Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Crowfall | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,950,466 Users Online:0
Games:778  Posts:6,373,037
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online AD2460 ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Ninja Anime Pirates Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord 2 Archlord X Armored Warfare Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Bionic Marine Command Online Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blackguards 2 Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crowfall Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Heart Online Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dying Light Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GRAV GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods Rush Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Hand of Fate Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online Kill Strain King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Grimrock 2 Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lords of the Fallen 2 Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Nova Genesis Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Overwatch Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Rebel Galaxy Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Conflict Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Coast Legends Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Banner Saga 2 The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Triad Wars Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warriors World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2 

General Discussion  » So is GW2 basically a slightly improved RIFT?

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
180 posts found
  Eir_S

Novice Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4707

GW2 socialist.

8/05/12 2:29:28 PM#141
Originally posted by tixylix
Originally posted by Mithrandolir
Originally posted by tordurbar
Fact: When you complete a Dynamic Event that changes the map you are in a new instance of the map.

This is not true. At least not from my beta experience. All changes that happened during (and related to) dynamic events were "live" for everybody who came through the area, no phasing or instancing.

It doesn't change the map at all, it's basically a public quest from WAR.

Actually, it does change the map temporarily, something PQ's never did.  Things get destroyed or are unavailable for a time, settlements that were peaceful earlier may be the scene of a massive battle later.  You can actually be inconvenienced by rampaging mobs, and not have a secluded little hovel where they all gather, and I like it that way.  I know from your past posts that you're just another GW2 detractor, but try to put up a convincing argument and remember that we have played the game and we know what's true and what isn't.

  Kothoses

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/08/10
Posts: 703

8/05/12 2:30:22 PM#142

Its not like Rift or ToR but it does borrow some elements from them (Despite a lot of people wanting to believe everything in it is different).   It Iterates on the public quest system that Rift Iterated over warhammer on and saturates the game with it, eschewing normal quests, it also iterates on combat taking the good parts of TERA and DCUO and ramping them up.

 

It is a good game, Rift is also a good game, ToR is a good game TSW is a good game... with those four I am already on MMO overload... thats before I throw in my DCUO lifetime sub or Warhammer.... 

 

And I wanted to get into Ultima this year....

Promoting thought a new Gaming video blog http://www.youtube.com/user/quinnthalas discussing games, gamers and the internet with gameplay footage as background.

  Pelagato

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 4/10/07
Posts: 655

Beware of Felidae on the hunt.

8/05/12 2:33:10 PM#143
Originally posted by Xzen
Originally posted by Pelagato
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by Pelagato
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by Pelagato

yup, its the same thing all over again...

You have a bunch of classes, the same Tank, DPS, Healer trinity...

You can stop reading here. Credibility already dropped to zero.

Unless you were sarcastic and this was a joke - then I applaud.

Get over it already, War and GW2 events are in the same lines like the other peep you quote said and the holy trinity is there... Only that this time there is no healer class, only healing templates that other classes have but you need a healer anyways...

So you were not joking.

Then you are just plain wrong. The trinity is definitely not there (just try to stand there and tank something nasty, even with a plate wearer, just for a laugh) and there are no dedicated healers. Even classes with healing "templates" cannot keep you alive if you don't dodge attacks, the heals are just too weak, they are support tools just like buffs, nothing more, not to mention they can't be spammed like dedicated healing classes in trinity based games can.

You don't even have a threat table in this game.


Wrong...??? Get out of the bubble pal, its the same old story all over again with a different make up... in the end it boils down into the same old story, Tanks, DPS and healers... if you have to dodge is another matter but is the same bull... You need someone at the healing department if you want to have a better chance of success, unless you find a way to get an auto dodge plug in up and running in yoru computer... Which I dont think anyone will....

Again... you are nothing important at all, just a red shirt so start packing that grandiosity feeling of you a wrong in the place it belongs...

Even though I'm on the "soft trinity" side of the argument calling it "more of the same old" is flat out incorrect.


Just give it a month a few months after release, the hype train is going to come to a complete stop and people will see that GW2 is a trinity, the same old thing with a different make up...

Now I wont need to stack armor or block attributes... I just need to get a nice dodge plug in and problem solve... I will need a healer anyways because some stuff is kinda un-dodgable...

  Nadia

Tipster

Joined: 7/26/03
Posts: 11849

8/05/12 2:36:03 PM#144
Originally posted by Pelagato
 Just give it a month a few months after release, the hype train is going to come to a complete stop and people will see that GW2 is a trinity, the same old thing with a different make up...

Now I wont need to stack armor or block attributes... I just need to get a nice dodge plug in and problem solve... I will need a healer anyways because some stuff is kinda un-dodgable...

whos going to tank or hold aggro?

  MidBoss

Novice Member

Joined: 9/03/09
Posts: 95

8/05/12 2:40:01 PM#145
Originally posted by Pelagato
Originally posted by Xzen
Originally posted by Pelagato
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by Pelagato
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by Pelagato

yup, its the same thing all over again...

You have a bunch of classes, the same Tank, DPS, Healer trinity...

You can stop reading here. Credibility already dropped to zero.

Unless you were sarcastic and this was a joke - then I applaud.

Get over it already, War and GW2 events are in the same lines like the other peep you quote said and the holy trinity is there... Only that this time there is no healer class, only healing templates that other classes have but you need a healer anyways...

So you were not joking.

Then you are just plain wrong. The trinity is definitely not there (just try to stand there and tank something nasty, even with a plate wearer, just for a laugh) and there are no dedicated healers. Even classes with healing "templates" cannot keep you alive if you don't dodge attacks, the heals are just too weak, they are support tools just like buffs, nothing more, not to mention they can't be spammed like dedicated healing classes in trinity based games can.

You don't even have a threat table in this game.


Wrong...??? Get out of the bubble pal, its the same old story all over again with a different make up... in the end it boils down into the same old story, Tanks, DPS and healers... if you have to dodge is another matter but is the same bull... You need someone at the healing department if you want to have a better chance of success, unless you find a way to get an auto dodge plug in up and running in yoru computer... Which I dont think anyone will....

Again... you are nothing important at all, just a red shirt so start packing that grandiosity feeling of you a wrong in the place it belongs...

Even though I'm on the "soft trinity" side of the argument calling it "more of the same old" is flat out incorrect.


Just give it a month a few months after release, the hype train is going to come to a complete stop and people will see that GW2 is a trinity, the same old thing with a different make up...

Now I wont need to stack armor or block attributes... I just need to get a nice dodge plug in and problem solve... I will need a healer anyways because some stuff is kinda un-dodgable...

Where in the 9 hells are people comming up with these conclusions? Every single class has their own heal(s) that can keep up with any incomming damage i've seen so far. IF you are avoiding the dangerous attacks.

Please, please, PLEASE stop lying about the game to try and discredit it. Many people here HAVE played it and WILL continue to call out this bull as we see it.

If you don't like it or don't want to play it just state that and be on your way.

  adaneshade

Novice Member

Joined: 4/10/12
Posts: 36

8/05/12 2:53:59 PM#146
Originally posted by nyxxis

I will put it this way....

 

I got a 6 month sub to Rift about month before the first Beta weekend event, thinking it would fill the void until GW2 release. I have not touched Rift since then because I just could not bring myself to play anymore. Stupid maybe but there it is. They are nothing alike and only people that  have not tried it or even watched the masses of youtube vids would think so or believe it when someone says so.

I did EXACTLY the same thing...strange lol

  Telil

Novice Member

Joined: 3/07/09
Posts: 281

8/05/12 3:01:06 PM#147
Originally posted by Tutu2
Is this a fair assessment? I keep hearing the story and voice acting is somewhat lucklustre, which is concerning me also. 

I would say it's more akin to WAR friend.

The story is pretty interesting if i am honest and i found nothing at all wrong with the voice acting, ok it's not hollywood blockbuster but its still decent.

I have been pleasantly suprised with GW2 and have even gone out and pre-ordered after playing BWE.

  Homitu

Novice Member

Joined: 10/01/09
Posts: 2045

8/05/12 3:41:18 PM#148
Is your favorite MMO just a slightly improved version of [insert other MMO here]?
  Arthasm

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/26/09
Posts: 750

8/05/12 5:04:41 PM#149

Lol, mmosite trolls invading... Pelagato??? Serious? Making another column for mmosite by trolling people here???

Hello, moderators!!!

  tordurbar

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/02/10
Posts: 424

8/05/12 5:20:09 PM#150
Originally posted by seridan
Originally posted by tordurbar
GW2 is not like RIFT it is different from every other mmo. Bull feces.
Let's look at Dynamic Events. Fact: Dynamic Events start at a particular location. Fact: Dynamic Events re-appear at the same location. Fact: When you complete a Dynamic Event that changes the map you are in a new instance of the map. Is this "constant change or progess" which is the definition of "dynamic"? No. It goes back to EQ for quests without the question mark identifier and Rift for an area effect that involves multiple players.
What GW2 does have that I have never seen in a mmo is dynamic event chains. However, chained events have been a part of mmos since year 1 so dynamic event changes are another variation of a theme.
I am really feeling deja vu here. The hype is too intense. SWTOR went the same way for me. After the first beta event I was a SWTOR fanboy. Ever beta event after that deflated my zeal. By the time of release it was not how many years I would stay subbed but how many weeks. I lasted 12.
I have seen this in every major aaa mmo release - "this game is nothing like WOW". Bull feces. WOW was a combination and evolution of every mmo before it and GW2 is just more of the same. You still have levels, you still have skills, you still have the 1 to 0 keys mapped for skills, you have tiers of skills you have crafting, etc. etc. etc.
Yes, GW2 is looking to be a great game and I still look forward to it but the hype is getting out of control. I am afraid that the hype will have the same effect on GW2 as it had on AOC, WH, AION and Tera. Please fanboys, don't sell this game as COMPLETELY DIFFERENT because it is not. Sell GW2 on the points that it IS different (action combat, skills dependent upon weapons, WvWvW, etc.). More facts, less hype and maybe we won't get the huge backlash that happened with SWTOR.


Fact: Dynamic Events don't re-appear at the same location. Lots of them REQUIRE player action to appear, they don't just "reset" like in Rift or War, there is no timer here (unless it's an one time event, they reset like that, but they are the minority)

Fact: When you complete some Dynamic Events, they CHANGE the world around you for everyone, plant a bomb in a skriit cave? The cave will be forever blocked afterwards, unless the skriit find the tools to excavate it back. Centaurs conquered a fortress? It will remain conquered forever until the players take it back. What more would you want?

Please don't post nonsense

Nonsense? My eye. In the second Norn zone there is a small fort where there are several trainers. Every 10 minutes there is a dynamic event where you have to escort someone to another place (there is a small in there). EVERY 10 MINUTES. This is just one example of the repeatable Dynamic Events.

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

  User Deleted
8/05/12 5:35:21 PM#151
Originally posted by tordurbar

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

Two wrong things here:

1) hearts are not dynamic events.

2) nope, you don't enter another instance. You are still in the same world than everyone else, before, during and after you did the heart. There are no separate instances or even phases. People don't magically appear or disappear in a separate world depending on which stage you are in any particuliar event or even just heart.

 

  Bad.dog

Novice Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 1160

8/05/12 5:41:36 PM#152
Originally posted by tordurbar
Originally posted by seridan
Originally posted by tordurbar
GW2 is not like RIFT it is different from every other mmo. Bull feces.
Let's look at Dynamic Events. Fact: Dynamic Events start at a particular location. Fact: Dynamic Events re-appear at the same location. Fact: When you complete a Dynamic Event that changes the map you are in a new instance of the map. Is this "constant change or progess" which is the definition of "dynamic"? No. It goes back to EQ for quests without the question mark identifier and Rift for an area effect that involves multiple players.
What GW2 does have that I have never seen in a mmo is dynamic event chains. However, chained events have been a part of mmos since year 1 so dynamic event changes are another variation of a theme.
I am really feeling deja vu here. The hype is too intense. SWTOR went the same way for me. After the first beta event I was a SWTOR fanboy. Ever beta event after that deflated my zeal. By the time of release it was not how many years I would stay subbed but how many weeks. I lasted 12.
I have seen this in every major aaa mmo release - "this game is nothing like WOW". Bull feces. WOW was a combination and evolution of every mmo before it and GW2 is just more of the same. You still have levels, you still have skills, you still have the 1 to 0 keys mapped for skills, you have tiers of skills you have crafting, etc. etc. etc.
Yes, GW2 is looking to be a great game and I still look forward to it but the hype is getting out of control. I am afraid that the hype will have the same effect on GW2 as it had on AOC, WH, AION and Tera. Please fanboys, don't sell this game as COMPLETELY DIFFERENT because it is not. Sell GW2 on the points that it IS different (action combat, skills dependent upon weapons, WvWvW, etc.). More facts, less hype and maybe we won't get the huge backlash that happened with SWTOR.


Fact: Dynamic Events don't re-appear at the same location. Lots of them REQUIRE player action to appear, they don't just "reset" like in Rift or War, there is no timer here (unless it's an one time event, they reset like that, but they are the minority)

Fact: When you complete some Dynamic Events, they CHANGE the world around you for everyone, plant a bomb in a skriit cave? The cave will be forever blocked afterwards, unless the skriit find the tools to excavate it back. Centaurs conquered a fortress? It will remain conquered forever until the players take it back. What more would you want?

Please don't post nonsense

Nonsense? My eye. In the second Norn zone there is a small fort where there are several trainers. Every 10 minutes there is a dynamic event where you have to escort someone to another place (there is a small in there). EVERY 10 MINUTES. This is just one example of the repeatable Dynamic Events.

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

You are talking about a starter zone in Beta ....if the event didn't happen every 10 minutes 5k people would be standing around with a finger up their ass ...and what do hearts and DE's have to do with instances ?

  p_c_sousa

Novice Member

Joined: 3/31/08
Posts: 627

8/05/12 5:43:08 PM#153
Originally posted by Eir_S
Originally posted by Spiider

Fanboism is strong in this one.

It will not change the fact that GW2 is same old same old for many of us. Call it WOW clone, call it not-same-as-rift or call it Matilda but it will not be revolutionary and industry breaking or saving. 12 months, after that it becomes booooring. Maybe not even that long.

It makes me wonder, when people post things like this, what they ARE waiting for.

actually i would like to know what games he play... 

  Creslin321

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 2/27/09
Posts: 5424

8/05/12 5:50:09 PM#154
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by tordurbar

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

Two wrong things here:

1) hearts are not dynamic events.

2) nope, you don't enter another instance. You are still in the same world than everyone else, before, during and after you did the heart. There are no separate instances or even phases. People don't magically appear or disappear in a separate world depending on which stage you are in any particuliar event or even just heart.

 

What tordurbar was trying to say is that GW2 is just like WOW or SWTOR IF you start making a whole bunch of random crap up.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

  Bad.dog

Novice Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 1160

8/05/12 5:53:58 PM#155
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by tordurbar

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

Two wrong things here:

1) hearts are not dynamic events.

2) nope, you don't enter another instance. You are still in the same world than everyone else, before, during and after you did the heart. There are no separate instances or even phases. People don't magically appear or disappear in a separate world depending on which stage you are in any particuliar event or even just heart.

 

But he used cool words like over hyped. Second coming, the Holy Grail and instances

  mikuniman

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/28/06
Posts: 288

8/05/12 5:57:17 PM#156
Originally posted by Aerowyn

i'd also suggest his videos for more info on PVE

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaraEmm/videos?view=0

Obviously a troll post but I see it brought out the GW2 police

  aesperus

Elite Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 5156

8/05/12 6:04:34 PM#157
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by tordurbar

Dynamic Events do change the landscape. Blank hearts become filled hearts. Guess what? You are in another instance! This is NO difference from WOW or SWTOR or any other game that has instances. Completely different? No way!

Two wrong things here:

1) hearts are not dynamic events.

2) nope, you don't enter another instance. You are still in the same world than everyone else, before, during and after you did the heart. There are no separate instances or even phases. People don't magically appear or disappear in a separate world depending on which stage you are in any particuliar event or even just heart.

This ^

To spell it out for anyone reading some of the BS posted by some of the people in this thread, there are only 3 things that are instanced in GW2:

1) Personal story (which goes along w/ your personal instance)

2) Certain dungeons (not all dungeons are instanced, but a lot of them are)

3) Structured PvP maps.

Anyone whos saying differently is either making stuff up, trolling, or has no concept as to what instances actually are.

Furthermore:

Hearts and Dynamic Events are different (as Korrigan points out). Hearts are a tertiary mechanic in this game meant to mimic more standard WoW-like quests, for people coming from those types of games. Hearts are basically nothing more than an influence bar. Each heart is an NPC, and you work towards building enough reputation w/ that NPC in order to buy stuff from them. That's it.

Dynamic events on the other hand, are varied, and constantly changing. You will see many of the same ones repeat in the starter zones, but that's not because the events are on a timer. It's because you have a ton of people all doing the same events over and over again, which essentially keeps resetting it. This changes as you get into higher & higher lvl zones, and the events start repeating less and less frequently.

- As for voice acting, if you are expecting Bioware or TSW quality, it's not quite on that lvl. It's certainly not terrible, but I would argue that it's one of the weakest parts of the game. This isn't to say that it's bad, but that the rest of the game is done so well that it kind of outshines the story elements. There's also some dialogues I came across that I wish were changed / written better. However, unlike the other games, this game didn't spend most of it's money on voice overs, so there's a good reason why it isn't as strong a feature as other aspects of the game. This is a game built more around community, good gameplay mechanics, and atmosphere over everything else. If you are looking for another single-player story driven MMO, this probably isn't the game for you.

 

  DJJazzy

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/18/11
Posts: 2077

8/05/12 6:13:37 PM#158
Originally posted by mikuniman
Originally posted by Aerowyn

i'd also suggest his videos for more info on PVE

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaraEmm/videos?view=0

Obviously a troll post but I see it brought out the GW2 police


People aren't allowed to defend something they like? Especially in their own forum?

  User Deleted
8/05/12 6:13:46 PM#159
@aesperus : yes, the voice overs in the personal quest are arguably not as good as SW:TOR or even TSW... but there are voice overs all over the world too, during dynamic events, or just from NPCs doing their stuff. Those are, to the opposite of SW:TOR's "dead" world, a major positive aspect of GW2 :)
  DJJazzy

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/18/11
Posts: 2077

8/05/12 6:18:21 PM#160
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
@aesperus : yes, the voice overs in the personal quest are arguably not as good as SW:TOR or even TSW... but there are voice overs all over the world too, during dynamic events, or just from NPCs doing their stuff. Those are, to the opposite of SW:TOR's "dead" world, a major positive aspect of GW2 :)

The voice overs in the personal story stuff you can take it or leave it. SWTOR and TSW definitely does it better in my opinion. However, the greatness of the voice work in GW2 is in the npcs in the open world. It makes the world come alive.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search