|2 posts found|
Zombie - Dead but still moving.
OP 11/21/10 4:18:59 PM#1
Lobby based? Yes, but now world based also.
Long story made short, the original plan for this game was lobby based where the world consisted of lobby, dungeons and not much else.
Test sample feedback :
1. Way too confusing of a storyline,
2. the lobby is cool because its fast but the game feels disconected from the world, and
3. even my own girlfriend didn't like it because there was no place to go fishing.
So, the concept was reworked:
1. Lobby became an underground city. It still works like a lobby and has fast travel, but it now is more integrated into the world.
2. World lore created that makes sense.
3. Established overlands with towns, farming and dungeon entrances, (still in progress)
4. Rearrange the world so everything makes sense. (still in progress)
By doing this, we kept the fast travel features of the lobby, shifted design very close to conventional MMORPGs so almost everyone is happy.
The good news is that it looks to be shaping into a decent game.
The bad news is I am now about two months behind schedule.
My apology for the dust. Hope to have things in good shape shortly.
EDIT: oh, but no fishing yet. *grin*
MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*
3/25/11 8:45:39 PM#2
Sounds good :D