|66 posts found|
OP 8/20/12 1:53:45 PM#1
I need to again thank the Focus Group for their un-ceasing efforts right up to launch and beyond. They have done an amazing job. Without their help we would still be some way from launch – so I hope the whole community will join me in thanking them for their time and effort.
We also need to remind everyone who is part of the Mortal Online Community that Awakening will be a bumpy ride at launch. The team is staged and ready so we’ll no doubt see a lot of patching over the next few days and weeks ahead. We have some small issues like the odd missing icon graphic and some larger issues too. We will get to them all one by one – so please, your support would be greatly appreciated in what will be a very busy time. I would also respectfully request that you only petition the in-game support team if you really need them, they too will be under huge pressure.
Having said all of that this is an exciting and joyous time for the whole team. So, please enjoy the patch/feature notes below – as always SV does not include the full contents of any release in the notes. This time... even more so!
Good luck and good hunting!
Awakening Expansion Main Features. 1.70.00.01
· Rebuilt AI
· Rebuilt GUI
· 64B Mortal Client support
· Tindrem has been added
· New NPCs
· New items, gear, weapons, loot and combat moves
· You can now choose to use last-mouse movement as your way to decide what direction to strike from rather than using strafe; this can be toggled from options.
· You can now have the game take you out of mouse mode as soon as you don't move (auto-running won't turn it off).
· All items in-game now have a color connected to them, this color will be used to calculate the color for potions and dyes.
· Added support for full head-tracking on all mobs and NPC's.
· "/" will now focus the chat and start a string with "/" Every skill that has an icon can now be triggerd using /skill <skillname> in the chat-window. This is mainly added to support the new macros. Every spell can now be triggered using /cast <spellname> in the chat-window. The amount of time you need to charge a weapon before it gets a charged bonus to its damage, is now directly related to the length of the weapon.
· Added support to turn off the gore & nudity.
· Built a more user friendly "R" system for using workbenches. You can now simply press use while targeting a workbench to trigger the skill. If there are several skills that you have that can be used on that workbench a window will pop-up with icons for each skill to let you choose.
· You can now push other player’s pets to have them move out of the way. They will move away for a while and then go back to their original spot.
· Added new action combine, this will open a simple window where you can try to add one item to another. Useful for adding potions from one vial to another, and to create new potion effects such as purify.
· Added /useitemslot <slotNr> command to the chat. This will use the item in your backpack that is found on slot <slotNr> if that item is a bag it will use the first available item in that bag.
· Tax system has been rebuilt. You now pay at the house sign for up to 20 days of taxes. The money will instantly be removed from you character and each hour that elapses the house will consume this money to pay taxes. As before, if the house can't pay taxes HP will start to decrease until after 10 days it is finally destroyed.
Town / Global Changes / NPC
· New system the trade broker has been added. This NPC will sell your items for you. Players can filter items and buy them from the broker. You will currently be able to put max 5 items in each broker (see new skills). If someone buys your item from the broker you will get the payment in the mail of that same city.
· Stables now have a local cap of 5
· All banners now start off grey and need to be dyed.
· Blue Guards & NPCs will give murder counts just like players.
· World chest spawners are now spread throughout the world, they will drop common to extremely rare items, these chests re-spawn over time. Some of them you can lock-pick, others require the correct key to open.
· Support added for more advanced NPC interaction (more dynamic conversation trees).
· Added improved support for unique armor(s).
· Added several new unique weapons.
· Added several new unique armor sets.
· Added support for "Illegal items". Guards will now and then scan for players that have illegal items. If they find someone they will tell him to stop, if he does they will run up to him and start a conversation where the player can then chose what to do.
· Suicide will no longer give you the ability to give out murdercounts.
· Default carcass size for all creatures have been reduced. Creatures with a higher level will still have around the old amount of carcass in them.
· Vendor will now automatically give back the amount of currency that differs in the trade.
· Optimized the sending of new clients/NPCs to clients. Data about NPCs/clients will now be sent in a better way. This means that you will see more "default" named NPC's but this will cut down on the clients stress when loading multiple new NPCs and clients.
· The deposit for a task is no longer twice the deposit.
· New Simple axe now use a custom model rather than using a mesh created using the crafting system
· Added new combat moves.
· Stamina-regen penalties for wearing armor with skills have been decreased.
· Prediction tweaked.
· Weapons now correctly take durability damage based on the defence of the ai.
· Added support for fist-weapons.
· Worn short sword now has a custom mesh.
· Update trace-calculations for unique (pre-made) weapons.
· The velocity mod for riding and hitting someone with a melee weapon is now more correctly calculated.
· Improved sound feedback when you get hit.
· The over-head swing knockdown chance and force is now governed by how much blunt damage the weapon does, rather than being random.
· Added Black List. Access a pylon and then add a character name to the black list to ban him. A black listed player will be flagged grey after 30 seconds in a black listed zone. Beware!
· The map has been removed from the tower UI. The entire UI has also been simplified and a new "Last Round" info has been added to make it easier for players to keep track of what happens to their towers.
· You can now name your cooked meals.
· You can now control how much you want to drink out of a full potion. Simply trigger drinking, a small timer will show up in the lower right hand of the screen, trigger drinking again and another icon will appear. Once the icons run out you will drink the amount 2 * the number of icons. So to quickly drink 6 ‘doses’, trigger drinking 3 times.
· You can now name your potions.
· Potion icons now get a dynamically generated icon colored by the ingredients used to make them. This same color will also be used when dyeing armors or clothes
· You can now tame in combat mode.
· We have improved the following behaviours that pets use. They will now try to stay more out of the way.
· Taming now takes a little more time.
· Mounts now have a larger step-up than a player, meaning they can "step up" on more things without stopping.
· Mounts now get less debuff/buff on speed when moving uphill and downhill.
· The move speed of horses has been unified a bit making the differences in speed a little more unified between the horses. Please note that swift riding and riding greatly increase the speed still.
· A mount’s size will no longer affect its speed as much.
· Lifting your guildstone will now auto surrender all of your wars.
· You can no longer do long-distance guild invites/kicks without having a guildstone placed.
· House-Friends can now upgrade houses.
Books and Bags
· Player books are now in. Buy a player book and write what you want in it (keep it secret).
· Small mount bags are now 12 slot bags.
· Large mount bags are now 24 slot bags.
Player stat/activity changes
· Jogging speed decreased by 5%.
· Sprinting speed increased by 5% in combat mode
· Sprinting speed decreased by 5% out of combat mode
· Strafe speed decreased by 10%
· You now move 50% slower when running backwards.
· You now move 20% slower when strafing.
· Added stat for taming
· Added stat for dominating
· Added stat for mercy mode kills
· Added stat for mercy given
· Added Threaten skill
· Added Bribe skill
· Added Persuade skill
· Added lock-picking skill
· Added several new social skills
· Added pottery and glassblowing
· Added skill that increase the number of broker items you can have for sale up to 20.
· Added skill that decrease the taxes you have to pay for putting items in the broker.
· Added new taming skills Advanced creature control, Animal Care, Herding, Zoology which now play an important factor to tame animals
Fixed issues with NPCs doing the "full spin" when being activated.
Priest resurrecting players will now also trigger the resurrect effect.
Clamped max fps to avoid de-sync between rendering and code-logic.
Fixed issues where animation speeds for movement would de-sync due to player/creature draw scale.
Fixed a glitch that happened if you got pushed and then tried to regain HP.
Fixed a couple of typos (added a few, we’ll get to them).
Corpses now interact with water in a better way.
Made some general fixes to the spawning of loot-bags. Loot bags should now spawn in more reachable areas.
Fixed issue that could make the wrong effect play when a player gained health.
Character selection now reflects your characters flag.
Dynamic Lights can no longer be turned off in the .ini file.
Earthquake now connects with non-players too.
Fixed issue with ragdolls spawning in mid-air.
Fists no longer cause handle hits.
Updated and fixed the size and length of almost every weapon head/handle in the game to better match the mesh of that handle/head and improving the hit-detection to be much more "WYSIWYG".
Fixed blunt heads they now correctly trigger a blunt client effect.
You can no longer use combat skills while having a weapon charged.
Creating a 2handed short handle without a head no longer gives you a weapon that can be dual-wielded with the spear animations.
Fixed a bug that could cause you to be unable to use a combat-skill unless you first swing a normal swing.
Fixed a couple of typos with the basic-vendors.
Player-torches have had their light radius/falloff changed.
Fixed issues with house placing that didn’t work due to you or someone else being too close to the house spot.
Possible fix for walls that ended up having all their chests locked upon construction.
Modules for black towers should now work as intended.
Fixed issue where your character sheet wouldn't correctly show the face of your character.
You should now start being dead where you died rather than where your body ended up. This is a changed aimed at fixing issues with ragdolls ending up in strange places.
Chests and doors should now correctly revert to being unlocked when a house/gate is destroyed.
New Rags should now have their correct icons.
Changed the message you get when you fail to login due to password/username or no active sub.
Fixed several instances of auto-run turning off due to UI opening etc.
Changed the text you get from trying to whisper someone who is not online. This stops people trying to whisper random people to get information about if they are online or not.
Banner icons correctly reflect the color they are made out of.
"This resource is almost depleted." Will now show up when it's 95% depleted rather than 80%.
Fixed issues where some skills would not report the correct level when used on the server.
Cleaned up and fixed issues with the navmesh-generation. This should make it a lot easier for AI to find paths in complicated meshes.
Player to bridge interaction distance increased.
Added support for pressing R while targeting a player to start a trade.
Some icon art is missing we are currently adding these.
there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.
8/20/12 2:42:08 PM#2
Wow, a few dozen bugfixes. I'm surprised they don't charge you extra for this patch. ;)
My popcorn is ready.
8/20/12 4:56:59 PM#3
Screenshots and videos please. See if MO now looks like a real game and not just an amateur project toying with a powerful professionnal 3d engine.
Dark Lord of the Sith
8/20/12 4:59:16 PM#4
Will be watching how this pans out. A free week for past customers would be nice. Probably won't sub otherwise.
I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!
8/20/12 4:59:54 PM#5
Very good news indeed. I'm sure it'll be a little bumpy, but the new systems should really improve the game quite a bit.
Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.
8/20/12 5:45:03 PM#6
Originally posted by Rohn
Are you assuming these new systems will be fully functional at release?
8/20/12 5:48:55 PM#7
Originally posted by Hancakes
We will know in a few hours- Its being patched in AS I WRITE THIS.
I have my Popcorn ready and the night off... Looks like the MO Forum here at MMORPG.COM is going to be "Awakening" soon as well- This place has been rather stale of late =P
8/20/12 5:53:42 PM#8
This should be interesting!
Whoever called it a few days ago that it would be out soon before their stock report or something comes this thursday....
You Nailed It Bro.
The Deep Web is sca-ry.
8/20/12 6:01:32 PM#9
Hoping it goes well. Enjoying the Salem beta currently. That should last me until things settle down. Maybe someone playing (who was playing just before) can post a comment or make a new thread with feedback? At least a heads up as to when it might be a decent time to give a trial a shot.
Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!
8/20/12 6:02:48 PM#10
Originally posted by Toxia
Ah good point. . I would expect it to be rough. I am still a little PO'd about the whole "townlife" video they made. . lets see if that is how TIndrem looks. People screaming back then at me that it was indeed in game footage.
Wow I just checked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_OWfEgdAx8&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
A short video showing off a small part of Fabernum, one of many towns that you can visit in Mortal Online.
That was posted over two years ago and it never looked like that. A little misleading. I have not played in about a year though. . maybe it does have wandering guards now?
I had just watched this guy go to Faburnum earlier this morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24cVzPalXw
It looked like the good old MO I remember.. . naked guy asking to buy a horse and floating in the air at one point. etc. Just reminded myself why I was holding off resubbing. I know all that sounds negative - I truly do hope it does well and I could care less about how "alive" the town looks. I mean I am enjoying Salem right. . . so you know it is not about the graphics or "living world". I just hate being mislead.
Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!
8/20/12 6:21:53 PM#11
yup just before their stock report...So they can say, "it was pre awakening, we will have better numbers in the next report" !
8/20/12 8:58:12 PM#12
Originally posted by Hancakes
I thought I wrote it in pretty plain English, that it was likely to be bumpy.
I also believe that the systems they are adding or changing will make the game much better, once the kinks are ironed out.
Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.
OP 8/21/12 12:51:05 AM#13
Originally posted by Aethaeryn
well that video is pre awakening patch since it isnt out yet and roaming guards and nudity filters come in awakening.
there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.
8/21/12 12:55:26 AM#14
Honestly I had assume there would be more changes. I'm sad. :(
8/21/12 2:19:02 AM#15
Apparently, there are some issues or intentional delay with patch release so awakening isnt really out yet.
8/21/12 3:48:33 AM#16
Originally posted by ZekkCC
They have addressed ALL really important stuff (If it works is another question).
8/21/12 4:19:41 AM#17
This is gonna be fun!
8/21/12 4:56:18 AM#18
Originally posted by SaintPhilip
If you mean that you're expecting a bunch of 1-time-poster-hype-alts for "viral marketing", yup, me too.
Originally posted by BitshiftWhere's the thievery fix again? And breeding? Ghost-scout fix? Does the arena work? Just to name a few..
8/21/12 5:03:19 AM#19
And so it begins...
"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator
Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)
8/21/12 5:05:15 AM#20
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Haha. I've seen announcements like this in other games. I guess it was about time for a complete wipe. ;D
But if that's the death blow for MO, then I have an oversupply of popcorn now.