|21 posts found|
Hard Core Member
5/16/12 11:28:07 AM#21
Ahh, the reviewer played as a lancer...
...didn't have to worry about 1-2hour dungeon ques, did you?
Here are my issues with TERA right now:
10. Exploring where with your lancer, Mr. Murphy? I'd really like to know what exploration/exploration incentives there are in TERA. Imo, it's a beautiful world that is much too hollow. If there are places to explore, lemme know.
9. Crafting is...quite frankly, a joke. I'm also going to list dyes with expiration dates here as well. Try to do some alchemy w/o breaking your bank.
8. Community is...well...fiercely loyal to EME/BH. To the point where you can not mention another PC game. I dare you to say you enjoy other MMOs/CoRPGs as well (came from Vindictus, Dragon's Nest, GW1 (quit), GW2 beta, DCUO (casual), and Rift (quit)). It's to be expected, but still...
7. The rooted animations. Oh, I love it when people compare TERA to Street Fighter or Tekken with their "rooted" animations. First of all, SF has VERY short animation roots as well as methods of canceling out of those animation roots. Tekken has longer animation roots, but still much shorter than TERA's. In point 8, I mentioned that I came from Vindictus and Dragon's Nest when I heard that TERA was an action MMO. They need to stop saying that. Target based? Yes. Action? Relative to GW1, Rift, and WoW? Sure! Relative to Vindictus, Dragon's Nest, hell, even DCUO? Not so much.
6. Political system where only a few dozen players will ever be involved. (Please be smart with your votes...I really don't want to have a low supply of stores available on June 1st)
5. No endgame item vendors until Vanarch system is implemented...that's about 2 weeks away. Price gouging is...not so great.
4. No structured PvP outside of ganking (Hopefully we'll be getting some Server v Server ala GW2/DAoC). Can't wait for battlegrounds
3. LFG chat has become the All Chat for trolls...needs some moderation or something
2. Looting...oh the looting, is horrible. Some Lancer leaders set the group to low priority so they get the best loot. Also, if you die, you can't roll for loot...meaning if no one rezzes you, they can take all the loot. I may need to find a more active guild so this doesn't happen to me, but it's already happened 4 or 5 times...
1. You can't play the class that you want and still play dungeons...if you aren't a lancer, you are waiting from 30 mins to 2 hours. We need 2 more tank classes to stop the insanity. My suggestion to you all is not to roll a DPS if you want to play the game in it's entirity. You were VERY lucky to have chosen a lancer, Mr. Murphy.
I didn't list the first 20 levels, questing, lore, etc because those have been beaten to death already.
We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be. We’ve seen the population of the game steadily rising lately and we’re not going to sit on our butts and congratulate one another, we’re going to try and build on that momentum and make the game even better. -Colin johanson on GW2