Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,020 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,298
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

News & Features Discussion  » Fallen Earth: Fallen Earth Review

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
115 posts found
  NavyJackal

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/12/08
Posts: 84

1/09/10 3:38:30 PM#81

After reading the review, downloading the trial and playing it for the past three days, I have to say that the review from MMORPG is fair and more or less accurate.  Unfortunately I did not have have an enjoyable experience playing the game for several reasons;

  • The game is unpolished and has lots of bugs.  Lag is also an issue, with (at least for me) frequent disconnects, which left my character dead on more than one occasion.    I have seen horses running in the air above my head and mobs come bounding at me through what should be solid walls. 
  • A confusing and unimaginative tutorial.  The basic tutorial in the hoover dam is in my opinion is a failure as it never taught me how to do anything like equiping or using weapons, how to heal myself, or any of the other basic functions of the game.  The "advanced" tutorial is better, but is still lacking considerably.
  • I found the interface to be horribly unfriendly.
  • The game has a very steep learning curve.  I've played several MMO's in the past 8 years from WoW to LotRO, Saga of Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Age of Conan, EVE online and Final Fantasy X1.  I have simply never died as much in any of those games as I have in FE, (Even EVE didn't kill me as often as FE does).  I enjoy a challenge, but this was a bit much for me. 

Now I am admitting that I did not get very far into the game, and didn't get to experience the crafting system which many people rave about, but considering how frustrating it was getting as far as I did I simply couldn't muster the enthusiasm to go any further which is a shame.  Like alot of other folks I am growing weary of the fantasy settings and I was really looking forward to the post nuclear setting.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with the graphics.  They were not cutting edge, but they were not ugly by any means.  I also like to support the smaller, less well known developers (Nevrax with Saga of Ryzom), as I feel such small companies should be supported so they can compete with the established developers.   But for me, FE was not fun.  Perhaps others will have better experiences than I did with the game, but I would strongly suggest attempting the free trial before purchasing the game.   Hope this mini review helps anyone looking at trying the game. 

  Justarius1

Novice Member

Joined: 9/23/09
Posts: 385

There are two secrets to success in life. (1) - Never reveal everything you know.

1/09/10 5:21:53 PM#82

Yeah, I don't get the "newer, younger" gamers will like Fallen Earth argument, at all.  It's exactly the opposite - the player base is far, far more mature than the player base in most other MMOs I have played; EVE and WoW and Aion all included.

Most of the people who have spoken up in this thread about liking FE are in their 30's, 40's, or above so... yeah.  Not sure how the game is appealing to younger gamers, at all.  If anything younger gamers avoid Fallen Earth like the plague both for the mature 17+ rating and the fact that there is no hand-holding as there is in, say, WoW.

Fallen Earth is definitely a game for more experienced and/or jaded players looking for something new and innovative and fun.  I wouldn't say it's a good starting game for young players, at all.  Most of the people who complain loudest about the game, I have found, tend to be 28  years old and younger.  They get their first 30K a year job outside of college and feel all grown up, like they're the only real adults left playing games.  ;)

  kyatai

Novice Member

Joined: 9/17/08
Posts: 3

1/09/10 6:23:07 PM#83

Pretty fair review, definitely agree with the promise FE holds and loving the uniqueness of this game.

I've been playing since OB and still enjoying it. I have a L28 Lightbringer with several mutations (CHOTA, Vista, Enforcer, LB), a L8 and a L2 alt. I could be higher, but I don't play it all the time thanks to RL job, family, social life, etc.

I have to agree that the level advancement is slow in comparison- but I have no problem leveling when I get into 'the groove' of it. What with getting XP by scavaging, mining, picking plants, etc, as well as crafting, fighting and questing... 'ticking' away at the level is steady. Thing is though... you tick away to get AP pts, which must reach a certain number before you technically level. It's almost like you 'mini' level (gain APs) before you Level-level.

I have done 98% of the missions in S1. The ones I didn't do, I deferred due to preference, or.. yes, a few being bugged. I am presently plugging away at S2, having done missions in several towns and 'side'/not on the map towns as well. Some missions in every sector are NOT on the map... you have to explore. Which... is kinda neat, IMHO. Being led from mission to mission is great sometimes, but finding those 'jewels' in the wastelands is even better. Kinda exciting, really. :P

I don't like to be handheld, and I have to admit, I really enjoy having to figure out what to do. I will say that I did the tutorial in beta, then again in Live and had no issues acclimating to the game. Most recently, I ran my 'baby' alt through the tutorial again... the advanced one this time, and was frustrated. Before, upon leaving the cloner, I was offered quests immediately and got to leveling. This time, I left the cloner, got my 'old nag' freebie and was able to do one or two missions before I was forced to just go out and smack prairie chickens and harvest things to level up enough to be able to accept quests from the NPC's. Didn't care for that- felt like I was wasting time by not being able to hit the missions immediately. (This was in Depot 66)

Also... frequent dying is not really a problem if you pay attention to what you're doing. Really... I think I 'really' died the first time with my main around L3 or something.. maybe more. Yes, you'll die if you do silly things like try to take on a pack of wolves or chickens or NPC's with n00b weaponry and not use tactics to hit and kite.. but if you think about what you're doing, it's not really an issue. Naturally, the better weapons and armour you have, the better you'll fare. That said... some of the creatures and NPC's are not social- so you can whap on one next to his buddy and nothing will happen. Others... the aggro range is VERY large and you can get mobbed easily (mainly in S2 though). My only real annoyance is getting shot at from jokers hiding in the bushes! Can't see 'em and no highlighting of that NPC to let you know where the shots are coming from. 'Course that adds some realism, and that's pretty rare in MMO's.. so can't complain to loudly. :)

Basically, FE is a thinking person's game more than WoW. It is not an easy or fast game... there is no real endgame. But the content is really some of the best I've seen, the graphics are pretty good IMHO, and the lag is negligable to non-existent when not in a major city like Embry or New Flagstaff. And even there, with a higher end machine with a decent vid card, it's not so bad. I have a GeForce 8800M- which isn't really high end either- and I do fine. I only lagged, locked or got the black screen of death with my lower end machine. I still have 'hiccup' lag at times in the big cities, but not so bad it is intolerable.

RP is out there... There are several active guilds that work it.

The community for newbies is great- though I wish there was some way to auto-send them the answers to the most frequently asked questions... or obvious ones. Like "where do I get a horse?" and so on. The devs have reportedly gotten a FAQs up, but most don't read them preferring to ask IG for instant gratification. :) So an IG mechanism to send them the answer in an auto-tell would be GREAT.

The game is still buggy at times, but not so much that I really notice it anymore. Most of the quests work- and those that don't are quickly rectified by the attentive GMs and devs.

The key to this game is the storyline. There are several separate storylines in progress- and it seems if you don't trigger the right NPC and quest for them, you might miss out on content. Happened to a friend of mine- we still don't know why I got a questline he didn't and got access to a big boss in Trumbull. Then again, I explore more than he does. :) Finding those isolated camps and so on really benefits you. It is really neat how the storylines kinda dovetail to accentuate or clarify events in other storylines. The NPC's quests are pretty logical and well written- even with accents at times, which is funny. What comes out is a very dark, tragic and at times infuriating sequence of events leading up to the 'present' state of the planet... and kinda makes you want to try and fix what you can- at least in your little realm of existence.

The proper usage of AP's is VERY important. I have stored up hundreds before finally selectively using some for mutations and skills & stats. One of the biggest mistaken assumptions is that you have to use the APs immediately. As stated before- do NOT until you're sure where they should go. And even then, be selective. Right now, I have nearly 200 stored AP's, a full stat and associated skill lines for my specialties, and a few of my mutations maxxed. THAT is the hard thing- resisting the urge to spend all your AP in mutations to get the cool graphics and buffs and skills. But many of the mutations have redundancies. Telepathy and Telekinesis, I think, both have some healing included in their lines. I even think they have weak rez's at high levels. Empathy, of course, is the main healing mutation- which I have. Mutations are fun... and some defense against them (as well as control of them) is essential when fighting the Shiva's Chosen- since they are just about pure mutant.

I dunno... the game isn't horrible IMHO. I enjoy playing it... and am excited about what the future holds for it. :) And no... I've not played Fallout or any other post-Apocolyptic MMO or RPG or whatever before. I've played SWG, Vanguard, EQ2, WoW, CoH/CoV, Oblivion, Perfect World and World of KungFu beta... so this- this is a VERY nice break and a refreshing change overall. :)

  Ozmodan

Elite Member

Joined: 2/27/07
Posts: 6740

1/09/10 6:29:15 PM#84
Originally posted by NavyJackal

After reading the review, downloading the trial and playing it for the past three days, I have to say that the review from MMORPG is fair and more or less accurate.  Unfortunately I did not have have an enjoyable experience playing the game for several reasons;

  • The game is unpolished and has lots of bugs.  Lag is also an issue, with (at least for me) frequent disconnects, which left my character dead on more than one occasion.    I have seen horses running in the air above my head and mobs come bounding at me through what should be solid walls. 
  • A confusing and unimaginative tutorial.  The basic tutorial in the hoover dam is in my opinion is a failure as it never taught me how to do anything like equiping or using weapons, how to heal myself, or any of the other basic functions of the game.  The "advanced" tutorial is better, but is still lacking considerably.
  • I found the interface to be horribly unfriendly.
  • The game has a very steep learning curve.  I've played several MMO's in the past 8 years from WoW to LotRO, Saga of Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Age of Conan, EVE online and Final Fantasy X1.  I have simply never died as much in any of those games as I have in FE, (Even EVE didn't kill me as often as FE does).  I enjoy a challenge, but this was a bit much for me. 

Now I am admitting that I did not get very far into the game, and didn't get to experience the crafting system which many people rave about, but considering how frustrating it was getting as far as I did I simply couldn't muster the enthusiasm to go any further which is a shame.  Like alot of other folks I am growing weary of the fantasy settings and I was really looking forward to the post nuclear setting.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with the graphics.  They were not cutting edge, but they were not ugly by any means.  I also like to support the smaller, less well known developers (Nevrax with Saga of Ryzom), as I feel such small companies should be supported so they can compete with the established developers.   But for me, FE was not fun.  Perhaps others will have better experiences than I did with the game, but I would strongly suggest attempting the free trial before purchasing the game.   Hope this mini review helps anyone looking at trying the game. 

Take some time and read what you wrote, you might want to rethink it because you pretty much contradict yourself in just about every way possible.  You actually admit  it is a complicated game, yet you feel that 3 days is enough to offer an opinion on it?

Granted there are a few bugs, but nothing to the degree you indicate.  I think your believability index for this board is about zero.

  Hopscotch73

Tipster

Joined: 8/12/09
Posts: 972

Urgle blurgle geflurgle.
Need more coffee.

1/09/10 7:29:09 PM#85
Originally posted by Ozmodan
Originally posted by NavyJackal

After reading the review, downloading the trial and playing it for the past three days, I have to say that the review from MMORPG is fair and more or less accurate.  Unfortunately I did not have have an enjoyable experience playing the game for several reasons;

  • The game is unpolished and has lots of bugs.  Lag is also an issue, with (at least for me) frequent disconnects, which left my character dead on more than one occasion.    I have seen horses running in the air above my head and mobs come bounding at me through what should be solid walls. 
  • A confusing and unimaginative tutorial.  The basic tutorial in the hoover dam is in my opinion is a failure as it never taught me how to do anything like equiping or using weapons, how to heal myself, or any of the other basic functions of the game.  The "advanced" tutorial is better, but is still lacking considerably.
  • I found the interface to be horribly unfriendly.
  • The game has a very steep learning curve.  I've played several MMO's in the past 8 years from WoW to LotRO, Saga of Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Age of Conan, EVE online and Final Fantasy X1.  I have simply never died as much in any of those games as I have in FE, (Even EVE didn't kill me as often as FE does).  I enjoy a challenge, but this was a bit much for me. 

Now I am admitting that I did not get very far into the game, and didn't get to experience the crafting system which many people rave about, but considering how frustrating it was getting as far as I did I simply couldn't muster the enthusiasm to go any further which is a shame.  Like alot of other folks I am growing weary of the fantasy settings and I was really looking forward to the post nuclear setting.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with the graphics.  They were not cutting edge, but they were not ugly by any means.  I also like to support the smaller, less well known developers (Nevrax with Saga of Ryzom), as I feel such small companies should be supported so they can compete with the established developers.   But for me, FE was not fun.  Perhaps others will have better experiences than I did with the game, but I would strongly suggest attempting the free trial before purchasing the game.   Hope this mini review helps anyone looking at trying the game. 

Take some time and read what you wrote, you might want to rethink it because you pretty much contradict yourself in just about every way possible.  You actually admit  it is a complicated game, yet you feel that 3 days is enough to offer an opinion on it?

Granted there are a few bugs, but nothing to the degree you indicate.  I think your believability index for this board is about zero.

Ditto.

In Hoover Dam you're literally walked through equipping yourself (twice, axe and rpg), and you have a quest to heal the soldiers which shows you how healing works. It's hardly anyone else's fault if you failed to notice either of these things.

 

When you say you didn't get very far into the game, and with what you've said above, it looks like you didn't even make it through Hoover Dam, which is preamble and not game proper. You're introduced to crafting very quickly after landing at ANY lifenet facility, there's only a handful of quests leading up to it.

And on the learning curve, yes it's not hand-holdy, but some people find that a refreshing return to old-school gaming.

As was posted above by Kyatai (great post btw), not dying requires that you pay attention and don't try to punch above your weight. My first toon didn't die til level 5, and was a classic example of pulling without looking around first.  As Kyatai also said, FE in general requires more thinking than most current MMOs, it's not something you play while watching youtube videos/tv/playing bejeweled on facebook, and expect to sail through. I guess for some that's not a good thing. Luckily for Icarus, some of us like a challenge (and when I say challenge I don't mean to imply that the game is "hard" at all, it's not, it just needs you to use your brain and give it your full attention).

I'm not sure I agree with Justarius about the age thing, but given that my forum name has my birth year in it, there may be something to the 30+ notion ; )

 

 (edit to fix getting Kyatai and Justarius mixed up at the end there, I'm hald asleep)

 

 

 

 

 

  NavyJackal

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/12/08
Posts: 84

1/09/10 7:52:27 PM#86
Originally posted by Ozmodan
Originally posted by NavyJackal

After reading the review, downloading the trial and playing it for the past three days, I have to say that the review from MMORPG is fair and more or less accurate.  Unfortunately I did not have have an enjoyable experience playing the game for several reasons;

  • The game is unpolished and has lots of bugs.  Lag is also an issue, with (at least for me) frequent disconnects, which left my character dead on more than one occasion.    I have seen horses running in the air above my head and mobs come bounding at me through what should be solid walls. 
  • A confusing and unimaginative tutorial.  The basic tutorial in the hoover dam is in my opinion is a failure as it never taught me how to do anything like equiping or using weapons, how to heal myself, or any of the other basic functions of the game.  The "advanced" tutorial is better, but is still lacking considerably.
  • I found the interface to be horribly unfriendly.
  • The game has a very steep learning curve.  I've played several MMO's in the past 8 years from WoW to LotRO, Saga of Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Age of Conan, EVE online and Final Fantasy X1.  I have simply never died as much in any of those games as I have in FE, (Even EVE didn't kill me as often as FE does).  I enjoy a challenge, but this was a bit much for me. 

Now I am admitting that I did not get very far into the game, and didn't get to experience the crafting system which many people rave about, but considering how frustrating it was getting as far as I did I simply couldn't muster the enthusiasm to go any further which is a shame.  Like alot of other folks I am growing weary of the fantasy settings and I was really looking forward to the post nuclear setting.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with the graphics.  They were not cutting edge, but they were not ugly by any means.  I also like to support the smaller, less well known developers (Nevrax with Saga of Ryzom), as I feel such small companies should be supported so they can compete with the established developers.   But for me, FE was not fun.  Perhaps others will have better experiences than I did with the game, but I would strongly suggest attempting the free trial before purchasing the game.   Hope this mini review helps anyone looking at trying the game. 

Take some time and read what you wrote, you might want to rethink it because you pretty much contradict yourself in just about every way possible.  You actually admit  it is a complicated game, yet you feel that 3 days is enough to offer an opinion on it?

Granted there are a few bugs, but nothing to the degree you indicate.  I think your believability index for this board is about zero.


 

Actually I don't believe I've contradicted myself at all.   I don't have to reread what I wrote, I know what I said, but you obviously missed the point of my post.   What does it matter if I played the game for three days or three weeks?   My main message was the summary that FE was not fun (for me) for the reasons I had listed above, and I suggest that people try the free trial first.    Yes, I admit (once again) that the game is more complex than alot of other MMO's I have tried, and that I only played the game for three and a half days.   What?  You honestly expect me to continue playing a game that I am not having fun with simply to satisfy your "superior" criteria?   Incidently how long would satisfy you?  Three months?  Six?  A year?  I believe I am mature enough to form my own opinion without you checking my time card.   I wrote on what I experienced in my play time, and I made that quite clear.   I honestly don't see your problem, Ozmodan.  I didn't write some kind of a flame thread, or a childish rant screaming that the game sucked and was a pile of crap, and I didn't write about things in the game I hadn't experienced.  

But I'll tell you what Ozmodan, you want me to write a more informed and indepth review of FE?  Fine, pay for my 6-12 month subscription (or whatever time limit you see fit)  and I will keep playing so I can experience every aspect of the game and write a "proper" review just for you.  As for my believability index, I really don't care what you feel about me, or my posts.   I write what I feel and I try to give an honest opinion, if you don't like that, oh well.   I am not seeking your approval. 

And how would you know how many bugs I experienced?  I experienced quite a few.

  User Deleted
1/09/10 8:04:01 PM#87

 

NavyJackal,

It is clear no-one can argue with your own personal opinion on this game but I would say that this type of mmo regardless if it is FE or another type of sandbox style mmo would not be up your street.

The thing with this type of mmo is it does not lead you by the hand at every corner and you really have to spend time learning the game or ask for advice to help you on your way.

Is FE so hardcore?..I would say not,if you pay attention from the start and move slowly while you learn how to play and take everything in I would say in 2 or 3 weeks have have the basics down and can enjoy your journey.

If on the other hand you want to rush through content and try to get high level whilst ignoring the fact it is supposed to be a journey,then yes you will struggle with a game of this type.

It is all good though,different horses for different courses.

  Mastaccolli

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/17/07
Posts: 103

1/09/10 8:06:05 PM#88

Navy,

How can you say that the tutorial didnt teach you the basics?  Ill bet 10 to 1 odds you didnt read the pop ups that come on screen.  Each thing you said it didnt teach you, is explained in detail with sub menus that pop up during the entire Hoover Dam intro.  Also, the first several missions just after the tutorial explain what you may have missed/not encountered in the tutorial.  Im not directing this next statement at you, because I dont know how you interact online with the games, but the one thing I find that most people spamming the "help" channel with arre things they could have answered themselves if they had just read what is provided for them.  What I mean by that are the sub menus I mentioned above as well as the quest and objectives.  This game is unlike many other simplerer MMO's in that you actually have to read the quests and pay attention to the things that are provided for you. 

 

The learning curve is large, but for me, its part of the lure of the game.  Not sure about others, but I'm tired of the simple MMO's that are coming out so they can port to a console game.

 

Sorry you didnt like your experience in Fallen Earth, the apocolypse will miss you.

  NavyJackal

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/12/08
Posts: 84

1/09/10 8:18:50 PM#89
Originally posted by daylight01

 

NavyJackal,

It is clear no-one can argue with your own personal opinion on this game but I would say that this type of mmo regardless if it is FE or another type of sandbox style mmo would not be up your street.

The thing with this type of mmo is it does not lead you by the hand at every corner and you really have to spend time learning the game or ask for advice to help you on your way.

Is FE so hardcore?..I would say not,if you pay attention from the start and move slowly while you learn how to play and take everything in I would say in 2 or 3 weeks have have the basics down and can enjoy your journey.

If on the other hand you want to rush through content and try to get high level whilst ignoring the fact it is supposed to be a journey,then yes you will struggle with a game of this type.

It is all good though,different horses for different courses.


 

Yes, its entirely possible that FE just isn't the game for me.   I am not entirely sure why.  I loved Final Fantasy X1 and played it for two and a half years.   And anyone who has played it I am sure would agree its definetly not a "hold your hand"  style game.  I would agree with you that FE isn't a hardcore game.   In any event, I suppose I am going to have to keep searching for the MMO that suits me.  Hopefully Final Fantasy 14 isn't delayed.  Best of luck in your journeys.

  Einherjar_LC

Tipster

Joined: 5/03/05
Posts: 1067

1/10/10 10:57:35 AM#90
Originally posted by Pzfaust

I think that the review is quite objective but overgenerous in a final score. I,as a former FE player, would give the game a 5 or even a 4 score.

FE was fun for 2-2,5 months but after getting to lvl45 I was already so bored that I cancelled my subscription.

For me as  a casual pve explorer the game became just dull right after sector 2.  Sector3 is as small as s2 - once you get a quick transportation mode such as a motorcycle there's nothing left to explore. 

What was gamebreaking for me was atrocious npcs' AI - constant pathing problems, mobs run and shoot trough the walls, trees and just any obstacle.  Absolutely no fun in that department.  No variety in high level  mobs behaviour as well.

Once you get to lvl 45 there's nothing to do if you are an adventurer.  The gameplay basically consists of mindless faction wheel grinding to get the max number of mutations - to become a Jedi.

Factions do not work - you go into any pvp zone to help you faction and you discover that you are fired upon by the same faction members.  All pvp zones are controlled by large multi faction clans. So you ahve to side with a clan and take a hit to your faction standing.

Overall, I regret to say it, but FE fails to bring anything new or original into game genre. Mutations are your magic, crafting is plain primitive if you get the needed components.

 

 

Sounds like your playstyle didn't match the game more than the game simply being a fail.

 

Reason I say this is because if you reached level cap in 2-2.5 months, you are not the casual explorer type you claim to be unless you've had 8-10+ hours a day to play casually at which point I would still say you aren't casual being able to play that long.

 

Either way, level cap in 2.5 months is pretty quick.  At 1.5-2 months I was 1/2 way to level cap(at 3-4 hours a day) but I had explored every nook and cranny of Fallen Earth, gathered resources, dabbled in crafting in every trade, and sought every quest I could get my hands on just to learn more about the world I was in.   I realize everyone plays differently and I am by no means the metric by which all should be compared.  That being said, I am not an amature in this genre either(UO vet).

 

The only way I can see someone getting to level cap in 2.5 months is if that was their sole goal.  Of course once you get there, like always, people realize it isn't the zenith they thought it was(newly released game still being fleshed out at level cap like all games, even the holy WoW), realize their character is lacking in some way, or they can't compete in PvP because they missed something(like bonus AP quests) in their rush to level cap, and realize crafted stuff is the best but find crafting boring when you have to craft beginner stuff to level up when you are max level....no excitement there....

 

I will agree with you about the faction stuff though.  This needs to be fixed.  You get Deathtoll rewards no matter the faction of the player you kill, even if they are in the same faction as you.  IMO, there needs to be a stiff penalty for killing within your faction or ally factions(lesser penalty for the ally factions though).

 

The AI argument I just don't get.  Yeah, the NPC's aren't human, but they really aren't any better or worse than any other game.  They move around, they change stances(prone, crouch, while shooting), they use skills like knock down.  What are people expecting here?  What game is the holy grail of AI for the people complaing about the AI in Fallen Earth, I'm curious.

You do realize spinning the faction wheel isn't necessary right?

 

Nothing new huh?  FPS combat, yeah tons of those types of MMO's out.  Post Apoc setting in an MMO, yeah tons of those too.  Crafting that can take place while off line or adventuring instead of being tied to a crafting station unable to do anything else, yeah tons of those too.  Yeah, nothing new/fresh at all in Fallen Earth.

 

 

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

  sazabi

Novice Member

Joined: 3/18/07
Posts: 396

1/10/10 11:49:17 AM#91

weird... i thought this will surely stay f2p forever.

  Einherjar_LC

Tipster

Joined: 5/03/05
Posts: 1067

1/10/10 12:11:38 PM#92
Originally posted by sazabi

weird... i thought this will surely stay f2p forever.

 

Uh, it's never been F2P...confused with another game?

 

 

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

  Darkholme

Tipster

Joined: 3/02/04
Posts: 1227

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer..."

1/10/10 4:45:01 PM#93
Originally posted by Einherjar_LC
Originally posted by sazabi

weird... i thought this will surely stay f2p forever.

 Uh, it's never been F2P...confused with another game?

Just a common troll...

-------------------------
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

  Pzfaust

Novice Member

Joined: 7/15/07
Posts: 27

1/11/10 6:25:54 AM#94
Originally posted by Einherjar_LC
Originally posted by Pzfaust

I think that the review is quite objective but overgenerous in a final score. I,as a former FE player, would give the game a 5 or even a 4 score.

FE was fun for 2-2,5 months but after getting to lvl45 I was already so bored that I cancelled my subscription.

For me as  a casual pve explorer the game became just dull right after sector 2.  Sector3 is as small as s2 - once you get a quick transportation mode such as a motorcycle there's nothing left to explore. 

What was gamebreaking for me was atrocious npcs' AI - constant pathing problems, mobs run and shoot trough the walls, trees and just any obstacle.  Absolutely no fun in that department.  No variety in high level  mobs behaviour as well.

Once you get to lvl 45 there's nothing to do if you are an adventurer.  The gameplay basically consists of mindless faction wheel grinding to get the max number of mutations - to become a Jedi.

Factions do not work - you go into any pvp zone to help you faction and you discover that you are fired upon by the same faction members.  All pvp zones are controlled by large multi faction clans. So you ahve to side with a clan and take a hit to your faction standing.

Overall, I regret to say it, but FE fails to bring anything new or original into game genre. Mutations are your magic, crafting is plain primitive if you get the needed components.

 

 

Sounds like your playstyle didn't match the game more than the game simply being a fail.

 

Reason I say this is because if you reached level cap in 2-2.5 months, you are not the casual explorer type you claim to be unless you've had 8-10+ hours a day to play casually at which point I would still say you aren't casual being able to play that long.

 

Either way, level cap in 2.5 months is pretty quick.  At 1.5-2 months I was 1/2 way to level cap(at 3-4 hours a day) but I had explored every nook and cranny of Fallen Earth, gathered resources, dabbled in crafting in every trade, and sought every quest I could get my hands on just to learn more about the world I was in.   I realize everyone plays differently and I am by no means the metric by which all should be compared.  That being said, I am not an amature in this genre either(UO vet).

 

The only way I can see someone getting to level cap in 2.5 months is if that was their sole goal.  Of course once you get there, like always, people realize it isn't the zenith they thought it was(newly released game still being fleshed out at level cap like all games, even the holy WoW), realize their character is lacking in some way, or they can't compete in PvP because they missed something(like bonus AP quests) in their rush to level cap, and realize crafted stuff is the best but find crafting boring when you have to craft beginner stuff to level up when you are max level....no excitement there....

 

I will agree with you about the faction stuff though.  This needs to be fixed.  You get Deathtoll rewards no matter the faction of the player you kill, even if they are in the same faction as you.  IMO, there needs to be a stiff penalty for killing within your faction or ally factions(lesser penalty for the ally factions though).

 

The AI argument I just don't get.  Yeah, the NPC's aren't human, but they really aren't any better or worse than any other game.  They move around, they change stances(prone, crouch, while shooting), they use skills like knock down.  What are people expecting here?  What game is the holy grail of AI for the people complaing about the AI in Fallen Earth, I'm curious.

You do realize spinning the faction wheel isn't necessary right?

 

Nothing new huh?  FPS combat, yeah tons of those types of MMO's out.  Post Apoc setting in an MMO, yeah tons of those too.  Crafting that can take place while off line or adventuring instead of being tied to a crafting station unable to do anything else, yeah tons of those too.  Yeah, nothing new/fresh at all in Fallen Earth.

 

 

 

I have played FE for about 2-3 hours daily.  I got the game in August while in closed beta, then  moved into early access.

I actually enjoyed it while in S1. Then when I moved into S2 I was dissapointed as to the size of that sector and the next one,S3, about how small they are.

I did all the starter towns in S1 to get the APs. So I never rushed. But in no mmorpg game  I've played the gameplay was so easy (I actually do not understand how some ppl complain that FE is hard). 

I have played AO,EQ2,LotRo, VSoH.  I'm a casual gamer.  FE was the easiest game for me. In FE I did my crafting as the char was Rifle/Pistol/Crft.

By S3 all that was drawing me to the game was the items I would get from crafting.

I deliberatly had not spin the faction wheel - I've played the game as the devs planned it, to my undestanding.  And yet by December I've  quit.  I have never said that FE as a game is a fail. I think FE will get attention of some crowd but will it retain it? I'm not sure.

The big part in my cancelling subscription was the news that S4 will not be released for at least 6 months.

And as FE being innovative in combining FPS and mmprpg, I've tried Neocron and SWG - don't they have the same - you aim with your aiming reticle?

And to tell the truth, I have never felt that I'm in postapoc world while playing FE - and i'm  a big fan of Mad Max, Fallout etc.  The postapoc in FE felt to cosy (garages everywhere, vendors everywhere).

And also I would add that the quest stories have not grabbed my attention and nad not add much for the "lore" - I really enjoyed Vanguard quests, at least I felt some atmosphere to them.

In FE one of the most stupid main stories is White Crow one.  I guess, since I'm a Russian, i'm on the subject. But when I read everything in those  lines I just kept laughing. Especially when they reveal that White Crows are connected to the escaped Czar Romanovs family:)  plus all the stupid Russian titles with wrong translit - ridiculous.

I think that I was very objective to the game and wish it luck. But for me,  I was expecting Fallout in MadMax setting but I got Wizard Warrior in a cardboard world.

 

 

  FarSpace

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/10
Posts: 6

1/11/10 8:32:11 AM#95
Originally posted by Slambone

Agreed. Fair review.

The part about rolling the die to see if you hit has always confused me. I've never missed anything I was aiming at (level 38 atm.)

I've heard this comment before and believe that people are experiencing it, it just doesn't happen to me :)

 

 


 

I agree Fair review but the aiming and still not hitting is not my case either, I hit things I'm aiming at and hit them better when not moving or prone and get more damage with better stats etc...  so it seems pretty realistic for me.

One thing is that the NPC actualy move around a bit like real people and you actualy have to try to keep aiming at them so maybe some people are not used of that, but of course that is pretty good to finaly have in a game some good AI like that.

Still pretty fair review showing anything not so good had possability to get up to par.

But the biggest reason I play Fallen Earth is the lore and the world and it is just fun to try and live in the Post Apocalyptic world.

 

  Xerith

Novice Member

Joined: 10/18/09
Posts: 972

A monkey poured coffee in my boots

1/11/10 8:36:17 PM#96

The graphics arent really bad at all, theres really a lot there in a giant zone, somehow I think had they made them AoC quality, you would have needed a nuclear powered computer in order to run the game. Dont forget they also work off their own engine as well, so its not going to be as polished as cry or unreal which had oodles of money to be built up on.

  sadeyx

Novice Member

Joined: 11/22/06
Posts: 1570

1/12/10 5:00:25 AM#97

Interesting review.

 

A game does have to give me a good pull from the outset in order for me to ignore the graphics.  Especially for a game that I must pay for.

Shallow, I know.  I also know that good graphics does not always make a good game.  I do require a certain standard however.

 

I'll keep an eye on this game, may do the trial at some point.  But not something im gona jump at unless im real bored.,

 

 

  Wizardry

Elite Member

Joined: 8/27/04
Posts: 6831

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

1/13/10 12:18:04 AM#98
Originally posted by Cernan

Just to the add to the last poster before me:

 

The game has a fairly mature audience.  GMs monitor chat, which I love.  You won't see anyone spamming the help or LFG channel with jokes.  Try logging into another major MMO and ignoring the chat spam.  Here it is normally  helpful, people asking for advice.

I'm only level 14, but the world so far seems fairly populated.  It's not crowded in any sense.  You can ride around and not see anyone for a while.  Then go to town and see people crafting or gathering up quests.  

I agree that is a VERY good thing,and the reason why i bought the game was because i felt the developer was full of mature dedicated people.That means a lot to me ,to be able to see some normal chat going on,the opposite really bothers me a lot in games,almost to the point of quitting.

However you still need a game,and FE is just too generic,nothing is intriguing at least it wasn't for me.I need at minimum one aspect of the game to cry out "PLAY ME" and nothing.Crafting is average,i do not like some of it's unrealistic nature like it is basically an EVE auto craft system.Combat is very ho hum,landscape is wide open ,mostly empty.Nothing in the game has any interaction,that is a big downfall.They tried to incorporate some physics but it is for the most part wrong or done badly.

There is a few things i could see people liking,but the basics of the game are too bland,and the majority of time spent in a game is doing the basics.There could very well be some interesting mob scenes i never saw anything,i mean it is supposed to be an APOC setting,where is the unique mobs popping out of the ground?

I find it odd many people have claimed this game is fresh or does things different,when it actually does nothing different at all,it is very generic.All it is is a different setting that we don't see often,but a different skin does not make a different game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

  someforumguy

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/25/07
Posts: 3504

1/14/10 5:10:52 AM#99
Originally posted by Wizardry
Originally posted by Cernan

Just to the add to the last poster before me:

 

The game has a fairly mature audience.  GMs monitor chat, which I love.  You won't see anyone spamming the help or LFG channel with jokes.  Try logging into another major MMO and ignoring the chat spam.  Here it is normally  helpful, people asking for advice.

I'm only level 14, but the world so far seems fairly populated.  It's not crowded in any sense.  You can ride around and not see anyone for a while.  Then go to town and see people crafting or gathering up quests.  

I agree that is a VERY good thing,and the reason why i bought the game was because i felt the developer was full of mature dedicated people.That means a lot to me ,to be able to see some normal chat going on,the opposite really bothers me a lot in games,almost to the point of quitting.

However you still need a game,and FE is just too generic,nothing is intriguing at least it wasn't for me.I need at minimum one aspect of the game to cry out "PLAY ME" and nothing.Crafting is average,i do not like some of it's unrealistic nature like it is basically an EVE auto craft system.Combat is very ho hum,landscape is wide open ,mostly empty.Nothing in the game has any interaction,that is a big downfall.They tried to incorporate some physics but it is for the most part wrong or done badly.

There is a few things i could see people liking,but the basics of the game are too bland,and the majority of time spent in a game is doing the basics.There could very well be some interesting mob scenes i never saw anything,i mean it is supposed to be an APOC setting,where is the unique mobs popping out of the ground?

I find it odd many people have claimed this game is fresh or does things different,when it actually does nothing different at all,it is very generic.All it is is a different setting that we don't see often,but a different skin does not make a different game.


No professions, no limit in amount of tradeskills you want to learn is not what I would call generic. Which is an important difference, not just some minor detail.
  ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/17/07
Posts: 6671

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

1/14/10 5:24:47 AM#100

It is the best mmo out there right now. The post apocalyptic setting gives the mmo genre some new life. You don't seem limited to anything you want to do in Fallen Earth. Alot of combat options and you can learn alot of trade skills. If you expect to finish the entire game in a week then this game might not be for some. I did not find understanding the game complex at all, it is called reading ftw! The community seems like amature crowd unlike other games where you get a ton of chuck norris jokes and constant bashing of other players. Though alot of times people go with what is more popular than what is much better.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search