|15 posts found|
OP 3/16/10 3:22:25 PM#1
Some new info I found on the interwebs, enjoy:
"This is intended to answer most of the questions popping up surrounding Hanbitsoft/T3 Entertainment's re-release of Hellgate: London.
1. What is / Why is it called Hellgate: Leisure Wreck Shawn?
Hellgate: Leisure Wreck Shawn is the re-packaged version of Hellgate: London by Hanbitsoft / T3 Entertainment and Redbana USA.
Hanbit/T3 felt that re-branding the game was justifiable since the initial release of the game had such an unfortunate and rough start. They also are using it as part of a marketing campaign that which emphasizes Hellgate's unique feel and different approach, compared to pretty much all of the online games of today. Hence, one of the key points of the game is that it breaks the mold of the tired, cannon-fodder MMORPG by giving the player fast paced, instantly gratifying, high violence action / arcade / fps / arpg entertainment.
Also, it is actually called "Hellgate: Resurrection". Leisure Wreck Shawn is the Korean pronunciation of Resurrection; as amusing as it does sound, that is what they call it.
2. I want to play it! How do I get to play it?! When!?!!
Slow down son. Unless you were lucky enough to exploit a security hole in Hanbitsoft's online game portal a few months ago, you won't be able to play it. And even if you could play it right now, you wouldn't like it; it's only available in the Korean language.
Recently Hanbitsoft purchased the distribution rights for the Hellgate franchise outside of Korea. They have also announced plans to market and distribute the game in North America, Europe, China, Japan and apparently the Singapore area.
Apparently they will be first be re-introducing the game to the Asian markets. So North American and Europe will have to hang tight.
No actual time line has been put out; but there is much speculation that the Japanese version will be coming out very soon (as in the end of this month). So the American release shouldn't be too far behind.
No, it is 100% free to play. The only thing that you have to pay for are cheats/character options from the in-game store.
A. Here is a short list of what the store sells; prices and items are subject to change before NA launch:
Extra skill points for your character (up to 10) .... $4.40 each
*These things sit in your inventory and if you get hit with a debuff, they automatically trigger and remove the debuff while also giving you 10 seconds of immunity to the debuff.
To make a long story short... it's there, you may as well take advantage of it somehow. But if you have the patience, you may never use the store.
a. Yes, they've added in the Abyss Chronicles. They've also added in the 12 or so extra areas that Flagship never got to show us.
b. Tokyo was an extra big surprise that Flagship was working on in secret; it's basically the expansion pack to Hellgate: London, if you will. It will be included with the North American launch.
Sadly, they did; and some stuff they yanked out of it and put into other areas.
What made it:
- Parliament Square
- The ultimate weapons from the Abyss (I.E. Gleamcarver, Dissector, Thumper, Glyph Cage, Claws, etc.)
It is unknown as to if they intend to implement the above content, if ever. Many are disappointed that they left it out. At the moment, it seems like they are holding it back for either Tokyo or a more climatic expansion.
- Got rid of almost all of the comedy from the joke storyline that was left in since Hellgate Alpha (Arlo and his buddies are still in the game, but now only Arlo cusses)
- Better faces (although very Asian-looking) for character generation. It is unknown as to if they will be using the western faces for the North American launch.
- Allay Penn is actually included in the storyline beyond her supposed death in the intro movie
- Murmur doesn't look like a walking corpse when he shows up after you kill Sydonai
- New running animations
- New area tile sets (HELL NOW ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HELL!)
- A slightly annoying "BUY OUR CRAP!" button that is floating on the far right side of the screen, underneath where your buffs are displayed.
- You can now quit your character and go back to the character selection screen, instead of having to log back into your account.
- The donation system is gone; they use the medics for other in-game events now.
- New season event items (I.E. Different Fawkes and Christmas helmets/consumable items)
b. Quest Changes
- The RTS mini-game from Act 2 where you fought Beelzebub is gone; you now actually have to fight Beelzebub mano-mano in a very exciting confrontation nearby a very creepy looking tree. And he is easily the biggest Felbore Archfiend you will ever face.
- Rob Someone is no longer hanging around the Exospectre
- The game doesn't require you to replay it on Nightmare mode. After you beat Sydonai, you move onto the "Second Invasion" and after that, Tokyo. Stonehenge and The Abyss are once again accessible from Templar base at levels 20 and 30.
- Supposedly (this is unconfirmed) ranks give you 5 extra attribute points, like a regular level-up
- New intro area and tutorial mission(s)
- Angel's Passage and Occulus are gone; you now go through an entirely new area with some new monsters and fight a new spider-demon boss. So no more cleansing.
- Sadly, the Broker is still around.
- Generally speaking, quests give much more Palladium and more experience
- As mentioned up above, the str to melee equation has been fixed, but it remains at 1% instead of Flagship's 3%
- Monsters no longer hit multiple times per frame; so no more orbile and stalker insta-deaths
- Hardcore mode is gone (for now)
- Normal/Nightmare/Hell mode is now selectable from a drop-down menu while you are in a station. It only effects instances you haven't visited yet. When it's applied, it scales the difficulty up accordingly to your level.
(Hell mode is not in yet, but is promised for the future)
- The overall game is now harder (in order to entice you to buy stuff from the store).
d. Second Invasion
- Talox, Squadro, Fulcrum and Dreadnaught all have their own 5-6 map deep areas for you to explore before you fight them. They have been re-named from their Abyss names however. The areas that they occupy were originally meant to go with the Abyss Chronicles, but Hanbitsoft has moved them around quite a bit before hand in order to make due with content that was usable. This content is now reachable after you finish Sydonai.
e. Class Changes
f. Item changes
- New unique versions of all the version 1.3 weapons and armor, mostly for levels 40-50
- Check out the preview site that Hanbiton has set up
- UPDATE: Tokyo is officially set to launch 4/6/10 in Korea.
10. I'm a subscriber/founder from the old Hellgate, will I get my stuff back?
Probably not. They made their own subscribers abandon their characters to start fresh on a new server when they switched over to Leisure Wreck Shawn.
Maybe. They DID compensate their own subscribers by giving them refunds and/or free in-game store credit.
They also gave them a free unique zombot pet who gives a 25% damage boost and a 10% run speed increase, along with a free storage bag and about 20 extra life hearts. It seems like only one character per account was allowed in on that deal.
Store credit was applied to accounts only if the players did not chose to have a refund.
Alas, let's not go pounding our fists on objects made from decapitated trees.
From what I can tell, Redbana USA will probably be handling our side of the world - which would probably be for the best, since they are supposedly handling most of the development.
However, keep in mind that they had the Redbana team moved to Korea so the project manager could keep a better watch over them and speed up the development life cycle. Still, Redbana is behind it... so just stay optimistic.
13. What happened to Elite Mode and Hardcore mode?
- Elite mode is gone for good. If you want something like that, play on Nightmare mode or Hell mode only.
- Hardcore mode is supposed to be coming back; sadly it isn't their biggest priority. They felt it was too frustrating for their player base. Perhaps they'll reconsider if the western audiences pester them.
But beyond that, you'll have to keep in mind that the resurrection hearts may still be in hardcore mode. They'd rather sell you the ability to revive than miss out on an opportunity left un-touched (or so it seems).
Run. Especially if FSS-10 does. That guy was too shady to be trusted with anything. And he cheated. A lot.
He must've been a ninja. Which explains why they were doing a Tokyo expansion
Oops, I did it again.
3/16/10 7:20:31 PM#2
Cool info, thanx... good thing Namco finally stopped sitting on the rights to the IP. I hope the NA region is rereleased soon.
OP 3/17/10 11:23:25 AM#3
Originally posted by loves2play
Been to a few sites, and some say some time this year, while others say some time in 2011 for NA regions. Wish I knew for sure. Regardless of my distaste for the item shop, no other game that satisfies the diablo loot-whores, the rpg toon builders, and the fps action crowd quite like HGL. And, those are 3 reasons why I'll return to it.
3/17/10 11:31:03 AM#4
Omfg i hate korea,they fail at every game and they always have to play it first. Why cant all the others play it aswell?
The changes looks nice and i will start play it again. Like that they are addign 2-hand weapons! and new guns and armors.
OP 3/17/10 1:22:14 PM#5
Originally posted by SweetZoid
I've been dying to try out the new summoner Darkforce skill, and the Engineer's new spiderbots myself. I can't wait I tell ya!!
OP 3/18/10 12:34:35 PM#6
I am a ferocious beast... grrr
10/13/10 2:21:22 PM#7
Anyone heard anymore news about when it is coming to North America? I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it all
10/13/10 2:25:16 PM#8
Me too I am hoping they rerelease this. Meanwhile can you still play the single player ? I have the game I was wondering about it and the other content can you get it ,can you get it patched up if I install it .Any info would be appreciated.
10/13/10 2:32:35 PM#9
I play the single player until we get multiplayer back. You can find all the patches on this site. Just follow the instructions and you are good to go!
Hellgate Revival link: http://www.hellgateaus.net/
10/13/10 2:33:15 PM#10
Oh wow thank you so much for that link.
10/13/10 5:54:16 PM#11
Originally posted by cheyane
Anytime. I still have alot of fun with the game.
Hard Core Member
What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)
10/20/10 2:40:51 AM#12
Originally posted by SaintViktor
I just found that site cool,do you happen to know any site to get a digital dl of the original game seeing as you need that to use the mods with,it seems that EA has discontinued it in any form.And by chance would you know if a boxed copy of ebay being the only way would you still need a cd code if a inexpensive used copy was purchased?
10/20/10 8:07:10 AM#13
Originally posted by Asheram
Unless you purchased the game this is the only site that lets you download the game that I know of.
Hard Core Member
What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)
10/20/10 9:36:40 AM#14
Originally posted by SaintViktor
I think you need the original game installed to install the mods from there the same with this sitehttp://sotwguild.com/downloads/. Oh well there are several on ebay I guess I will just have to wait for the postal service hehe.
11/26/10 9:56:56 PM#15
Appreiciate the heads up.