Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Pirate101 | Star Wars: The Old Republic

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,410 Users Online:0
Games:752  Posts:6,271,961
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 

General Discussion  » Now that SWTOR is obviously a success

14 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last Search
276 posts found
  Jason2444

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/18/11
Posts: 383

2/14/12 2:02:14 PM#121
Originally posted by BenGellor

Ok SWTOR is a success , As a MMO player , Ive talked to people at work and friends that would not even look at something as mainstream as WOW are playing SWTOR and loving it 

Which is why they think SWTOR is good.

 

The only people who think this game is perfectly fine are blind fan boys and "babby's first MMO"

 

It's like eating food for the first time and claiming it's the best tasting thing on the planet

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

  Laughing-man

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3392

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

2/14/12 2:04:25 PM#122
Originally posted by Hannibp

Not always, I've enjoyed World PvP on many games, especially Lineage 2. Never had a better PvP experience than in the "old" Lineage 2. (now L2 is crap)

About their WZ. I think they're.. I'm not a fan. I've played the Alderaan one, only to be guarding a point and stealth assassins taking the point while stealthed. True story. Don't know if hack, exploit, or what, but it happens. Void Star feels generic to me, and Huttball, gimmicky. It's basically taking a mechanic from a different genre and putting it into an MMO. The whole concept of Huttball just throws me off, I mean, in the SW universe.

The FPs are really cool, although from 1 to 49, Esseless is pretty epic while the rest sort of declines in effort and quality. And Colicoid War Games was just painful to me. I haven't done Red Reaper yet, or any of the lvl 50s.

I have Synthweaving too.. at 400. =(

Also, I'm sad I can't romance Nadia as a female consular, lol.

yeah you can't capture a node while invis, musta been a glitch bug or cheat.

They said they'd add in the same sex romance option later on, but as a male inquis my option would be Talos, and lets be honest, ...  no...

Once you get into Huttball's nuance's its REALLY fun, you have to get used to the hazards and use them to their full extent and strategize with a friend.  Really becomes a whole different ball of wax.

Voidstar felt silly until I played against a very organized Republic team, they wiped the floor with us and had good strategy, hugging pillars, healers working together, moving as a unit but in a smart way...

SWTOR has a lot of game play that other games don't really offer, a lot of interesting little things like having a lot of mobility and knock backs and pulls and jumps and throws and such, it makes the PVP very action feeling, which is something I was concerned about at its lauch, the combat looked slow... yet once I got involved in 50 PVP its very exciting.

I was a bit disapointed at 50 when the story ran out, but then I started looking at all the unique features this game really has to offer at all levels, even at 50.  Its still very fun to me.

  User Deleted
2/14/12 2:04:38 PM#123
Originally posted by Jason2444
Originally posted by BenGellor

Ok SWTOR is a success , As a MMO player , Ive talked to people at work and friends that would not even look at something as mainstream as WOW are playing SWTOR and loving it 

Which is why they think SWTOR is good.

 

The only people who REALLY think this game is fine are blind fan boys and "babby's first MMO"

 

It's like eating food for the first time and claiming it's the best tasting thing on the planet

My game "partner" started playing the game with me. He loves it. First "MMO" he's tried tho. I do tell him as an MMO it's on the "meh" side, he trusts my judgement. 

I mean, objectivity and subjectivity are different things. In the Name of the King is a pretty bad movie. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

  User Deleted
2/14/12 2:10:17 PM#124
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by Hannibp

Not always, I've enjoyed World PvP on many games, especially Lineage 2. Never had a better PvP experience than in the "old" Lineage 2. (now L2 is crap)

About their WZ. I think they're.. I'm not a fan. I've played the Alderaan one, only to be guarding a point and stealth assassins taking the point while stealthed. True story. Don't know if hack, exploit, or what, but it happens. Void Star feels generic to me, and Huttball, gimmicky. It's basically taking a mechanic from a different genre and putting it into an MMO. The whole concept of Huttball just throws me off, I mean, in the SW universe.

The FPs are really cool, although from 1 to 49, Esseless is pretty epic while the rest sort of declines in effort and quality. And Colicoid War Games was just painful to me. I haven't done Red Reaper yet, or any of the lvl 50s.

I have Synthweaving too.. at 400. =(

Also, I'm sad I can't romance Nadia as a female consular, lol.

yeah you can't capture a node while invis, musta been a glitch bug or cheat.

They said they'd add in the same sex romance option later on, but as a male inquis my option would be Talos, and lets be honest, ...  no...

Once you get into Huttball's nuance's its REALLY fun, you have to get used to the hazards and use them to their full extent and strategize with a friend.  Really becomes a whole different ball of wax.

Voidstar felt silly until I played against a very organized Republic team, they wiped the floor with us and had good strategy, hugging pillars, healers working together, moving as a unit but in a smart way...

SWTOR has a lot of game play that other games don't really offer, a lot of interesting little things like having a lot of mobility and knock backs and pulls and jumps and throws and such, it makes the PVP very action feeling, which is something I was concerned about at its lauch, the combat looked slow... yet once I got involved in 50 PVP its very exciting.

I was a bit disapointed at 50 when the story ran out, but then I started looking at all the unique features this game really has to offer at all levels, even at 50.  Its still very fun to me.

I heard a rumor that the same sex romance option would be implemented with new companions, not the ones that are already there. Can't say if true.

I play on Republic side, and I lose 9 out of 10 games. While I'm attempting to plant bombs, defend bombs, take points, defend points, or just score or defend in Huttball, the rest of the team just seems to be always running in circles, or chasing random Imps around the map, completely ignoring the objectives of said WZ. For that reason, I also get barely any Valor points, while the others that don't do anything worthwhile, get all the medals.

I'm not feeling the mobility in SWTOR. And the Knock Backs and Pulls I've already had in several other games, including Aion. It's not really a new thing for me.

Lol, I'm not trying to be so negative, I'm sorry. I want to give the game a chance. I sort of want to play a healer next, and I'd like to see what the Bounty Hunter plays like. Maybe I'll grow to like the game.

  Adamai

Novice Member

Joined: 4/06/10
Posts: 467

2/14/12 2:13:47 PM#125
Originally posted by Hannibp
Originally posted by Adamai
Originally posted by Hannibp
Originally posted by Adamai

wow i just got to thinking! wouldnt it be odd if business's where actually running at a loss! i mean swtor for example made alot of money from its launch muh more than it cost to create the game!! all those millions of players queing up for the best thing since sliced bread!, it really must be the best game out there for them to make all there money back in just the first month of release! but then another part of me keeps popping up in the back of my head!! my bussiness sense and it keeps saying! well swtor was only developed so the people developing it could turn a proffit in the first place. its really wierd how some peoples minds work!

 

whwy would bioware and EA create a product and spend five years doing so!! if they had no intention of making lots of money of of it! hmm why would they spend so much money on adevertiseing if they didnt know how many copies they would sell! and i think the most important question is why would they make a game seems so much like another extremely successful title in regaurds to income and proffit!! im just knocking ideas around here but i think it has something to do with makeing money and a quick turn around with a likely possibility of a slow trickle of fund afterwards!!

 

i doubt very much that they care alot for how we all think the game sux or not whyile they are making the money they do! they dont think long term but they will sell you long term in the hope you buy into it!  after if you swallow the whole long term development crap your just simply paying their wages and bills so they can keep driving round in there wicked cool cars and living in there really nice houses!! and for what!! a mediocre game with a fantastic name that sells its self.

 

you muppets!! lol 

 

Jesus.. Please tell me where you're from. So the day I have children, I make sure I don't put them into the same school you attended.

we're online! does it really matter where im from!!! or are you more concerned with your own obnoxious didnt like my post thoughts! ;) if you wanna do a hate thread then just do one lol. and as for school well i did go ! did pretty well too! but does that really mean i have to proof read and proof read my own stuff to please the likes of you!!!, or are you clever enough to just put 2 and 2 together and work out what the words say and mean!  ??? cause lets face it! you are making a mountain out of a mole hill right here, and might i add its a mole hill that is frowned upon greatly in an onlne community so troll away!!

 

also you havnt hurt my feelings either lol and just so you know!!, i wasnt writting a book i was writting what i thought hence why its written how it is.  not everything in life has to be gramatically correct ;)

 

scientific research has clearly shown that the letters in words can be in any order so long as they are the correct letters!!, the human mind will work out the word all by its self!   so you could say! your being tested by me lol. besides all that having to pay attention to what i write in a thread thats not that interesting is something im just not going to do!, so either read my post and comment according to its content if you can indeed understand basic english. Or dont.

 

Im English  ;) i've kind of earned the right to use my language how  I see fit. Im going to guess your not English.

I wouldn't call "adevertiseing", "whwy", "sux", "whyile", "there/your", "proffit", "regaurds", "bussiness", and "queing", to be excused by that "scientific research" you just mentioned. The "correct letters" are just not there. There are too many on some, too few on others, and the rest is just gibberish.

If you feel you've "earned" the right to butcher the english language, then kudos to you.

You guessed that one right! I'm actually German, and it seems my English is actually better than yours. I'm quite.. "proud".

*waits for grammar nazi jokes*

sorry about not having the jokes !! and for... shall i say accidentally adding more letters than are required! lol, and Im proud of you too for having better english than me :) but as i said before!! i really am not going to proof read my own stuff!! well i might have done if there wasnt so much to proof read! in all fairness reading and writting i find rather boreing!  so i tend to put very little effort into. i hope this quells the anxiety in your mind. 

 

p.s. i didnt proof read this either ;) may i ask how long it took you to write your comment?.  mine takes just a few seconds. but then you can tell that by how it turned out. im going to take yet another guess that you take a conciderable amount of time more to write yours than i do mine! so your english isnt better! your just alot more proud of it than i am! maybe if i spoke german! i would be as good at german as you are at english. ive been speaking english since i was able to speak english! it gets kinda boreing. and dont panic!! i do actually do it right when it really needs to be done right.

so have you finished building your mountain yet ?

  Adamai

Novice Member

Joined: 4/06/10
Posts: 467

2/14/12 2:15:04 PM#126
Originally posted by Adamai
Originally posted by Hannibp
Originally posted by Adamai
Originally posted by Hannibp
Originally posted by Adamai

wow i just got to thinking! wouldnt it be odd if business's where actually running at a loss! i mean swtor for example made alot of money from its launch muh more than it cost to create the game!! all those millions of players queing up for the best thing since sliced bread!, it really must be the best game out there for them to make all there money back in just the first month of release! but then another part of me keeps popping up in the back of my head!! my bussiness sense and it keeps saying! well swtor was only developed so the people developing it could turn a proffit in the first place. its really wierd how some peoples minds work!

 

whwy would bioware and EA create a product and spend five years doing so!! if they had no intention of making lots of money of of it! hmm why would they spend so much money on adevertiseing if they didnt know how many copies they would sell! and i think the most important question is why would they make a game seems so much like another extremely successful title in regaurds to income and proffit!! im just knocking ideas around here but i think it has something to do with makeing money and a quick turn around with a likely possibility of a slow trickle of fund afterwards!!

 

i doubt very much that they care alot for how we all think the game sux or not whyile they are making the money they do! they dont think long term but they will sell you long term in the hope you buy into it!  after if you swallow the whole long term development crap your just simply paying their wages and bills so they can keep driving round in there wicked cool cars and living in there really nice houses!! and for what!! a mediocre game with a fantastic name that sells its self.

 

you muppets!! lol 

 

Jesus.. Please tell me where you're from. So the day I have children, I make sure I don't put them into the same school you attended.

we're online! does it really matter where im from!!! or are you more concerned with your own obnoxious didnt like my post thoughts! ;) if you wanna do a hate thread then just do one lol. and as for school well i did go ! did pretty well too! but does that really mean i have to proof read and proof read my own stuff to please the likes of you!!!, or are you clever enough to just put 2 and 2 together and work out what the words say and mean!  ??? cause lets face it! you are making a mountain out of a mole hill right here, and might i add its a mole hill that is frowned upon greatly in an onlne community so troll away!!

 

also you havnt hurt my feelings either lol and just so you know!!, i wasnt writting a book i was writting what i thought hence why its written how it is.  not everything in life has to be gramatically correct ;)

 

scientific research has clearly shown that the letters in words can be in any order so long as they are the correct letters!!, the human mind will work out the word all by its self!   so you could say! your being tested by me lol. besides all that having to pay attention to what i write in a thread thats not that interesting is something im just not going to do!, so either read my post and comment according to its content if you can indeed understand basic english. Or dont.

 

Im English  ;) i've kind of earned the right to use my language how  I see fit. Im going to guess your not English.

I wouldn't call "adevertiseing", "whwy", "sux", "whyile", "there/your", "proffit", "regaurds", "bussiness", and "queing", to be excused by that "scientific research" you just mentioned. The "correct letters" are just not there. There are too many on some, too few on others, and the rest is just gibberish.

If you feel you've "earned" the right to butcher the english language, then kudos to you.

You guessed that one right! I'm actually German, and it seems my English is actually better than yours. I'm quite.. "proud".

*waits for grammar nazi jokes*

sorry about not having the jokes !! and for... shall i say accidentally adding more letters than are required! lol, and Im proud of you too for having better english than me :) but as i said before!! i really am not going to proof read my own stuff!! well i might have done if there wasnt so much to proof read! in all fairness reading and writting i find rather boreing!  so i tend to put very little effort into. i hope this quells the anxiety in your mind. 

 

p.s. i didnt proof read this either ;) may i ask how long it took you to write your comment?.  mine takes just a few seconds. but then you can tell that by how it turned out. im going to take yet another guess that you take a conciderable amount of time more to write yours than i do mine! so your english isnt better! your just alot more proud of it than i am! maybe if i spoke german! i would be as good at german as you are at english. ive been speaking english since i was able to speak english! it gets kinda boreing. and dont panic!! i do actually do it right when it really needs to be done right.

so have you finished building your mountain yet ?

OMG! i missed an entire word out. can you find it ???

  Laughing-man

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3392

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

2/14/12 2:15:36 PM#127
Originally posted by Hannibp

I heard a rumor that the same sex romance option would be implemented with new companions, not the ones that are already there. Can't say if true.

I play on Republic side, and I lose 9 out of 10 games. While I'm attempting to plant bombs, defend bombs, take points, defend points, or just score or defend in Huttball, the rest of the team just seems to be always running in circles, or chasing random Imps around the map, completely ignoring the objectives of said WZ. For that reason, I also get barely any Valor points, while the others that don't do anything worthwhile, get all the medals.

I'm not feeling the mobility in SWTOR. And the Knock Backs and Pulls I've already had in several other games, including Aion. It's not really a new thing for me.

Lol, I'm not trying to be so negative, I'm sorry. I want to give the game a chance. I sort of want to play a healer next, and I'd like to see what the Bounty Hunter plays like. Maybe I'll grow to like the game.

That might be true, I've not heard that.

I'm an imp, what can I say, however the pubs I fight on "The Prophecy of Five" server are really good at PVP, they actually win a lot of fights where we out number them, and they fight well on WZ's, I do not look forward to fighting them when they're in an organized group.

I play an Inquisitor Assassin tank spec in PVP.   Try a Jedi Shadow or whatever, I personally love it, however everyone says that Sages and er... whats the republic equiv to a Juggernaunt?   Jedi Knight tank thing.... those are the best for WZ's merely because they have the most to offer.

Yeah I did play Aion, I was a cleric and a templar, never really felt mobile, did get a few grips and such but not so many knock backs or downs... I really like that about my class, other classes seem to have a lot of them as well from having fought them in PVP.

I'm waiting to roll an alt until the Legacy system is useful, i'm pretty sad its useless right now, shoulda done SOMETHING with it at lauch imo, anything really....  a cool mount at legacy level 50 lol....

 

  Yamota

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/05/03
Posts: 6521

"I fight so you don't have to."

2/14/12 2:16:24 PM#128
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I think SWTOR would be more successful if both sides crossed paths on every planet - so there would be running battles.

 

However, somehow I don't think this is going to happen (because companies hate taking criticism and having to change).

 

That and also the fact that there are legions of carebears who would cry their eyes out if they were "forced" to do PvP. I mean isn't that why you have PvP servers? In games like SW:TOR PvP servers seem to be just a label as there is not much PvP going on in them anyway, beside the instanced one's which you have in PvE servers as well.

  hornedtoad

Novice Member

Joined: 5/30/04
Posts: 40

2/14/12 2:25:06 PM#129

IMO, there's going to be a rapid drop in population over the next couple months.  Lvl 50 is straight up boring and people only log on for raids now 1-3x a week.  I wish I had done a 1 month subscription so I could cancel on Feb 20th or March 20th instead of doing a 3 month subscription and being locked in until April.  I hope they are motoring on trying to fix the issues and add something to do at 50 otherwise it certainly could be a ghost town in 3 months.

Lvling to 50:  Extremely fun

Playing at 50: Mind-numbing boring.  There's little point in doing HM flashpoints when you can go on an hour raid to EV and have 10+ pieces of gear drop vs. an hour+ flashpoint and have 1 piece of gear drop

 

 

  Ceridith

Novice Member

Joined: 11/24/09
Posts: 3001

The more you hype an upcoming game in your mind, the more it will fail to meet your expectations.

2/14/12 2:29:08 PM#130

Why is it that the title of this thread makes me think of a "mission accomplished" banner hung on an aircraft carrier?

  Havekk

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/14/08
Posts: 1374

2/14/12 2:29:42 PM#131
Originally posted by Vedra

Not only is SWTOR the biggest fiasco in MMORGP history, there probably never will be anything like it again.

It was the perfect storm of failure:

* Suits, bean counters, and marketing drones with dreams of hundreds of millions in WoW type profits

* One of the biggest IPs in the world, Star Wars

* A crappy and incompetent developer, Bioware

* And a giant publisher, EA, who thought throwing hundreds of millions at development would take down WoW

EA isn't going to make back even the lowest estimates, 100 million, of the money they wasted developing SWTOR.

 

No Sir... both Vanguard and FFXIV just off the top of my head were failures....  Compared to just these two games alone I would call it a success...lol. I should know, I dropped about $160.00 collective smackers on the two nuggets previously named. 

  User Deleted
2/14/12 2:31:47 PM#132

 



Originally posted by Adamai

sorry about not having the jokes !! and for... shall i say accidentally adding more letters than are required! lol, and Im proud of you too for having better english than me :) but as i said before!! i really am not going to proof read my own stuff!! well i might have done if there wasnt so much to proof read! in all fairness reading and writting i find rather boreing!  so i tend to put very little effort into. i hope this quells the anxiety in your mind. 
 
p.s. i didnt proof read this either ;) may i ask how long it took you to write your comment?.  mine takes just a few seconds. but then you can tell that by how it turned out. im going to take yet another guess that you take a conciderable amount of time more to write yours than i do mine! so your english isnt better! your just alot more proud of it than i am! maybe if i spoke german! i would be as good at german as you are at english. ive been speaking english since i was able to speak english! it gets kinda boreing. and dont panic!! i do actually do it right when it really needs to be done right.
so have you finished building your mountain yet ?


To answer your first question, it didn't take me long. In fact, I wrote like 3 or 4 replies in this thread since my last comment towards you and before your post. So your assumption is sort of... off. Good try, tho. I'm a pretty damn fast typer. Not that the ability to type faster has any correlation whatsoever with the knowledge of the English word.
 
 

 


Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Hannibp
I heard a rumor that the same sex romance option would be implemented with new companions, not the ones that are already there. Can't say if true.
I play on Republic side, and I lose 9 out of 10 games. While I'm attempting to plant bombs, defend bombs, take points, defend points, or just score or defend in Huttball, the rest of the team just seems to be always running in circles, or chasing random Imps around the map, completely ignoring the objectives of said WZ. For that reason, I also get barely any Valor points, while the others that don't do anything worthwhile, get all the medals.
I'm not feeling the mobility in SWTOR. And the Knock Backs and Pulls I've already had in several other games, including Aion. It's not really a new thing for me.
Lol, I'm not trying to be so negative, I'm sorry. I want to give the game a chance. I sort of want to play a healer next, and I'd like to see what the Bounty Hunter plays like. Maybe I'll grow to like the game.



That might be true, I've not heard that.
I'm an imp, what can I say, however the pubs I fight on "The Prophecy of Five" server are really good at PVP, they actually win a lot of fights where we out number them, and they fight well on WZ's, I do not look forward to fighting them when they're in an organized group.
I play an Inquisitor Assassin tank spec in PVP.   Try a Jedi Shadow or whatever, I personally love it, however everyone says that Sages and er... whats the republic equiv to a Juggernaunt?   Jedi Knight tank thing.... those are the best for WZ's merely because they have the most to offer.
Yeah I did play Aion, I was a cleric and a templar, never really felt mobile, did get a few grips and such but not so many knock backs or downs... I really like that about my class, other classes seem to have a lot of them as well from having fought them in PVP.
I'm waiting to roll an alt until the Legacy system is useful, i'm pretty sad its useless right now, shoulda done SOMETHING with it at lauch imo, anything really....  a cool mount at legacy level 50 lol....


Lol, my character is a Shadow, although Infiltration (mid tree, damage). The Republic equiv to a Juggernaut is the Guardian.

 

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting to roll an alt too. It seems the Legacy system will enable you to play other races not available currently to your faction.

I wish there was a sort of Barber Shop so I can change the ugly mask I'm wearing as a Miraluka, lol. It annoys me how I can't wear helmets because the hair and the mask glitch and the entire hair clips through it.

Also, they should fix (or, increment), gain of Social Points. I've done every quest from lvl 1 to 50 with a friend, and I'm Social Rank 6. The Speeder I wanted to get back on Hoth (which was like, what? Lvl 40?), required Social Rank 7.

Edit: What Forum software does this Forum use? It's really.. annoying, lol.

  waits1972

Novice Member

Joined: 10/29/06
Posts: 46

2/14/12 2:39:42 PM#133

I like the game.  I've been playing since 1 week before launch and am having a blast.  Occasionally the question comes up as to whether or not people intend on sticking around, and everyone I've encountered says "Yes."  The maturity level of the players (at least on the server I play on,) is refreshing.  Also, I'm making friends, enjoying everything from crafting to pvp, and exploring a new world.  I won't be leaving anytime soon.  I don't know where all this hostility towards the game is coming from.  If I'm not interested in a game I generally don't bother talking about it.  If I dislike a game I just don't play it.  I don't know what it is about SWTOR, but it sure stirs up some strong emotions in people.  I know that anger is generally a symptom of fear.  Maybe people feel threatened by it?  I don't know.  To be honest it really confuses me.  It's just a game.

  Laughing-man

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3392

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

2/14/12 2:48:01 PM#134
Originally posted by Hannibp

 

Lol, my character is a Shadow, although Infiltration (mid tree, damage). The Republic equiv to a Juggernaut is the Guardian.

 

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting to roll an alt too. It seems the Legacy system will enable you to play other races not available currently to your faction.

I wish there was a sort of Barber Shop so I can change the ugly mask I'm wearing as a Miraluka, lol. It annoys me how I can't wear helmets because the hair and the mask glitch and the entire hair clips through it.

Also, they should fix (or, increment), gain of Social Points. I've done every quest from lvl 1 to 50 with a friend, and I'm Social Rank 6. The Speeder I wanted to get back on Hoth (which was like, what? Lvl 40?), required Social Rank 7.

Edit: What Forum software does this Forum use? It's really.. annoying, lol.

cool :-D

Yeah I want them to add in a barber shop and they really need to overhaul social points BADLY, both of those are very good points.

I just honestly can't find any other game thats quite as fun with the wow formula, tired of their BG's after years and tired of the current end game, I don't mind Themeparks, I like to try to excell at them and play them a little competitively, its what makes them fun for me. 

The Quality of SWTOR is hit and miss in different areas yet it provides a lot of quality game play where it counts.  For me.

  BadSpock

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/21/04
Posts: 7750

Logic be damned!

2/14/12 2:52:29 PM#135
Originally posted by DarkPony

For starters: reasons to be in the actual gameworld(s) at max level, rather than waiting in a shopping mall for repetitive instanced content.

This^

I just.... I just can't play MMOs without open world content that is cooperative anymore.

PQs, Rifts type thing, Dynamic Events, whatever... give us something!

Now Playing: Destiny, WoW

  Wickedjelly

Novice Member

Joined: 4/19/09
Posts: 5064

The Dude abides

2/14/12 2:54:49 PM#136
Originally posted by Yamota

That and also the fact that there are legions of carebears who would cry their eyes out if they were "forced" to do PvP. I mean isn't that why you have PvP servers? In games like SW:TOR PvP servers seem to be just a label as there is not much PvP going on in them anyway, beside the instanced one's which you have in PvE servers as well.

They would have a point if they chose a PvE server and that was the case. Not sure it equates to them "crying their eyes out". Besides, a simple way to fix this would be to have the npcs on PVE servers virtual gods and the ones on PvP servers your run of the mill types that can easily be overrun by groups so people on both server types can enjoy the gameplay they like best. I really don't see what would be so difficult about implementing something along those lines. Now dealing with the lag this might cause is another thing and could possibly be a reason it was avoided.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

  Laughing-man

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3392

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

2/14/12 3:33:17 PM#137
Originally posted by BadSpock
Originally posted by DarkPony

For starters: reasons to be in the actual gameworld(s) at max level, rather than waiting in a shopping mall for repetitive instanced content.

This^

I just.... I just can't play MMOs without open world content that is cooperative anymore.

PQs, Rifts type thing, Dynamic Events, whatever... give us something!

I've found most of those things to be zerg fests, correct me if I'm wrong, and I only played Warhammer and Rift briefly at launch.

I like the concept I just don't see good execution.

  keithian

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/20/06
Posts: 2998

2/14/12 3:40:50 PM#138
Originally posted by DarkPony

For starters: reasons to be in the actual gameworld(s) at max level, rather than waiting in a shopping mall for repetitive instanced content.

God, its like people rushed to end game and want it to replace their personal lives. What end game have you been satisfied with only 2 months after release as a comparison to what TOR should have done? I can't think of any MMO 2 months after release that was much better. Suggestion, go slower next time, play alts at the same time, or play multiple games at once. Hopefully they will release fixes quickly to the PVP end game so you can get bored of that 1 month later and then claim you didn't know what was coming after researching it for over a year.

There Is Always Hope!

  keithian

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/20/06
Posts: 2998

2/14/12 3:46:56 PM#139

Agree with others above. I see on fleet on the Jekk Jekk Tarr Server between 9-160 on average on the fleet even 12:30am West Coast Time. My guild is not getting smaller.  Pretty healthy to me. I can't see all of the servers since Im only on one to guess populations or make generalizations like those who hate the game keep doing.

As far as what I want added, same thing I posted to Bioware in my feedback to them even though I'm already enjoying the game without them:

What could be improved:
1) Leveling goes too fast. When I vary my leveling, especially with a little PVP or Space, it is way too easy to level where you end up completely skipping a planet. Even if you only PVE solo and try to do all of the quests on a planet, you will still be able to skip planets. I felt the leveling in vanilla WOW and LOTRO was at a more appropriate pace.
2) At first I didn't care, even stated so in the forums, but not having day/night cycles does break immersion. Swimming doesn't matter much to me, but I can't understand why every game before this implemented that but this game felt it would distract from whatever look they were going for. That makes no sense. Even in the movies they had day night cycles.
3) I know this would have been a huge feat, but there should have been more leveling parallel opportunities such as choosing between two planets rather than the linear feel of bouncing from planet to planet in a particular order. I would rather have had the planets be a little smaller if it mean there were branching choices at the same levels, like 2 planets between levels 30-33, etc.
4) Taris had too may quests around Rhakouls or whatever they are called and felt like it just kept going on an on with no real change in how the different areas looked.
5) The enemy AI did not live up to expectation based on comments given by Bioware pre beta. They really don't seem any different than any other game I have played, other than those that duck for cover.
6) The NPCs are static just like in every other MMO. Even WOW though had school children roaming around etc. There is an occasional robot that does something, but even at the hit to FPS or lag, you should have made the worlds feel more alive in the cities. People should be walking around. NPCS should move around. After 8 or 9 years of this stuff, I would have liked to have seen more. 
7) Need a LFG tool. The spamming channels isn't the best way and labeling yourself as available for a group never works in any game. No one ever looks at it.
8) Having to worry about leveling the companions you are not using is annoying, especially if a quest requires them. There was one like that with Kira who I wasn't using.
9) Crafting is boring for me, though I find it boring in every game. 
10) UI. I think you know how the community feels about this. Really you need to stop dragging your feet with this.
11) Though I don't think you need the game to be dynamic like the upcoming Guild Wars 2 is claiming to be, I do think you can still do some time of events that occasional occur, like an invasion of a city by a 3rd faction, or a random occurrence of an NPC boss, or something that just occasionally changes the scenery similar to the Xmas events WOW would do even if its not fitting for a Star Wars Universe. People like change. 
12) I think you should have removed the alignment view when choosing a what to say in a conversation with the quest NPC. It would have made it more fun and interesting. I know someone can turn off that option, but I don't even think it should be an option. It would have spurred a lot of fun talk in the guilds and elsewhere over reactions people got. Also, why are they always in the same order? The good alignment is always first, the dark last. I mean, mix it up to make it more fun.
13) Not enough Mini Games. I mean I didn't like Paazak in the KOTOR I, but I was expecting to see a lot of mini games in the cantinas. To have less then the original from years ago was  a little silly.
14) Space is OK. I knew what to expect. However, I have no real desire to play it.
15) I don't like having black screens when I ride elevators. 
16) Character customization was a disappointment.

17) Disappointing graphic choices for those with powerful PCs like mine. I should be able to push the graphics more since I have so much margin for error with the current FPS.

There Is Always Hope!

  Wickedjelly

Novice Member

Joined: 4/19/09
Posts: 5064

The Dude abides

2/14/12 3:50:13 PM#140
Originally posted by keithian

God, its like people rushed to end game and want it to replace their personal lives. What end game have you been satisfied with only 2 months after release as a comparison to what TOR should have done? I can't think of any MMO 2 months after release that was much better. Suggestion, go slower next time, play alts at the same time, or play multiple games at once. Hopefully they will release fixes quickly to the PVP end game so you can get bored of that 1 month later.

So I'm real curious. When exactly is it deemed someone reached level 50 and didn't somehow rush to get there? I mean maybe it is just me but sure seems anymore that even though in most games it takes less and less time to get to max level that people will use this reasoning for longer and longer time periods.

I haven't gotten the memo yet on this so really just curious? When exactly is it considered okay to be at max level?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

14 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Last Search