Originally posted by SBE1
1) My primary focus is PvP, particularly large-scale open world "zerg" PvP. I was really excited about hearing the WvWvW thing ala DAOC style. However, I then read about ques (long ques) to get into WvWvW. So I'm wondering: how many people are allowed in WvWvW at a time? Is it zergy (which for me is fun), or is it small man teams roaming around?
2) How are the seige battles? Is it primarily focusing on doors or is there some additional strategy? Are most forts well defended or do people just go from one objective to the next? The worst example would be say SWTOR where objectives could be taken in Ilum by 1 person in about 10 seconds. The best example would be classic DAOC defended relic keeps.
3) How is the lag in WvWvW?
4) Does anyone have a link to minimum computer specs? Couldn't find it.
Thanks in advance.
1. It's zergy, if you're on a full load server you'll have to enter the queue to be able to get in. 500 people per map, 4 maps, may seem like plenty, but if thousands want to get in it's the queue for you. There are high load and medium population servers as well, so chose your home world wisely. To high and you almost won't be able to get in, too low and you'll get zerged.
2. siege weapons, nuff said.
3. Lag will depend on connection and machine but it's really not that bad.
4. minimum requirements are currently
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse