. Paranoid
  6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
  7. Conventional appearance
  8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
  9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
  10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
  11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
  12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
  13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
  14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
  15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world


(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

Read more here:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I hope you are referring to me, and not the rest of this drivel in the thread.

If so, I am actually quite flattered :)

 

There is a lot of research blurring the fine line between psychopath and genius...perhaps dealing with how the brain works and reasons?

 

This is not something I have not considered myself. Working heavily in the field of Psychology and coming from a very large family of M.S.'s or M.A.'s in the field, this is not new information for me. I have been through the checklist many times before.

Unfortunately, while I may appear to meet a few checks on the list, it is actually just confusion between that blurry line of intelligence. I actually thought it would be interesting (and possibly awesome) to be a clinical Sociopath. Much to my disinterest, I not only do not meet the criteria, the few matches I have are only superficial.

It would explain my success in my career field, and why I am so good at it. I severely doubt a Sociopath would have the capacity for success in such a social field. While at first I jump at excitement, "Oooo! Perhaps I am one! How interesting!" my anticipation plummeted once I read of it being "almost impossible to be truthful on a consistent basis." While I am prone to exageration of story or twisting of truths in argument, it is absolutely not the same as being unskilled at truthiness ;)

The highlighted yellow parts about lack of remorse, shame, guilt, and the final sentence is quite true. Unfortunately, that's also what is true of leaders or "alphas" who let nothing stand in their way of success and dominate their surroundings, sometimes with a bit of aggression or even force.

Then my memory returns to me as I skimmed the rest of the list, already disappointed that I knew I am not a Sociopath. (So sad, right? If only...) Shallow emotions? Hardly, I have quite a large array of emotions, even if not very strong or visible. An absolutely incredible capacity for love that is truly unconditional (I can't see how anyone in social work or even the social field can live without unconditional love bustling out from inside them). Finally like the final stake in the heart of Dracula, that need for stimulation really kills it.

 

 

Ah...but what is even more fascinating is the fact that profile is quite old...and the writers of it could be on to something, but distinctly inaccurate. If only there weren't real sociopaths who prove horrendously that I'm quite the opposite of one :(

Still interesting though is that blurry link between logical brain processing and a hard understanding of social or emotional aspects. Well, this interests me. Unfortunately, all those around me are consistently stating that I am an incredibly caring and loving person (thus emotional) and incredibly thoughtful and considerate of others. I don't see it, I don't believe so sometimes, but I don't think this would be said of a Sociopath. They don't receive social glamour or endless streams of compliments that might possibly explode their ego to appear to be grandiose.

 

Perhaps I'm not a Sociopath, and instead I'm just a smat guy bored of the lack of challenge or intellectual stimulation, frustrated at a world that is incapable of intellectual thought (and those who ARE capable, uninterested in topics of interest or are boring due to the fact they come to the exact same conclusions which provide no real conversation outside of "Yea, that is so true, LOL!.....okay then.")

 

Props to you though, and I am blushing with such a compliment :)

  bigcheeseuk

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/22/08
Posts: 112

10/06/12 6:55:00 AM#56

Burn the witch!

 

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:55:27 AM#57
Originally posted by tawess

This is prime time entertainment right here.

 

Now the prime reason why you should not buy gold is that most of the gold in circulation come from stripmining accounts. It is good that Magnus found a company his extensive research have shown to be a pure botting/gridning company. That way at least it only hurts the crafters in game and not the account it self.

 

The faulty premiss comes from his assumption that most max level players grind gold all day long. A few does, and a good bunch grind from time to time to be able to obtain a item or another but the fact is that just like in the real world the top layer is very small but their effects can be huge. Now i do not care if Magnus spend real money on gold.. that is his right to do(as long as the gold-sellers pay taxes and keep their books in order it is not ILLEGAL to do so, just against the ToS and EULA). Just like the companies behind the games he plays have the right to ban him for pretty much anything... Including buying gold. This is mostly because i am part of a good guild in the games that i play and thus have access to a internal economy and support should i need it. But I personally would never buy gold in games where the parent company is not the ones offering the service as i feel it is not worth the risk. 

 

On the other hand i would not care one iota if for an example Blizzard would erase Maguns account/s from the face of their servers either. That is the risk he runs (together with the risk of the gold-sellers misshandling his information. But that is a risk we all take when we shop on-line.

Is it really prime time entertainment?

If I actually entertained you, and it's not sarcasm, I am quite blissful right now :)

 

Also, thank you for the intelligent response. It's nice to see the flood of mature, intelligent adults after the swarm of unruly, irrational children spamming hatred without rationale.

Disagree all you want, I see no reason why your response is not mature, accurate, and intelligent. Perhaps even correct.

 

Mainly though....thanks for not being a teen or a 20-something...or one of these apparently 41-year-old kids stuck at Level 2. (Dont they know? the expansion now allows you up to level 95!)

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:56:09 AM#58
Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

Burn the witch!

 

Hssssssssssss!!!!!!

  tawess

Elite Member

Joined: 3/24/05
Posts: 1895

10/06/12 6:57:34 AM#59

Or perhaps you are a sociopath... We will never know but i hope for your friends and relatives sake that you are right.

 

And yes i was being honest, this is a subject that always brings out the worsgt in people, Much like politics.

This have been a good conversation

  User Deleted
 
OP  10/06/12 6:57:38 AM#60
Originally posted by Cuathon

To be fair, unregulated capitalism like what is possible on the auction houses of video games is quite damaging to games. I'm pretty sure a couple college econ grads could totally destroy the WoW in game economy.

 

But imo that was just his convenient excuse to post all this drivel.

Hilarious that in the end, you actually agreed with me. After all you said, and how you acted.

 

Classic Win ;)

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search