|2 posts found|
OP 2/10/10 4:42:33 AM#1
If so these suggestions may be repeats :D
1. REMOVE race/class restrictions! This is so annoying! So what if I want to play a vahshir monk? or an erudite ranger? Does it really matter?
2. Add new races such as Faries, Werewolf based race, ect.
3. Update character and zone graphics. Please. Pretty please? All the zones are great to explore but having graphics that look prehistoric don't inspire exploration!
4. Custom housing/guild halls. Also capes for guild pride ( like guildwars! )
5. Apperance slot items! EQ2 has it! So why not EQ 1? The ornamentations are nice, but..... if I find a cool weapon that is a slasher I'd like to be able to carry it. A great way to do this is with ornamention boxes or apperance aug slots. You destroy the weapon but can use it to add the 'look' to another.
6. The choice to lock encounters or not. If you want to be social then great! Going for an epic piece or drop that you don't want to have to fight or camp for 60 million hours? then instant zone! :D
7. Reward tradeskillers. The best armor, or at least second best should be the stuff players craft. It is a way to reward those people who take the time to flesh out their toons.
I love eq but some of these changes would really be nice! I really hope the developers are listening to its players! Don't push us eq'ers into eq2. Just update EQ!
6/17/10 10:41:21 AM#2
Sony is very limited in what they actually pay attention to. With the last expansion they thought to focus more at the high end raider. The vast majority of EQ players are not high end raiders. Even with that as their focus they still made it too hard. During beta i was there to help them "fine tune" the raiding events, to which they paid no attention to. Almost all the raids at release were almost impossible to defeat. Even the new Zones were too hard for the average player and even too hard for some of the high end raiders. After months of painstaking questing and gamers leaving the game they finally get the picture to tone things down a bit. Too late though as they have already pissed off a lot of people. Its a dying game and everyone knows it. Sony is simply accelerating their own demise.