Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Albion Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,123 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,416
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Diablo 3

Diablo 3 

General Discussion  » How will Blizzard retaliate?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
140 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 6970

6/19/12 11:05:17 PM#41

This is just a dry run for Titan.

  Adam1902

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/02/04
Posts: 514

6/19/12 11:09:11 PM#42

The people doing these chargebacks should expect a bill. Let me spell it out:

  • The TOS states that you don't own ANYTHING in the game. Just a lisence to play, and a lisence to use a particular item.
  • It also states that they anything is subject to change, with or without prior notice.
  • Not only do Blizzard not even have to announce changes like these, but they did so before releasing the RMAH. It was on the login screen where everyone could see.
  • I bet the people making chargebacks explained it in the form of "they purchased an item from Blizzard, which was then changed". Rather than saying it was an auction buying the item from another player where the transaction was facilitated by Blizzard.
These are the obvious points. Now lets look at what happens to Blizzard when you charge back.
Blizzard take £1 and 15% out of the buyer, listing the item. So for a £100 item sale, Blizzard recieve make £16. You are taking £100 off Blizzard. They lose £84.
 
  • It's rumored that 4 years of D3's development time was spent sorting out all the legalities of the RMAH.
  • Blizzard have very good lawyers, and were the first to legally take down a bot company.
  • Thousands of people doing this are causing a big loss for the corporate giants.
Blizzard will get in touch with the CC companies, the CC companies will go "shit, we're sorry" (OR will they!? This could get quite interesting), and Blizzard will send you a bill of whatever you charged back, and you'll get bad credit and lose your RMAH access.
 
I can actually see this catastrophe luring media attention, too.

_________
Currently in casual mode!
Playing: Path of Exile, Tribal Wars

Watching: Albion Online

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

  User Deleted
6/19/12 11:12:11 PM#43

Gotta love online only for a single player rpg.

  Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/12/09
Posts: 1272

Bite my fiery metal ass!

6/19/12 11:14:40 PM#44
Originally posted by leftyZX
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Originally posted by zymurgeist

How the hell are they going to chargeback a auction item? Paypal has already agreed not to. You chargeback paypal and you're in for a fight. If you chargeback a game purchase Blizzard bans all your accounts and refuses to deal with you again.

If I were Blizzard, I'd also be sending them a bill. If they refused to pay, I'd sic a collections agency on them. That'll look really good on their credit reports, eh?

Actually blizzard would need to appeal to the CC company or file suit. I don't know the mass at which this is happening but if a few thousand people chargeback for "bait and switch" then blizzard could see its name on a blacklist.

What makes it interesting is how it'll all unfold, the early damages could really harm blizzard even if they can be fixed or "justly" corrected later.

RMAH went live a few weeks after the IAS nerf was announced, how is this anybody's fault other than the poeple to bought the item on the RMAH? I am not sure what more Blizz could have done other than blocking item with IAS on them from being sold, which I am not sure is even technically possible. They gave everybody ample warning.

Logic is hard on this forum apparently.

You really made a new account for this? I'm not arguing right or wrong here. The damage is going to happen, i'm just curious how it'll play out.

As for logic? what are you talking about. The situation is new for the most part and the scale is very large.

Yes..I actually created a new account to comment on this...is that frowned upon here?

As for logic, im refering to the fact that people are raging bloody murder claiming bait and switch, when it was clearely layed out by Blizz in every possible way (including on the mandatory launcher) before the RMAH was even released...

If you are impacted by this, it is your own fault, there really is no discussion to be had on it.

I've not purchased a single thing from the RMAH, i've profited from it greatly though.

However there is a real discussion for this as it could great impact online gaming as we know it. Things can go alot of ways with this, either swept under the rug or blizzard fights it. If Blizzard really does try to fight this in some form or another, it could garner some unwanted attention to our virtual worlds.


There is nothing for Blizz to fight, this is not the first time a company has changed stat values in an RPG, and it will not be the last...all of which you "accpted" by using the RMAH.

Blizz didnt even have to give a warning about the nerf, but they did...ample...there really is no discussion here.

still blizz known that they going nerf it, but still they launch RMAH instead

there lots of kids lazy enough wont read news and update notes, are they aiming this kids for small extra cash?

So what was Blizzard supposed to do then? Just not launch the AH? Things are ALWAYS going to be changing in games like these, it's part of the goddamn genre FFS you... person.

You know when you go to pet a strange dog, and it growls at you? It's not the poor dog's fault when you persist and get your f*cking hand ripped off, is it? No, it's yours.

Blizzard 'growled' at you with their forum and blog posts. If you ignored them, it's your own f*cking fault.

Forgive my profanity, but it just boggles my mind that people don't understand this.

  laserit

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/24/10
Posts: 1367

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

6/19/12 11:15:40 PM#45
Originally posted by Adam1902

The people doing these chargebacks should expect a bill. Let me spell it out:

  • The TOS states that you don't own ANYTHING in the game. Just a lisence to play, and a lisence to use a particular item.
  • It also states that they anything is subject to change, with or without prior notice.
  • Not only do Blizzard not even have to announce changes like these, but they did so before releasing the RMAH. It was on the login screen where everyone could see.
  • I bet the people making chargebacks explained it in the form of "they purchased an item from Blizzard, which was then changed". Rather than saying it was an auction buying the item from another player where the transaction was facilitated by Blizzard.
These are the obvious points. Now lets look at what happens to Blizzard when you charge back.
Blizzard take £1 and 15% out of the buyer, listing the item. So for a £100 item sale, Blizzard recieve make £16. You are taking £100 off Blizzard. They lose £84.
 
  • It's rumored that 4 years of D3's development time was spent sorting out all the legalities of the RMAH.
  • Blizzard have very good lawyers, and were the first to legally take down a bot company.
  • Thousands of people doing this are causing a big loss for the corporate giants.
Blizzard will get in touch with the CC companies, the CC companies will go "shit, we're sorry" (OR will they!? This could get quite interesting), and Blizzard will send you a bill of whatever you charged back, and you'll get bad credit and lose your RMAH access.
 
I can actually see this catastrophe luring media attention, too.

4yrs into development time into sorting out legalities? lol, doesnt mean shit until it holds up in court. If that is true it just show's me what a sleezy business Blizzard has become. 

Zenimax kicked my dog

  User Deleted
6/19/12 11:16:03 PM#46
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Edit:  I guess being open and honest with your community gets you nothing but hatred, scorn, and chargebacks.

 

That is the funniest post i have ever seen, open and honest huh with a system based on greedy and designed to give a stream of money on items that don't exist and that could be easily exploited from day one by gold farmers lying in wait for the day it launched. Sorry but no, just no.

  Jimmydean

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1295

6/19/12 11:16:08 PM#47

And this, my friends, is exactly why we don't want RMT within the game.

  Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/12/09
Posts: 1272

Bite my fiery metal ass!

6/19/12 11:19:03 PM#48
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Edit:  I guess being open and honest with your community gets you nothing but hatred, scorn, and chargebacks.

 

That is the funniest post i have ever seen, open and honest huh with a system based on greedy and designed to give a stream of money on items that don't exist and that could be easily exploited from day one by gold farmers lying in wait for the day it launched. Sorry but no, just no.

Point out to me how they were NOT open and honest with the upcoming changes?

Yeah, thought so.

  Acidon

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/09/05
Posts: 677

Permafried

6/19/12 11:21:01 PM#49
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Edit:  I guess being open and honest with your community gets you nothing but hatred, scorn, and chargebacks.

 

That is the funniest post i have ever seen, open and honest huh with a system based on greedy and designed to give a stream of money on items that don't exist and that could be easily exploited from day one by gold farmers lying in wait for the day it launched. Sorry but no, just no.

 

Yup.. This.  ^^

The entire game was designed for RMAH long before it was even due to come online.  Makes me sick.  Oh well, another great game series bites the dust.

Sometimes I miss the days of text-only games, where the story was everything, and the artists that created them wanted to tell you the story and let you live it.

I'm babbling and no one is reading this anyway.  Oh well.   I had a minute to spare.  o7

Happily Playing: ESO
Mourning: World of Darkness

MMO Gamer Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g - NSFWOSC

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

  laserit

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/24/10
Posts: 1367

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

6/19/12 11:23:24 PM#50
Originally posted by Acidon
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Edit:  I guess being open and honest with your community gets you nothing but hatred, scorn, and chargebacks.

 

That is the funniest post i have ever seen, open and honest huh with a system based on greedy and designed to give a stream of money on items that don't exist and that could be easily exploited from day one by gold farmers lying in wait for the day it launched. Sorry but no, just no.

 

Yup.. This.  ^^

The entire game was designed for RMAH long before it was even due to come online.  Makes me sick.  Oh well, another great game series bites the dust.

Sometimes I miss the days of text-only games, where the story was everything, and the artists that created them wanted to tell you the story and let you live it.

I'm babbling and no one is reading this anyway.  Oh well.   I had a minute to spare.  o7

Ever play "Pyramid" or "Bedlam" ?

 

Seems games have changed and not necessarily for the better my friend

Zenimax kicked my dog

  BeansnBread

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/19/06
Posts: 5540

6/19/12 11:32:09 PM#51

So then, Blizzard pays the bill and the person that did the chargeback keeps the item anyway.

 

I think they should ban anyone that does a chargeback. That would stop the behavior pretty quickly. You would lose some customers and it would be a PR nightmare, but I think this is a situation where the behavior just needs to be stopped dead in its tracks.

 

I'm glad it's not going well for them. I'd rather not see this model repeated any time soon.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 5/21/06
Posts: 1878

6/19/12 11:32:39 PM#52
I find it very interesting that Blizzard can have a RMT auction house and still claim that players don't own the items sold there. I really hope some people with good lawyers take them to the cleaners over this...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

  Jimmydean

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1295

6/19/12 11:34:51 PM#53
Originally posted by Souldrainer
I find it very interesting that Blizzard can have a RMT auction house and still claim that players don't own the items sold there. I really hope some people with good lawyers take them to the cleaners over this...

Latest Blizzard antics bring up an inner rage within me that is hard to contain.  I can't really do anything about it besides get my money back, block charges on annual pass, and never give Blizzard another dime. Will they care? Nope. But, it makes me feel better.

  waynejr2

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/12/11
Posts: 3707

RIP City of Heroes!

6/19/12 11:35:45 PM#54
Originally posted by Rednecksith

If we're talking about chargebacks on goods purchased from the RMAH, then I say sic the lawyers on 'em.  It was said by Blizzard LONG before the RMAH even went live that IAS was going to be nerfed. People who bought items with this property did so at their own risk. Also, items/skills/etc. get changed ALL THE TIME in games like these. It's nothing new.

If we're talking about people wanting refunds on the game, well, they had 30 days, which is incredibly generous in the software industry, where most sales are FINAL. If you can't decide if you like a game or not in 30 days, I don't know what to tell you. Even back in the day Electronics Boutique only gave you 15.

Any good lawyer could easily prove that there was absolutely no 'bait and switch'. The customers whining, and the credit card companies siding with them have absolutely no leg to stand on.

And lastly, there is the TOS. While not a binding contract of any sort (legally), it does explain things such as refund policies and whatnot, so folks really can't plead ignorance.

I'm nowhere near the biggest Blizzard fan in the world, and readily admit that D3 has some issues, but these people demanding refunds / reimbursment are just petulant children who are angry they can't faceroll content anymore.

Edit: Blizzard changed the items because it was the most transparent and obvious approach to the problem. I guess being open and honest with your community gets you nothing but hatred, scorn, and chargebacks.

They marketed RMAH as part of d3.  They never said you were required to have a cell phone or purchase an authenticator.  They changed the policy about that requirement so they have sold a product not as intended.  My CC company seems supportive of the disputed charge.

 

 

Also, tried to get a hold of blizzard for a refund on the phone without connecting to someone and their phone queue booted me.  Sent an email to sales per the purchase confirmation and never got a reply from them. They are avoiding refunds which I think is good enough for a dispute.

  laserit

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/24/10
Posts: 1367

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

6/19/12 11:38:22 PM#55
Originally posted by colddog04

So then, Blizzard pays the bill and the person that did the chargeback keeps the item anyway.

 

It is a good question... how are they going to combat this?

 

I think they should ban anyone that does a chargeback. That would stop the behavior pretty quickly. You would lose some customers and it would be a PR nightmare, but I think this is a situation where the behavior just needs to be stopped dead in its tracks.

 

I'm glad it's not going well for them. I'd rather not see this model repeated any time soon.

I think the behavior that needs to be stopped is companies making real money auction houses with virtual goods that they can change on a whim.

 

Real money for virtual goods that can be changed at anytime.

 

Whatta Racket

Zenimax kicked my dog

  FrodoFragins

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/29/10
Posts: 2757

6/19/12 11:40:20 PM#56

My guess is the following:

 

1) The credit card companies need to contact Blizzard to get their side

2) Blizzard will show them the EULA the buyers agreed to before using the AH

3) Most CC companies will not let the chargeback go through

4) Everyone asking for chargebacks will be denied future use of the RMAH

 

The other issue is that players put more money on their BNET account than was needed for the disputed purchases.  That adds a whole new issue.  I do think it's lame that people may have bought items without knowing about the nerf.  I'm not sure I would see it as big of a deal if they kept the stats but implemented diminishing returns.

 

 

 

 

  Jimmydean

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1295

6/19/12 11:42:44 PM#57
Originally posted by FrodoFragins

My guess is the following:

 

1) The credit card companies need to contact Blizzard to get their side

2) Blizzard will show them the EULA the buyers agreed to before using the AH

3) Most CC companies will not let the chargeback go through

 

The other issue is that players put more money on their BNET account than was needed for the disputed purchases.  That adds a whole new issue.  I do think it's lame that people may have bought items without knowing about the nerf.  I'm not sure I would see it as big of a deal if they kept the stats but implemented diminishing returns.

 

 

 

 

You forgot step 4, where the CC companies laugh and giggle at Blizzard trying to push a EULA on them for virtual goods.

  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 5/21/06
Posts: 1878

6/19/12 11:44:52 PM#58
Originally posted by Jimmydean
Originally posted by Souldrainer
I find it very interesting that Blizzard can have a RMT auction house and still claim that players don't own the items sold there. I really hope some people with good lawyers take them to the cleaners over this...

Latest Blizzard antics bring up an inner rage within me that is hard to contain.  I can't really do anything about it besides get my money back, block charges on annual pass, and never give Blizzard another dime. Will they care? Nope. But, it makes me feel better.

 

Oh yeah. I think Blizzard has finally gone off the deep end. Always on wasn't about DRM or security... it's totally aboit increasing exposure to the RMT auction house. The whole game is just one huge funnel suckering sheeple into their new buy to win model, and with thunderous applause!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

  leftyZX

Novice Member

Joined: 3/16/12
Posts: 9

6/19/12 11:45:13 PM#59
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Originally posted by leftyZX
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Originally posted by zymurgeist

How the hell are they going to chargeback a auction item? Paypal has already agreed not to. You chargeback paypal and you're in for a fight. If you chargeback a game purchase Blizzard bans all your accounts and refuses to deal with you again.

If I were Blizzard, I'd also be sending them a bill. If they refused to pay, I'd sic a collections agency on them. That'll look really good on their credit reports, eh?

Actually blizzard would need to appeal to the CC company or file suit. I don't know the mass at which this is happening but if a few thousand people chargeback for "bait and switch" then blizzard could see its name on a blacklist.

What makes it interesting is how it'll all unfold, the early damages could really harm blizzard even if they can be fixed or "justly" corrected later.

RMAH went live a few weeks after the IAS nerf was announced, how is this anybody's fault other than the poeple to bought the item on the RMAH? I am not sure what more Blizz could have done other than blocking item with IAS on them from being sold, which I am not sure is even technically possible. They gave everybody ample warning.

Logic is hard on this forum apparently.

You really made a new account for this? I'm not arguing right or wrong here. The damage is going to happen, i'm just curious how it'll play out.

As for logic? what are you talking about. The situation is new for the most part and the scale is very large.

Yes..I actually created a new account to comment on this...is that frowned upon here?

As for logic, im refering to the fact that people are raging bloody murder claiming bait and switch, when it was clearely layed out by Blizz in every possible way (including on the mandatory launcher) before the RMAH was even released...

If you are impacted by this, it is your own fault, there really is no discussion to be had on it.

I've not purchased a single thing from the RMAH, i've profited from it greatly though.

However there is a real discussion for this as it could great impact online gaming as we know it. Things can go alot of ways with this, either swept under the rug or blizzard fights it. If Blizzard really does try to fight this in some form or another, it could garner some unwanted attention to our virtual worlds.


There is nothing for Blizz to fight, this is not the first time a company has changed stat values in an RPG, and it will not be the last...all of which you "accpted" by using the RMAH.

Blizz didnt even have to give a warning about the nerf, but they did...ample...there really is no discussion here.

still blizz known that they going nerf it, but still they launch RMAH instead

there lots of kids lazy enough wont read news and update notes, are they aiming this kids for small extra cash?

So what was Blizzard supposed to do then? Just not launch the AH? Things are ALWAYS going to be changing in games like these, it's part of the goddamn genre FFS you... person.

You know when you go to pet a strange dog, and it growls at you? It's not the poor dog's fault when you persist and get your f*cking hand ripped off, is it? No, it's yours.

Blizzard 'growled' at you with their forum and blog posts. If you ignored them, it's your own f*cking fault.

Forgive my profanity, but it just boggles my mind that people don't understand this.

im already 2 step a head of u, i havent buy d game yet bcos i hearing all this server trouble, hack, RMAH, etc etc

like parent always said "dont pet a strange dog if u dont know who belongs to", so......im not that stupid buying defect product, im keep waiting till this game perfectly playable and enjoyable

i just want to know that blizz could nerf item first then launch RMAH do they? instead d opposite

  User Deleted
6/19/12 11:46:11 PM#60

Seriously, who didn't see this coming or wasn't told this was coming.

 

I'm not going to argue legality of a ToS/EULA/etc or how it affects pre-existing law.  With enough money and time, it's been proven time and time again that someone will find a loophole and someone will fight that loophole with another loophole.  What gets me is, what will Blizzard do.  They are the big target of the entire industry.  Their Activision brothers and their actions aren't well thought of as is.  No matter how you look at it.  No matter how it plays out.  This is a PR nightmare that will dwarf previuos WoW fiascos.  The sheer number of articles and debates over this will be huge.  Opportunistic people will be lying in wait for the outcome and the possibilities that follow.  And... this will not be the last problem with the RMAH.  The box is open.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search