Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,183 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,720
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Elder Scrolls Online

Elder Scrolls Online 

General Discussion  » Do yourselves a favor and let the game sink on its own faults

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
49 posts found
  jiveturkey12

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/22/04
Posts: 1284

 
OP  5/15/12 4:11:47 AM#1

To be honest, I dislike this game as much as any hardcore ES fan does, but to put it simply, let it go now and save everyone a big hassle.

No new information is going to come about within the next year to make the Hardcore ES fans in this group like the game or even find an intrest in it; other than the bad press it will obviously recieve...

...And trying to argue your point across on why you dislike the game will only fuel the degenerated off-beat fanboyism for the game its already receiving (Much like SWTOR), which will do nothing but provide it with more sales simply from "new fans" wanting to prove they are the "Real" fans who truely support the game (Even though they have no respect for the basis of where it comes from, much like the developers).

And who are those people purchasing ESO on day one if not the Hardcore ES players? Casuals that will get bored of it in a very short time span and move on to another flavor of the month MMO.

So just leave the game alone and let it sink into the abyss of other failed IP MMO's, it wont lessen the lore and fun of the games we love (Im playing Morrowind right now and its still one of the best games of all time), and at the end of the day it will just save alot of trouble for everyone and leave its tawdry support waining.

I mean you can continue to post on these forums to try and persuade a few people to change their minds, but much like everything these days, their will just be some creepy-bipartisian-esque posters who will stick to their guns no matter what point is provided, and giving attention to the other side just gives them more of a chance to hep the game succeed even in such a small unsatisfying way to the great IP it has backing it.

In the end thats the only reason this game is being made and we all know it, im banking on this being the last time a big name IP will be given a hugely overproduced themepark game because they wont be making money after this anymore. WoW pulled everyone in, and since then theres just been minimal returns for everyone else who has tried and tried to reproduce its huge money grossing effect. Even the biggest IP STAR WARS couldnt produce a blockbust hit MMO but again rather a flavor of the month MMO, simple, forgettable, a game that few will talk about in the future beyond a couple people. Id rather just see MMO's die and come back in 5 years to some good games when the Corps lose intrest and theirs no one left to sell out to. Its sad but its honestly the best possible thinking.

 

Gaia be with you my friends.

  User Deleted
5/15/12 4:14:42 AM#2

Nope not gonna happen especially when some elements of what makes the TES series so awesome still have time to be implemented.  Its not out for another year or more so theres time to change some things.

  Rekindle

Novice Member

Joined: 3/03/05
Posts: 1206

5/17/12 9:23:40 AM#3

have an opinion but well said.

 

The lust for the almighty dollar is an ironic but direct reason for the demise of truly innovative and creative games.  WoW stamped out the Rosetta stone for everyone with a license I doubt we will see anything different now.

 Sites like this don't really inspire true debate (locking threads for using the term WoW clone, santizing true free speech) even if they seem to on the surface. 

There are vastly more consumers out there that would eat up every last wow clone than there are disgruntled gamers who are looking for virtual worlds.

 

Maybe our hope is rests with Grand Fantasia or World of Warplanes or perhaps Drakensang Online.  This industry and has become a farce in my mind.

 

  iceman00

Novice Member

Joined: 5/04/05
Posts: 1367

Kevin Tierney

5/17/12 9:32:37 PM#4

I think badspock said something I agree with, the gist of which was....  out of simply justice, this game needs to be attacked hard and relentlessely. 

Either Zenimax will get a clue and make some changes, or this will have so much negative heat surrounding it that it folds quickly.

  Classicstar

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/04
Posts: 2501

5/19/12 3:10:19 AM#5

TESO prolly will be succes becouse of nature of masses who don't care if its not solo game they just hear hey Elder Scroll and buy it becouse its themepark with colorful world and solo gameplay and all in the WoW third person view.

True TES fan proly won't play it but the MASS themepark fans and WoWclone fanbase will jump on the TESO bandwagon.
======= ======= ======== =======
"The Elder Scrolls Online will be played in a third-person perspective and is attempting to be a "modern" MMO, blending The Elder Scrolls features into this new genre. Not all Elder Scrolls fans are happy with the new title's angle, but Firor said that's just fine.

"The worst situation for a game community to be in is where no one posts on the boards because they don't care," he said. "If they post on the boards, they care, even if they're not being so polite about it. But that's a fact of life: You're an Internet game, you're on the Internet, you have an Internet community. And the Internet community is always very vocal.

"So what you do is learn from it. You make sure you do the best job to deliver the best game that you can and they you go from there."


This what ZENIMAX things of TES fans SCREW YOU we don't care what you think they think hey popular name lets CASHIN $$$$$$ :(

MB:MSI Z97XPOWER AC
CPU:Intell Icore7 4790k
GPU:MSI 2x AMD 290X
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i
OS:WIN7 64bit Ultimate

  zevni78

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/10
Posts: 1116

5/19/12 5:13:07 AM#6
Originally posted by Zylaxx

Nope not gonna happen especially when some elements of what makes the TES series so awesome still have time to be implemented.  Its not out for another year or more so theres time to change some things.

Seriously? A year isn’t enough when the changes needed are too fundamental, and have you any reason to think Zenimax are willing to make that many changes? Or any at all? Starting from scratch, and a different company is the only way, no compromises, there is no part of the WoW formula needed here.
 
 
I agree with the OP, this project is pathetic, the one thing in it's defence, 3 faction pvp, won't be that special in a year as there will be at least 4 AAA mmos with it by then.
 
As to the masses buying it anyway, even the general public are getting sick of the same thing judging by Facebook, Youtube, general gamer comments. Why else would other WoW clones of the last couple of years (Rift, Swtor, etc) still be struggling to keep subs? And why else is there so much buzz around mmos such as GW2 that boast of breaking that mould?
 
Zenimax miss-judged the mmo gamer climate, and will pay, that’s been clear from the first announcement, it is inevitable. Devs never learn or adapt fast enough, and this lot are as dense as they come. Look at their threatening a free app maker, right when they need good press.
 
 
 
  Lexin

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/09/05
Posts: 701

Mess With The Rest
Die Like The Best!

5/21/12 7:35:55 PM#7

Same was said about several MMO's but nope people bought it and were disappointed.

  rguilbert

Novice Member

Joined: 1/10/11
Posts: 107

5/21/12 8:27:43 PM#8

Sometimes I don't understand people on these forums...

 

1.  It's been in development since 2007.  It will release next year.  That means that they are putting finishing touches on a close-to-complete game.  Do you really think that some people griping on forums will make them say "oh well, lets start again and try for a release in 2020?

 

2.  Not much detail is out yet.  How can you be so emotional about something you don't really know jack about yet?

 

3.  Bethesda isn't making it.  They are making the next single player TES game.  In other words, this doesn't affect the releasing of the next TES game.  If you don't like ESO, don't buy it (and it won't adversly affect your life in any way whatsoever).

 

If it is so incredibly bad that only one person buys it and enjoys it, that's still one more person having fun than if they don't make it at all (which seems to be what a lot are wishing). 

 

 

  Deivos

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/04
Posts: 1701

Iarð skal rifna, ok upphiminn.

5/21/12 8:35:02 PM#9

A few million for one person's fun isn't very sensible rguil...

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. - Vaarsuvius

  rguilbert

Novice Member

Joined: 1/10/11
Posts: 107

5/21/12 8:39:43 PM#10
Of course.  That's obviously the ridiculous extreme.  The point is that no one should be getting so upset about it.  If you don't like it, don't buy it. 
 
Suggesting boycotts and hoping it is terrible (or canceled)  seems strange to me.
  Thupli

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/25/11
Posts: 387

5/21/12 8:39:46 PM#11

I just cant believe that people are judging this game so horribly when it isn't even close to done.  I guess that's MMORPG community for ya.

 

  Deivos

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/04
Posts: 1701

Iarð skal rifna, ok upphiminn.

5/21/12 8:48:41 PM#12

One would assume that if you agree to a person's request to boycott a game, then you agree with them on the reason to boycott it. Any invitation to do so is in principle a motion to alternatively inform or sway you to sharing that opinion. That's no different than some one advertising for or praising the game, just the goal is an inverse effect.

 

And people don't know details, but we have been given a range of general information between the initial release commentary and the followup, if you haven't noticed people are often referencing comments the developers made in those publishings or the recent video.

 

Like we know they claim the combat is traditional tab target and hotbar, but they added a universal 'block' ability for damage mitigation.

 

We know they claim players pick a specific class to play, and progress in only the defined role of that class.

 

 People judge it based on what the developers have said. We know only what they claim, and what they claim has frustrated many players.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. - Vaarsuvius

  Uhwop

Elite Member

Joined: 3/20/10
Posts: 1597

5/21/12 8:55:26 PM#13
Originally posted by rguilbert
Of course.  That's obviously the ridiculous extreme.  The point is that no one should be getting so upset about it.  If you don't like it, don't buy it. 
 
Suggesting boycotts and hoping it is terrible (or canceled)  seems strange to me.

 Maybe because once they make an ES mmo they won't get a chance to make another correctly?

Many, many people have waited a long time for them to actually make an ES MMO and when they finally announce they are we find out it's just another generic, class based mmo and not the sandbox mmo people expected an ESO to be.

Why do you think when the initial announcement was made there was so much excitement, and then when details started releasing that excitement turned into sheer horror?  MMORPG didn't write an article about how ESO will change the face of MMO's moments after the announcment was made because they though it was going to be just another WoWesque mmo we've been playing for the last decade.  They wrote the article because they though it was going to be an MMO that brought in the features that made the ES games so popular.

There's more then enough informatin about the game for people to know what kind of game it's going to be, and the latest interviews have shown that the game informer leek was indeed the real thing. 

You have to be living in a complete vacuum to think there isn't enough information for people to know that TESO is not going to play anything like an ES games, especially when they've already said it play exactly like WoW.

Or did you not here the guy in the latest interview when he was asked what can fans of the past few ES games look forward to in TESO,and his responce, "people that liked skyim can look forward to adventure in the lands of skyrim."  One would expect that we can already do that in a real ES game, not a DAoC/ WoW mock up with an ES title and lore that they said isn't even considered canon by bethesda.

  Comaf

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/13/10
Posts: 1124

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

5/21/12 9:00:58 PM#14
Originally posted by jiveturkey12

To be honest, I dislike this game as much as any hardcore ES fan does, but to put it simply, let it go now and save everyone a big hassle.

No new information is going to come about within the next year to make the Hardcore ES fans in this group like the game or even find an intrest in it; other than the bad press it will obviously recieve...

...And trying to argue your point across on why you dislike the game will only fuel the degenerated off-beat fanboyism for the game its already receiving (Much like SWTOR), which will do nothing but provide it with more sales simply from "new fans" wanting to prove they are the "Real" fans who truely support the game (Even though they have no respect for the basis of where it comes from, much like the developers).

And who are those people purchasing ESO on day one if not the Hardcore ES players? Casuals that will get bored of it in a very short time span and move on to another flavor of the month MMO.

So just leave the game alone and let it sink into the abyss of other failed IP MMO's, it wont lessen the lore and fun of the games we love (Im playing Morrowind right now and its still one of the best games of all time), and at the end of the day it will just save alot of trouble for everyone and leave its tawdry support waining.

I mean you can continue to post on these forums to try and persuade a few people to change their minds, but much like everything these days, their will just be some creepy-bipartisian-esque posters who will stick to their guns no matter what point is provided, and giving attention to the other side just gives them more of a chance to hep the game succeed even in such a small unsatisfying way to the great IP it has backing it.

In the end thats the only reason this game is being made and we all know it, im banking on this being the last time a big name IP will be given a hugely overproduced themepark game because they wont be making money after this anymore. WoW pulled everyone in, and since then theres just been minimal returns for everyone else who has tried and tried to reproduce its huge money grossing effect. Even the biggest IP STAR WARS couldnt produce a blockbust hit MMO but again rather a flavor of the month MMO, simple, forgettable, a game that few will talk about in the future beyond a couple people. Id rather just see MMO's die and come back in 5 years to some good games when the Corps lose intrest and theirs no one left to sell out to. Its sad but its honestly the best possible thinking.

 

Gaia be with you my friends.

I find it peculiar that a lot of so called ES fans are so quickly knocking an mmorpg that could potentially finally lead the industry out of the 2 faction cartoony theme park environment of WoW clones.  If I didn't know any better, I would say there is a diabolical organization or club of developers who are trying to destroy the industry with sub par crap pvp (same races and classes versing each other in a BG), and silly cute quests along with nothing that remotely relates to old school fantasy gaming.

 

This club might be afraid that due to the raising of a bar for the industry, that they will be forced to work harder, develop higher budgets, and try to cater less to the Asian market (sorry GW2 asian character graphics and cartoony WoW).  They are afraid that real political divides might exist between races (sorry Age of Conan with your attempt at a Euro version of Guildwars where no race fights under the flag of their country).

 

 

 

Just a thought.

  madjonNZ

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/13/07
Posts: 143

5/21/12 9:01:10 PM#15

I don't know anything about TES, but there seems to be a lot of dissapointment over the annoucement of features.

Given the state of things over the last 6months in the MMO industry, and the player agro over re-hashed ideas, the Devs need to think hard about what theyre offering and to who.

  Uhwop

Elite Member

Joined: 3/20/10
Posts: 1597

5/21/12 9:17:34 PM#16
Originally posted by Comaf
 

I find it peculiar that a lot of so called ES fans are so quickly knocking an mmorpg that could potentially finally lead the industry out of the 2 faction cartoony theme park environment of WoW clones.  If I didn't know any better, I would say there is a diabolical organization or club of developers who are trying to destroy the industry with sub par crap pvp (same races and classes versing each other in a BG), and silly cute quests along with nothing that remotely relates to old school fantasy gaming.

 

This club might be afraid that due to the raising of a bar for the industry, that they will be forced to work harder, develop higher budgets, and try to cater less to the Asian market (sorry GW2 asian character graphics and cartoony WoW).  They are afraid that real political divides might exist between races (sorry Age of Conan with your attempt at a Euro version of Guildwars where no race fights under the flag of their country).

 

 

 

Just a thought.

 What the hell does faction pvp have to do with ES? 

When did ES fans start begging Bethesda to make an ES mmo because we wanted an updated version of DAoC? 

When did an open-ended, free-form, classless skill based game turn into everyone wanting a class based, quest driven, race locked, faction pvp game? 

You, like the developers of the game, don't seem to understand that the way the game plays is more important then what's in the game.  It's the level of restriction they're saying is going to be there.   Race locking you into a specific faction.  Every ES game I ever played I got to choose who I was fighting for, my race was never the determining factor.  3 faction pvp isn't so much the problem, as the way your put into the faction. 

When in did you ever have to stop and kill crap in an ES game to increase a skill, while exploring the world?  Never, unless you were out hunting monsters or animals to increase a combat skill.  You won't be doing that in TESO, and that's a HUGE deal.

 

 

 

 

  Lucioon

Novice Member

Joined: 1/12/06
Posts: 840

5/24/12 11:15:05 AM#17
Originally posted by rguilbert

Sometimes I don't understand people on these forums...

 

1.  It's been in development since 2007.  It will release next year.  That means that they are putting finishing touches on a close-to-complete game.  Do you really think that some people griping on forums will make them say "oh well, lets start again and try for a release in 2020?

 

2.  Not much detail is out yet.  How can you be so emotional about something you don't really know jack about yet?

 

3.  Bethesda isn't making it.  They are making the next single player TES game.  In other words, this doesn't affect the releasing of the next TES game.  If you don't like ESO, don't buy it (and it won't adversly affect your life in any way whatsoever).

 

If it is so incredibly bad that only one person buys it and enjoys it, that's still one more person having fun than if they don't make it at all (which seems to be what a lot are wishing). 

 

 

The thing is the Magazine from Game Informer is actually quite detailed in what will be in the game and what will not.

Although Bethesda isn't making the game, saying that Elder Scrolls IP won't be damaged because of ESO is just guessing.

SWTOR was their TOR 3 4 5 , WOW is warcraft RTS to infinity, those IPs will never see their SP genre anymore.

Bethesda will be working on Skyrim DLC and Expansions but there is no word on the Next Elder Scrolls, you probably will not see a single mention of it once ESO comes out. They can just make an statement that there was never an ES after Skyrim in the plans from the beginning. 

And that they are working on the next Fallout instead of ES

If Bethesda comes out and said that The next ES Single Player is already in Development then these fears will be quinched. Otherwise this ESO will be as of now, the last ES we will see. And that affects all ES fans.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

  Jakdstripper

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/14/10
Posts: 2108

5/24/12 11:24:08 AM#18

i personaly have absolutely no intention of playing an TES mmo that doesn't feel anything like the TES games. if it's not first person, if it's not aimed based, if it's not free to build your char as you go, if it's not huge open world....then i'm not playing it.

 

if i want to play a tab targeting, 3rd person view, instanced, class based game i've got a huge list already to choose from.

  User Deleted
5/24/12 11:30:36 AM#19
Originally posted by Classicstar

TESO prolly will be succes becouse of nature of masses who don't care if its not solo game they just hear hey Elder Scroll and buy it becouse its themepark with colorful world and solo gameplay and all in the WoW third person view.

True TES fan proly won't play it but the MASS themepark fans and WoWclone fanbase will jump on the TESO bandwagon.
======= ======= ======== =======
"The Elder Scrolls Online will be played in a third-person perspective and is attempting to be a "modern" MMO, blending The Elder Scrolls features into this new genre. Not all Elder Scrolls fans are happy with the new title's angle, but Firor said that's just fine.

"The worst situation for a game community to be in is where no one posts on the boards because they don't care," he said. "If they post on the boards, they care, even if they're not being so polite about it. But that's a fact of life: You're an Internet game, you're on the Internet, you have an Internet community. And the Internet community is always very vocal.

"So what you do is learn from it. You make sure you do the best job to deliver the best game that you can and they you go from there."


This what ZENIMAX things of TES fans SCREW YOU we don't care what you think they think hey popular name lets CASHIN $$$$$$ :(

People thought The Old Republic was going to be a success because it was Star Wars and look what is happening. The game is headed to the trash bin on everyone's pc.

  WhiteLantern

Novice Member

Joined: 1/27/10
Posts: 2778

5/24/12 11:34:03 AM#20

This is the internet, we come here to argue.

 

 

 

GO!

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, wait, y'all beat me to it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search